Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #1141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
I got them at Stop and Shop...we have 3 of them in my area but they only sold them in one particular store...unless they sold out since they were on sale.
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #1142
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Pan dried a whole bag of shirataki noodles and added 2 egg whites and let it cook into kind of a cake type deal. Put walden farms pancake syrup on it, so good! Takes care of that sweet craving for not hardly any calories. I need some cinnamon to add to it.

34 calories, 0.48g carbs

Last edited by MsWoods; 05-02-2013 at 10:23 AM..
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #1143
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Weight watchers has 40 calorie fudgicles they also come in coffee flavor. I haven't dared to eat one on DD though. They would wake my hungry monster!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #1144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Haven't tried it yet, but it looks fabulous. From the originator of Cleochatra's Oopsies and owner of the Lighter Side of lowcarb web site, Jamie.

Minute Microwave Lasagna in a Mug

3 Tbsp pizza sauce (no-sugar added. I use store brands)
3 Tbsp cottage cheese or 2 Tbsp pesto
1/3 cup fresh spinach or greens
2 diced green olives
4 slices pepperoni
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Layer in pizza sauce. Top with pesto or cottage cheese. Add a layer of pizza/lasagna toppings. Add cheese. Press gently. Microwave on high (my microwave is 1000 watts) for one minute. Let cool slightly. Serve.

Makes 1 serving.

Share. Maybe.

Make extras ahead and refrigerate the rest for another day.

Per serving/recipe: 178 Cals.; 4 g Carbs.; 1 g Fiber; 3 g Net Carbs. ; 22 g Protein; 14 g Fat

Last edited by Kimmietoo; 05-06-2013 at 07:19 AM..
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #1145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
Oh, Kimmie, thanks for sharing! This definitely falls under the "why-didn't-I-think-of-that" category

I'm vegan, so will be making the appropriate adjustments, but the idea is awesome!
tofucheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #1146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: alusiq
Stats: 156/151.8/140
WOE: JUDDD, counting calories
Start Date: April 21, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Weight watchers has 40 calorie fudgicles they also come in coffee flavor. I haven't dared to eat one on DD though. They would wake my hungry monster!
hahah! so true! I worry to wake the hungry monster myself!! I am trying not to eat until 8-9 pm... Have you always count your up days calories? I do but sometimes I just wanna eat it all! On my DD i count rigorously.

Cheers
alusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #1147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Never Too Late
Stats: HW 350/JUDDD 265/Goal 118 to 125
WOE: JUDDD, Flexitarian
Start Date: JUDDD 6/24/14
Hi all, here are two "green soup" recipes I've adapted from Sunset Magazine, and from Chef Gordon Ramsay. They are fresh and very clean tasting.

Recipe #1 Parsley and Lettuce Soup [Entire pot of soup is 277 calories! Divided by 4 is 70 calories each serving]

(You can Find the original higher calorie/fat recipe, entitled "Lovage and Lettuce Soup," from April 2013 edition, Sunset Magazine)

Ingredients:

Cooking Spray
6 oz leeks**, light green parts only, rinsed and thinly sliced
1.5 cups Italian flat leaf parsley (or substitute with 3/4 c. loosely packed lovage leaves)
3.5 cups roughly chopped romaine lettuce (5 oz.)
1.5 tsp. uncooked white rice
2 tsp. chicken bouillon powder (or 2 tsp. kosher salt)
Optional extras : 1/2 tsp. drizzle of olive oil, or 1 tsp. Greek yogurt for garnish

Method:

Spray soup pan with cooking spray. Cook leeks over medium heat, until softened, about 10 minutes. Add 4 cups water, rice, and bouillon powder. Cover and cook 20 minutes until rice is very soft. Stir in parsley and romaine lettuce. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Blend soup, in small batches, taking care not to overfill blender with hot liquid. Blend soup to desired smoothness. Return pureed soup to pan and simmer gently. Serve, if desired, with a dollop of yogurt or a small drizzle of olive oil.

[**note: you may substitute the white parts of 4 green onions, if you don't have leeks]

Recipe # 2 Watercress Soup with Poached Egg, Gordon Ramsay You Tube recipe
56 calories for entire pot of soup [excluding poached egg, which is an additional 75 calories.]

Ingredients:

Cooking Spray
3 cups raw watercress, roughly chopped [substitute: spinach or purslane]
1 oz (equal to 28.3 grams or 5 thin slices) raw russet potato (peeled and rinsed well)
1/2 tsp. butter
4 cups boiling water, lightly seasoned with salt
Cooking Spray
1 poached egg
Salt and Pepper to taste

Method: Spray a large soup pot with cooking spray, add watercress and potato slices. Stir for a minute or until vegetables are slightly wilted. Add 1/2 tsp. butter, then the boiling water. Boil for 1 minute. Cool slightly before whizzing in a blender in small batches [caution, very hot!] Adjust seasoning as needed with salt and pepper. Top each portion with a freshly poached egg.

Enjoy!

"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are." -- Brillat Savarin
Never Too Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #1148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Never Too Late
Stats: HW 350/JUDDD 265/Goal 118 to 125
WOE: JUDDD, Flexitarian
Start Date: JUDDD 6/24/14
Here's a Spicy Chicken-Asparagus Stir Fry for your Fast Day

This is one of my favorite recipe creations. It has all the flavors of Spring, like asparagus and leeks, but in a yummy light and citrusy chili-garlic sauce. It also supplies 89% of your daily vitamin C!

I hope you really enjoy it. You may substitute your favorite vegetables, like sugar-snap peas and carrots, or for lower calories, bok choy or cabbage.

Cyn's Chicken and Asparagus in Chili-Garlic Sauce

(Serves 2, Per serving: 202 calories, 5.6 g fat, 10.2 carbs, 28.4 g protein)

Ingredients:

8 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup asparagus, ½ inch slices (pre-blanched for 1 minute in boiling water; drained)
1/3 cup leeks, rinsed and sliced thin
¼ c. red bell pepper, diced
2 tsp. fresh garlic, pressed or finely diced
1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated (or same amount of ginger paste)
1.5 tsp. coconut oil, divided (please divide in half = ¾ tsp. each)

2 green onions, sliced thin (for garnish)

Sauce Ingredients:

1 tsp. Chili Garlic Sauce (It's a Vietnamese brand, called "Tuong Ot Toi Viet-nam," by Huy Fong Foods, 0 cal.)
½ T. soy sauce
1 T. lime juice
1 tsp. cornstarch
2 T. water

Method:

1. Mix together sauce ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.

2. Lightly salt and pepper the bite-size pieces of chicken. Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high heat, add ¾ tsp coconut (or canola) oil. Stir fry ginger and garlic for 10 seconds and be careful not to burn garlic. Add chicken. Let chicken sit for about a minute before moving it around the pan. Stir-fry until chicken is barely done, about 3-4 minutes total. Set aside cooked chicken.

3. Add remaining ¾ tsp. oil to pan; lower heat to medium. Add leeks, bell pepper, and blanched asparagus to the pan. Cook until vegetables are tender – about 2 minutes.

4. Add the cooked chicken back into the pan with the vegetables. Add sauce ingredients and cook for an additional 30 seconds, or until sauce comes to a boil and forms a nice glaze. Add another tablespoon of water, if you like the sauce a little “juicier”.

5. Garnish with green onions and serve. Enjoy!

Last edited by Never Too Late; 05-10-2013 at 11:08 AM..
Never Too Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #1149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
Down Day Chili

I made this today for the next 7 down days, I like to keep it simple and I could repeat the same meal every day if I had to especially if it is tasty which this is. It's chili so throw it all in a pot, after browning the meat, and cook it until it is done, or in a crock pot if you like. A serving of sour cream is nice on top if you can afford the calories!

It made 7 1/2 servings where a serving was 2 cups. Each serving is 347 Calories, 13.9g Fat, 22.2g Carbs, and 29g Protein.

1 lb. Grassfed Ground Beef
1 lb. Pastured Sweet Italian Pork Sausage
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cup finely chopped onion
10 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
2 28oz Rotel Mild Diced Tomatoes and Diced Green Chilies
3 Tablespoons chili powder
2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons cumin, ground
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
3 Tablespoons Franks red hot sauce
2 Jalapeno Peppers, seeds removed
1 2lb bag mini sweet peppers, seeds removed

159.3 Pounds lost since 7/14/2011

Low Calorie: 7/14/2011 - 80lbs lost
Primal: 4/20/2012 - 55.3lbs lost
JUDDD: 4/10/2013 - 23.4lbs lost
Nutritional Ketosis 9/1/2013 - 15.4% BF
Planelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #1150
Senior LCF Member

If you're veg, or just wanting to reduce cals and fat, you can replace the beef with soy crumbles, like the kind by boca or Morningstar farms. they're just like browned ground beef (not patties)...... and no, it's not "weird" tasting! just much lower in fat and calories
Old 05-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #1151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofucheez View Post
If you're veg, or just wanting to reduce cals and fat, you can replace the beef with soy crumbles, like the kind by boca or Morningstar farms. they're just like browned ground beef (not patties)...... and no, it's not "weird" tasting! just much lower in fat and calories
do they come in a container where they are crumbled? Do you just heat them up? Microwave? Would be good with veggie stir fry I'm guessing?
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #1152

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I have some I got a while back but still haven't tried. They came in a bag, in the freezer section at the grocery store. I got the Quorn version since they don't have soy. They are pre-crumbled and can be cooked in a skillet or nuked (IIRC). I really should try them one of these days.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #1153
Senior LCF Member

Zipp-

I use the Boca crumbles, as they are vegan....but NOT gross! Quorn and Morningstar have egg whites in them, so I steer clear.

They come frozen in a bag, just like precooked ground beef. You just pour out what you need and add it to chili, or whatever. Good for sloppy joes, and lasagna and stuff like that. High in protein with a bit of fiber.

Not so good for stirfry, IMO. But what is AWESOME for that is the Morningstar Farms "chik-n" strip Meal Starters (come in a vegan version, too). Again, frozen in a bag, like precooked chicken strips. Great for stir fries. Check out the veg section in your grocers freezer and refrigerated section....there's some good stuff in there!

They used to make a crumbled Italian sausage that was great, but no more. Other brands and lots of good choices.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:31 AM   #1154
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Sweet and Tangy "Honey" Mustard dressing or marinade
(I won't list calories, it's basically whatever is in the brand and fat % of cottage cheese you use - makes a little over 3/4 cup dressing, so around 14 tablespoons @ about 8 cals per tablespoon).

1/2 cup cottage cheese (I used great value fat free at 80 calories for 1/2 cup)
3-4T water
1 heaping tablespoon yellow mustard
1-2T vinegar (to taste)
1/8tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
Stevia to taste (I used sweet leaf stevia glycerite, about 15 drops, so it's sweet)
salt and pepper to taste

Puree everything in a blender until smooth. Refrigerate at least and hour for flavors to meld before using.

*Note: the fat free cottage cheese left a bit of a chalky texture. I will use Breakstone 2% cottage cheese next time for just 10 more calories total.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #1155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
LOVING this as a treat on DDs and even UDs. Take about a 1/4 cup of frozen ff whipped topping (cool whip) and top off with diet root beer in a tall glass for a decadent and delicious root beer float for only about 50 calories. It takes a while to eat, fills me up and feels very decadent.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #1156
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
LOVING this as a treat on DDs and even UDs. Take about a 1/4 cup of frozen ff whipped topping (cool whip) and top off with diet root beer in a tall glass for a decadent and delicious root beer float for only about 50 calories. It takes a while to eat, fills me up and feels very decadent.
OOO that sounds delicious! I am looking forward to trying it!
Old 05-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #1157
Senior LCF Member

I have just developed something that I will dub my personal hunger monster stopper.

It's nothing but fresh chocolate mint, gluc powder, water and truvia whirred in a blender to pudding like consistency.

I've had my first trial before chilling...and it's pretty good! No doubt cooling it will improve it further.

A sprig of mint is 5 calories....so the whole large bowl is 5 calories. What's not to like?

I have some flavored seltzers and may experiment with those instead of the water later on.

Kimmie

Kimmie
Old 05-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #1158

Kimmie, is there chocolate?
Old 05-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #1159
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Kimmie, is there chocolate?
Yes! We were at some friends and had chocolate mint Mohitas. On the next trip to Lowes I picked up a chocolate mint plant.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #1160

Never heard of it, but you can bet I'll be looking for it.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #1161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
The crumbles are a good idea. I also have dried TVP (probably soy based... I use it so infrequently) from the bulk store. I've used it for low carb sushi before, to replace the rice (I think I also tried LC cabbage rolls, to replace rice as well). Maybe I'll bust it out for some tomato sauce or chili. Thanks for the idea!

Here's my addition since Kimmie and TJ mention having a treat on a DD (btw, I bought 3 chocolate mint plants too!)

If you like to make ice cream, here's my method applied to almond milk-- comes out to 8 4oz servings at 60 cal per serving. Has a sort of a frozen slushy consistency, but DH and I like it:

Ingredients:
3c chocolate unsweet almond milk (you could sub some of the almond milk for whole or 10% cream, but then your calories would go up)
2 eggs (or lecithin granules, powdered. This is for consistency)
2 T glycerine (some sweetness, and scoopability)
2T vodka (scoopability-- this recipe really needs this, otherwise it might freeze really solid)
1/4c xylitol (do not sub-- this sweetens and also helps texture. Splenda won't do it, and erythritol makes it crumbly, yuk).
additional sweetener (liquid splenda if you have it. to taste).
a couple shakes of xanthan/guar gum or lc thickener, if you have it. 1/8-1/4tsp
pinch of salt.

I know it sounds like a lot, but I have all that stuff onhand anyway...

Whiz in the blender, freeze in your ice cream maker according to directions.

I use a scale to help me divide it into 8 servings of 4oz each, and each is 60 cals, 3g fat, 9 g total carb, 8g fiber (this includes the xylitol), 2g of protein.
5% of your daily vitamin A, 10% of your iron.

S. Pretty good for a DD treat.

OH, and I have a bonus treat:

1 package of fat free (sugar free also) pudding (the 4 serving size). I used white chocolate flavor
1c of whole milk (or 1% or 2% or skim I suppose but I've not tried it... but NOT almond milk)
1c of water (I used this to make the whole millk more like 1%)

Add the liquids to a big bowl, then the powder, and use your hand mixer to really mix it, per the instructions.

Makes 4 1/2c servings, and only 60 cals each! (the pudding powder is 25 cal per 1/4 of the box. The rest is up to you).

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #1162
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
The crumbles are a good idea. I also have dried TVP (probably soy based... I use it so infrequently) from the bulk store. I've used it for low carb sushi before, to replace the rice (I think I also tried LC cabbage rolls, to replace rice as well). Maybe I'll bust it out for some tomato sauce or chili. Thanks for the idea!

Here's my addition since Kimmie and TJ mention having a treat on a DD (btw, I bought 3 chocolate mint plants too!)

If you like to make ice cream, here's my method applied to almond milk-- comes out to 8 4oz servings at 60 cal per serving. Has a sort of a frozen slushy consistency, but DH and I like it:

Ingredients:
3c chocolate unsweet almond milk (you could sub some of the almond milk for whole or 10% cream, but then your calories would go up)
2 eggs (or lecithin granules, powdered. This is for consistency)
2 T glycerine (some sweetness, and scoopability)
2T vodka (scoopability-- this recipe really needs this, otherwise it might freeze really solid)
1/4c xylitol (do not sub-- this sweetens and also helps texture. Splenda won't do it, and erythritol makes it crumbly, yuk).
additional sweetener (liquid splenda if you have it. to taste).
a couple shakes of xanthan/guar gum or lc thickener, if you have it. 1/8-1/4tsp
pinch of salt.

I know it sounds like a lot, but I have all that stuff onhand anyway...

Whiz in the blender, freeze in your ice cream maker according to directions.

I use a scale to help me divide it into 8 servings of 4oz each, and each is 60 cals, 3g fat, 9 g total carb, 8g fiber (this includes the xylitol), 2g of protein.
5% of your daily vitamin A, 10% of your iron.

S. Pretty good for a DD treat.

OH, and I have a bonus treat:

1 package of fat free (sugar free also) pudding (the 4 serving size). I used white chocolate flavor
1c of whole milk (or 1% or 2% or skim I suppose but I've not tried it... but NOT almond milk)
1c of water (I used this to make the whole millk more like 1%)

Add the liquids to a big bowl, then the powder, and use your hand mixer to really mix it, per the instructions.

Makes 4 1/2c servings, and only 60 cals each! (the pudding powder is 25 cal per 1/4 of the box. The rest is up to you).
Oh YUM I will definitely try this ice cream!!! Thank you, Soren!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #1163
Big Yapper!!!!

What brand is the white chocolate pudding? I've never seen that- especially sugar free! Do tell! (I hope I don't have to drive 8 hours to get some )
Old 06-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #1164
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
I think I saw Jello brand white chocolate SF and FF. Different stores seem to have different flavors.

I just got Philly Swirl ice pops that are 14 calories each! Something cold for summer!
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #1165
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
I think I saw Jello brand white chocolate SF and FF. Different stores seem to have different flavors.

I just got Philly Swirl ice pops that are 14 calories each! Something cold for summer!
I ate those all last summer... You can beat that for 14 calories!
Old 06-06-2013, 04:31 AM   #1166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Thai peanut dipping sauce with PB2

I'm giving the most basic version of this sauce: it can, of course, be tweaked and improved with extra sesame oil or some finely chopped, roasted peanuts, if you have sufficient calories to allow you to do that.

I make a cold noodle salad with this sauce: the noodles are the wider, fettucini size of Shirataki noodles, along with mangetout (snow peas), griddled courgette (zucchini) ribbons and charred aubergine (eggplant) or roasted cauliflower.

Ingredients

2 Tbsp PB2
1 Tbsp Soy sauce or make this up with fish sauce and soy sauce
1 Tbsp Water or lime juice
tiny amount of fresh ginger, grated (can be omitted but it's good)
1/8 tsp Garlic powder or fresh garlic, to preference, crushed
1/4 tsp Ground pepper
1/8 tsp Szechuan chili sauce or Szechuan pepper to taste
1 tsp Splenda brown sugar blend (for colour preference otherwise substitute another AS)
1/8 tsp Sesame oil

Method

Blend and serve - although I prefer to let it stand for 30mins or so, so you might need to emulsify it again. Refrigerate leftovers although in US measurements this is only 1/4 cup (2floz) so it's not much.

For the noodle salad, I rinsed off a package of the wider Shirataki noodles, blotted them dry, sprinkled them with a tsp of Knorr reduced salt stock powder (to help the sauce stick) and then tossed them in the sauce with some blanched mangetout and slivers of carrot with some finely chopped coriander leaves (cilantro). (This was part of a picnic so there were other vegetable dishes to have on the side, otherwise, I might usually add more vegetables.)

It's difficult to give a calorie count for this because although 2 Tbsp of PB2 (12 grams) has approx. 45kcals, soy sauce and fish sauce vary so much from one brand to another that it's tricky to say what it is for other brands. That said, even with those sauces, the vegetables, noodles and 3 crushed peanuts (for the crunch), it's tricky to bust 100kcals for the entire dish.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:23 AM   #1167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Thai peanut noodles with PB2

Slightly different sauce to the above version. It can be tweaked in a similar manner and it can have fewer calories as it doesn't have the tiny amount of sesame oil. However, if you have the calories, I recommend including even a tiny amount of sesame oil and more lime juice (to taste), and at least put a couple of crushed peanuts on to increase the visual appeal as well as dusting it in some very finely chopped coriander leaves (cilantro).

Ingredients

1 packet Shirataki noodles (I prefer the wider, fettucini style for this dish)
60 ml (1/4 cup) Soy sauce (or a blend of fish sauce and soy sauce)
60-70ml (1/4 cup) Vegetable broth (can be low-cal chicken broth; add a kaffir lime leaf if possible)
4 Tbsp (48g) PB2
2 Tbsp Water (reduce this to 1 Tbsp water with an extra Tbsp lime juice if preferred)
1 Tbsp Lime juice
1 tsp garlic, crushed
1 tsp Grated ginger
1/2 tsp Szechuan pepper or chilli flakes (to taste)

Optional vegetables
Raw or griddled red pepper (bell pepper); raw or griddled courgette (zucchini) ribbons; blanched mangetout (snow peas) or green beans; slivers of carrot; Chinese cabbage, cut into bite-sized pieces.

Sprinkles
If you have the spare calories, a few crushed roasted peanuts enhance the appearance as does a dusting of finely chopped coriander leaves (cilantro) or holy basil (Thai basil). It's always good to sprinkle these noodles with sesame oil but that way temptation lies.

Method

Rinse and blot dry the noodles. Set aside.

If you're OK with raw garlic and ginger, then just blend together the remaining ingredients and let them stand at room temperature to intensify the flavour.

Use this sauce to dress the noodles, adding in extra vegetables such as blanched mangetout (snow peas), slivered carrots, roasted cauliflower, griddled ribbons of courgette (zucchini). You may want to hold a little of the stock in reserve to thin the sauce. If you need to thicken the sauce, then a little ground flaxseed, peanut or PB2 would thicken it but all of these might add more calories than you have, so try 1/8 tsp of glucomannan powder.

Add in any additional sprinkles and serve.

If you can't tolerate raw garlic/ginger, or would prefer a hot dish, then blend the remaining ingredients, as above, and bring up to a medium heat in a suitable size of pan.

At the same time, heat and drain the noodles in a low-calorie vegetable or chicken broth (if you do this, adding a kaffir lime leaf gives this a lovely perfume and taste, but I can't recall if you can purchase these in the USA). You might use the broth first to blanch any additional vegetables (although the colours set better if you then rinse the vegetables under cold water and blot them dry).

Add the warm noodles to the warm sauce and toss together. Again, if you need to thicken the sauce, use one of the above additions.

Stir in the additional vegetables. Add in any additional sprinkles and serve.

Last edited by SlowSure; 06-06-2013 at 05:25 AM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #1168
Big Yapper!!!!

SS- those sound yummy!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #1169
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
The regular fudgsicle brand is only 40 calories a piece too. The "no-sugar-added" variety. Tastes the same though. I usually can eat just one on DD.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #1170
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Braised cabbage and onions with Turkey Sausage and Peanut sauce

2 cups of cabbage (42)

1/4 c. onion

2 oz. of turkey sausage (hillshire type sausage) (100)

Peanut sauce (2 T PB2, 1 T water, 2 T white vinegar or rice vinegar, 2 T soy sauce, 1 tsp ground ginger, 2 t garlic powder) - (45)

Spray pan and add cabbage, onion and chopped sausage, cover...cook until cabbage is wilted or to the desired texture for you. Pour peanut sauce over your concoction and prepare to swoon.

Total calories: 187 (and additional neglible cals for onion) calories

Leave off sausage and have a pan-full of food for 87 cals!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 06-10-2013 at 02:38 PM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote