Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
I AM SO HAPPY!!!
Is this *general happy* or *Special Happy*? 'Cause I'm ready to explode with happy too.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #32
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Is this *general happy* or *Special Happy*? 'Cause I'm ready to explode with happy too.
Oh Pat, this is !!! We keep adding new members to the JUDDD family everyday and it feels like to me! It's just so nice to see this WOE working for so many who have been struggling like I was!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Quote:
You know.. lots of us seem to feel that. And it does seem like a strange thing, but I think it must have to do with the fact that our Down Days are the days that make the whole thing work. Those are the days that result in the weight loss. Those are our *work* days, toward accomplishing what we want to get done, toward getting into the clothing sizes we want to have hanging in our closets, toward appearing in the photos that are going to be taken at family gatherings this upcoming Holiday Season, toward our original goal way back when of losing weight.

And since we only accomplish this work toward our weight reduction on our DDs, we realize the importance of them, and we look forward to *working on our project.* And then it's fun to set aside our project and relax for a day of good eats before getting back to work for yet another day.

And I know you'll make tomorrow another good DD. You're doing a great job.
Good analysis...!! I do love to work on something when I feel that I am accomplishing something, working towards a goal (when that work is effective!). When I have an case to work on for one of my classes, I sort of feel better when I get to tackle it and start working, instead of letting it lie and doing something else instead. So maybe it is a personality thing. I'm a pretty active problem solver type. Who knows! At least I know I'm not alone in feeling this way
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

*feeling the joy of the happy explosion*

You guys are the best, happiest, enthusiastic supporters ever!
It sure is encouraging!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #35

Oh, Hon.. I know. Whenever you go over and find somebody struggling and nothing is working, you feel like just nabbing them and bringing them over here to show them something that is so simple and will work so easily for them, as it does for most everybody.

But I'm beginning to think nobody wants to hear anything against the way they have bought into to the point of pinning all their hopes and belief on it. And then, if it fails them, what's left? I wonder if deep down underneath, there are a few who question if something is all that good for them if their body refuses to go along with it after awhile.

But, you know.. we all get to choose what we want to do, and if that's extremely low carb, that's what they get to do, or calorie counting or a raw diet or whatever.

I'm just glad I chose this one!

It's wonderful to be seeing all the new JUDDD BUDDD here though, and they'll help spread the word.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh, Hon.. I know. Whenever you go over and find somebody struggling and nothing is working, you feel like just nabbing them and bringing them over here to show them something that is so simple and will work so easily for them, as it does for most everybody.

But I'm beginning to think nobody wants to hear anything against the way they have bought into to the point of pinning all their hopes and belief on it. And then, if it fails them, what's left? I wonder if deep down underneath, there are a few who question if something is all that good for them if their body refuses to go along with it after awhile.

But, you know.. we all get to choose what we want to do, and if that's extremely low carb, that's what they get to do, or calorie counting or a raw diet or whatever.

I'm just glad I chose this one!

It's wonderful to be seeing all the new JUDDD BUDDD here though, and they'll help spread the word.

Well, don't stop believing!! I know people are set in their ways (and yeah, once you believe in one thing, it becomes doctrinal to you, so breaking from that mindset and trying something new is *hard*...) One of your posts got me here, and I'm grateful for that!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post
Well, don't stop believing!! I know people are set in their ways (and yeah, once you believe in one thing, it becomes doctrinal to you, so breaking from that mindset and trying something new is *hard*...) One of your posts got me here, and I'm grateful for that!
Well, Little Girl.. you're going to be a big help to others down the road too if they come to a place where their chosen path doesn't lead anywhere anymore. No matter what the diet, for some it takes them all the way apparently, but for those who can't reach their goal, we'll be here with arms open, in case they think this way might help them.

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-20-2011 at 04:37 PM..
Old 10-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Hi JUDDER's! Still watching your threads.
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:37 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Someday again, Honey! When it feels right. You know you will be welcomed with open arms!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Hi Jeanie!!!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
I am so excited to hear the good results you guys are having. I bought a scale yesterday and when I weighed this morning, I was 5 pounds less that I thought. BONUS!!!
Pat I am one of those people who said I will NEVER count calories ICK.... I love JUDD. I think NOT counting calories has been my problem. I can't wait to see where this takes me. I feel like this is actually more freeing that just plain ol low carb!
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
I am so excited to hear the good results you guys are having. I bought a scale yesterday and when I weighed this morning, I was 5 pounds less that I thought. BONUS!!!
Pat I am one of those people who said I will NEVER count calories ICK.... I love JUDD. I think NOT counting calories has been my problem. I can't wait to see where this takes me. I feel like this is actually more freeing that just plain ol low carb!
LOL, Debbie! You are gonna' do so well here you are going to be joining Beeb in

Yeah, nobody ever says to themselves, Boy! I want to fool around measuring out all my food and counting calories. I don't have enough to do every single day.. I want to make myself do that too!

But you know what? It's not very long before you need to do far less work to make it all come together. I remember when I first started low carbing, I had to keep looking up everything and reading all the labels and measuring out how much I could have to make sure my carbs didn't go over.. and then after awhile, eh! It wasn't much work at all.

And that's how it is with the calorie counting after awhile too. You get real quick at it, already have learned how many calories are in this or that, and it goes real fast.

AND THE REWARDS ARE SO WORTH IT. Prepare to get skinny!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
Amazing!!

JUDDD has done what I struggled to do on Atkins for months. I finally broke my 'weight barrier'. I have lost 4 pounds on JUDDD in 2 days (incredible) and got BELOW my lowest ever weight!

I'd low carbed it for months trying to do just that! I re-induced, I kept it under 20 grams. I tried exercise, cheat days, you name it. NOTHING.

In the summer, I was running races almost every weekend, and training 3 or 4 weekdays besides (running 5-10 k each time). No budge on the scale. I tried weight training. No luck.

AND ALL IT TOOK WAS 2 DAYS OF JUDDD....!!!

I can't wait to see where JUDDD is going to take me now! So glad I tried it!
That's it. I'm sold. I'm coming over to the dark side.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
Whoo hoo! Speck!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
SO pleased for you Hun! That's a great start to your juddding woe... and I look forward to following you all the way to goal!

Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #46

Quote:

You'll love it, Speck. It's not just that it works, it's that it works in so many areas of your physical and mental life, and so easily.

And.. then there is that part about the Up Days and whatever you enjoy making your meals out of for the rest of your life.

It will be fun to have you here.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #47

Quote:
Hey Jean!! So nice to see you here!!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #48

Quote:
OMG, my friend Speck!!!! and SO glad to have you join the "Dark Side" and our wonderful JUDDD family!!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:31 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Quote:
Emphasis mine.

I am tired of feeling like I'm at war with my own body. Whether it was Pritikin, Atkins, WW, generic low-fat, generic low-carb, generic whatever... I have always felt like it's a battle against my own self. It doesn't make SENSE that my body doesn't respond like it's "supposed" to to lowered calories or lowered fat or lowered carbs. It works for "everyone else", right?

I know it's only been a week on JUDDD, but if nothing else, I've gotten that "new diet" excitement. Sometimes that alone can keep me going for a couple of months, until the inevitable stall happens.

Cynical, much? Yeah. 30 years of IR-fueled inability to lose weight consistently on ANY plan. I know there's no "silver bullet" to fix it all overnight. I'm willing to work any plan so long as I actually see progress, even if it's "only" a couple pounds a month. But week after week of no progress just discourages me.

That's why I'm so hopeful about JUDDD. As I'm actually doing it, I'm realizing that it's combining some of the things that have worked for me in the past for short times -- calorie restriction (two-day average, anyway), lower carb, lots of veggies, and flexibility.

But I'm still reserving full judgement on it. We'll see how it goes after three months. Hopeful, yet holding judgement.

Last edited by synger; 10-21-2011 at 05:32 AM..
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
He he!! Welcome to the dark side!!

I hope you have great success...i am really enjoying the ride so far! I look forward to seeing your progress!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:26 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
Emphasis mine.

I am tired of feeling like I'm at war with my own body. Whether it was Pritikin, Atkins, WW, generic low-fat, generic low-carb, generic whatever... I have always felt like it's a battle against my own self. It doesn't make SENSE that my body doesn't respond like it's "supposed" to to lowered calories or lowered fat or lowered carbs. It works for "everyone else", right?

I know it's only been a week on JUDDD, but if nothing else, I've gotten that "new diet" excitement. Sometimes that alone can keep me going for a couple of months, until the inevitable stall happens.

Cynical, much? Yeah. 30 years of IR-fueled inability to lose weight consistently on ANY plan. I know there's no "silver bullet" to fix it all overnight. I'm willing to work any plan so long as I actually see progress, even if it's "only" a couple pounds a month. But week after week of no progress just discourages me.

That's why I'm so hopeful about JUDDD. As I'm actually doing it, I'm realizing that it's combining some of the things that have worked for me in the past for short times -- calorie restriction (two-day average, anyway), lower carb, lots of veggies, and flexibility.

But I'm still reserving full judgement on it. We'll see how it goes after three months. Hopeful, yet holding judgement.
I wish you all the best!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #52
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Congrats to you! So glad you're having a good experience with JUDDD.

I too found a MARKED improvement in my BGs while on JUDDD. My fasting BGs went back to bieng mid 80s!!!! And my upper pre-prandial BGs were in the 80s to 90s. So basically a complete normalization of them. I can't remember now about the post prandials but I will do more testing now that I'm starting again.

One thing I think ALOT of people who LC don't know about is ASP. Gary Taubes finally wrote some stuff about it. And maybe Peter at HyperLipid did, but I found it years ago. Will have to go look it up when I get a chance and post references.

I'm sure that ASP isn't THE answer, metabolism as we know is sooo complex and interrelated. But I'm convinced (especially for those of us who are menopausal or perimeno) that ASP plays a huge roll in weight loss/regulation. Because of ASP it is possible to gain weight from eating fat. So when we JUDDD, most of us drop our fat and protein levels on our DDs. I believe that also helps us to lose weight. When we Atkins, so many people think they need to ADD fat! Instead of just eating the fat that naturally occurs in the meats and then adding only "enough" to cook with and feel satiety with.

But I first start suspecting jiggyness when I went zero carb then later very low carb and actually gained weight. Not only that! But my Cushings expressed itself. And I felt awful. Flushed red face, weight gain, high bp, rapid heart rate, excessive sweating on my head,face and neck, panic/anxiety, inability to sit down and rest(pacing). And my BGs actually went up! Both fasting and post prandial. They shot up almost 30-40pts on average in a pre-prandial and fasting state. So that told me...hmmm, something is NOT good about this for me.

So I did some research and found out about ASP. I also think some of us over eat on protein and some of us are really good at gluconeogenesis (deriving blood sugar from protein).

Just my 2 cents!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #53

Quote:
Emphasis mine.

Hoping it works for you!!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #54

Quote:
..........That's why I'm so hopeful about JUDDD. As I'm actually doing it, I'm realizing that it's combining some of the things that have worked for me in the past for short times -- calorie restriction (two-day average, anyway), lower carb, lots of veggies, and flexibility.

But I'm still reserving full judgement on it. We'll see how it goes after three months. Hopeful, yet holding judgement..........

I think that's only fair! I do feel that you stand as strong a chance for success with JUDDD as with any plan out there. It may be very slow. I was always slow initially, but if I could lose even a single pound for three weeks out of four, it was progress where there had been none on straight low carb, so for me.. it was a case of "Beggers can't be Choosers", and I was just happy to see any scale number that would occasionally actually pop up on some number that was lower than I'd seen in years! That kept me going.

And as the weeks and months went by, it got easier for me to do JUDDD truly, and then my metabolism seemed to receive some healing help from this woe, and weight loss came on at a bit faster clip.

I hope this is what you will find for yourself too. Weight loss for sure, just from the days that you eat low calorie, and the healthful healing of your body and metabolism, etc. on those days when you relax and eat to the upper calorie numbers of your UD calorie ceiling. Those higher calories are a part of the healing process as much as the lower calories are a part of the weight loss process, and the healing is almost the most important, because it is what is able to aid and sustain the weight loss part, and helping your body begin to normalize.

I'm wishing you all the very best success in the world, both for your weight loss and for your healing.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Whoo hoo! Speck!
Quote:

You'll love it, Speck. It's not just that it works, it's that it works in so many areas of your physical and mental life, and so easily.

And.. then there is that part about the Up Days and whatever you enjoy making your meals out of for the rest of your life.

It will be fun to have you here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
OMG, my friend Speck!!!! and SO glad to have you join the "Dark Side" and our wonderful JUDDD family!!
Quote:
He he!! Welcome to the dark side!!

I hope you have great success...i am really enjoying the ride so far! I look forward to seeing your progress!
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I guess I just needed one more testimonial to push me over the edge. You all know I'm totally kidding about the "dark side" thing... just thought it would be a fun(ny) way to announce my decision. I'm sorry to jack your thread, Startdust.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #56

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I guess I just needed one more testimonial to push me over the edge. You all know I'm totally kidding about the "dark side" thing... just thought it would be a fun(ny) way to announce my decision. I'm sorry to jack your thread, Startdust.
We ALL call it.. The Dark Side. You're so-o-o-o-o going to fit in here!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I guess I just needed one more testimonial to push me over the edge. You all know I'm totally kidding about the "dark side" thing...
Hmmmm... we weren't kidding! *throws head back and gives long, evil laugh... shakes fistful of cookies in the air*
Old 10-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

well then... I take it back ...mwhahahahahaha!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL It so IS the dark side though. I feel delightfully naughty getting to eat all of the things that were 'forbidden' on LC.

And yes, Sophiethecat is right...the dark side has cookies! Did I need any more convincing!? (lol actually yes I did, but the lure of cookies helped for sure!)
Old 10-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Congrats to you! So glad you're having a good experience with JUDDD.

I too found a MARKED improvement in my BGs while on JUDDD. My fasting BGs went back to bieng mid 80s!!!! And my upper pre-prandial BGs were in the 80s to 90s. So basically a complete normalization of them. I can't remember now about the post prandials but I will do more testing now that I'm starting again.

One thing I think ALOT of people who LC don't know about is ASP. Gary Taubes finally wrote some stuff about it. And maybe Peter at HyperLipid did, but I found it years ago. Will have to go look it up when I get a chance and post references.

I'm sure that ASP isn't THE answer, metabolism as we know is sooo complex and interrelated. But I'm convinced (especially for those of us who are menopausal or perimeno) that ASP plays a huge roll in weight loss/regulation. Because of ASP it is possible to gain weight from eating fat. So when we JUDDD, most of us drop our fat and protein levels on our DDs. I believe that also helps us to lose weight. When we Atkins, so many people think they need to ADD fat! Instead of just eating the fat that naturally occurs in the meats and then adding only "enough" to cook with and feel satiety with.

But I first start suspecting jiggyness when I went zero carb then later very low carb and actually gained weight. Not only that! But my Cushings expressed itself. And I felt awful. Flushed red face, weight gain, high bp, rapid heart rate, excessive sweating on my head,face and neck, panic/anxiety, inability to sit down and rest(pacing). And my BGs actually went up! Both fasting and post prandial. They shot up almost 30-40pts on average in a pre-prandial and fasting state. So that told me...hmmm, something is NOT good about this for me.

So I did some research and found out about ASP. I also think some of us over eat on protein and some of us are really good at gluconeogenesis (deriving blood sugar from protein).

Just my 2 cents!
This is really interesting. I am glad that you have had such success with your blood glucose levels on JUDDD...that is really encouraging for me! I have not had problems (that I know of) yet, despite consuming a fair number of carbs on the up days. Do you mind sharing some info? How many carbs do you typically eat on an up day?

Wow...gaining weight on VLC. I have heard of it happening (read many a thread where it did) but have not tried to go that low in carbs myself (except for a fat fast). I was pretty sure I could not maintain a carb level under 20 in the long term. Strange thing, tho...I felt weaker/shakier on the fat fast than I have on my JUDDD down days, and that was at 1000 calories (the fat fast). Just an observation!!