Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 06:25 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
Veggies!!! Lots of Veggies!!!

I can eat whole heads of cabbages, cauli, lettuces, carrots...the list goes on and on.. I think of all the wonderful vitamins, minerals(and erm, fiber)

I'm kinda testing out 'veggie fasts,' on my DDs. I VEGGIES!!!

betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #62
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Morning ladies. Not sure where to post this cuz I don't see a JUDDD thread for October?

But my doc said I could go back to doing JUDDD after my surgery and radiation.

Between you and me, I'm going to start today. Shhhh! Don't tell!

So today is my first DD and since it's Friday, I'm going to do a fasting Friday and meatless (for religious reasons). Say prayers for me! When I first started JUDDDing, the DDs were hard!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Morning ladies. Not sure where to post this cuz I don't see a JUDDD thread for October?

So today is my first DD and since it's Friday, I'm going to do a fasting Friday and meatless (for religious reasons). Say prayers for me! When I first started JUDDDing, the DDs were hard!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #64

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:

Pooti, I am so excited and so happy to hear you are coming back to join us that I'm almost in tears! And I'm not kidding!

I know you are going to do wonderfully well with your surgery and your radiation treatments, and I have a proud feeling for you about what you've already faced and got through. And I'm convinced that JUDDD is very, very healthy in the fight against cancer! So that has me excited about you being here too.

OH.. and I was going to mention that since we have this whole entire JUDDD Forum to ourselves, we don't have to have a single monthly discussion thread for each new month. Instead, we get to discuss our various thoughts and concerns, etc. on specific threads for the purpose, so it's more like the Main Lobby in that the conversations are ongoing as long as there is still anyone continuing that subject, and then new ones pop up as we start new discussion subjects, etc.

But our WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: How are you Doing today? thread is ongoing, so that's sort of general daily reports, etc.

Well, excited you're here! And feel free to discuss anything, 'cause we talk about our foods and our menus and our meals and our drinks and our UDs and our DDs and it's a lot of fun here! You'll fit right in!!!!!

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-21-2011 at 08:32 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:35 AM   #65
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:

Oh Poot! It's so GOOD to see you here again with us! You are in my everyday for a good surgery and speedy recovery, and the bottom line is you need to take care of YOU right now, in whatever way that works! And will have you in another for an easier DD then usual!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
It seems like there is so much excitement. What a wonderful way to diet.

Today is my first DD
Just got home from shopping and these are some of the gems I got:

Hebrew National FF dogs
spray butter
Amy's organic veggie soup 120 calories for 2 cups
Walden farms creamy italian 0 cal dressing? May play around with adding some to the soup
My favorite find I think is precooked frozen egg white in rounds 20 cal each!
Laughing Cow FF cheese

I am so excited for lunch!
Soup and salad with Walden Farms dressing
celery with Laughing cow cheese
and maybe more up to my calorie limit.

( I feel like I am am back in college during my fat free days. I wish I was a fat as I thought I was then! LOL)

I do IF so I think I will stick with that pattern and fill up on low cal foods in one meal.

I am still in the "OH Please God, let this work" stage
addict1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Struggling today..it is my 3rd DD since starting on Monday and I am so incredibly hungry. Even after having something I am satisfied for a little bit but then SOO hungry again. It is 4pm and I only have 60 calories left to get to my 500 a day but I think I may push it to 600 today. Also my son wants to go see a play at the high school tonight and I am sure there will be snacks and popcorn flowing. Gonna go look up the calorie count on popcorn without butter and maybe bring a bag so I don't go crazy.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
Struggling today..it is my 3rd DD since starting on Monday and I am so incredibly hungry. Even after having something I am satisfied for a little bit but then SOO hungry again. It is 4pm and I only have 60 calories left to get to my 500 a day but I think I may push it to 600 today. Also my son wants to go see a play at the high school tonight and I am sure there will be snacks and popcorn flowing. Gonna go look up the calorie count on popcorn without butter and maybe bring a bag so I don't go crazy.
Aw, I know what you are going through!! If you need to eat a little more, do it. It won't hurt, and you are just getting into the swing of things anyway. I didn't get down to a 500 cal day until about my 5th DD, just to give you a little perspective. And by that time it felt "easier" because I'd eased into the low DD. Hope you're OK.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Aw, I know what you are going through!! If you need to eat a little more, do it. It won't hurt, and you are just getting into the swing of things anyway. I didn't get down to a 500 cal day until about my 5th DD, just to give you a little perspective. And by that time it felt "easier" because I'd eased into the low DD. Hope you're OK.
thanks i had no problem doing 500 the first two DDs but form some reason I am way hungrier. Looking at my diary I am eating pretty much the same thing I did two days ago.

I just planned out a double portion of my zucchini/tomatoe stew/soup for dinner, just need to hold out for another hour or so.

gulping down my water to keep the hungries away
Old 10-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, but eat a little more if you have to.

Also, make sure you're getting UP to those calories you need on your UD. It's so important so eat, eat, eat those calories on UD - don't be stingy thinking you are doing yourself a favor by holding back on UD. Not saying you are, just a friendly reminder to EAT on those UD cause it seems to help with the DD. There's a post by Beeb if you haven't read it already called "You gotta Eat!".

Let us know how the rest of your evening goes!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OK, but eat a little more if you have to.

Also, make sure you're getting UP to those calories you need on your UD. It's so important so eat, eat, eat those calories on UD - don't be stingy thinking you are doing yourself a favor by holding back on UD. Not saying you are, just a friendly reminder to EAT on those UD cause it seems to help with the DD. There's a post by Beeb if you haven't read it already called "You gotta Eat!".

Let us know how the rest of your evening goes!
Thanks I made sure to eat up on my UD and didn't reserve anything. I guess I am just hungrier today. I just have to make it a few more hours and then tomorrow I can eat. Gonna try to do something to take my mind off of the hunger.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
By the end of an UD, I am welcoming the thought of a DD ahead to "lighten" and refresh my palate of all the UD foods (and lighten me in the process hopefully!) as well as the CR benefits.

And by the end of the DD, I love the idea of going to sleep and waking up able to eat ANYTHING again

EXACTLY how I feel too!
Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

I have been thinking about why I was so much hungrier today then I was the last two DD's and I think it may have been that i had a little to much sugar and carbs. I think tomorrow I am going to go for a lower carb day, not very low carb, by try to stick to around 60 or 70 carbs. I am doing a medium calorie day also. Has anyone else noticed this? to much sugar or carbs on your UD making you extra hungry on your DD??
Old 10-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Carbs definitely make me feel hungrier...especially the junkier ones. I did fine yesterday on all veggie based carbs for my DD..

but my UD before that (my fist one) was really a binge day because I started off with a high sugar bready type item and just couldn't control things all day.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:24 AM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have been thinking about why I was so much hungrier today then I was the last two DD's and I think it may have been that i had a little to much sugar and carbs. I think tomorrow I am going to go for a lower carb day, not very low carb, by try to stick to around 60 or 70 carbs. I am doing a medium calorie day also. Has anyone else noticed this? to much sugar or carbs on your UD making you extra hungry on your DD??
I have not noticed this. I had my lowest, most comfortable DD yet after my highest junky carb UD yet.

But that doesn't mean it isn't true for you. I hope sticking to the lower carb helps you out.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
I noticed this on my MD yesterday (Friday). On my UD Thursday, I let myself have 3/4 of a Heath bar cookie my sister made (because, I could!). I'm pretty sure as a direct result of that, I was much hungrier the next day. It's okay though; once in a while a little "real" treat is totally worth it
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #77

You know the saying: To Thine Own Self Be True.

You can either do it, or you can't. Well, I think the longer you do JUDDD the more *normal* this response is, the more normalized you become, so then it's probably a whole lot easier to eat some of the grain/sugar type carbs and not have any particular responses to them in this way.

But if you didn't respond well to them on whatever previous diet plan you were on, just starting out on JUDDD isn't going to have changed that for you. Maybe someday, but not right off the bat.

And some find that they can increase their carbs some.. and welcome that, but have to be careful about what those carbs are from. So adding in an apple. Good. Adding in a slice of apple pie. Not good. Having a bit of oatmeal. Good. Having an oatmeal cookie. Not good.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
It seems like there is so much excitement. What a wonderful way to diet.

Today is my first DD
Just got home from shopping and these are some of the gems I got:

Hebrew National FF dogs
spray butter
Amy's organic veggie soup 120 calories for 2 cups
Walden farms creamy italian 0 cal dressing? May play around with adding some to the soup
My favorite find I think is precooked frozen egg white in rounds 20 cal each!
Laughing Cow FF cheese

I am so excited for lunch!
Soup and salad with Walden Farms dressing
celery with Laughing cow cheese
and maybe more up to my calorie limit.

( I feel like I am am back in college during my fat free days. I wish I was a fat as I thought I was then! LOL)

I do IF so I think I will stick with that pattern and fill up on low cal foods in one meal.

I am still in the "OH Please God, let this work" stage
You gave me some inspiration when I was at the grocery store. Just got back a little while ago and am having my first DD meal of the day at 3 p.m.

I got some of that Amy's vegetable soup, low fat hotdogs (wasn't HN, another kind was on sale for a little less), and Weight Watchers version of lite laughing cow (again, was cheaper).

How did your DD go?
Old 10-22-2011, 02:06 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
I also made a trip to the grocery store today. I picked up hotdogs (45 cals each), spinach, a can of pumpkin, and more shirataki noodles
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #80

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Heads up for frugal shoppers.

Laughing cow Vs Weight Watchers cheese wedges. Make sure to look not only at the final price but at the price per measure. I saw that WW cheese was $2.49, and the LC was 3.49, but I also saw that the WW only had 4 oz where the LC had 6oz.

The Laughing Cow cheese cost more for the package but it costs less per ounce because there is more cheese in that package than in the Weight watchers.

And the WW cheese was 30 calories for 19g of cheese and the LC was 35 calories, but the cheese wedge is 21g, a bit more cheese therefor a bit more calories, but comparable.

just a head's up.

ETA: Oh yeah, and the Oscar Mayor Honey Turkey whatnot for 50Kcal for 51g(6slices), the Oven Baked Turkey slices are 45Kcal for 51g(6slices)

And Hebrew National Vs Oscar Mayor Fat Free Dogs. Both have 40Kcal, Both have 3 carb and HN has 6g of protein where OM has 5g of protein. but Hebrew National is all beef and OM is turkey and has one more dog per package sealed in two 4-packs and is slightly cheaper per dog.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 10-22-2011 at 11:02 PM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:34 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

On DD number two.

My last one was very successful and dare I say easy?

Just eating one meal mid day is the trick for me. I was already used to IF.

My dilemma: I am very very used to hwc in my coffee. It is my favorite part of lc. I am quite addicted to the ritual and the caffeine.

Just tried the 10 calorie coconut based creamer So Delicious brand. It is drinkable but so far not enjoyable.

Should I use my calories today for one real cup of coffee or stick with two cups with low cal sweetener. Decisions decisions!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:14 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Coffee solution!

The So Delicious Coconut creamer was not cutting it. I really like blonde coffee. Very creamy, very sweet! soooo.

Tried to measure out HWC at 100 calories only. LOL ...not even a dent. I must use a ton of HWC...I guess I just drink warm coffee icecream for breakfast. LOL

Here is what I came up with that works. I may even use it for my UD. It is not quite as good as tons of HWC, but like I said the calorie drop makes it totally worth the switch

1/2 cup almond milk (20 cal)
3 TBSP SF International Delight creamer (60 cal)
additional sweetener to taste (I use 20 drops liquid sweet and low)

So my goal was 100 calories for one delicious much needed morning coffee. Came in at 80 May try going to only 2 TBSP ID creamer to drop 20 calories on next DD. If I can get it down to 50 cals then I can have 2 cups!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:15 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
On DD number two.

My last one was very successful and dare I say easy?

Just eating one meal mid day is the trick for me. I was already used to IF.

My dilemma: I am very very used to hwc in my coffee. It is my favorite part of lc. I am quite addicted to the ritual and the caffeine.

Just tried the 10 calorie coconut based creamer So Delicious brand. It is drinkable but so far not enjoyable.

Should I use my calories today for one real cup of coffee or stick with two cups with low cal sweetener. Decisions decisions!
This made me laugh because *The Pleasure of Our Coffee* seems to be a big thing for a lot of us.

I used to drink my coffee black. Hated its taste if it had been creamed. Gak!

DH uses ALDI half & half in his coffee... says that's the best brand of half & half he's ever tasted in his life! (He's 77) So, gradually I tried some cream in my coffee. And really got to like it!

So these days, I make the sacrifice and drink it black on DDs to save the calories, and I enjoy it my new favorite way, with half & half, on my UDs.

Good luck on DD Number Two! You're on your way. Prepare to Shrink!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:38 AM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Addict,

This is great! Love it that we are all coming up with ways to adjust for DD and get the most bang for our (calorie) buck.

I like my coffee black and was putting cream in it on UD just to make sure I got in plenty of calories, but now I think I'll leave it out (save myself at least 200 calories!) for something I like better.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:40 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Heads up for frugal shoppers.

Laughing cow Vs Weight Watchers cheese wedges. Make sure to look not only at the final price but at the price per measure. I saw that WW cheese was $2.49, and the LC was 3.49, but I also saw that the WW only had 4 oz where the LC had 6oz.

The Laughing Cow cheese cost more for the package but it costs less per ounce because there is more cheese in that package than in the Weight watchers.

And the WW cheese was 30 calories for 19g of cheese and the LC was 35 calories, but the cheese wedge is 21g, a bit more cheese therefor a bit more calories, but comparable.

just a head's up.

ETA: Oh yeah, and the Oscar Mayor Honey Turkey whatnot for 50Kcal for 51g(6slices), the Oven Baked Turkey slices are 45Kcal for 51g(6slices)

And Hebrew National Vs Oscar Mayor Fat Free Dogs. Both have 40Kcal, Both have 3 carb and HN has 6g of protein where OM has 5g of protein. but Hebrew National is all beef and OM is turkey and has one more dog per package sealed in two 4-packs and is slightly cheaper per dog.
Thanks Metqa, for the heads up. I didn't notice that about WW vs. LC cheese, but I did compare the HN vs OM hot dogs.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmarie
Stats: 325/293.8/150
WOE: low carb
I am on my 2nd DD and am a little shaky and have a headache. Have not checked my BS yet, but I don't feel too low, just hungry. I have had 3 T of half and half in my coffee and an atkins shake. I don't think the shakes are going to cut it for me. I have some salmon muffins in the oven. Will be having 2 of those when they are done for 109 calories a piece. That will bring me to a total of 418 calories for the day. Then maybe a few veggies and broth later to get up to 500 or so. On my first DD I fasted until dinner (except coffee with half and half) and felt much better. It's almost like the 160 calories in the shake is a tease and gets my body wanting more food. I dunno. But I am determined to make this work as I refuse to give up and regain all the weight I lost. I guess I will have to experiment with what works best and check out some of the DD recipes.

Kim
kimmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #87

Kim, many of us don't find the shakes very satisfying and not very filling. They don't last. Or as grandma used to say.. They don't stick to the ribs!

I don't expect to be stuffed on DD foods, but I don't want to be unduly hungry either. I know you will collect a nice little variety of the foods you will come to know are dependable to fill you and hold you on DDs.

The salmon muffins sound good and filling though. Good luck!
Old 10-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #88
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
I'm with SoHappy. Shakes do not cut it for me. In fact, even the low glycemic ones cause a rise in blood sugar over time for me. I once tried doing just shakes for a week and my blood sugar went up about 20 points!

I think it may be the insulin promoting part in whey protein that does it?

I'm a chewer. I MUST chew! So give me food! LOL.

But I'm also with you. I think I do better fasting til my evening meal. Today is my second DD and today I'm trying to see if spacing my food out works. I've tried it before but was always more hungry and fixated on the next meal...and it's just the same today. Even though I have perfectly lovely food. I am looking for the next food fix.

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

I am also of the opinion that shakes don't offer enough for their calories.
Also, how many calories is in half and half?

I have gotten my down day coffee to 80 calories for a very creamy cup. Creamy is important to me...

I eat a veggie soup that is very filling. That is the key for me lots of veggies and a little protein

So I came in this evening and my husband was cooking something up...I rushed to the bedroom to take a bath and psych.myself up to stay strong. I was thinking what could be the most tempting thing? Was it pizza that he was making or fried shrimp...I convinced myself that i could just have it tomorrow no matter what it was.

It was gumbo. No temptation there.

Another DD under my belt. Going to go get some hot choc here in a minute
Old 10-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmarie View Post
I am on my 2nd DD and am a little shaky and have a headache. Have not checked my BS yet, but I don't feel too low, just hungry. I have had 3 T of half and half in my coffee and an atkins shake. I don't think the shakes are going to cut it for me. I have some salmon muffins in the oven. Will be having 2 of those when they are done for 109 calories a piece. That will bring me to a total of 418 calories for the day. Then maybe a few veggies and broth later to get up to 500 or so. On my first DD I fasted until dinner (except coffee with half and half) and felt much better. It's almost like the 160 calories in the shake is a tease and gets my body wanting more food. I dunno. But I am determined to make this work as I refuse to give up and regain all the weight I lost. I guess I will have to experiment with what works best and check out some of the DD recipes.
Rather than an atkins shake...why not try oatmeal?
Sohappy inspired me to try it...after all those months low carb, I was almost scared of it...
I can have a 1/4 cup oatmeal, made with a 1/4 cup almond or soya milk, a 1/4 cup of water, plus some waldens farms or davincis caramel syrup, and dash of cinnamon.
Mixed well and microved, it makes a creamy filling bowlful. For about 100 cals!
Add a tsp of physillum or glucomannan, and it is even more filling!
My new fav snack!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote