Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   HERE I GO!!! First day woo hoo!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/741170-here-i-go-first-day-woo-hoo.html)

Debrat3 10-18-2011 10:59 AM

HERE I GO!!! First day woo hoo!!!

I started JUDD today. I was going to start with an up day but the hunger is not there so switched it to a dd. I need to go buy a new scale today so I dont even have a factual starting weight as of this morning. I would even be happy not to weigh because I dont know about any of you but I so dislike how the scale can dictate my moods.:mad:
I know this might sound a little silly but when you started did you have this sense of empowerment knowing you choose what you eat, not having to be certain foods? :clap: I will stick with low carb BUT if at anytime I want to something I will have it, thats the beauty of JUDD.
Oh I have a question for you guys. 2000 is my UD calories. Do I need to eat that many calories everyday to make this work or just shoot for 2000? :dunno:

Beeb 10-18-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debrat3 (Post 15098712)
I started JUDD today. I was going to start with an up day but the hunger is not there so switched it to a dd. I need to go buy a new scale today so I dont even have a factual starting weight as of this morning. I would even be happy not to weigh because I dont know about any of you but I so dislike how the scale can dictate my moods.:mad:
I know this might sound a little silly but when you started did you have this sense of empowerment knowing you choose what you eat, not having to be certain foods? :clap: I will stick with low carb BUT if at anytime I want to something I will have it, thats the beauty of JUDD.
Oh I have a question for you guys. 2000 is my UD calories. Do I need to eat that many calories everyday to make this work or just shoot for 2000? :dunno:

:welcome: to your first JUDDD day! YES, I feel empowered everyday doing JUDDD! I AM in control, not the carbs I can or can not eat anymore!! Your mindset is right on for JUDDDing and I know you will do great.

And YES.....eat up to those UD 2000 cals. You will be happy you did on the following DD because it really does curb your hunger! :up:

sophiethecat 10-18-2011 11:25 AM

:welcome: Debbie! Great to see so many more new people (like me) getting on the JUDDD train :) Post often, and yes, EAT those UD calories! :jumpjoy:

Queenie324 10-18-2011 11:42 AM

:welcome:

This is my first day and I started with an UD. I'm forcing myself to eat to get all my calories in. I'll be sorry later when I want a glass of wine. :hyst:

LuvLatte 10-18-2011 11:56 AM

Welcome, Barb and Debbie! :)

Beeb 10-18-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queenie324 (Post 15098831)
:welcome:

This is my first day and I started with an UD. I'm forcing myself to eat to get all my calories in. I'll be sorry later when I want a glass of wine. :hyst:

OK, then save some calories for that wine later! :yummy:

Low Carb Librarian 10-18-2011 12:49 PM

Welcome to all the newbies from a newbie! I have been doing JUDDD for about 3 weeks and I am enjoying the change from 20 carbs a day.

Joedi 10-18-2011 03:25 PM

Welcome Debbie! Its great to have you join us!

Be sure to post your menu in the "What are you eating today?" thread...and let us all know how it went for you!

I sure relate to the scale dictating my moods! I am trying to overcome this by weighing daily...and making a graph from it. After a few weeks you see all the little ups and downs....but a nice overall downward progression.

Fro me this makes the next little "up" a bit less depressing. I havent got it licked yet...but I am a work in progress!

Hugs
jo
x