Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 05:24 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Natural Up/Down rhythm?

Did anyone find they naturally have days they are hungrier/not as hungry, and adjust their UDs/DDs accordingly?

Or did you just have to give yourself a couple weeks to get used to it?

I started about a week ago, but I feel like maybe I picked the wrong day!!!

Yesterday was an UD; I slept late, I wasn't hungry when I woke up, wasn't hungry for about 7 hours after breakfast, didn't snack late and went to bed relatively early. I think I could have easily made it a DD.

Today I'm awake almost 5 hours earlier and hungry already.

I wonder if this is psychological--that I happen to be hungrier on my DDs--or whether I have some sort of natural rhythm & if I change my DDs everything will be easier.

I might do a MD today, since I need to do errands and grocery shopping to get some veggies, cold cuts and FF dairy for a better DD menu. All the DD-friendly food I really have in the house right now is psyllium fiber and egg whites!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 10-17-2011 at 05:25 AM..
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2011, 06:52 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
No...you didnt pick the wrong day!
I am exactly the same....hungry on my DD's....anticipating my UD feasts...and on my UD...normal apetite!
I think some of it is psychological....but I also wonder if my tummy shrinks a bit on my DD...so by my UD I fill up quicker....but stick to my UD calories...stretch my tummy...so by my DD I am hungrier!
Probably not...but my mind does work in weird ways!

try changing your days...just pop a medium in there and see...but, tbh...I think it will still be the same!

For DD's I recommend gluc pud, and DD muffins...both fill me up nicely!

Hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:15 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I definitely notice that on some days I am hungrier than on others, regardless of whether the day is an UD or a DD.

I doubt that you have an inbuilt Up/Down rhythm so strongly that choosing a starting day in opposition to your rhythm is causing this. I think it is more likely that your brain is struggling at the moment to remain on it's previous way of eating, which although low carb, could still be whenever you wanted to eat, and was undoubtedly at a somewhat more even and uniform food quantity/calorie level than is held to following the JUDDD plan.

But it's easy enough to switch your days if you'd like to try that and see if it makes things easier for you. Instead of having today be a DD, just have it be a MD, and than push the DD into tomorrow instead and rotate from there.

It's easy to switch our rotation schedule this way whenever an occasion is coming up that you'd like to have fall on an UD.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I definitely notice that on some days I am hungrier than on others, regardless of whether the day is an UD or a DD.

I doubt that you have an inbuilt Up/Down rhythm so strongly that choosing a starting day in opposition to your rhythm is causing this. I think it is more likely that your brain is struggling at the moment to remain on it's previous way of eating, which although low carb, could still be whenever you wanted to eat, and was undoubtedly at a somewhat more even and uniform food quantity/calorie level than is held to following the JUDDD plan.

But it's easy enough to switch your days if you'd like to try that and see if it makes things easier for you. Instead of having today be a DD, just have it be a MD, and than push the DD into tomorrow instead and rotate from there.

It's easy to switch our rotation schedule this way whenever an occasion is coming up that you'd like to have fall on an UD.
And I will add that is does get easier and the UDs and DDs appetite will be almost the same, at least they are for me. On my DDs there is only so much food I want to eat. I'm actually never hungry anymore and find it hard to get to my 900 cal maintenance schedule. And then on my UDs I find myself hungrier but not so much that I'm shooting over my calorie ceiling for the day. Most days I'm trying to get close to the ceiling at the end of the day because my body is telling me it's had enough food for the day.

I truly believe JUDDD helps our bodies to KNOW when it wants food and when it's had enough. At least that is now my experience, especially after the first 3 weeks of JUDDDing.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
And I will add that is does get easier and the UDs and DDs appetite will be almost the same, at least they are for me. On my DDs there is only so much food I want to eat. I'm actually never hungry anymore and find it hard to get to my 900 cal maintenance schedule. And then on my UDs I find myself hungrier but not so much that I'm shooting over my calorie ceiling for the day. Most days I'm trying to get close to the ceiling at the end of the day because my body is telling me it's had enough food for the day.

I truly believe JUDDD helps our bodies to KNOW when it wants food and when it's had enough. At least that is now my experience, especially after the first 3 weeks of JUDDDing.
I'm also having this "reverse day" problem of hunger on DD and not so much hunger on UD

This is good to know that things will straighten themselves out with time.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Well, yesterday was supposed to be a DD but I was SO hungry I just made it an UD.
I didn't count calories; I just ate until I was well satisfied and not thinking about "what can I eat next?", because I have seen many of you say that eating well on UDs leaves you less hungry on DDs. Retro-calculating, I'm sure it was near my ceiling of 2400 calories.

And today my hunger is quite suppressed. I didn't wake up hungry, unlike yesterday!

Now I just have to hope that my hunger pattern will continue to cooperate with my plan, and not be 2 or 3 hungry days in a row!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote