Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Down Day Pumpkin Pie w/pic (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/741231-down-day-pumpkin-pie-w-pic.html)

Beeb 10-18-2011 08:19 PM

Down Day Pumpkin Pie w/pic

LOOK WHAT I MADE TODAY!! :jumpjoy: I took Penguin's muffin with my tweak to make a spiced one and SoHappy's Pumpkin Pudding with my tweak using calorie countdown FF milk and I came up with a little pumpkin pie for...........you ready?................43 CALORIES FOR THE WHOLE PIE!! :eek::jumpjoy: IT'S INSANE and so :yummy: I had to post it here so you guys can see it, and I'm also putting it in the Recipe Thread!

OMG, PUMPKIN PIE ON A DD!! How much better can it get! :up:

Down Day Pumpkin Pie:

Ingredients for crust:

4 TBS Oat Fiber
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 TBS Brown Sugar Sub
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp gluc powder
2 TBS egg beaters or egg white
2 TBS Walden Farms Marshmallow Fluff (or add 2 more TBS egg beaters or egg white if you don't have)
2 TBS water (or more but not more than 2 more TBS if the batter is too stiff)

How to make crust:

Mix all ingredients together until well mixed. Spray a small low sided bowl or small glass pie pan with cooking spray. Gently press (I used the back of a large spoon) the crust mixture into the bowl or pie plate, spreading it evenly up the sides and on the bottom.

Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes until is looks and feel dry. Put aside.

Pumpkin Pudding Filling Ingredients:

1/2 cup Calorie Countdown Fat Free Milk (or you could use water here if you want or a nut milk)
2 TBS canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Dash of ground cloves
1 TBS Brown Sugar Sub
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp gluc powder
Sweetener to taste

How to make pudding:

Put all ingredients in a blender, magic bullet or appliance of this type and blend until thick and creamy, like pudding

After pie crust has cooled, put the pudding mixture on the crust and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until it looks "set". Let cool, put in fridge to get cold and enjoy!

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL183.../399016777.jpg 1/4 of the pie at 10.75 calories!! (canned whipped cream not included in calorie count) The glass pie pan I used is a 7" pie pan I found at Walmart. The crust is not flaky but it's gets harder than a muffin without drying out in the oven so it's more like a soft cookie crust.

ouizoid 10-18-2011 09:28 PM

Beautiful!! A work of art!

Beeb 10-18-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouizoid (Post 15100558)
Beautiful!! A work of art!

Thanks, Ouiz and I forgot to give you credit for the original muffin recipe :doh:! So sorry my friend! :hugs::shake:

Low Carb Librarian 10-18-2011 10:20 PM

Oh! I have to go to sleep! That is making me super hungry and I have not a calorie left tonight.

Redeemed 10-19-2011 08:05 AM

Fantastic! I usually save my calories for my evening meal on DD's. Now, I can have something sweet with my coffee in the morning, which is something I have missed! You just made my DD's painless!!!!!

Redeemed 10-19-2011 08:24 AM

Beeb is Marshmallow Fluff the same as Walden Farms Marshmallow Dip?

1annewil 10-19-2011 08:35 AM

I have this in the oven right now but I left off the crust and made in ramkins. I used coconut milk and maple flavoring. I'll report ack but smells good. I had a tough time not putting an egg in this-but I resisted. Thanks, Beeb!

Beeb 10-19-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed (Post 15101770)
Beeb is Marshmallow Fluff the same as Walden Farms Marshmallow Dip?

Same thing! :up: And please let us know how you like this!!

Debrat3 10-19-2011 10:38 AM

What is gluc powder?
Where do you get it?

Beeb 10-19-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debrat3 (Post 15102289)
What is gluc powder?
Where do you get it?

Here you go!
http://www6.netrition.com/konjac_glu...an_powder.html

emky 10-19-2011 01:02 PM

This is awesome- thank you! Will be making this week...

Rachelocity 10-19-2011 01:05 PM

That's one sexay pie, Ms. Linda! Paired with my DD OMM stuffing, we've got something to be thankful for!!

Joedi 10-19-2011 01:19 PM

So cute! i love the little pumpkin decoration...very artistic!

As I cant buy pumpkin here, I plan to make mine with stewed rhubarb.
OR butternut squash! Apparently..once stewed and sweetened, with spices added..its just as good!

May even take a photo if it comes out well! Wont be till tomorrow, tho...as I havent enough DD cals left!

hugs
Jo
x

Sibylle 10-19-2011 03:47 PM

Hello Beeb,
I tried the recipe out and it is really amazingly wonderful. I think I can now "survive" the DDs. I am really craving seets. Thank you! Sib:clap:

Beeb 10-19-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sibylle (Post 15103439)
Hello Beeb,
I tried the recipe out and it is really amazingly wonderful. I think I can now "survive" the DDs. I am really craving seets. Thank you! Sib:clap:

I'm SO glad you tried and liked it! :jumpjoy: I love this and am saving the other half I have to tomorrow's DD dessert! :yummy:

Sibylle 10-19-2011 07:48 PM

Hi Beeb, I have to confess: It was so very(!) yummy that there is nothing left of it that I could save for tomorrow. I blame you for it. LOL :laugh:Sib

Beeb 10-19-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sibylle (Post 15104196)
Hi Beeb, I have to confess: It was so very(!) yummy that there is nothing left of it that I could save for tomorrow. I blame you for it. LOL :laugh:Sib

:jumpjoy::clap: And I'll take the blame! Hell, I'm always getting in trouble some way or another! :hyst: I managed to save my other half from yesterday's DD for tomorrow, but you know we can ALWAYS make another one, they are that easy to make! ;)

penguinpower 10-19-2011 09:01 PM

Linda - OMG, I've been behind in my reading but how on earth could I have missed THIS???? It looks and sounds amazing. I am going to make it tomorrow!

Beeb 10-20-2011 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinpower (Post 15104312)
Linda - OMG, I've been behind in my reading but how on earth could I have missed THIS???? It looks and sounds amazing. I am going to make it tomorrow!

Wouldn't be possible with Ouiz, yours and Pat's recipes! :hugs: Let us know how you like it!! :clap:

SoHappy 10-20-2011 06:02 AM

Pretty darling DD Pumpkin Pie! Who'd a thunk? :laugh:

ouizoid 10-20-2011 06:26 AM

:heart::heart::heart:Linda--your generosity with sharing credit is very very endearing--just sayin'

Beeb 10-20-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouizoid (Post 15104914)
:heart::heart::heart:Linda--your generosity with sharing credit is very very endearing--just sayin'

It's the way it should be, Ouiz, nothing more! :hugs: