Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Support for DDs Thread

I know many of you seem to have a harder time with your UDs (which I think is bonkers b/c I love to eat! ), but I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs support on DDs. I've noticed some people mention overeating on these days, and I'd personally like to avoid that because I feel it will interfere with max weightloss.

So, let's use this as a place to ******, moan, and complain on days we are struggling to get through our DDs without going over our calorie limit. Support = success

-----
Eta- I just realized someone wandering into the JUDDD section who's not familiar with the lingo yet might think this is a spinoff of the breast weight thread in the main LC lobby lol

Last edited by emky; 10-18-2011 at 06:47 PM..
emky is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
Eta- I just realized someone wandering into the JUDDD section who's not familiar with the lingo yet might think this is a spinoff of the breast weight thread in the main LC lobby lol

Today is my 3rd DD since starting and it has been the easiest by far. I don't know if it's because I was so busy during my worst hunger hours (seems to be between 4 and 8 p.m.) and didn't have time to think of food, or it's because I wallowed in a Chinese buffet last night and ended up with enough calories to tide me over or just that my body is getting a little used to the idea of a day here and there on low calorie instead of LC foods.

But I agree we need a thread like this to help keep us strong through the "dark", hungry hours Thanks for starting it
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Great idea, I know I will be here tomorrow.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

^^Me too.

My worst "hungry moments" seem to come in waves during the day. I generally have one after breakfast, but before lunch (around 10:30) then sometimes one about an hour post-lunch (maybe around 1-2). I ALWAYS am hungry at night, so I'm going to try going to sleep early on DDs!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Quote:

Well I am on a DD today. I fought it all day... I thought of making today a MD or maybe just another UD. I was just stressed. I made it through - but now I am home and my DH made cupcakes! I can have one tomorrow.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I PROMISE, it gets better and better! You guys will find in a few weeks time that these DDs are a piece of cake (and yea, you can have that if you have the calories for it on your DD ) and you won't even be thinking about food half as much as you are now! Heck, I have to eat up to 900 calories now to maintain and I'm finding it SO hard to even get to 700, I'm just not hungry!

Hang in there, and watch what happens! It really is something like "magic"!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:59 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

I planned out tomorrows DD menu. I was able to figure out a way to have three meals and two snacks. kept my carbs pretty low. using egg whites for protein instead of meat since that is higher in calories. you can see it here, let me know if it looks do-able

Kris4chloe's Food Diary | ************.com
Old 10-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
I planned out tomorrows DD menu. I was able to figure out a way to have three meals and two snacks. kept my carbs pretty low. using egg whites for protein instead of meat since that is higher in calories. you can see it here, let me know if it looks do-able

Looks VERY doable to me! WTG with the planning also! It really helps take the pressure off of our DDs when we plan ahead, especially in the beginning of starting the program!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:36 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
This is my first DD. I have had 2 100 cal 'meals' so far. It is kinda hard, because I am not used to feeling any hunger (after over a year on Atkins where hunger was a thing of the past!). I am doing OK but I think it is a little harder than usual to concentrate (I am also reading contract law books, so that could be the reason why LOL-it is the driest and most convoluted of all my legal textbooks, so far-and this is all in my 2nd language!). I'm gonna buckle down, finish the last 20 pages or so, and go for a walk to get my mind into a better place before I start working on an assignment.

I am trying to decide if I should have a 200 cal diet bar (which has 25 carbs) for dinner or 2 fried eggs (zero carbs). Dunno yet!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:45 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

^^If you absolutely can't resist the sweet taste, go for the bar. Otherwise, eggs are boring but their low carb-ness is worth it
Old 10-19-2011, 06:47 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Quote:
I still think "dear daughter" when I read it. I'm sure that will change as I go along.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post
This is my first DD. I have had 2 100 cal 'meals' so far. It is kinda hard, because I am not used to feeling any hunger (after over a year on Atkins where hunger was a thing of the past!). I am doing OK but I think it is a little harder than usual to concentrate (I am also reading contract law books, so that could be the reason why LOL-it is the driest and most convoluted of all my legal textbooks, so far-and this is all in my 2nd language!). I'm gonna buckle down, finish the last 20 pages or so, and go for a walk to get my mind into a better place before I start working on an assignment.

I am trying to decide if I should have a 200 cal diet bar (which has 25 carbs) for dinner or 2 fried eggs (zero carbs). Dunno yet!
I would also go for the eggs. I find them much more long-term satisfying than bars.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:53 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Just ate my breakfast:

1 1/2 c. coffee w/ 1/2 T. half n half (20 cals)
1 low carb tortilla (50 cals) with 1 laughing cow wedge spread on it (35 cals)

Total so far is 105 calories. I have 395 left to "spend". Foods I could potentially use:
-salad
-a cup of broth
-raw broccoli and cauliflower
-pickles
-sucralose sweetened flavored tea
-shirataki noodles w/ 1/4 c. LC sauce and 3 oz. cooked chicken (I flavor the noodles with garlic powder and onion salt too- delish!)
Old 10-19-2011, 07:37 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, I forgot about skiataki noodles. Those are hard to find, tho (for me). Everything is hard to find (or impossible...no gluc powder, oat fiber, any of that stuff...)

Yeah, I decided it would be eggs, too. Why would I want 25 carbs in THAT? Those bars surprise me sometimes...how can it be healthy!?
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:11 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:

Wow! Reading law books.... In your second language... On a DD! You are amazing! I would also go for the eggs...hard boiled, sliced, with celery salt, pepper and lf sour cream...yumm!

I occasionally have a protein bar... I slice it up and freeze it...a couple of pieces with a coffee make a great after dinner treat... UD or DD!

Have a great first day juddding!

Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

You use the same programme as me. I love it! Feel free to add me as a friend... My user name is treacletart2.

I see you are using a big chunk of cals on oil. Is this to keep your fat % up, or to keep you fuller?
Personally, I like bulk to keep me full... and coffee to keep my appetite down!

It took my a while to work out how to get the best bang for my buck on a DD. I find *** invaluable.. as I can look back and see just what I was eating when I started, and what worked for me and what didnt.

Have a great DD!

Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Old 10-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I know many of you seem to have a harder time with your UDs (which I think is bonkers b/c I love to eat! ), but I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs support on DDs. I've noticed some people mention overeating on these days, and I'd personally like to avoid that because I feel it will interfere with max weightloss.

So, let's use this as a place to ******, moan, and complain on days we are struggling to get through our DDs without going over our calorie limit. Support = success

-----
Great idea for a thread! I will be a regular visitor!

Thinking on what beeb said..... the hunger DOES get less... I get waves during the day, but nothing I can't satisfy with my DD food.
HOWEVER... the desire to eat...that is often still with me! Especially on days where I am not too busy. Perhaps that is something I will always have... do any of you know what I mean?

Hugs
Jo
X
Old 10-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
You use the same programme as me. I love it! Feel free to add me as a friend... My user name is treacletart2.
sent you a request on ***, a few of my local friends were using it so i switched from ********* over to it. so far i am liking it.

Quote:
I see you are using a big chunk of cals on oil. Is this to keep your fat % up, or to keep you fuller?
Personally, I like bulk to keep me full... and coffee to keep my appetite down!
I planned on sauteing the zuchini with the tomatoes so i figured there would be some trace olive oil. I only have canola oil spray, I will try to cook it in that without the oil and then if so I will have a few more calories.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:48 AM   #19

Quote:
Great idea for a thread! I will be a regular visitor!

Thinking on what beeb said..... the hunger DOES get less... I get waves during the day, but nothing I can't satisfy with my DD food.
HOWEVER... the desire to eat...that is often still with me! Especially on days where I am not too busy. Perhaps that is something I will always have... do any of you know what I mean?

Hugs
Jo
X
Only when I'm bored, it seems. When this happens I now ask myself if I'm REALLY hungry? Will a cup of coffee work instead of food? Then I will have the coffee and see if it does the trick. Actually, just the process of making the coffee usually does the trick, gives me something to do, no more boredom. If the coffee doesn't do it, then I'm really hungry and I'll eat something.

Keeping busy, somehow, works for me. Even the process of making food helps to curb my appetite!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:59 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quote:

Planning out my DDs the night before is SO helpful to me! I at least try to plan through the afternoon if not the whole day. I think it helps me to have to think less about what I'm going to eat during my DD if it's planned out already. Plus, I think it helps me to mentally envision all that I get to eat the next day so I don't have to feel panicky about "starving" all day the next day.

Your menu looks great, btw. I really need to get more veg in on my DDs like you are. Must plan that better. I am also on My Fitness Pal...love it!! It's my most-used app, by far! Feel free to friend me, too. My screen name is the same as here at LCF.

ETA: Jo, I saw that you use ***, too...I've sent you a friend request.

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 10-19-2011 at 10:01 AM..
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:36 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting thing...on my first DD here...hunger bothered me the first half of the day and then suddenly...BAM...it all went away! My head got clearer, too (concentration got easier) and it was like things were normal again. I wonder if my body reached a point where it figured out it was not going to get fed normally and had to tap its own resources!

Anyhow, very cool feeling...
Old 10-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow! Reading law books.... In your second language... On a DD! You are amazing! I would also go for the eggs...hard boiled, sliced, with celery salt, pepper and lf sour cream...yumm!

I occasionally have a protein bar... I slice it up and freeze it...a couple of pieces with a coffee make a great after dinner treat... UD or DD!

Have a great first day juddding!

Jo
X
Thanks! I'd put off the studying, but I can't...it is fall break and we have a huge paper, a trial exam, about 200 pages of reading, and I'd also like to fit in a couple social activities before the week is out...so DD or no, it is time for me to hit the books! Besides, i'm gonna have to go to classes and work on projects on DDs anyway. I guess I will consider it good practice

Eggs and sour cream...sounds yummy!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Planning out my DDs the night before is SO helpful to me! I at least try to plan through the afternoon if not the whole day. I think it helps me to have to think less about what I'm going to eat during my DD if it's planned out already. Plus, I think it helps me to mentally envision all that I get to eat the next day so I don't have to feel panicky about "starving" all day the next day.

Your menu looks great, btw. I really need to get more veg in on my DDs like you are. Must plan that better. I am also on My Fitness Pal...love it!! It's my most-used app, by far! Feel free to friend me, too. My screen name is the same as here at LCF.

ETA: Jo, I saw that you use ***, too...I've sent you a friend request.
Planning my DD the night before is such a big help!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
This is my 4th week. Linda's right, it does get easier. The first couple of weeks, I would eat over my DD cals. So now every evening I actually input/plan my food for the next day, regardless whether it's UD or DD. For DD, I input the whole day's worth. For UD, I input through the afternoon snack, and leave dinner alone. The hunger seems to come and go with me.
LuvLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woo hoo! Made it through DD number one at 622 cals! I let myself have a 100 calorie 'allowance' over the 500 since it was the first day and I didn't want to get really hungry at night. But it wasn't so bad! Can't wait to see what the scale says tomorrow!
Old 10-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Well done Stardust!
That sounds lke a perfect DD! You may find you lose perfectly on 600, and never need to go lower.
I always keep some cals or plan a nack for the evening...its my hungriest time!
Will look out for you in the weight management thread tomorrow!

hugs
jo
x
Old 10-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Woo hoo! Made it through DD number one at 622 cals!
Yay!

So, I'm only at 320 of my 500 calories right now, but I'm stuffed. Shirataki noodles and gummy candies are very filling.

It's only 4 pm, so when I get hungry later I think I'll end the day with a spinach salad. I will add a little dressing, but I won't need much b/c I'll toss some green olives and banana peppers in for low cal flavor and tang.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yay!

So, I'm only at 320 of my 500 calories right now, but I'm stuffed. Shirataki noodles and gummy candies are very filling.

It's only 4 pm, so when I get hungry later I think I'll end the day with a spinach salad. I will add a little dressing, but I won't need much b/c I'll toss some green olives and banana peppers in for low cal flavor and tang.
Woo hoo! I have got to get myself some of those noodles! I saw your post about the gummy candies in another thread...and let me tell you, next DD they are MINE!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well done Stardust!
That sounds lke a perfect DD! You may find you lose perfectly on 600, and never need to go lower.
I always keep some cals or plan a nack for the evening...its my hungriest time!
Will look out for you in the weight management thread tomorrow!

hugs
jo
x
*CROSSES FINGERS*
Can't wait to see that scale!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #30

Quote:
Yay!

Gummy candies? Recipe?

EDITED TO SAY: Never mind, found it from your post in another thread here: DD Staples Post # 8 Thanks!!

Last edited by Beeb; 10-19-2011 at 04:19 PM..