Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 05:00 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
Thanks so much for the pep talk Beeb.

I am feeling better this morning. I will count my blessings!

No loss on the scale this morning...but I am always suspicious when regardless of what is happening the same exact number to the decimal point is on the scale. I drink, I pee, eat, I sleep on a deficit of calories and nothing changes????? Having trouble believing that

It is like my body is freaking out trying like mad to maintain..it must be retaining water to try and fake maintenance..it is going to have to give.

I will wait it out and not hate my body or myself. My body is just trying to protect me from dying. It is like a dog bringing you a dead animal to the door wanting praise...The body just doesn't know how to please me

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2011, 05:45 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
DD today. After a disastrous UD, I'm going to stick with mostly liquids today. I feel queasy

Gawd, I slept for 15 hours and I wish I could go back to bed. Instead, I have class today and then a private viewing for the show my friend and I opened in August (we're painters). I am not in the mood to schmooze potential buyers.
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:54 AM   #123
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
It took me a while, but I got used to using almond milk in my coffee. 1 cup of silk pure almond (unsweetened) is only 35 calories and it has 45% more calcium than milk.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Who was I kidding about sticking to liquids today?

So far:

__1 c. coffee w/a little hwc (.5g carbs /30 cals)
__1 bag 0 cal noodles (0g/0cal) with 1/2 c. no sugar added sauce (4g net/35 cals); 1/2 T parma cheese (.5g/10); and 1/2 c. wilted spinach (2g net/ 30 cals)
__1 diet swiss miss (3g/25 cals)

Total so far= 130 calories

I will probably end the day with another diet cocoa (25), a turkey dog (45), and a few pickles (10).
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
No loss on the scale this morning...but I am always suspicious when regardless of what is happening the same exact number to the decimal point is on the scale. I drink, I pee, eat, I sleep on a deficit of calories and nothing changes????? Having trouble believing that
Sometimes if I'm weighing myself and am within a pound or so of the last time I weighed myself, my scale doesn't seem to "notice".

If I don't believe what the scale is telling me, I step back on with a small weight/dumbbell in my hand (2 or 3lbs works well), step off & put the weight down, then weigh again. That usually gets me a more reliable number....or one I can't be in denial about, anyway!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Doing pretty good on my DD today. I think really eating higher on my UD yesterday helped, as well as I decided that skipping breakfast and just doing liquids didn't work for me.

This morning I had egg whites mixed with one egg and some peppers scrambled.

Now I am having a big bowl of the veggie soup i made this morning. I made enough to last a week, but I don't know how long it will actually last. This is an experiment.

It is only 88 calories for two cups of it. So only at 199 calories for breakfast and lunch and am very full.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #127
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
Doing pretty good on my DD today. I think really eating higher on my UD yesterday helped, as well as I decided that skipping breakfast and just doing liquids didn't work for me.

This morning I had egg whites mixed with one egg and some peppers scrambled.

Now I am having a big bowl of the veggie soup i made this morning. I made enough to last a week, but I don't know how long it will actually last. This is an experiment.

It is only 88 calories for two cups of it. So only at 199 calories for breakfast and lunch and am very full.
If you keep having DDs like this, not going over your DD calorie number and even lower, etc. the pounds are going to be falling off of you!

Sounds like you are doing just great so far today, and glad it's going more easily so far.

The longer you do JUDDD, the more your brain/tummy seem to get used to it, and the easier it gets. I have little hunger on DDs anymore. And yet, on my UDs, my appetite is quite happy to look forward to all my meals!

It's like my brain is now back to guiding my appetite, but along the lines of this new feeding schedule.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
If you keep having DDs like this, not going over your DD calorie number and even lower, etc. the pounds are going to be falling off of you!

Sounds like you are doing just great so far today, and glad it's going more easily so far.

The longer you do JUDDD, the more your brain/tummy seem to get used to it, and the easier it gets. I have little hunger on DDs anymore. And yet, on my UDs, my appetite is quite happy to look forward to all my meals!

It's like my brain is now back to guiding my appetite, but along the lines of this new feeding schedule.
Yes, thank you. I love the sound of the weight falling off of me.

I am so much happier today being satisfied and not having that hunger, I was pretty cranky two days ago.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #129
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Today's DD has been easy. It helps so much that I'm allowing for my limit of 600 calories if needed. I'm at 538 right now.

Earlier I had a Pure Protein bar, eaten slowly, with some decaf and still feel full. But I have some calories left for something before bed to help me sleep.

I just cannot make it on DDs if I don't get to feel full before going to bed because otherwise = no sleep.

I kept in the back of my mind that I could do PirateJenny's 24hr/JUDDD if I wanted or needed, and I think that helped make it an easy DD somehow (knowing I could eat plenty later if I wanted). If nothing else, it made me more confident to eat a more substantial lunch today than I normally do on DD and I've been more satisfied.

Of course, these are my most dangerous hours right now - between now and bed. Like I said, I have some calories to spare, but if I have to, I will dip into tomorrow's UD (if I need to go a little over 600) to be able to sleep.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #130
Administrator

I found a gluten and msg free beef stock - Kroger brand Culinary stock. It comes in a 4 cup carton and each cup is only 5 calories, 1g carbs and 1g protein. I can see using this on DD's to quench hunger- just heat a cup with some tabasco and it should kill hunger
Oh 480mg sodium, so not too bad there either.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:24 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LaurieKeren
Stats: 198.6/191.4/120
WOE: moderate low carb; healthy food choices
Start Date: 05/27/2014 (this time, haha)
Yesterday was a down day for me. I did fine in the morning, but in the evening, I kept licking the spoon and tasting the dinner I was making for my kids. By the time I was serving dinner, I was so convinced that I would go way over calories if I ate anything, that I just had an almond milk hot chocolate, sweetened with Truvia.

Then, at 4 in the morning, I woke up, convinced that hubby must have forgotten to turn on the alarm (I was sure it was after 6, lol). I was just hungry! I couldn't sleep because I was too hungry! So, I got up at 4:30 and ate, lol.

I think I'm going to have a good UD today!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:50 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

I am happy to be back on DD. What I really need is an UD support thread

I am not doing well on UD. I am eating everything under the sun. It has been eye opening though to count those calories and see how much I am eating. Um,..no wonder I am overweight

I am going to have to make some UD changes. I will be pondering that today.

Dottie- awesome find. I am going to go get that! I have a Kroger around the corner. I bought some other broth thinking I would use it but it is 25 cals and doesn't seem worth it.
addict1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:45 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD, then JUDDD again
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
I'm back on DD too. Hope to do better this time. Although on my first DD I stayed under 500 (just) I was absolutely famished!! I'm going to try the smelling peppermint oil as per another thread. Hopefully this will help. If not.....in bed by 8:30 again!!!!
2muchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:37 AM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieKeren View Post
Yesterday was a down day for me. I did fine in the morning, but in the evening, I kept licking the spoon and tasting the dinner I was making for my kids. By the time I was serving dinner, I was so convinced that I would go way over calories if I ate anything, that I just had an almond milk hot chocolate, sweetened with Truvia.

Then, at 4 in the morning, I woke up, convinced that hubby must have forgotten to turn on the alarm (I was sure it was after 6, lol). I was just hungry! I couldn't sleep because I was too hungry! So, I got up at 4:30 and ate, lol.

I think I'm going to have a good UD today!
You just got an earlier start to your UD than most! Midnight is the start of the new day, after all
Old 10-27-2011, 07:31 AM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
"JUDDD is helping me decriminalize certain foods. I can eat anything that pleases me, the world continues to turn, and I don't have to eat it all the time or never again as if these were the only two options in life"...Rachelocity

OMG....

What an eye opening revelation those words hold for me!!!!!!!
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:38 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
Start Date: June 2013
Today is my first DD and so far it's fine, I'm limiting it at 500 but the website told me I need 411cal on my down days and I can't do that right now but I'll work towards it. The evening will be the hardest for me. But I'm already thinking about what I can eat tomorrow!!
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:49 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD, then JUDDD again
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
I was told (in type) 397 calories and I settled on 500 also. I know there are some people who only lower it to 600 and it seems to work for them. I guess it just depends on the person. I read on the JUDDD website to do 500. So, that's where I'm setting my DD calories.

Off to the grocery store now. Bye
2muchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #138

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
I am happy to be back on DD. What I really need is an UD support thread

I am not doing well on UD. I am eating everything under the sun. It has been eye opening though to count those calories and see how much I am eating. Um,..no wonder I am overweight

I am going to have to make some UD changes. I will be pondering that today.

Dottie- awesome find. I am going to go get that! I have a Kroger around the corner. I bought some other broth thinking I would use it but it is 25 cals and doesn't seem worth it.
Shelley, it will be a hassle, but I'll bet it will help you a lot to actually sit down and plan out your menu for a coming Up Day ahead of time.

I do this on my ****** site, and am able to give myself a little larger portion of this and cut back to a 1/4 cup serving instead of a 1/2 cup serving on something else... until I know ahead of time what I'm going to have for my meals, and in what amounts, right down to the amount of butter I'm going to spread on my dinner roll or melt into my baked potato!

I'm saying that I have a lot of food, and I include some of my favorites, and among my favorites are some higher carb foods, and I manage it all within my calorie allowance quite easily by planning it out.

And once it's planned out, you've done the work forever. Sometime in the future, you can just refer back to that menu and use it again.

And most of us find we don't have to go to this extreme all the time, but it's a good thing to do when you're trying to *get into* doing your Up Days well, which is a big step toward great JUDDD success.

This plan is so, so, so simple. The only thing it requires is adherence to the calorie ceilings. Other than that, we're pretty much free to eat however we want, of anything we want. But it's a mistake to take that freedom and think of it as complete freedom from having to do a bit of behind-the-scenes work with the calorie numbers.

I'll bet you get this tiny problem solved quickly and will be losing at record speed! And that makes it so much fun to contemplate the very near future!

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-27-2011 at 08:08 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
I'm finding DDs fairly easy now. THe mornings I get grumble-tummy, but when I start drinking coffee I'm fine. I get a bit of a headache around 11 ish. And lunch is always delicious, because it's seasoned with hunger!

My only trouble is evening. I have always tended to get irritable when I'm hungry, so much so that I have friends and family who will say "When did you eat last?" if I get sharpish. To avoid that, I self-medicate with more food. No wonder I weigh so much! I'm just trying to be pleasant, when the whole world is trying to pi** me off!

But on DDs, even after my dinner, I sometimes find I'm really more than annoyingly snappish with my family. I aim for 600 calories, and allow up to 700 for days when I catch myself being irritated at everything. That seems to help. I also try really hard to fill up on veggies in the evening, so I have something solid in my stomach. And I'm looking forward to receiving my gluc order, to see if it works as well for me as it has for some of you.

Some DDs have been a breeze. Others I'm fine until evening but then it's a struggle. I think it's going to take a while to get used to this.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Shelley, it will be a hassle, but I'll bet it will help you a lot to actually sit down and plan out your menu for a coming Up Day ahead of time.

I do this on my ****** site, and am able to give myself a little larger portion of this and cut back to a 1/4 cup serving instead of a 1/2 cup serving on something else... until I know ahead of time what I'm going to have for my meals, and in what amounts, right down to the amount of butter I'm going to spread on my dinner roll or melt into my baked potato!

I'm saying that I have a lot of food, and I include some of my favorites, and among my favorites are some higher carb foods, and I manage it all within my calorie allowance quite easily by planning it out.

And once it's planned out, you've done the work forever. Sometime in the future, you can just refer back to that menu and use it again.

And most of us find we don't have to go to this extreme all the time, but it's a good thing to do when you're trying to *get into* doing your Up Days well, which is a big step toward great JUDDD success.

This plan is so, so, so simple. The only thing it requires is adherence to the calorie ceilings. Other than that, we're pretty much free to eat however we want, of anything we want. But it's a mistake to take that freedom and think of it as complete freedom from having to do a bit of behind-the-scenes work with the calorie numbers.

I'll bet you get this tiny problem solved quickly and will be losing at record speed! And that makes it so much fun to contemplate the very near future!

This is exactly the conclusion I had come to...I just don't make good decisions on the fly (yet). I am going to be planning out my meals ahead of time and allow for only comparable substitutions.

Thanks Pat!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
I'm finding DDs fairly easy now. THe mornings I get grumble-tummy, but when I start drinking coffee I'm fine. I get a bit of a headache around 11 ish. And lunch is always delicious, because it's seasoned with hunger!

My only trouble is evening. I have always tended to get irritable when I'm hungry, so much so that I have friends and family who will say "When did you eat last?" if I get sharpish. To avoid that, I self-medicate with more food. No wonder I weigh so much! I'm just trying to be pleasant, when the whole world is trying to pi** me off!

But on DDs, even after my dinner, I sometimes find I'm really more than annoyingly snappish with my family. I aim for 600 calories, and allow up to 700 for days when I catch myself being irritated at everything. That seems to help. I also try really hard to fill up on veggies in the evening, so I have something solid in my stomach. And I'm looking forward to receiving my gluc order, to see if it works as well for me as it has for some of you.

Some DDs have been a breeze. Others I'm fine until evening but then it's a struggle. I think it's going to take a while to get used to this.
Have you checked out what I'm doing?
24hrUD/24hrDD experiment
Old 10-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

ugh..sick today

Dottie- I got that broth. I love Kroger ...they are much more LC and diet friendly than HEB

I also stocked up on Carbmaster yogurt, Swiss Miss and Torani syrups.

The broth hit the spot. I am sick today UGh...just run of the mill cold...but it really helped because I wanted something warm but not sweet.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #143

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Oh Warm Broth is just the thing with you are sick. Miso Soup with hondashi (fish bouillion )is one of my favorites cause it s more than just salty water.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Oh Warm Broth is just the thing with you are sick. Miso Soup with hondashi (fish bouillion )is one of my favorites cause it s more than just salty water.
Thank you for reminding me about miso!!!

It's so perfect for DDs...
I made some bone broth a few days ago...
it was so delicious, it was really all I wanted on my DD!
Just sipping cup after cup of salty goodness!

I'll have to look for hondashi next time I'm at the Asian market.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #145
Administrator

Shelley with this front moving through my allergies are off the charts. Going to be a broth down day tomorrow I think.
I was surprised at how good that stock was. Most of the lower sodium ones really are lacking flavor -that one was, I thought, really good!
Old 10-27-2011, 03:00 PM   #146
Blabbermouth!!!

I remembered to look for that beef broth and found it at Kroger a little bit ago. Wow, 5 calories, awesome! Thanks for the heads up about this!

I also restocked my supply of Amy's vegetable soups and got a couple Lite Progresso soups. Someone had the idea of cutting up a low fat hotdog in the Amy's soup, and I did that the other day - made it more filling

I also am ready with broccoli & cauliflower florets, baby carrots, Carbmaster yogurt, and a "ready to go" stir fry reduced on Manager's special. It has asparagus, mushrooms, onion. Got some ground turkey at Walmart. I forget what else. I'm gonna eat like a Queen on my DD tomorrow!
Old 10-27-2011, 03:18 PM   #147
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majella View Post
Today is my first DD and so far it's fine, I'm limiting it at 500 but the website told me I need 411cal on my down days and I can't do that right now but I'll work towards it. The evening will be the hardest for me. But I'm already thinking about what I can eat tomorrow!!
How are you doing this evening?
Old 10-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sissiesue
Stats: 173/129/129
Start Date: September 27, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Thank you for reminding me about miso!!!

It's so perfect for DDs...
I made some bone broth a few days ago...
it was so delicious, it was really all I wanted on my DD!
Just sipping cup after cup of salty goodness!

I'll have to look for hondashi next time I'm at the Asian market.
Oh yeah! I've got some in the back of the fridge. I'm totally using it tomorrow! Might even get an extra container for the fridge at work.
Sissiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
I make chicken bone broth every other week or so in my crockpot. I heat up a cup in the microwave, stir in a tablespoon of miso paste (from the Asian market), top with a glug of hot sauce, and put it in a pre-heated Thermos. It's my lunch drink. Very satisfying and yummy.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #150
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, I also picked up some low calorie pudding - vanilla & chocolate! Mmm.