Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Great Ideas! I never thought to use chicken broth for the base for the miso, I'll bet that tastes great!

I've got a couple of Single Serve Sugar Free Pudding, just add to 6 oz of milk, can't recall the calories but tis pretty low.
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
This is weird, but I'm excited for my DD tomorrow because I'm all stocked up on new as well as tried n true foods for it!

Something new I'm gonna make is a stir-fry. Kroger had a Manager's special on a stir-fry pack in the fresh veggie section. It's asparagus, mushroom and onion all ready to cook.

I might cook up a small piece of chicken breast for it and use this recipe below. I found it on one of our recipe threads. Addict had posted it.

Version 2 (General Tso):

...comes in at *approximately* 15 or 16 calories per 1/4 cup of sauce.

1-1/2 cups canned chicken broth
3/4 cup Walden Farms' Calorie Free Pancake Syrup
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup wine
1-1/2 tsp grated ginger
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. glucomannan powder, to thicken

I don't have gluc powder, and my sugar-free pancake syrup isn't calorie free, but I will need just a small amount of the sauce, so I think it'll still be OK.

I already have some cooked white rice in the fridge, so I may have a quarter cup of it with this, just have to see how I'm doing on calories - I don't have my full day planned out.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
Good morning all you DD peeps!

I am so excited today....If I can lose one more lb then I will reach a big milestone. Today could be the day

Also today is my 13 yr old daughter's first DD. Lunch will be a challenge cuz this age is so weird and no one wants to be eating "gross" food...

so those of you who pray....please life her up. I am convinced this will be a great lifestyle for her. She is such a sweet, smart and responsible girl. I really want weight to be something that she has in the bag by the time she grows up. I don't want to send her away with bad habits and lack of self control.

Thanks! Good luck everyone
Will be thinking of your lovely DD. Its great she want to do juddd! Make it a fun game for her...experimenting with low cal recipes...seeing who can plan the biggest best DD menu, etc!

Keep us posted on her progress!
hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sissiesue
Stats: 173/129/129
Start Date: September 27, 2010
I was inspired by the Japanese food video that PirateJenny posted yesterday, so I'm going to make something with miso, dashi, and veggies. I'm planning a trip to the grocery store today to pick up some veggies and maybe a tiny bit of pork.

Gonna be a tasty DD!
Sissiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:44 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
It has been almost two weeks since I have had a good DD. All up days
The good news is that I have been maintaining. I am ready for some weight loss though now.

Being overly busy has been getting the best of me. I have not had enough time to be on the board for support and I have not been on JUDDD long enough to have established long term eating habits.

But here we go round two

I am going to record everything I eat today so I can stay accountable
addict1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
The good news is that I have been maintaining. I am ready for some weight loss though now.

Being overly busy has been getting the best of me. I have not had enough time to be on the board for support and I have not been on JUDDD long enough to have established long term eating habits.

But here we go round two

I kind of feel like I'm starting JUDDD over today too- I've been trying like crazy to reign in my UD eating (b/c I totally believe staying within my # will help me drop weight faster), but I haven't been successful so far. I tried going back to LC, but I relapsed HARD on sugar and it all fell apart from there. I've been very good about my DD's though- always within my calorie range.

Today is a DD, and in 3 hours I will be 24 hrs sugar free. I'm going to break free of the craving demon today/this week I swear! In order to help this along, I'm trying to make this a scant DD, but who knows if I'll actually be able to pull it off.

Breakfast= Homemade low cal/low carb soup w/ coffee (40) and a Lc tortilla w/ a WW cheese wedge (80) = 120

No lunch, working

Dinner + late evening snack= more soup (30), sf pudding (90), shirataki noodles w/ sf sauce, mushrooms, and a dash of parma (110) = 230

So, I want to keep to this- 350 for the day would be great
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
I hear ya emky..while it is nice to have some carbs...they are really hard for me to avoid. I have been trying to get back on my DD cycle..but everyday it seems that something comes up..some temptation etc..so I just put it off for the next day.

It is a mixed blessing that I have not gained weight..even over eating on continuous UDs. I am glad I have not gained, but the lack of weight gain allows me to push things off another day...no fire under my rear!

Today was another day with a temptation thrown in...We stopped for breakfast after chuch...which wasnt on my DD menu.

So I ate 1/2 bagel with Low fat cream cheese. Total calories. 210...plus coffee this morning at 80 cals. Already at 290.

I will stay under 500 today!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Quote:
I hear ya emky..while it is nice to have some carbs...they are really hard for me to avoid. I have been trying to get back on my DD cycle..but everyday it seems that something comes up..some temptation etc..so I just put it off for the next day.

It is a mixed blessing that I have not gained weight..even over eating on continuous UDs. I am glad I have not gained, but the lack of weight gain allows me to push things off another day...no fire under my rear!

Today was another day with a temptation thrown in...We stopped for breakfast after chuch...which wasnt on my DD menu.

So I ate 1/2 bagel with Low fat cream cheese. Total calories. 210...plus coffee this morning at 80 cals. Already at 290.

I will stay under 500 today!

Hey addict,

Don't know if you tried them yet, but what really works for me is the shakes!! I buy the Atkins choc shakes. They taste OK and the simplicity of the shakes are great! 2= 320 calories. I usually just have 2 shakes per day along with soup, water, decaff and so on..

Also, in the beginning, when temptation struck on my DD, I had to tell myself ( sometimes over and over, LOL)..That I CAN have...xyz,..just can't have it "today" This worked great!! Also, I think from this point on, I am going to put myself on a M-W-F / DD schedule and make T-TH-Sat my UD..Now what to do with Sundays

Have a great DD

Ask~~~.Believe~~~Receive....

*Look* *Speak* *Act* ...in the direction you want to go, be or do...
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #159
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:

But here we go round two

LOL Well, if you're at least maintaining, all you are losing out on is how soon you could be skinny. It's not like you are gaining and going to have to start in from that higher weight and have to lose those extra pounds all over again! (We count every blessing we can think of when we need encouragement!)

But, of course it would be nicer to be spending these passing days of your life waking up at the end of each week a pound slimmer or maybe two pounds lighter, a bit smaller through the waist, noticing a bit more roominess in the clothing. It's happening for some folks. Why not you?

I know you can do this thing! JUDDD is just the perfect thing that can give you great weight loss with only half the effort. Making every other day the *diet day* is so much nicer than having to be on a diet every single unending day, and so if you are going to choose to lose weight, there is no better time than now, no better plan than JUDDD.

I know once you get into this, you are just going to FLY! Go stand in front of the mirror and get an idea of how you are going to look all slim and trim and sleek and fit, 'cause that's sure to be you sooner or later! Why not make that be you sooner! Yay! Start now! Woo Hoo!
Old 11-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastednuffime View Post
Also, I think from this point on, I am going to put myself on a M-W-F / DD schedule and make T-TH-Sat my UD..Now what to do with Sundays

Have a great DD
I like having the same days DD each week, so I put a MD in front of an UD in the seven-day rotation. So DD, UD, DD, MD, UD, DD, UD

If your DD is 500 and your UD is 1900, add that together (2400) and divide in half (1200). You can aim for that as your MD amount. So it's like a "normal" diet day's worth of calories.

My weekly schedule is DDs Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. UD Monday, Wednesday, Saturday. MD on Friday.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:26 AM   #161
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
I like having the same days DD each week, so I put a MD in front of an UD in the seven-day rotation. So DD, UD, DD, MD, UD, DD, UD

If your DD is 500 and your UD is 1900, add that together (2400) and divide in half (1200). You can aim for that as your MD amount. So it's like a "normal" diet day's worth of calories.

My weekly schedule is DDs Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. UD Monday, Wednesday, Saturday. MD on Friday.
Thanks!!
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:28 AM   #162
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

But here we go round two

Glad to see you back, Addict! Good job on maintaining! You'll be JUDDD as we say in no time!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:32 AM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
I kind of feel like I'm starting JUDDD over today too- I've been trying like crazy to reign in my UD eating (b/c I totally believe staying within my # will help me drop weight faster), but I haven't been successful so far. I tried going back to LC, but I relapsed HARD on sugar and it all fell apart from there. I've been very good about my DD's though- always within my calorie range.

Today is a DD, and in 3 hours I will be 24 hrs sugar free. I'm going to break free of the craving demon today/this week I swear! In order to help this along, I'm trying to make this a scant DD, but who knows if I'll actually be able to pull it off.

Breakfast= Homemade low cal/low carb soup w/ coffee (40) and a Lc tortilla w/ a WW cheese wedge (80) = 120

No lunch, working

Dinner + late evening snack= more soup (30), sf pudding (90), shirataki noodles w/ sf sauce, mushrooms, and a dash of parma (110) = 230

So, I want to keep to this- 350 for the day would be great
You can do it, Emky!!

I had a less than stellar time around the Halloween candy, and had to get rid of it. Between that and too much wine last Wed. night it was eye-opening just how bad I felt and I started breaking out too. By Sat. I had 2 good DD under my belt and all was well again.

Glad you're still on the JUDDD train with us!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:34 AM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
LOL Well, if you're at least maintaining, all you are losing out on is how soon you could be skinny. It's not like you are gaining and going to have to start in from that higher weight and have to lose those extra pounds all over again! (We count every blessing we can think of when we need encouragement!)

But, of course it would be nicer to be spending these passing days of your life waking up at the end of each week a pound slimmer or maybe two pounds lighter, a bit smaller through the waist, noticing a bit more roominess in the clothing. It's happening for some folks. Why not you?

I know you can do this thing! JUDDD is just the perfect thing that can give you great weight loss with only half the effort. Making every other day the *diet day* is so much nicer than having to be on a diet every single unending day, and so if you are going to choose to lose weight, there is no better time than now, no better plan than JUDDD.

I know once you get into this, you are just going to FLY! Go stand in front of the mirror and get an idea of how you are going to look all slim and trim and sleek and fit, 'cause that's sure to be you sooner or later! Why not make that be you sooner! Yay! Start now! Woo Hoo!
Yes, and I can add to all this the health benefits of JUDDD's calorie cycling. This helps keep me going on it, especially on those DD. The fact that I know inflammation is being dampened on the DD. I could actually feel it happening on my last DD.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Wish me well today.

I have adjusted my calories down because I have to stay off my knee at least a week maybe more so my activity level is down quite a bit. This means today my DD I'm going to be at 350 or less. I did it once before and I'm sure I can do it again and again and again. I have planned the day out so here I go!
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:46 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wallee
Stats: 147/142/140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori-s View Post
Wish me well today.

I have adjusted my calories down because I have to stay off my knee at least a week maybe more so my activity level is down quite a bit. This means today my DD I'm going to be at 350 or less. I did it once before and I'm sure I can do it again and again and again. I have planned the day out so here I go!
Good luck!!! You can do it! Hope your knee gets better fast!
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:19 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

I wish all DDs were like yesterday's. I had decided to up my DD calories to 700 - 800, mainly because I was just too obsessive about the 500 thing. Well wouldn't ya know -- yesterday, I fasted without problem until dinner time, and ended up at 530 cal for the day. It was easy, and I felt good, and I slept well, and am now ready for a successful UD!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:21 AM   #168
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori-s View Post
Wish me well today.

Good luck, Lori, hope your knee mends asap!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:22 AM   #169
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissiesue View Post
I wish all DDs were like yesterday's. I had decided to up my DD calories to 700 - 800, mainly because I was just too obsessive about the 500 thing. Well wouldn't ya know -- yesterday, I fasted without problem until dinner time, and ended up at 530 cal for the day. It was easy, and I felt good, and I slept well, and am now ready for a successful UD!
Congrats on a great DD, Sissie! I know, there is something about knowing you have those extra calories to spend if you need them that takes the pressure off Kinda like knowing you can eat anything tomorrow on JUDDD takes the pressure off not having it ever again on another diet
Old 11-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
I am eating some Gluc pudding for the second DD in a row... well, it is actually the 3rd. But I didn't eat much of my first try cuz it was yucky

This is probably not a good idea... right?
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LeahGraceG
Stats: 150 (postpartum)/119.6/110 (someday after baby)
Start Date: Nov 2011
LCLibrarian, I hope it's OK to eat gluc pudding a lot, because I've had two batches today! We shall see...
LeahGraceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
My DD is horrible today. I am so hungry and I don't know why! Let's try some deeeep breathinggg....nope doesn't help. Counting to 10... 1, 2, 3, 10, 10, 10 10...nope that doesn't work either....arghhh!
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel7298 View Post
My DD is horrible today. I am so hungry and I don't know why! Let's try some deeeep breathinggg....nope doesn't help. Counting to 10... 1, 2, 3, 10, 10, 10 10...nope that doesn't work either....arghhh!
Hang in there, Kelly!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
If it's any help to anyone--I've not had any problems w/my DDs (it's my UDs that I keep screwing up by eating too much).
Anyway, coffee curbs my appetite--but I hate coffee--so, I make "lattes" w/coffee, a cup of Almond milk (40 cals) and caramel flavored SF DaVinci's. I drink two of these each DD. Never after 6 PM though, otherwise I wouldn't sleep.
Also, I am NEVER hungry in the morning, (I know many people are very hungry for breakfast), I am just VERY thirsty; so I have been drinking EAS carb conscious chocolate shakes for breakfast every day for years (since my LC days)--110 cals. This helps me save cals for later in the day.
I also do what several others have recommended--save a huge salad for as late as possible--because I am usually starving by about 8 PM.
Hope this helps and I thank God for all the support on these threads!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Congrats on a great DD, Sissie! I know, there is something about knowing you have those extra calories to spend if you need them that takes the pressure off Kinda like knowing you can eat anything tomorrow on JUDDD takes the pressure off not having it ever again on another diet
Thanks! I hope this is a sign of things to come :-)
Old 11-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #176
Blabbermouth!!!

I think part of my problem is I'm getting up earlier now and while I'm not normally a breakfast eater, I do tend to get hungrier sooner in the day when I wake up earlier.

It makes for a longer day too, since I probably won't fall asleep for at least another five hours.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissiesue View Post
Smiled when I read your post....my DD today was exactly the same....gave myself up to 700...as I am meant to be maintaining now...and ended up at 505...must be psychological!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahGraceG View Post
LCLibrarian, I hope it's OK to eat gluc pudding a lot, because I've had two batches today! We shall see...
I eat a lot of Gluc...have done since my second week in....each DD has 1tsp in a DD muffin, 1 tsp in gluc "jello" (made with a sugar free drink mix) and 1-2 tsp added to a protein shake to make a thick, creamy whipped pud!...never made any difference to me losing...though I do tend to lose more after an UD than a DD...maybe thats why!

Hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Old 11-09-2011, 03:16 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

This is my second DD, after a very carby UD....and both times I have noticed I am a lot less hungry, and can keep my cals low a lot easier.

Anyone else find that what they eat on an UD (type of food, I mean, rather than amount) effects how their DD goes?

hugs
Jo
x
Old 11-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

I'm kinda up in the air about something this DD

I decided to do a pure fast today and I'm doing great with it but was thinking about something.

Each DD I have my snack at 8pm of diet swiss miss (25 cals). At 8 pm I will have hit my 24hr fast mark. I've used the diet swiss miss for 2 reasons. One is as a bit of a reward for getting through DD and the other is a way to program my body and let it know that I am done for the day and nothing else is coming in the way of food.

So, tonight I'm trying to decide if I should have a swiss miss at 8 pm or if I should just forget about it and go for a whole 36 hour fast until 8am when I usually have breakfast on my UD (only eat that early because my dog expects breakfast and I need to make my UD calories ... I'm not usually hungry that early). Right now I feel I can easily go until tomorrow morning with no problems but, I don't want to mess up the programing I'm doing to set my DDs so that I make DD habits that stick in the long run. Anyway, just thought I might get some opinions on this.

See!!! this is what happens to my mind when I fast.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
This is my second DD, after a very carby UD....and both times I have noticed I am a lot less hungry, and can keep my cals low a lot easier.

Anyone else find that what they eat on an UD (type of food, I mean, rather than amount) effects how their DD goes?

hugs
Jo
x
Hey Joedi ... I've found I do much better on DDs if I have higher carb UDs. too.