Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
This is my second DD, after a very carby UD....and both times I have noticed I am a lot less hungry, and can keep my cals low a lot easier.

Anyone else find that what they eat on an UD (type of food, I mean, rather than amount) effects how their DD goes?

hugs
Jo
x
Yeah, there could be something to that, Jo! I had less than 100 carbs yesterday, my UD, and today's DD hasn't been an easy one.

Monday's DD was pretty easy and I had at least 150 carbs on the UD before.

The DD before that was pretty easy and I had almost 240 carbs on the UD before.

sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #182
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
I kind of feel like I'm starting JUDDD over today too- I've been trying like crazy to reign in my UD eating (b/c I totally believe staying within my # will help me drop weight faster), but I haven't been successful so far. I tried going back to LC, but I relapsed HARD on sugar and it all fell apart from there. I've been very good about my DD's though- always within my calorie range.

Today is a DD, and in 3 hours I will be 24 hrs sugar free. I'm going to break free of the craving demon today/this week I swear! In order to help this along, I'm trying to make this a scant DD, but who knows if I'll actually be able to pull it off.

Breakfast= Homemade low cal/low carb soup w/ coffee (40) and a Lc tortilla w/ a WW cheese wedge (80) = 120

No lunch, working

Dinner + late evening snack= more soup (30), sf pudding (90), shirataki noodles w/ sf sauce, mushrooms, and a dash of parma (110) = 230

So, I want to keep to this- 350 for the day would be great
Congrats on the sugar-free 24 hours!!!! WTG and it sounds like you are doing GREAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
It has been almost two weeks since I have had a good DD. All up days
The good news is that I have been maintaining. I am ready for some weight loss though now.

Being overly busy has been getting the best of me. I have not had enough time to be on the board for support and I have not been on JUDDD long enough to have established long term eating habits.

But here we go round two

I am going to record everything I eat today so I can stay accountable
Maintaining is a good thing at times and now you can just go forward to losing again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori-s View Post
Wish me well today.

I have adjusted my calories down because I have to stay off my knee at least a week maybe more so my activity level is down quite a bit. This means today my DD I'm going to be at 350 or less. I did it once before and I'm sure I can do it again and again and again. I have planned the day out so here I go!
Sorry to hear about the knee and hope you are better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissiesue View Post
I wish all DDs were like yesterday's. I had decided to up my DD calories to 700 - 800, mainly because I was just too obsessive about the 500 thing. Well wouldn't ya know -- yesterday, I fasted without problem until dinner time, and ended up at 530 cal for the day. It was easy, and I felt good, and I slept well, and am now ready for a successful UD!
And THIS ^^^ is why I started JUDDD with a higher DD than suggested. I wanted some "illusionary wiggle room" with extra calories if I thought I would need them. All but 1 day I needed them, and all the rest of the days were closer to the 500 than the 700 I allowed myself! Just a mind game I played that worked for me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel7298 View Post
My DD is horrible today. I am so hungry and I don't know why! Let's try some deeeep breathinggg....nope doesn't help. Counting to 10... 1, 2, 3, 10, 10, 10 10...nope that doesn't work either....arghhh!
Sorry to hear this, Kel and tomorrow is an UD so eat really well and make that next DD a better one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
This is my second DD, after a very carby UD....and both times I have noticed I am a lot less hungry, and can keep my cals low a lot easier.

Anyone else find that what they eat on an UD (type of food, I mean, rather than amount) effects how their DD goes?

hugs
Jo
x
YUP, THIS ^^^^ is why I don't worry about carbs anymore, even though I do tend to keep them lower. When I tried to watch my carbs I was starving on my DDs. Just go with what I want to eat, no worry about the carbs and I'm golden on my DDs. Carbs ARE my friend, it seems!!

Quote:
I'm kinda up in the air about something this DD

I decided to do a pure fast today and I'm doing great with it but was thinking about something.

Each DD I have my snack at 8pm of diet swiss miss (25 cals). At 8 pm I will have hit my 24hr fast mark. I've used the diet swiss miss for 2 reasons. One is as a bit of a reward for getting through DD and the other is a way to program my body and let it know that I am done for the day and nothing else is coming in the way of food.

So, tonight I'm trying to decide if I should have a swiss miss at 8 pm or if I should just forget about it and go for a whole 36 hour fast until 8am when I usually have breakfast on my UD (only eat that early because my dog expects breakfast and I need to make my UD calories ... I'm not usually hungry that early). Right now I feel I can easily go until tomorrow morning with no problems but, I don't want to mess up the programing I'm doing to set my DDs so that I make DD habits that stick in the long run. Anyway, just thought I might get some opinions on this.

See!!! this is what happens to my mind when I fast.

I would like to ask 2 questions: 1. how long have you been doing JUDDD? 2. Why the fasts? I'm confused since fasting is not something that is suggested and recommended on JUDDD since we do a mini fast type thing with the calorie restricted DDs as it is.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 11-09-2011 at 08:10 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Beeb .. fasting because I've been listening to my body and it's just sort of naturally leading me there on DDs and I figure it's just a heightened version of feast/famine that JUDDD supports. My DD calories are down to 350 right now due to my forced physical inactivity driving my calorie needs down and there's just that part of me that says why bother if I'm not really that hungry anyway.

Also, been doing JUDDD a little over a week. I know ... I know ... it's early in the plan.

I'm not that hungry on DDs anymore and have trouble eating on UDs until later in the day.

I think I'm going to have SF Jello and Diet Swiss Miss at 8 so that I don't have to worry about maybe waking up at 3am hungry like I did the first couple of DDs. That was horrendous for me.

Last edited by Lori-s; 11-09-2011 at 08:26 PM..
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #184
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Beeb .. fasting because I've been listening to my body and it's just sort of naturally leading me there on DDs and I figure it's just a heightened version of feast/famine that JUDDD supports. My DD calories are down to 350 right now due to my forced physical inactivity driving my calorie needs down and there's just that part of me that says why bother if I'm not really that hungry anyway.

Also, been doing JUDDD a little over a week. I know ... I know ... it's early in the plan.

I'm not that hungry on DDs anymore and have trouble eating on UDs until later in the day.

I think I'm going to have SF Jello and Diet Swiss Miss at 8 so that I don't have to worry about maybe waking up at 3am hungry like I did the first couple of DDs. That was horrendous for me.
Thanks for answering my questions. Hope it works well for you and feel better with that knee!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote