Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
New Here and Looking at JUDDD to Break a Stall

Last year I lost 40 lbs doing atkins at induction level, which is fine by me because I do not care for fruits or any of the things you can add in OWL, I am perfectly happy with my choices in induction.

I hit a stall though at 220 and for the last year loosely did atkins to just maintain. Well I was back up to 229 so Sept 20th I restarted and got the 9 lbs off and now I am stuck at 220 again, lost the 9lbs right away and for the last two weeks I bounce from 219-222 but mostly stick around 220.

When I lost the 40lbs I didn't exercise, this time I have been exercising 3-4 times a week doing 30 min of cardio and weight training. I have added in some nuts this time around but it didn't seem to matter for the first 9 lbs. What gives? Obviously 220 is some sort of set point for my body?

I ran across the JUDDD method while reading over here and I am very interested in it, I think I could easily do it because I have had days that I barely break 800 calories because I am just not to hungry but then I have days that I feel like I need to keep eating.

I see from everyone's responses this is working for them, but I haven't seen anything with total lbs lost etc. It seems like most the regulars on this board are alot lighter then me and only used it for those last few stubborn pounds? Or maybe I am missing it.

I would love to know how much you lost doing JUDDD and what I can expect for weight loss. I am also a little freaked out about the up days because my mindset has been at 1300-1500 calorie low carb days for so long?

Thanks and I look forward to hanging out.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
I can only speak for myself, but I did not try JUDDD to lose the last few pounds, I did it as a eating life style change because I could not lose any weight on LC, in fact I was gaining and was in a place where I was going to have to keep cutting out carb foods (fruits and veggies) in order to just maintain the weight I was at. But it wasn't even working to do that anymore.

When cutting out more food started to happen I just knew I could NOT do the LC WOE I was doing anymore, I was setting myself up for complete failure as I had the other times I did LC, and always with the same results, I quit and gained all my weight back, plus some!

JUDDD helped me to bring back the foods I love and be able to maintain at a much lower weight than I thought was possible. I still eat lower carbs, but it's not my main focus on my JUDDD WOE now.

I'm not sure about breaking your stall, but maybe give it a try. I will suggest though that you DO eat the way the plan is suggested and that is at least up to or very near you DD calories and the same principle on your UD calories. It works great this way because that is how it's designed to work. Eating low cal or very close to the same number on UDs and DDs really doesn't work, it seems. It's the case of less is not a good idea.

Hope you decide to try JUDDD, but not only to break your stall but to see how great eating this way will make you feel!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post

Hope you decide to try JUDDD, but not only to break your stall but to see how great eating this way will make you feel!
Thanks Beeb, I have read everything I can on JUDD and plan on making sure I am keeping to the JUDDD UD and DD calories, and going to try to just do modified carbs because I do feel better when I don't have to much sugar or starchy stuff. But the freedom to know that on some bible study nights I can have a little treat and not feel completely guilty is refreshing.

Thanks for your input, I am glad to know that you lost your weight on JUDDD and it was more then just a few pounds, that gives me hope.

I just find it so strange that 40 lbs came off in just a little over three months a year ago but trying to eat the same way this year and even adding in exercise is just not doing it. Frustrated but ready to start JUDDD to see what it can do for me.

I have some coupons for Atkins shakes and they are on sale Buy one get one free at one of the local stores so I may just use those for the DD for the first week or so, honestly the idea of not having to think about what I am going to eat or not eat for a bit sounds wonderful. hehe
Old 10-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Ok I have a question. Using the calculator on the JUDD site it is saying DD: 541cal UD: 2703cal i was thinking i would do more like 500/2000 or do i really need to eat 2700 calories on an UD? that just seems crazy. If i put in my goal weight of 150 it says 446/2232 so would it be best to go by that??
Old 10-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
Ok I have a question. Using the calculator on the JUDD site it is saying DD: 541cal UD: 2703cal i was thinking i would do more like 500/2000 or do i really need to eat 2700 calories on an UD? that just seems crazy. If i put in my goal weight of 150 it says 446/2232 so would it be best to go by that??
I would go by your goal weight and those numbers look good to me. I actually upped my DD cals to reflect a 45% weight loss and maintenance instead of straight weight loss because I knew I would fail at the low cals of 20% (345 cals) on my DD when I first started. Doing this gave me 700+ cals which I kept to around 700 and left the UD cals of 1658 alone at the time, and I lost at a record speed; Aug 1 I was 151.4....Sept 11 I was 141 so that is 11.4 cals in 6 weeks time! If you find that the 446 is not enough, then up it some, but do try to do those UD cals, as close as possible. I would also go online the try other calorie calculators and then do an average of them all since we have all found that the JUDDD one can be faulty at times depending on how you input our exercise. I picked sedentary because I sit most of the day, but I do some exercise, just not enough in my mind to say I was doing 1 to 3 times a week.

HTH and looking forward to you coming on board! If you decide to give JUDDD a try, please introduce yourself on the newbie thread!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote