Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   time saving tip...100 calorie protein packs. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/740923-time-saving-tip-100-calorie-protein-packs.html)

darlingnikki 10-17-2011 07:56 AM

time saving tip...100 calorie protein packs.

Roast a bunch of chicken breast, beef of whatever you like and let cool.
Look up how many ounces or grams for 100 calories of that protein.
Measure out and bag 100 calorie servings and put bags in the freezer.
Grab a bag when you need it, cook in your favorite omelet or stirfry!
Especially helpful if you are cooking a different meal for a family too.
I grab a ziploc tupperware, put my egg whites on the bottom, microwave one minute, put my protein on top with a slice of FF cheese by lunch protein is defrosted heat up and voila 160 calorie lunch!
Nikki

Beeb 10-17-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darlingnikki (Post 15094349)
Roast a bunch of chicken breast, beef of whatever you like and let cool.
Look up how many ounces or grams for 100 calories of that protein.
Measure out and bag 100 calorie servings and put bags in the freezer.
Grab a bag when you need it, cook in your favorite omelet or stirfry!
Especially helpful if you are cooking a different meal for a family too.
I grab a ziploc tupperware, put my egg whites on the bottom, microwave one minute, put my protein on top with a slice of FF cheese by lunch protein is defrosted heat up and voila 160 calorie lunch!
Nikki

:goodpost:What a great idea!! I love this and it's so easy to remember that those bags are 100 cals when you are adding up in a recipe! :up::clap:

SoHappy 10-17-2011 10:34 AM

I just bagged up cooked boneless/skinless chicken breast. Had enough for three little bags for the freezer, and a bit left over, which I'm having on salad as I write this. Thanks for the helpful little hint.

halos 10-17-2011 10:48 AM

I marinade slivered meats seveal pounds at a time, cook, cool and freeze on a cookie sheet, put in a bag in the freezer. Never thought of doing 100 calorie bags though. Thanks for the tip.

Cruzcrzy 10-17-2011 11:23 AM

I am currently hooked on the 2.6 oz. tuna pouches...80 calories, tons of protein. I love not having to drain them like I do the canned tuna. This is a staple for me on DD's, but, recently I've even been using them on my UD's too.

Seabreezes 10-17-2011 11:46 AM

Great idea Nikki, thanks for posting about it.

I just bought a scale that weighs digitally so it is easier to calculate than my old trusty WW scale. I am having fun with it. Off to measure out some 100 calorie items and bag them up!!

Everyone enjoy their JUDDD day, whether UP or DD:)

:hugs:

Joedi 10-17-2011 12:17 PM

great idea, nikki!

I will defo try it...perhaps with other things too..like apple slices, grapes, nuts etc!

Will add little ziplock bags to my shopping list!

hugs
Jo
x

ouizoid 10-18-2011 10:31 PM

Trader joes sells chicken jalapeņo sausages that are 100 cals. Add a bag of shiritaki and some cabbage and some queso and you have a huge plate of food for 200 cals