Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #1081
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
It's tricky to purchase some of the sugar-free syrups in the UK but I've identified a source for a couple of brands to try out and this has finally convinced me to get around to ordering them. We only seem to do vanilla, hazelnut or caramel as sugar-free syrups in the UK though so I'm in no danger of amassing a collection of 30
Those flavors are what most of the grocery stores carry here. We have a couple of specialty stores that carry many more flavors, and I get some from Netrition, too. As wildly popular as they are, I'm surprised more grocery stores don't carry more flavors AND bigger bottles. Those little puny ones don't go far!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #1082
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Yes it sounds like a fruit roll up. I haven't had that since I was a kid- that brings back memories.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #1083
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Not a recipe but my new FAV lunch - saladworks spring fit salad - 214 calories (without dressing - I add spray dressing) with lots of crunch, chicken, almonds, grapes, pea pods - YUM! Just finished one on my UD and added a cup of Maryland crab soup for only 88 calories. This is going to be a spring and summer staple.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #1084
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Never heard of Saladworks--had to look it up. The closest location is a few hours away.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #1085
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I haven't heard of saladworks either..apparently we have none close..Oh..Dawn.,I wanted to say I did see where you and dh are going to renew your vows..and the Hawaiian outfits sound terrific...I am happy for you, and it's going to be great for your sweet little daughter to be a part of..
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #1086
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
Oh..Dawn.,I wanted to say I did see where you and dh are going to renew your vows..and the Hawaiian outfits sound terrific...I am happy for you, and it's going to be great for your sweet little daughter to be a part of..
Ditto all that!!!

Ps I wore Hawaiian to my wedding! Super cute and nice at the same time

Last edited by sorenkkg; 04-03-2013 at 08:57 PM..
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #1087

Thanks! It's going to be a blast! Soren, I've seen your pictures and they were beautiful! Ours are not going to be that fancy.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:25 AM   #1088
Senior LCF Member

I think I've found a great item for some of my dd's...I found some small, frozen salmon fillets , each ones says..approx. 4 oz., and 130 calories..I'm going to try to wait until at least 2pm and have one with a small salad..then...here's the best part...I could have two fillets for dinner and still be good on my calories..see, I don't really like fish a lot,,.shrimp and salmon I can do..and if I only do them on dd's..maybe that will be good for me,..anyway..I'm going to do this today.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #1089
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/106/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Soren, I've seen your pictures and they were beautiful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Ps I wore Hawaiian to my wedding! Super cute and nice at the same time
Forgive my ignorance but I am British. Are Hawaiian outfits regular style clothes in an Hawaiian print or are they 'traditional Hawaiian' costumes?

I always think Hawaii sounds fabulous - but I may have an over-idyllic view (that was a little tempered by that odd Charlton Heston film with Julie Andrews - Hawaii).

I have a DD Hawaii-style (wildly-inaccurate pastiche) salad in mind that will involve dried pineapple shavings and a smaller amount of coconut shavings as the side to some fish baked in foil. I'm also wondering about lomi-lomi salmon because a suitable amount of salted, diced salmon with tomatoes, crushed ice, and green onions sounds achievable and tasty.

Last edited by SlowSure; 04-05-2013 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: typo
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #1090
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
I think I've found a great item for some of my dd's...I found some small, frozen salmon fillets , each ones says..approx. 4 oz., and 130 calories..I'm going to try to wait until at least 2pm and have one with a small salad..then...here's the best part...I could have two fillets for dinner and still be good on my calories..see, I don't really like fish a lot,,.shrimp and salmon I can do..and if I only do them on dd's..maybe that will be good for me,..anyway..I'm going to do this today.
that is a good idea, i have never bought frozen salmon, but have wanted to try it. Of course the stuff i have bought in the fish market was probably pre frozen anyway..
I did buy canned wild salmon one time, it was pretty good. Don't know the calorie count though...
Something I really like on down days is bacon! I love it in salads too
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #1091
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Jaymar, I love your salmon idea. So yummy and healthy....and handy!

Sher, I love my bacon DDs! And they usually mean a loss for me too. So why am I not doing that every DD???
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #1092

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Forgive my ignorance but I am British. Are Hawaiian outfits regular style clothes in an Hawaiian print or are they 'traditional Hawaiian' costumes?

I always think Hawaii sounds fabulous - but I may have an over-idyllic view (that was a little tempered by that odd Charlton Heston film with Julie Andrews - Hawaii).

I have a DD Hawaii-style (wildly-inaccurate pastiche) salad in mind that will involve dried pineapple shavings and a smaller amount of coconut shavings as the side to some fish baked in foil. I'm also wondering about lomi-lomi salmon because a suitable amount of salted, diced salmon with tomatoes, crushed ice, and green onions sounds achievable and tasty.
We're doing regular style clothing in Hawaiian prints. DH and I have button up shirts, royal blue with white flower print, and Keira has the same material, but in a sundress. DH will most likely wear khaki pants and I'll probably wear either khaki pants as well, or *gasp* shorts and flip-flops. We're high style.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #1093
Senior LCF Member

Dawn, you are all going to look great...and if we're good, maybe you will share the pictures with us,.,,we will be very good.

Sher and LCG, I just kind of accidentally found those fillets at super wal mart..and when I baked them with a little butter and lemon juice, I thought..hey
I could do that ...especially two..they are filling...and bacon..oh my..I love bacon....found some very very thin sliced and it is so easy in the micro..I figure., what the heck...if there's any way to look forward to a dd, I must find it.
or keep looking. and again, I think it goes to the fact we are all different and what will satisfy hunger in one person might not for another..well except for Chocolate..and we know that will do the trick, even if we can't have it..
Old 04-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #1094
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Dawn, you are all going to look great...and if we're good, maybe you will share the pictures with us,.,,we will be very good.

Sher and LCG, I just kind of accidentally found those fillets at super wal mart..and when I baked them with a little butter and lemon juice, I thought..hey
I could do that ...especially two..they are filling...and bacon..oh my..I love bacon....found some very very thin sliced and it is so easy in the micro..I figure., what the heck...if there's any way to look forward to a dd, I must find it.
or keep looking. and again, I think it goes to the fact we are all different and what will satisfy hunger in one person might not for another..well except for Chocolate..and we know that will do the trick, even if we can't have it..
you know what I have found though, and this may be just me...but on my UDs, no matter what I eat, it doesn't really seem to satisfy my hunger, and I think that's because I'm not actually hungry. I'm just wanting to eat. For example, I could eat 5 pieces of pizza, and my hunger wouldn't be any more satisfied than eating a cup full of yogurt and fruit, all the extra calories are just...psychological. does that make sense? I try to remind myself that when I am wanting to overeat, that I'm not going to be any more satisfied after I do...
Old 04-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #1095
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
you know what I have found though, and this may be just me...but on my UDs, no matter what I eat, it doesn't really seem to satisfy my hunger, and I think that's because I'm not actually hungry. I'm just wanting to eat. For example, I could eat 5 pieces of pizza, and my hunger wouldn't be any more satisfied than eating a cup full of yogurt and fruit, all the extra calories are just...psychological. does that make sense? I try to remind myself that when I am wanting to overeat, that I'm not going to be any more satisfied after I do...
My problem is that I have to remind myself to eat on an UD. I have to remember to take enough stuff with me to work because .. it's an UD! Yesterday (UD), I just wasn't hungry and had to eat because I needed to. I mean I get hungry, but I don't gorge, stuff, or anything. Now, what baffles me, is why oh why can I not lose weight???? Maybe I need to live on an eternal DD?

That last sentence you wrote is so true, too. This may not be the same, but it reminds me of how I used to approach the end of an UD one one of my very first go rounds with JUDDD. I'd eat because .. omigosh tomorrow is a DD! I do just as well to steer clear of food at the end of the day on an UD because I end up being less hungry on the next (DD) morning.

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #1096
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
That's totally it!

I either have to go wayyyyyyy overboard (um, hello, half pizza!) or really realize that it's a mental game.

What's weird is that on a dd, when I do eat, THEN, I'm satisfied. Like, I was HUNGRY, I had something yummy and healthy, and now I'm good on both fronts.
Ya know?

But that's harder, it seems on uds. Easier though if I skip breakfast, go with 2 meals, and each is more satisfying than having 3.

Hmmm...
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #1097
Senior LCF Member

I also do better on ud's if I wait and eat later...seems like having a good breakfast just gets me started the wrong direction...and I've always eaten breakfast..cuz..we are supposed to right?...I know that with me there is something going on besides just being hungry, it's like..now..I have to have good stuff on an ud...has to be something I think is going to satisfy not only my hunger, but my idea of being "good"..now what's that about?...it's in my head..has to be....good thing I'm not a drinker, I might have to have a bottle of
Chateau La bla bla...or whatever the expernsive stuff is...well, I'm going to work on this and see if I can figure out what my problem is...one last thing I have thought of tho,..I wonder if I really am getting all of the vitamins that I need...I remember a few years ago I was taking some very high quality liquid vitamins, and noticed...hmm...I'm not as hungry as usual...I'll check into that and see if there's anything to it , with me....are you all taking a lot of vitamins?.
and could you ever tell a difference when you were?
Old 04-06-2013, 04:22 AM   #1098
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
Jaymar--I've done a bit of elder care, and some the older folks used to joke that they take so many pills (for blood pressure, etc) that they aren't hungry anymore!
tofucheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #1099
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ringamajig
Stats: 187.0/175.5/150.0 Start JUDDD 3-23-13
WOE: JUDDD?
Start Date: 3-23-13
Hello DD friends.

This has probably already been posted somewhere, but here goes anyways.

I bought some of the Ji*my De*n low fat sausage crumbles, 1/2 cup is 70 calories. Used three large egg whites, 48 calories, about 2 tbs onion, 1/4 bell pepper and made a nice scramble for roughly 130 calories. This was a nice and filling brunch and very tasty.

Enjoy your DD.
Rox

Last edited by Ringamajig; 04-07-2013 at 12:02 PM..
Ringamajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #1100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Sounds yummy, Rox. I'll give that recipe a try on a DD very soon!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #1101
Senior LCF Member

Here's a recipe I used today, and am going to use some with my salmon filets on dd's....cut up one head of cauliflower,I cut it small....then cook, and drain a small pkg of green peas...add chopped onion, as you much as you like, then stir in ranch dressing...I used regular...cool for a couple of hours in the refrig...and I really liked it..not sure how many calories..maybe 60 or so for a cup..
Old 04-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #1102

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OK I have read some of this, but not all. I need some NEW fresh ideas for DD's. Yesterday I just couldn't tolerate the same old Salad with chicken (or cottage cheese) grape tomatoes and salsa AND I have about OD on stir fry veggies.

Throw out your Favorite or New favorite. I need to spice things up a bit!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #1103

My standard DD menu:

B: Coffee or tea
L: Small Wendy's chili with TJ's habanero hot sauce
D: Miso soup OR swai and veggies OR Subway salad, no dressing or cheese

My new love: Click Espresso protein shake (only for mornings though!) Comes in Mocha or Vanilla Latte.

ETA: Cyn (Never Too Late) mentioned the shake and I had to try it. Love, love, love it!

Last edited by KeirasMom; 04-10-2013 at 07:48 AM..
Old 04-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #1104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Familyvet
Stats: 230/200/<160 5'8" 44yo
WOE: Atkins on and off for years, JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 2/20/13
Soup is always good and filling! There are lots of different canned varieties. Or if you worry about all the additives, boil a chicken, debone it, add veggies and noodles. You can eat on it for days. Very filling and low-cal!
Familyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #1105

Dawn, I don't know how you do the same thing each DD? I do and then I get burned out on ... Stir Fry or Salads and then I could almost puke just looking at them!

I also have texture issues AND have Celiac! I'm a mess!!!!!! I'll keep looking over this thread!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #1106

THANK YOU!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Dawn, I don't know how you do the same thing each DD? I do and then I get burned out on ... Stir Fry or Salads and then I could almost puke just looking at them!

I also have texture issues AND have Celiac! I'm a mess!!!!!! I'll keep looking over this thread!
I am a creature of habit. Most of my UDs also have the same foods for breakfast and lunch, but then my UD dinners vary and I love lots of different ethnic cuisines, so that's where I get my variety. Plus, I eat out so often that I know the calorie counts of my favorite go-to meals, so it's just easier not to deviate. Lazy, much?
Old 04-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #1108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Something that is working surprisingly well for me:
1 Magic pop popped wheat cake (15-20 cal - so far have only found the regular and whole wheat - need to find the other flavors!)
1 laughing cow wedge of any flavor (35-45 cal)
sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp Chia seeds (~30 cal)

I have also used 1 tsp of peanut butter (30 cal) but you get more from the laughing cow. Have lots of water or tea or coffee or whatever beverage of choice to plump up those magic chia seeds in your belly!

Snack on pickles.

I think I already put this on here somewhere but I also love spaghetti squash (I think it's 50 cal/cup or close to that) - can have it with tomato sauce and can get a fair amount for not so many calories. And I use sauteed zucchini to volumize lots of things.

Baked sweet potato with salsa (10 cal/tbsp) and light sour cream (40 cal/2 tbsp), add those J. Dean turkey sausage crumbles for a great meal.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #1109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
I am hungrier than normal today, so I whipped up some Rasperry pudding to take the edge off.

2 c almond / coconut milk, unsweetened (90 cal)
2 rounded tsp glucomannan powder ( - cal)
Raspberry SF syrup ( - cal)
Truvia ( - cal) (use your favorite)

Whipped it on high in the blender and it made two latte cups, so 45 cal per serving and it took the hunger edge away.

I will need to do some tweaking on quantities to get it right, but it's a decent start and a fast way to get a grip on the hunger beast.

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #1110
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
I'm sure this has been mentioned but I coudln't find it with the search option. Does anyone use a dehydrator to make veggie chips or any other low calorie things? Do veggies come out crisp or rubbery? My hubby wants to get a dehydrator but I'm not sure if things will come out the way he thinks they will!
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote