Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Rather than an atkins shake...why not try oatmeal?
Sohappy inspired me to try it...after all those months low carb, I was almost scared of it...
I can have a 1/4 cup oatmeal, made with a 1/4 cup almond or soya milk, a 1/4 cup of water, plus some waldens farms or davincis caramel syrup, and dash of cinnamon.
Mixed well and microved, it makes a creamy filling bowlful. For about 100 cals!
Add a tsp of physillum or glucomannan, and it is even more filling!
My new fav snack!

hugs
Jo
x
Ha! I'll definitely be having another bowl of oatmeal tomorrow for my DD! I love it too.

I was just talking earlier on some thread about my mom (and grandma too) wanting kids to eat something that would "stick to their ribs".. so they wouldn't get hungry again before lunchtime.

Oatmeal sticks to my ribs. It will keep me full and satisfied for ages.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Have a good DD tomorrow Sohappy! Its a DD for me too...will be thinking of you as I eat my oatmeal! (or porridge...as we call it here!)

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Have a good DD tomorrow Sohappy! Its a DD for me too...will be thinking of you as I eat my oatmeal! (or porridge...as we call it here!)

hugs
Jo
x
Jo, what is pease porridge? Is it just a kind of pea soup?
Old 10-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmarie
WOE: low carb
I feel SO much better after eating the salmon muffins. Yummy! For my remaining DD calories, I am eating 2 7 oz packages of zero calorie shiritaki noodles well rinsed and sauteed in one T butter with some hot sauce mixed in. Very filling! 100 calories for the butter.

Jo, I am kinda scared of the carbs in oatmeal! I want to adjust to this WOE first, but I do plan on eating more carbs on UDs eventually. I do have almond milk and davincis syrup. I am so glad to see that you have been successful with JUDDD.

I am so hoping that this works for me. Thanks for the support.

Kim
kimmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #95

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
I must be weird cause the shakes are great for me. they can keep me as long as a low calorie freezer diet meal can and is less of a tease because I can nurse it for a while as opposed the the tease of a half a cup of food for the same calories. I loved the OLD atkins shake, hate the new packaging and flavor and the Slimfast Low Carb shakes are Passable for flavor but just barely.

I would usually have a cool but not cold shake, and nurse it for about 5-10 minutes followed by a lot of cold water to wash the flavor out of my mouth, maybe the extra water is what makes it work for me. I always seem thirsty for cold water after the shakes.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
One last post before bed. Definitely felt some hunger tonight.

It didn't kill me though

I drank some Yogi brand healthy fasting tea. It does help quite a bit. Zero cals and it has a nice taste to it..I don't even add sweetener.

The taste is good but for some reason it makes you not want to eat.

You all might want to pick some up for your DD bag of tricks.

Best wishes
Shelley
addict1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
today's a hard one for some reason! i think maybe because i didn't get enough protein? i've been tired of tuna lately, so had one of my leftover slimfasts from the 2 week induction phase instead of my reg DD salad with tuna. i thought for sure i was gonna cave and eat something before bed, and while i was upstairs making my yogi bedtime tea (yum yum YUM) i did. i ate...an 1/8th of a beet (<3 beets) and half a pickle. Whew. Did not blow it. Still in way reasonable DD territory. whew! now i'm in bed with my tea and will definitely make it. woohoo!
avecrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by avecrain View Post
today's a hard one for some reason! i think maybe because i didn't get enough protein? i've been tired of tuna lately, so had one of my leftover slimfasts from the 2 week induction phase instead of my reg DD salad with tuna. i thought for sure i was gonna cave and eat something before bed, and while i was upstairs making my yogi bedtime tea (yum yum YUM) i did. i ate...an 1/8th of a beet (<3 beets) and half a pickle. Whew. Did not blow it. Still in way reasonable DD territory. whew! now i'm in bed with my tea and will definitely make it. woohoo!
And somewhere in your loss of the next pound is going to be this particular day that you didn't blow! So when you see that loss show up on your scale, remember back to this day and know that you did what it took, and in exchange, this day did something good for your weight loss.

Enjoy your UD tomorrow! Yay!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Ha! I'll definitely be having another bowl of oatmeal tomorrow for my DD! I love it too.

I was just talking earlier on some thread about my mom (and grandma too) wanting kids to eat something that would "stick to their ribs".. so they wouldn't get hungry again before lunchtime.

Oatmeal sticks to my ribs. It will keep me full and satisfied for ages.
I bought Oatmeal today just for my DD tomorrow. I try to hold off until I get hungry before I eat because I think for me evenings are my worst for hunger. Thank you for telling us about oatmeal, Im looking forward to it.
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmarie View Post
I am kinda scared of the carbs in oatmeal!
I know what you mean! I haven't tried it yet (because I hate oatmeal anyway)
but I have heard/read that soaking your grains makes them easier to digest and affects blood sugar less, or at least more slowly.
The night before: just measure them into a bowl, mix with water, and leave at room temperature until ready to cook.

In Eat Fat, Lose Fat (Enig, Fallon), they recommend adding 2 tablespoons yogurt or whey to the soaking process.
I keep having a cup of tea or broth and thinking,
"I feel full now; I'll be okay for a couple of hours"
and getting hungry 15-30 minutes later.
I made some psyllium crackers and thought those would keep me full...nope...
also, I was being "creative" and put a tablespoon of sesame seeds in,
only to find out later that's 50 calories so I don't want to eat the whole batch!!!

For the last couple days I've been thinking about the "Shangri-La Diet" trick,
where you smell something (but don't eat anything) to subdue your appetite.
Then I read Dottie's post about peppermint oil.
So I soaked a cotton ball in that and put it in one of my empty glucose test strip vials,
and I am inhaling...repeatedly...lol!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Jo, what is pease porridge? Is it just a kind of pea soup?
pease porridge is the old fashioned name for pease pudding!

It is a speciallity in my little corner of England! Its made from garlic, onion and split yellow peas, with salt and pepper.

You soak the peas till soft, cook with the other ingredients and blend till a kind of soft, peanut butter texture.

In the north east of England, a "ham and pease pudding" sandwich is as common as peanut butter and jelly in the US!

All the butchers sell it, as do, the supermarkets.

I quite like it...but havent had it for years! I am Scottish...and had never even heard of it before I moved to England....porridge was always just oats to me!

I LOVE pea soup though...every time you mention a food, I seem to get a craving for it....

Hugs
jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #102

LOL I know.. there's a whole WORLD of fabulous food out there! I want to taste it all! (Well, on my Up Days.)
Old 10-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

well, so much for being afraid of the carbs in oatmeal....I just ate a bagel with 38 net carbs in it. Brings my net carbs for the day to about 60, and calories for the day to almost 2200. I almost feel guilty
Old 10-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

I went to the store and bought Hebrew National FF hotdogs, southwestern egg beaters, low fat cheese, diet swiss miss and veggies. Ready for DD number 3 tomorrow! May have to make some chocolate pudding with the swiss miss and gluc powder.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #105

Sounds like a great big delightful Up Day!

What kind of a bagel did you eat? We go up to Brueggers Bagels occasionally, and I love, love, love their raisin bagel with honey walnut cream cheese spread. This makes me think I might have to work one of those into an UD here shortly. LOL
Old 10-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Pat, I wish it was a Brueggers bagel....it was just a Lender's egg bagel. Have them because DS 13 loves them.

I really love asiago cheese bagels and cinnamon crunch bagels from Panera Bread. Sigh...haven't had one in a long time. I think I remember reading they are about 600 calories a piece.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmarie View Post
Pat, I wish it was a Brueggers bagel....it was just a Lender's egg bagel. Have them because DS 13 loves them.

I really love asiago cheese bagels and cinnamon crunch bagels from Panera Bread. Sigh...haven't had one in a long time. I think I remember reading they are about 600 calories a piece.
I just look those two up. The cinnamon crunch bagel has 410 calories, but the asiago cheese one is only 350 calories. And those are big bagels! With cream cheese on them it will add more calories too, but still... not too bad for the occasional UD breakfast. Easy enough to have a filling but modest lunch and then plenty of calories left for a good supper and still stay within range on an Up Day!

I'm still hungering after that Brueggers raisin bagel with honey walnut cream cheese though.....
Old 10-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
I didn't have too bad of a DD. My calorie total ended up at 550. That's 50 more than I would have liked, but school work is stressing me out- I just *had* to have those two cups of diet cocoa to end the evening with!
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #109
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lcklass
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
I know of a shake that counts as a meal both calorically and fillingly

Bobo's Pumpkin Thick Shake, seriously!!!

6% carbs, 11% Protein, . . . .83% FAT!! and One could add protein powder to increase the protein if one so desired.... It's a luscious filling treat that leaves you feeling full for a long while.
OMG, this sounds heavenly! I can have that tomorrow before my workout, with a scoop of protein powder. I am apparently in the minority, I like having shakes in the morning. Although I am used to adding a little H&H to mine, which I had to forgo this morning on my first DD (put the cream in my coffee instead, lol). I am a big believer in breaking the fast in the morning with protein, and I don't think anyone will ever convince me otherwise lol And since I get 27g protein with my shake for 130 calories, it's a lotta bang for the buck, so to say

Anyway, day one DD ... I did ok - I didn't think 500 cal would be so hard, but it was. I ended up being really hungry around 4pm (which has always been a bad time for me, even with LC) and ended up eating a slice of cheese with a cup of SF hot apple cider. So that put me at 637 cal for the day. I'm going to be out of town on Wed, my next DD - so I think being busy will help distract me from my hunger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bonnie
lcklass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcklass View Post
OMG, this sounds heavenly! I can have that tomorrow before my workout, with a scoop of protein powder. I am apparently in the minority, I like having shakes in the morning. Although I am used to adding a little H&H to mine, which I had to forgo this morning on my first DD (put the cream in my coffee instead, lol). I am a big believer in breaking the fast in the morning with protein, and I don't think anyone will ever convince me otherwise lol And since I get 27g protein with my shake for 130 calories, it's a lotta bang for the buck, so to say

Anyway, day one DD ... I did ok - I didn't think 500 cal would be so hard, but it was. I ended up being really hungry around 4pm (which has always been a bad time for me, even with LC) and ended up eating a slice of cheese with a cup of SF hot apple cider. So that put me at 637 cal for the day. I'm going to be out of town on Wed, my next DD - so I think being busy will help distract me from my hunger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bonnie
Sounds to me like a great calorie number for a first DD - good job!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:16 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all you DD peeps!

I am so excited today....If I can lose one more lb then I will reach a big milestone. Today could be the day

Also today is my 13 yr old daughter's first DD. Lunch will be a challenge cuz this age is so weird and no one wants to be eating "gross" food...

so those of you who pray....please life her up. I am convinced this will be a great lifestyle for her. She is such a sweet, smart and responsible girl. I really want weight to be something that she has in the bag by the time she grows up. I don't want to send her away with bad habits and lack of self control.

Thanks! Good luck everyone
Old 10-25-2011, 06:33 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/136/135, 53 yo
WOE: Paleo/Whole30
Start Date: 12/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
On DD number two.

My dilemma: I am very very used to hwc in my coffee. It is my favorite part of lc. I am quite addicted to the ritual and the caffeine.
Oh, this sounds familiar! For my first cup of coffee on DD, I add 1 T of heavy cream (50 cals). Then I have 2 more cups as the day goes on, but to them I add 2 T of Land O'Lakes fat-free half-and-half, which has 20 cals. (Sometimes I'll add 1/4 t of real vanilla extract, 3 cals). It's not as nasty as it sounds (and it's a great motivation for me to hurry up and lose my last 3 lbs, so I can go back to real food. I hate eating substitutes, but when I tried having my 3 mugs of coffee with heavy cream, they used up 150 of my DD cals, which didn't leave enough for actual food).
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LaurieKeren
Stats: 198.6/191.4/120
WOE: moderate low carb; healthy food choices
Start Date: 05/27/2014 (this time, haha)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiva View Post
Oh, this sounds familiar! For my first cup of coffee on DD, I add 1 T of heavy cream (50 cals). Then I have 2 more cups as the day goes on, but to them I add 2 T of Land O'Lakes fat-free half-and-half, which has 20 cals. (Sometimes I'll add 1/4 t of real vanilla extract, 3 cals). It's not as nasty as it sounds (and it's a great motivation for me to hurry up and lose my last 3 lbs, so I can go back to real food. I hate eating substitutes, but when I tried having my 3 mugs of coffee with heavy cream, they used up 150 of my DD cals, which didn't leave enough for actual food).
I love (LOVE!) cream in my coffee (lots of it, lol). But, yesterday, for my down day, I made a cup of strong coffee (New Orleans chicory coffee, which is very strong), and added a cup of Almond Breeze milk (I also added a tsp of cream, lol, but this could probably be left out). The flavor was pretty darn good. Almond milk has a cookie like flavor to me, and even though the coffee didn't have that lingering creaminess on the tongue, I really liked it.

It worked for me! 40 cals for a cup of Almond Breeze.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
How about:
Heat up a cup of milk and add a spoonful of instant coffee or a shot of espresso.

This might be a sort of Latino thing (I learned it from a Latino, anyway,
and it's sort of like Colombian coffee--1/2 or 2/3 hot milk with very strong coffee; so yummy!)

I bought a container of fat free half and half for DDs but I'm finding it so unsatisfying, I skip coffee on DDs and just have it (with real cream!), on UDs.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

My final solution is 1/4 cup of almond milk and 3 tbsp of International Delight SF...plus additional sweetener.

It is very creamy. I realized I was using a ton of HWC

I use a ton of creamer. This solution is 80 calories.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laceymichelle
Stats: 150/127/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 12
Big test tonight

So this is my 1st week of Judd and today is a DD. I have a huge test tonight that I'm trying to study for and it is really hard on an empty stomach. Yest for my UD I only did around 1150 Cals and now I'm regretting that. Anyway, just needed to vent a little I know now not to lower Cals on ud. I didnt really do it intentionally just didn't need 1800
laceymichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceymichelle View Post
So this is my 1st week of Judd and today is a DD. I have a huge test tonight that I'm trying to study for and it is really hard on an empty stomach. Yest for my UD I only did around 1150 Cals and now I'm regretting that. Anyway, just needed to vent a little I know now not to lower Cals on ud. I didnt really do it intentionally just didn't need 1800
I'm sorry. Do the best you can, and keep telling yourself you can eat like a queen tomorrow.

I think one of the biggest mistakes folks sometimes make is to underestimate the value of eating their Up Day calories. We're so used to thinking that lower is better, that we come to think if we can do without some on UDs too, it will only be better.

But it's usually worse, and works against our success.

All those UD calories help fuel you for a strong and successful DD, without a whole lot of white knuckle hours to fight through. The one thing that folks anticipate and dread is how hard DDs will be - hunger - but they shouldn't be that bad if you fuel up for them, and then once you learn what foods to eat to keep you feeling full and satisfied. LOL

Lowering your UD calories tends to stimulate your metabolism to slow down! Not what you want. Keep pumping those UD calories into it, so as to prove to it there is no need to slow down!

And we get so little nutrient on our DDs, that it's important to feed yourself well on your UDs, just to cover your nutritional bases. If you skimp then too.. well, it's not good.

Take good care of yourself, and follow your JUDDD calorie guidelines to success.

And if this first DD gets too tough, you can always eat just a bit more this time and then resolve to do better next time. Good luck.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Feeling a little low tonight. Some hunger...but I am starting to worry that I won't be down tomorrow after having such a good down day. I am having a few thoughts of "just go eat..it wont' matter"....

but I will not give in. It is the consistency of any plan that makes it work. No quitting for me! ...regardless of the scale tomorrow.

Part of the problem is that I am tired...and I was working all evening with a very thin woman...I feel so dumpy in comparison.

It is all relative though..tomorrow is a new day...and it is an UP day! YAY
Old 10-25-2011, 08:28 PM   #119
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
Feeling a little low tonight. Some hunger...but I am starting to worry that I won't be down tomorrow after having such a good down day. I am having a few thoughts of "just go eat..it wont' matter"....

but I will not give in. Good for you for NOT eating!! It is the consistency of any plan that makes it work. No quitting for me! ...regardless of the scale tomorrow. YES, YES AND YES AGAIN!!

Part of the problem is that I am tired...and I was working all evening with a very thin woman...I feel so dumpy in comparison. BUT, she may have many other problems that you couldn't ever imagine wanting in your life and dumpy is just a word, nothing more and it's NOT you!!

It is all relative though..tomorrow is a new day...and it is an UP day! YAY
And NOW you got it and am JUDDD!!!

You're amazing, and don't EVER forget that!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:05 AM   #120
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Had a good DD yesterday. That's it for me on JUDDD till after surgery/recovery! But heck I did it! The scale just didn't cooperate with me! Booo sissssss! Oh well, life goes on!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote