Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #31
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
sent you a request on ***, a few of my local friends were using it so i switched from ********* over to it. so far i am liking it.
Was there a reason why you decided to switch? I like fat secret but haven't tried *** and was wondering what you are finding better?

Thanks, Kris!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post
Woo hoo! Made it through DD number one at 622 cals! I let myself have a 100 calorie 'allowance' over the 500 since it was the first day and I didn't want to get really hungry at night. But it wasn't so bad! Can't wait to see what the scale says tomorrow!
Can't wait to see, either!
Old 10-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post

Your menu looks great, btw. I really need to get more veg in on my DDs like you are. Must plan that better. I am also on My Fitness Pal...love it!! It's my most-used app, by far! Feel free to friend me, too. My screen name is the same as here at LCF.
Sent you a request. I actually deviated from that menu, got to busy for breakfast, then decided to nix the olive oil and the cheese so i could get an ice cream with my kid who came home sick from school with a sore throat. Luckily mcdonalds small cone is only 150 calories so it was a nice treat.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Was there a reason why you decided to switch? I like fat secret but haven't tried *** and was wondering what you are finding better?

Thanks, Kris!
i switched because it was what a few of a my friends were using and it has a cool little friend feed (kind of like facebook) where you can cheer your friends on. Fat secret search is a little bit better, but i am getting used to ***. the phone app is very simplistic compared to fat secrets. they are pretty much the same, but i love having friends on my feed so we can help encourage each other

kristi
Old 10-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

ok funny all my planning was sort of a guideline, but ended up changing things up a bit once it was time to eat. was just not in the mood for eggs today so i had low protein day but feel ok. my zucchini tomotoe saute, turned into a zucchini/tomatoe soup by adding a 1/4 chicken broth and dash of parmesan cheese, super yummy and filling!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
ok funny all my planning was sort of a guideline, but ended up changing things up a bit once it was time to eat. was just not in the mood for eggs today so i had low protein day but feel ok. my zucchini tomotoe saute, turned into a zucchini/tomatoe soup by adding a 1/4 chicken broth and dash of parmesan cheese, super yummy and filling!
Thanks for the *** info! And I would LOVE to see these 2 recipes in our Juddd Recipe forum, if you can! I love veggie bakes/soups of any kind!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I'm already looking forward to my DD tomorrow because thanks to PenguinPower, I have a new meal idea = Hebrew Nationals 97% fat free hotdogs. I'll put some mustard, chopped onion, and have a slice of pickle on the side. Cut a slice of Nickel's 35 calorie bread in half and have 2 of these hotdogs for around 115 calories!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:12 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I'm already looking forward to my DD tomorrow because thanks to PenguinPower, I have a new meal idea = Hebrew Nationals 97% fat free hotdogs. I'll put some mustard, chopped onion, and have a slice of pickle on the side. Cut a slice of Nickel's 35 calorie bread in half and have 2 of these hotdogs for around 115 calories!
That's a great friggin idea!

I had a successful DD yesterday, coming in at 430 calories. Embarrassingly though, I had an UD breakfast that was...a bit out of control. Yeah. I made lowish-carb chocolate pancakes and things got out of hand. Okay, why beat around the bush: basically, I ate 90% of my allowed UD calories in 45 minutes. This means that I get to look forward to a day of noshing on DD foods if I get hungry. Oh well. I don't blame JUDDD for my erratic eating behavior; it's simply the vestiges of an otherwise dormant ED.

As of right now, I am going back to doing low carb JUDDD so that I can keep my eating in check. Too many/good tasting sweet things are a trigger for me to overeat or binge.
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Erikasmommy
Stats: 179/168/145
WOE: Juddd- just starting
Start Date: Started Juddd 10/20/11
This is my very first day on Juddd....I'm sooo hungry! How many DD's will I do before it gets easier?
Erikasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikasmommy View Post
This is my very first day on Juddd....I'm sooo hungry! How many DD's will I do before it gets easier?
Seemed to get easier each one so far. The first was definitely the hardest, the second was only hard in late afternoon/evening (my hunger times), the third a little easier...

Some tips so far: I find staying busy in my worst hunger times helps take my mind off it. Of course, post here too. Planning ahead for DDs help tremendously. Drink lots of low/no calorie drinks like coffee, tea, diet drinks, water.

How many calories are you allowing today?

I'm going to TRY to keep right around 500 calories, but I allow myself 600-700 if needed. I don't think I will need it today. Everyone is right - the DD do get easier. It's also kind of a fun challenge, especially when I keep in mind the benefits of calorie restriction.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #41
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
I know. I'm so sorry. I wish we could have an Up Day, and then the next day, it'd be another.. Up Day again!

Of course, it does get easier. I was one of the wimps who had to start out higher and work my way down until I could do 500 calories DDs without any problem.

You do get your brain and your tummy and your appetite/hunger signals adapted to this pretty quickly, and then it's pretty easy from there on. But until then, there can be the occasional *white knuckle* DD to endure. Just keep telling yourself, "I can have anything I want tomorrow!" and hang on for dear life.

And here's another big hint... eat foods that are very filling, and very low in calories. I can feast on a salad that is filling an enormous big round casserole bowl, piled with various lettuces and greens, chopped tomatoes and cukes and peppers and onions, and shredded carrot and red cabbage and big slices of fresh mushrooms and some chops of cauliflower, topped with Kraft Fat Free Italian Dressing (which I like so much that I use it on Up Days too), and a meal like this has me chewing forkful after forkful after forkful... and very low calories. Very filling. Great choice for a Down Day. So you'll get into it better once you have your arsenal of foods gathered for DDs, and you sort of zero in on the foods that help keep you feeling full and content on those days.

And then on your Up Days, you're going to be able to feast and delight in all the variety of foods the world has to offer you.

So that's what you're after. No hunger on DDs, and eating like a QUEEN on your UDs. And losing body fat while improving your overall health in all the other areas. How great is that?!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

What Pat said, and here's another little trick I use at night (late afternoon/evening is my big hunger time).....

I can't sleep if I'm hungry, so I make sure to save some calories for a little treat before bed to take the hunger away so I can sleep. For me, it's usually a cup of diet Swiss Miss hot cocoa (25 calories) or a cup of hot tea with one Russell Stover NougieNuttyChew (50 calories). If you do this, it can be anything you want to help your body feel satisfied enough to let you fall asleep comfortably. For me it seems to be something on the sweet side.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #43
Junior LCF Member

I am trying to do the 500 calories, but I think I might be a wimp and need to work my way down too! I did the protein shake for breakfast and I think that was a bad move! Shakes never did fill me up so I don't know why I thought this would be different!
I LOVE the salad idea.. I will totally be doing that on Saturday! How many calories did you ladies start with on DD's before you started working your way down? Did you still see decent initial weight losses even with the extra calories?
Thank you SOOOOO much for being so sweet and helpful..I've been lurking here for weeks trying to make up my mind. and I'm sure I'll be glad I did....tomorrow LOL!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Sophie, I'm the same way! I started worrying about that a couple of hours ago. I will lay awake all night if I'm hungry!!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:30 PM   #45

Quote:
I am trying to do the 500 calories, but I think I might be a wimp and need to work my way down too! I did the protein shake for breakfast and I think that was a bad move! Shakes never did fill me up so I don't know why I thought this would be different!
I LOVE the salad idea.. I will totally be doing that on Saturday! How many calories did you ladies start with on DD's before you started working your way down? Did you still see decent initial weight losses even with the extra calories?
Thank you SOOOOO much for being so sweet and helpful..I've been lurking here for weeks trying to make up my mind. and I'm sure I'll be glad I did....tomorrow LOL!
Oh, I hate the concept of a shake for a meal! A shake isn't a meal. It's something that accompanies the meal! A meal is FOOD. Something I can chew and chew and chew. LOL I totally blew off the whole *shakes for the first two weeks* recommendation and just started in on food, carefully counting the calories. I didn't think I was so stupid that I'd lose track of what I was eating if it wasn't all pre-prepared for me.

I think I started in at about 700 calories, if I remember correctly. And I worked down to about 500 pretty fast.

Why don't you do the best you can yet today, and then allow yourself a bit more this evening if you need to. I mean, if you don't need to.. don't. But I'd rather you over eat a little intentionally than lose control and overeat by a lot.

I believe you can still see some weight loss results showing up on your scale, even if you have DDs at a somewhat higher calorie level than is recommended. I believe you will too. Do the best you can. The important thing is to just get started. And be looking forward to new lower weights on your scale! This is going to work for you!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:45 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Looking back, my first attempted DD ended up being 740 calories. Next was about 700 calories, then 620 calories, then about 550 calories. Saw great results. In fact, after my first DD of 740 calories, I did an UD and lost!

At first it was hard to get my UD high enough since I was used to less appetite on LC, but I soon managed

Last edited by sophiethecat; 10-20-2011 at 01:55 PM..
Old 10-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Thank you both so much! I think I will allow myself a little extra tonight if needed ( I am pretty sure it will be LOL) and try not to go over 700. I am also going to make sure I am MUCH better prepared for my next DD!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #48

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
I know of a shake that counts as a meal both calorically and fillingly

Bobo's Pumpkin Thick Shake, seriously!!!

Quote:
Here is the nutritional info:

1/3 Cup Pumpkin.......................26 calories.......2.6 carbs.......(.3) fat.......1.3 protein
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream...............200 calories.......1.7 carbs.........22 fat......1.2 protein
1 egg......................................71 calories.......(.4) carbs..........5 fat.........6 protein
2 Teaspoons Sweetener Blend.......0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
1/4 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice....0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
1/2 Cup Water............................0 calories..........0 carbs..........0 fat.........0 protein
Totals....................................297 calories.......4.7 carbs.......27.3 fat.......8.5 protein

6% carbs, 11% Protein, . . . .83% FAT!! and One could add protein powder to increase the protein if one so desired.... It's a luscious filling treat that leaves you feeling full for a long while.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Quote:
Sophie, I'm the same way! I started worrying about that a couple of hours ago. I will lay awake all night if I'm hungry!!
I just started JUDDD a couple days ago, and I worried about this as well. Luckily, my hunger issues went away about midway through the afternoon and I was not hungry all night. I hope you have the same experience!!

By the way, I allowed an extra 100 cals (up to 600) for myself on my first DD. And I lost 2 pounds overnight!

I also started the day with a fried egg (about 100 cals of fat and protein!) to keep me fuller longer.

Hang in there...you will LOVE the results.

I have DD number 2 tomorrow and I can't believe I am saying this but I am actually *kinda* looking forward to it!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #50

Quote:
3 things I would like to recommend for starting JUDDD. These are just my experience and recommendations from my experience and not meant as "you should do it this way" as I am NO expert on JUDDD. I just wanted to pass along what has helped me:

1. Start JUDDD with an UD. You will eat lots of calories that very first day and this will help to make that first DD a bit easier.

2. Eat REAL food. I know that the shakes are recommended and some can do this but if you are like me, you want to "chew" on something. Lots of veggie, some lean protein on those DDs make it easier.

3. Up your DD calories if you need to. The calorie calculator on the JUDDD site is a guide, not something that is written in stone. It CAN be tweaked and many of us have done this with still amazing results.

Hope this helps and to the JUDDD Family! So nice to have you on board!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 10-20-2011 at 03:29 PM..
Old 10-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
I've done a shake on a couple of my down days. I actually plan for one tomorrow. But i always add something that will give it some substance... pumpkin and spinach are my two favorites (not together).

I like to make a shake with cold coffee, diet cocoa, extra cocoa powder, chocolate protein powder, and frozen spinach. The spinach looks weird, but I can barely taste it, and it sure fills me up!
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
I've done a shake on a couple of my down days. I actually plan for one tomorrow. But i always add something that will give it some substance... pumpkin and spinach are my two favorites (not together).

I like to make a shake with cold coffee, diet cocoa, extra cocoa powder, chocolate protein powder, and frozen spinach. The spinach looks weird, but I can barely taste it, and it sure fills me up!
Have you tried any of the glucomannan powder in your shakes. It's tremendously filling, thickens the shake a little, and 0 calories. I use it in my chocolate coffee shakes and even in my pumpkin maple spice shakes. No flavor to it, so it doesn't interfere that way. And really helps me stay feeling full all day and evening on DDs.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Thank you all for all of your help! I've lurked on this board for years and I've never felt as welcome as I do here
I'm sitting at 455 calories right now...I can't believe I actually ate a piece of sprouted grain bread and a couple of my daughters nut thin crackers-even with my calories that low I totally feel like I'm cheating because I have the low carb mentality so imbedded in my brain!!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #54

Quote:
Thank you all for all of your help! I've lurked on this board for years and I've never felt as welcome as I do here
I'm sitting at 455 calories right now...I can't believe I actually ate a piece of sprouted grain bread and a couple of my daughters nut thin crackers-even with my calories that low I totally feel like I'm cheating because I have the low carb mentality so imbedded in my brain!!!!
We're glad to have you with us, and expect you to do well and turn right around and help the next ones who come looking for something to help them rev up their metabolism or break an unending stall, or something to bring the joy back into their lives or lift a cloying depression that they can't seem to shake. OH! And, of course.. that weight loss part of it too!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You're doing great!!

And I totally get you on the LC mentality. Just wait til your UD
Old 10-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Have you tried any of the glucomannan powder in your shakes. It's tremendously filling, thickens the shake a little, and 0 calories. I use it in my chocolate coffee shakes and even in my pumpkin maple spice shakes. No flavor to it, so it doesn't interfere that way. And really helps me stay feeling full all day and evening on DDs.
No, I haven't found any of it yet. I've used SF Jell-O pudding powder to thicken shakes before, but not glucomannan. I may look for it again
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post

I have DD number 2 tomorrow and I can't believe I am saying this but I am actually *kinda* looking forward to it!
By the end of an UD, I am welcoming the thought of a DD ahead to "lighten" and refresh my palate of all the UD foods (and lighten me in the process hopefully!) as well as the CR benefits.

And by the end of the DD, I love the idea of going to sleep and waking up able to eat ANYTHING again
Old 10-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #58

And here's another thing I noticed after being on JUDDD for awhile.

I have come to absolutely LOVE that lean flat belly feeling of not having a lot of food in my gut.

At the beginning, I was focused a whole lot more on being hungry, and not knowing yet how to pass an entire DD with foods that kept me feeling full without many calories. Later, I solved that problem, and then I was able to become aware of that sleek empty feeling.. no hunger, but the feeling that told me my belly was truly flatter in profile when I had on my favorite jeans!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
By the end of an UD, I am welcoming the thought of a DD ahead to "lighten" and refresh my palate of all the UD foods (and lighten me in the process hopefully!) as well as the CR benefits.

And by the end of the DD, I love the idea of going to sleep and waking up able to eat ANYTHING again
This
Old 10-21-2011, 04:13 AM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Quote:

sounds like the jUDDD cycle Not a bad thing, if it makes us look forward to every day!
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote