Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 06:46 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
what do you find easier?? UD or DD?

I find DD easier I like being a little hungry and knowing I'll get results.
I also understand its not about food necessarily more about control.

UDs I find stressful. I am trying to up my carbs very slowly and am currently adding fruit and lower fat dairy. I am finding a little mental battle as I strive to focus on calories not carbs...for example I endulged in an old favorite of mine, a starbucks skinny latte. Heavy cream in my coffee never froths the same as good old ice cold skim milk lol and it was heaven. I know a tall only has 90 calories which I fit into my plan and counted and I know carbs are not too bad because if uses SF syrup...but I just feel guilty somehow KWIM?

Arguably, I am seeing a loss on the scale and am feeling great, enjoying a large variety of fruit and veg now but the little carb angel is preaching at the back of my head saying PINEAPPLE??? R U KIDDING ?? And I count my 1/4 cup pineapple into my calories for the day and enjoy.

Anyways today is a DD after my first ever MD yesterday entertained for dinner and wound up at 844 calories...tomorrow is UD and then surgery!
Have a great CALORIE counting day JUDDD Buds!
Nikki

FABULOUS IN MY FORTIES!
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2011, 08:24 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I like both days now, but DDs are easier because I don't have to push to get near that calorie ceiling that I have to do to maintain. I eat cleaning on DDs, too. More veggies and fruits. I tend to snack more on my UDs!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
After almost 3 years on WW, UDs are haaaaaaard! [/whine] I honestly enjoy the challenge of making everything "fit" into a DD. Plus, I am unaccustomed to eating larger quantities. I'll get used to it, I s'ppose!!! LOL!
Rachelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
UDs are harder for me. I actually feel hungrier, have trouble stopping snacking. And it's not the type of food, I still eat lowcarb. I generally end up with too many calories on my up days.
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Although I sometimes struggle with a bit of hunger on my DD's, UD's are currently harder for me, especially the weekends! I'll get there. It's all a learning process.
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
I like both days now, but DDs are easier because I don't have to push to get near that calorie ceiling that I have to do to maintain. I eat cleaning on DDs, too. More veggies and fruits. I tend to snack more on my UDs!
No wonder why I keep losing weight........I'm eating CLEANING!! It's was suppose to read CLEANER!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlingnikki View Post

Anyways today is a DD after my first ever MD yesterday entertained for dinner and wound up at 844 calories...tomorrow is UD and then surgery!
Have a great CALORIE counting day JUDDD Buds!
Nikki
I hope the surgery goes well tomorrow for you. Will be sending good wishes your way for a speedy recovery.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
lol @ Beeb! You can come and eat cleaning at my home...it would sure save me doing it!

I am not really surprised that most of us find DD's easier. After all, most of us are long term, experienced dieters!

...Count calories/carbs...no problem! Feel a bit hungry?....been there, done that!.... Limited choice?...used to it!

But eat what you want, when you want, every other day and expect to lose weight Carbs are now OK..if I want them?? And sweets? And i have to eat ENOUGH calories?? Surely THAT cant REALLY work for weight loss??

Its no wonder a lot of us find UD's harder at first. Perhaps we eat far too much...there are so many tasty options open to us. Or perhaps we dont eat to our UD limit...stuck in the old thinking of "the lower the better".

We just need to be kind to ourselves....do our best to keep our UD cals up, and our DD cals down...and as Sohappy would say "let Juddd do its magic"

And if at first, we dont succeed...well...its a learning curve...and hopefully one that will lead to a far more normal attitude to food than we have had before...and hopefully also to the good health benefits that come from calorie restriction...even if that restriction is only every other day!

i am just so glad we have this forum...i couldnt imagine going it alone!

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I'm finding DD harder, but I do appreciate the challenge too. What keeps me going on DD is remembering the weight loss and the health benefits of calorie restriction.

I have a feeling I will be able to increase my DD calories soon and that will be a good thing for me. For now, until I reach goal, I'm going to try to keep them around 600.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
^^I'm only on my third day of JUDDD and I am looking forward to my second official UD. I wonder which day will end up being easier for me.
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
My UD calorie target is 2700 and my DD calorie target is 675 calories. I am not weighing
and measuring my meals but so far it's working for me and I feel UD's and DD's about equal. I am also only using a 5 hour eating window so I do feel a little like I am over doing
it eating 2700 calories in that 5 hour period then on an UD I sometimes would like to eat
a little more. But I am sure not complaining this is the best WOE I have ever tried I just
love it. Being a diabetic I have a couple of Dr. apointments every 3 months. This is the
first time in a long while I am looking forward to them. They were kind of pleased I had lost 7 pounds on the last check up I hope me losing another 20 lbs doesn't make one of
them have a heart attack.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote