Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
JUDDD and low carb

Question to those of you who do Juddd....(I am stalled out and having a hard time losing the last 20 pounds on low carb, so considering my options!!9

Do you stick to low carb foods on your up days or do you allow yourself higher carb items in moderation?

Do you think JUDDD might be an option for someone like me? I am 33, have lost 72 pounds doing Atkins/low carb, and diabetic (VERY, very well controlled-my A1cs are all between 4.7 and 5). The occasional higher carb item reacts OK with my blood sugar (I do not get bad readings from eating a bowl of rice, though I avoid it as a rule). My weight loss has stalled massively over the last 6 months. I just tried Atkins reinduction but the effect was negligible.

I work out (running and weight lifting) as regularly as I can find the time to do so. I am a very busy lady, having just started law school, so I don't have a ton of time for diet research.

I am looking for options, but I am also scared to deviate from anything low carb, since I have lost so much that way, and do NOT want to put any of it back on. All your help and advice is much appreciated.

Thank you!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2011, 05:19 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Hi, stardustshadow! I've followed much of your weight loss journey here at LCF, and you've done wonderfully well. And I love your new avi picture, by the way.

JUDDD may well be just what you're looking for at this time. Many of us have come to this plan because low carb finally failed to give us anymore weight loss, or even much in the first place, and left us far short of our final goal weight. And JUDDD has filled the bill, allowing us to continue losing more of the fat, while also allowing us to adapt our diets to include some of the foods we'd hoped to be able to enjoy as we entered the maintenance phase for the rest of our lives. I expect JUDDD would easily help you shed the remainder of the pounds you'd still like to lose.

As to what you choose to eat.. that is entirely up to you. We have many here to keep to a quite low carb menu on both their Up Days and their Down Days. Others of us have included more carbs now, although the vast majority here would still be considered *low* carb by most.. just not very low carb. And some of us are an overall mid-carb range, with the occasional inclusion of a high carb food item on the menu. (That would certainly be me.)

So if you wish to remain low carb in your JUDDD menu, that will be absolutely fine, as JUDDD isn't a plan that is at all concerned with your food choices, only your adherence to your calorie ceilings for your alternating calorie days. We do have diabetics here doing JUDDD very successfully.

You would be most welcome here! Hope you'll decide to join us!
Old 10-15-2011, 05:27 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anniemar
Stats: 176/139/135
WOE: atkins
Start Date: jan10
I'm also interested in this question...I'd like to lose 10 more lbs and it seems I'm losing and gaining the same 3 lbs over and over for a few months. I've started jogging and riding a stationary bike and wonder if I'm just building muscle without losing the weight. I have no health issues..if fact have gone off bp meds and the doc is pleased with my bloodwork and the weight loss. I hope the "up" days are mostly lowcarb because I fear adding more carbs would put me out of control. Thanks for any info!!!
Anniemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniemar View Post
I'm also interested in this question...I'd like to lose 10 more lbs and it seems I'm losing and gaining the same 3 lbs over and over for a few months. I've started jogging and riding a stationary bike and wonder if I'm just building muscle without losing the weight. I have no health issues..if fact have gone off bp meds and the doc is pleased with my bloodwork and the weight loss. I hope the "up" days are mostly lowcarb because I fear adding more carbs would put me out of control. Thanks for any info!!!
Hi, Annie!

It's possible that you are gaining some muscle mass which is increasing your scale weight and negating you seeing any loss of fat weight on the scale, but that would have to be a lot of muscle gain from just jogging and biking. It might be some retained water weight in your muscles if you aren't used to exercising, but that usually goes away after a short while. It may be that you have reached the point that many of us came to.. that we just aren't able to get rid of anymore body fat on our standard low carb diet plans.

Many of us who have come here, have done so after we stopped being able to lose the rest of the weight on low carb. Don't know what happened to cause that for us, but that's what happened. And JUDDD has started weight loss going again for us, allowing us to reach our goal weight, while at the same time enjoying a wider variety of foods that many of us had thought might be available to us only after attaining goal.

But what you eat is completely up to you. There are no lists of recommended foods or forbidden foods. We have folks here who make their menus for both Up Days and Down Days be very low carb. Most here are eating at what is normally considered a low carb diet.. although perhaps not what is considered very low carb. Many of us are now able to enjoy a mid-range in carb consumption. But what you eat is entirely up to you, so you can be comfortable in the thought that your menu plan is still completely up to you and your choices.

I hope you will join us here. JUDDD can really do the trick for you, and work its magic for you too. It may look a bit *different* from the outside looking in, but I'll bet you will love it as much as the rest of us do if you get into it. Of course, the JUDDD success is pretty addicting!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:17 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anniemar
Stats: 176/139/135
WOE: atkins
Start Date: jan10
Thank you so much for your response! One other thing...I looked in the library for the "JUDDD" diet plan...couldn't find it. Is it offically called the Alternate Day diet? Are they one in the same?
Anniemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniemar View Post
Thank you so much for your response! One other thing...I looked in the library for the "JUDDD" diet plan...couldn't find it. Is it offically called the Alternate Day diet? Are they one in the same?
They are one and the same. You can also go to their website and read about the diet there. There is little, very little in the book that isn't covered on their website, except the book also has some recipes. (But we think our recipes right here are much better ones! LOL) And our *sticky* post up at the top of our JUDDD Forum has the basics of the plan also. It is such a very simple plan that there isn't much to it. Well, except that it results in success.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:43 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, SoHappy! It was actually one of your posts in another section of the forum that drew me to investigate JUDDD. Your confidence is the plan is also very reassuring! I am going to check out the stickies and read more about the plan. I really need something to start working for me-i've been frustrated far too long! I also know that I can handle the low cal days (I have done atkins fat fast before so I have experienced very low cal days). And of course, the idea of getting to incorporate some other foods (in moderation) is very tempting. But that is what scares me!! I am not scared that I will binge (have never been a binger), but I am scared of carbs! I have carbophobia! Somehow, in the back of my head, is the fear that ingesting anything carby will throw those 72 pounds back on! I know this is silly, but one of the biggest benefits of Juddd for me would also be one of my biggest fears!
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post
Thanks, SoHappy! It was actually one of your posts in another section of the forum that drew me to investigate JUDDD. Your confidence is the plan is also very reassuring! I am going to check out the stickies and read more about the plan. I really need something to start working for me-i've been frustrated far too long! I also know that I can handle the low cal days (I have done atkins fat fast before so I have experienced very low cal days). And of course, the idea of getting to incorporate some other foods (in moderation) is very tempting. But that is what scares me!! I am not scared that I will binge (have never been a binger), but I am scared of carbs! I have carbophobia! Somehow, in the back of my head, is the fear that ingesting anything carby will throw those 72 pounds back on! I know this is silly, but one of the biggest benefits of Juddd for me would also be one of my biggest fears!
I can certainly understand your apprehension. It's like.. "I haven't come this far only to ruin it all and blow the whole thing!" But I doubt that will happen. In a way, I think JUDDD is a good plan to make sure that won't happen. JUDDD can teach you how to prevent that from happening.

I think most of us started out wanting to lose the weight, but also with the goal of learning how to eat safely, so that we didn't regain. Even Dr. Atkins hoped that by following the design of his fine plan, we all would be able to slim down, get healthy, and along the way learn how to eat in a healthful way, incorporating delicious foods from all three macro nutrient groups for our well being.. that is fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. (And, to tell you the truth, I don't think carbs are the problem as much as our propensity to go overboard in our choices of poor mostly worthless carb crap. LOL) - - So even Dr. Atkins who wrote his wonderful book Atkins for Life before his death, set out 40 days of menus, covering 40 days of induction, 40 of OWL, 40 of pre-maintenance, and 40 for the maintenance level. And the only reason I mention it is that for maintenance, he is having us once again able to enjoy a slice of whole grain toast, a small potato, a little semolina pasta, etc. He didn't intend for us never to be able to eat of that nutritious third nutrient group - carbohydrate - but wanted us to learn how to incorporate it into our diets in a delightful and healthful manner. Which is certainly NOT going overboard on it!

So JUDDD can help you work up to that level, IF you want to eventually. But I think it's always smart for us to start off pretty slowly. Because, Number One.. you don't want to spin out of control and fail and blow it all. And Number Two, when you start to reintroduce more carbohydrate into your diet, you will probably have to give back some of that initial water weight that was so exciting to see on the scale when you first started low carbing, and that sometimes bums people out.. and confuses them into thinking they aren't losing.. when in fact they are indeed losing FAT while they are regaining a bit of water weight as they *carb up* again.

So if you don't want to incorporate more carbs at this time, just don't design them into your menu plans for either Up Days or Down Days. You can give JUDDD a chance to get established in your life, get your body used to the rhythm of cycling calories, get yourself back into weight loss, and then start gradually increasing carbs if you want to.

I just approached JUDDD with great abandon and started adding back in the higher carb foods I'd been missing for so long, swallowed hard, and accepted the water weight that returned to my muscle tissue, and got on with my happy life. So right now in my kitchen I have acorn squash, sweet potatoes and white potatoes, some marvelous loaves of great breads, including a caraway rye I'm wanting to cut into, and a chocolate cake, among other things. But still the refrigerator is filled with the same foods that make up the bulk of any very low carb diet. I've only added in once again, those foods that Dr. Atkins hoped I might one day enjoy in my maintenance. JUDDD is just the cycling plan I use when I do that.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:37 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I can certainly understand your apprehension. It's like.. "I haven't come this far only to ruin it all and blow the whole thing!" But I doubt that will happen. In a way, I think JUDDD is a good plan to make sure that won't happen. JUDDD can teach you how to prevent that from happening.
LOL you hit the nail RIGHT on the head! That is exactly how I feel about it. But you also gave me a ton of good advice...and you are right that my carb phobia is not exactly what Dr. Atkins would have intended! I have more or less kept my carbs to 20 or under daily since beginning this last summer. I guess that my fears about reintroducing any come from how I had to cut them to control diabetes (my diagnosis blood sugar levels were sky high and I had to get them down fast, which meant cutting carbs...I started to lose weight and was SHOCKED because I had tried all my life to lose with no success! so I continued and here I am today...healthier and happier than I have ever been...and since carbs were the source of all that misery...I fear them!). On the other hand, when I have had 'cheats' (like while on vacation) I have kept it very moderate-maybe a special bread at dinner but all other meals during the day were low carb. Or potatoes, but again, all other meals low carb. This worked for me in the sense that I have never come back from any trip with an extra pound. I usually (surprisingly) lose after such episodes, but during the trip, when I have no scale access, I get apprehensive about the weight I *might* be gaining.

Anyhow, thank you so much for your guidance...I have got to read up a little on the plan today and then I will be back with more questions, I am sure
Old 10-15-2011, 07:50 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh!! Question already! When I use the calculator to figure out my calorie level should I be using my weight now or my ideal weight?
Old 10-15-2011, 07:57 AM   #11

Quote:
Oh!! Question already! When I use the calculator to figure out my calorie level should I be using my weight now or my ideal weight?
Most of us have used our current weight. But if you are using the JUDDD site to get your UD numbers, know that most of us think it gives a *too generous* number. So we take it upon ourselves to cut that down a bit. LOL I did just from the standpoint that I didn't think my metabolism was quite up to par.. else why was I so fat?

The other thing that we kind of need to do is not fool ourselves into thinking that we get more *exercise* than we really do. Folks who truly get in really good, hard, sweating hours of exercise each week know who they are, but for most of us, that lovely walk each evening doesn't really qualify us to choose a higher level of exercise on the calorie calculator.

Plus, you have to start somewhere.. at some calorie number, but if you aren't getting results from having set it a bit too high, you can always tweak it down a little if you find it's set too high.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/136/135, 53 yo
WOE: Paleo/Whole30
Start Date: 12/02
Stardust--a fair number of us do JUDDD and stay with low carb as well. I stay in ketosis, because I feel the best when I'm in ketosis.

On my DDs, I eat one meal and keep fat calories high, because staying in ketosis keeps me from being hungry and light-headed.

On my UDs, I eat 3 meals (no snacks) and I stay with low carb, but at a higher level on the Atkins progression than I could be at without JUDDD. So on UD, I eat all the non-starchy veggies I like, including beets, carrots, winter squash. I eat berries and some other fruits (we have an organic fruit and vegetable farm). For example, I find that if I eat more than just a few Concord grapes, I swing out of ketosis and get too hungry. Same with more than half an apple. But I can use a fair bit of apple pomace on UD, if I eat it with fat. (Apple pomace is what's left over after we press the cider from the apples. It's delicious and full of fiber, but much lower in sugar because the juice is out of it. We used to give it to our hens, but then I realized that it's delicious if you cook it for a little while--just like apple sauce. So now I make muffins and other treats with it, and add it to sour cream for dessert).

I've LCed for 9 years, and for 8 years I managed to stay within 3 lbs of goal. But as I reached menopause, I gained 10 lbs without really changing my eating or exercise habits. I struggled for a while trying to lose the weight without much success, until I found intermittent fasting and now JUDDD. JUDDD gives me a bit more flexibility than intermittent fasting (which required that every day I eat only in a 5 hour window. Great when I could do it, but on days that my travel or social life didn't allow me to easily stay within that window, it was frustrating).

As SoHappy writes so eloquently, JUDDD allows you a lot of flexibility. I like ketosis, so I stay in ketosis while I JUDDD. Many others do not; what works best for you will be something you find with a little experimentation.

Good luck!

Last edited by tiva; 10-15-2011 at 08:12 AM..
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:18 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Strangely, one of my problems lately has been getting into ketosis at all! Despite eating 20 grams carbs, I always, without fail, test negative for ketones I do like the feeling of ketosis though! When I can get in it, it is great!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Just wanted to say Stardustshadow! I'm new at JUDDD and have lost 2 pounds. I was having slow loss on my LC plan, but was at the point where I had 5# to go and wanted to try JUDDD as a maintenance life plan. So far so good!

I'm also glad others are JUDDD'g that have blood sugar/diabetes/hypo issues because that was a concern of mine too. I don't mind increasing carbs (was keeping it 30 net carbs or less on my LC plan) and went up to 60 carbs on my first UD without blood sugar probs or gaining (in fact I lost!). I made sure to "buffer" the carby stuff with fats and protein just in case.

I also try to keep my carb load/insulin release at a lower level per meal. For example, on LC, I tried not to eat more than 10 - 12 net carbs per meal. On my first UD of JUDDD, I had a meal with about 20 net carbs and seemed to have no problem.

In your knowledge and experience, is that the right way to go about it for a person with blood sugar issues - if you're going to eat carbs, have fat/protein with it to help soften the blow of insulin spike? And try to monitor the carb load at each meal?

I don't know all the stuff about this that I should. I have insulin resistance and am on Metformin since my early 30s, when my doctor's office called after a blood test and told me to pick up the prescription - there was no real information given to me, just that something showed up a little higher than they like. I researched on my own, and I have pcos too, so it all goes together. I don't monitor my blood sugar though I probably should. Back when I was monitoring it, it was at good levels. Now I go by how I feel after a meal, especially in the afternoon and early evening.

You don't have to eat refined carbs on UD if you don't want to, or you can make it a special occasion thing.

MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Sophiethecat (funny I used to have a cat called Sophie! I miss her...)

Anyhow, you are doing EXACTLY the right thing with your carb load. It is always best to include fat and protein with the carbs, because it will cause less of a spike in blood sugar and cause the carbs to be taken up by the blood stream slower.
Also, if you have access to a blood sugar monitor (I know the strips are really expensive!) you can see how certain foods effect you. Not all carbs are created equal, and different carbs effect different people differently For example, I am very wheat sensitive. I will get a much higher spike from something containing wheat than a whole bowl of rice. So you can always test after eating individual foods to see which ones have the worst effect on your body. I have also found that after losing so much weight, my diabetes is quite minimal. I could, in theory eat a LOT of things without a blood sugar spike. I won't say I'm cured (and I don't believe you can ever BE cured, but your pancreas can rest), because if I ate pure sugar, I think I would still have a problem and if I ate a high carb diet every day, my blood sugar would eventually spin out of control. But the occasional carb does not seem to hurt me much!
Old 10-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #16
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
to the "dark side" as I call it! Most LCers are very hesitate to try JUDDD or any other WOE that means they will have the option of bringing in higher carbs, if they so decide to. It's like Pat and yourself said; "So afraid to undo all you have done to get as far as you have". I have followed your progress, also, and even though you and I haven't always seen eye to eye on LC, I have always admired where you have gotten to in your weight loss.

LC became a problem for me in the end. I had to keep tweaking, and then I went as low as I thought I needed to go, and was starting to gain weight. Here is the thread on it and what happened: Am I At The Point In My Life/Age Where I Have to Restrict EVERYTHING ? It's a long thread but toward the end you will see how I came over to JUDDD in desperation to try to stop the gain without having to eliminate everything but meat/eggs/dairy, and the rest is amazing weight loss history. I'm now at the point that I want to stop losing and am now adding more cals in to do this.

I found this WOE the "perfect fit" for me and I can never imagine myself doing anything other than this WOE. I am a "JUDDD lifer" now and there are no other options for me. I do a moderate LC WOE still, but have gone up to 175g of carbs on some UDs without an issue in my weight at all. I found carbs were NOT my enemy anymore, and I the freedom that a JUDDD WOE gives me to be able to "HAVE MY CAKE AND EAT IT, TOO" if I am so inclined.

Hope you find JUDDD to your liking as much as a lot of us do. The wonderful thing about this plan is the flexibility it gives us to do it the way it fits us! Many, especially myself, have tweaked to make it easier on us for DD calories and it still seems to work it's magic, somehow!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Just curious, Beeb...when you go as high as 175 carbs...do you gain a large amount of water weight the next day? I hear of some on the main forum going up 8lbs overnight!

I have only went as high as 73 (after doing 25 on regular low carb) and have noticed no water weight at all...just the small amount of body weigh after eating a lot of UD food!

Is it the case that not everyone puts on a lot of water weight after carbing up? Just like some react badly to high carb by feeling ill...and some dont?

hugs
jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good question! I have never really noticed a water gain after eating carbs...I wonder if it is just some of us who don't?

Wow, Beeb, cool story! I am so happy that JUDDD has worked so well for you!! Your avi looks great, too!. I remember that thread....how great that you found the answer!

I'm getting more and more convinced to give JUDDD a try!
Old 10-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Also...AMAZING that you can do 175 carbs a day now. I mean, wow.

I have been eating 20 or less every day for over a year, and it is hard for me to imagine anything else!
Old 10-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Just curious, Beeb...when you go as high as 175 carbs...do you gain a large amount of water weight the next day? I hear of some on the main forum going up 8lbs overnight!

I have only went as high as 73 (after doing 25 on regular low carb) and have noticed no water weight at all...just the small amount of body weigh after eating a lot of UD food!

Is it the case that not everyone puts on a lot of water weight after carbing up? Just like some react badly to high carb by feeling ill...and some dont?

hugs
jo
x
Not at all, just a normal water weight gain for me. I always gain 1 or a tiny bit more on my UDs. It's my "norm" now and I expect it. The thing is after the following down day I'm right back down and lately a little more weight is off. I truly think we become carb sensitive the longer we do LC, Pat wrote something about this on here somewhere, and I totally agree with her theory. The lower I went the more I gained because if I put 1 bite of bread in my mouth I was up a pound or 2 the next day. I was so carb sensitive that I was eliminating whole food groups to try to lose my last bit of weight, but it wasn't working, as you know from reading my posts/threads. I have never had this problem with JUDDD. It's just the normal bouncing ball on the stairs thing for me now. And let me tell you, a lot of those 175g of carbs were higher carb foods like rice and wheat. And it was still no problem for me in much higher weight gain the next day! But I think it's because I'm no longer carb sensitive and my body is reacting the way it was meant to react now on a higher carb/alternate day calorie restricted WOE.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

And what Beeb said reminds me of a T-shirt I saw once...
'Come to the dark side...
......we have cookies!'

LOL
Old 10-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Good question! I have never really noticed a water gain after eating carbs...I wonder if it is just some of us who don't?

Wow, Beeb, cool story! I am so happy that JUDDD has worked so well for you!! Your avi looks great, too!. I remember that thread....how great that you found the answer!

I'm getting more and more convinced to give JUDDD a try!
I'm to see you over on the "DARK SIDE" soon!

Quote:
Also...AMAZING that you can do 175 carbs a day now. I mean, wow.

I have been eating 20 or less every day for over a year, and it is hard for me to imagine anything else!
Quite a few are veggie/fruit carbs but quite a few are rice/grain/starchy veggie carbs, too. I just do so well at a higher carb level for some reason.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:05 PM   #23

Quote:
......we have cookies!'

LOL
Yes, and on JUDDD's "DARK SIDE" you can have those cookies if you choose to!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

He he....I think you are doing a good job of winning me over. I am reading the thread you posted (the one I remember seeing from the end of July) and it is really making an impact. And giving me hope again, too. I've been stagnating so long despite doing SO much. It has taken me 6 months to lose 5 pounds...so ridiculous! And that was during my heavy running period this summer, where I was running races at least every other weekend, and training several times a week. Despite being stuck for so long I have kept at it, but I don't want to give up all hope of attaining a truly healthy weight, especially being so close!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
......we have cookies!'

LOL
OMG...I want a tshirt with that on the front! perfect for the gym....and perhaps "brought to you by JUDDD" on the back....

jo
x
Old 10-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
OMG...I want a tshirt with that on the front! perfect for the gym....and perhaps "brought to you by JUDDD" on the back....

jo
x
Ha ha! That would be torture to many But maybe informative, too.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #27

Quote:
He he....I think you are doing a good job of winning me over. I am reading the thread you posted (the one I remember seeing from the end of July) and it is really making an impact. And giving me hope again, too. I've been stagnating so long despite doing SO much. It has taken me 6 months to lose 5 pounds...so ridiculous! And that was during my heavy running period this summer, where I was running races at least every other weekend, and training several times a week. Despite being stuck for so long I have kept at it, but I don't want to give up all hope of attaining a truly healthy weight, especially being so close!
Well, I'm happy that I could help you see how it's worked for me and others, too. You ARE so close, and here is a suggestion: Why not try JUDDD for 2 weeks, keeping to your LC WOE if you want. Many here still do and find it easy. DarlingNikki is one who does this, and very well, too. Tweak the DD calories, if you want (most of us have) to a level that is still good for weight loss, but not so crazy low that it makes you concerned you will suffer on it. I used the 45% weight loss/maintenance suggestions on the JUDDD site, and I lost wonderfully well on those numbers. After 2 weeks if it's just not doing it for you, you can always go back to straight LC or look around for something else, but at least you gave it a try!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, now I am checking out the 'what are we eating' thread...I have to see what people do on the down days, and figure out how I would work that into my way of life...I could probably handle it. I would exercise on my up days (running or weights).

Gotta check out the menus though. And I'm undecided about which carb level to try (though maybe i'd start out lower carb, but allow some fruit on down days because of the calorie restriction, then give myself a few extra carbs on an up day (like a bowl of rice or a piece of whole rye bread), and see what happens after a week...does that sound like an OK plan?) Gosh I am terrified of these carbs!!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Well, I'm happy that I could help you see how it's worked for me and others, too. You ARE so close, and here is a suggestion: Why not try JUDDD for 2 weeks, keeping to your LC WOE if you want. Many here still do and find it easy. DarlingNikki is one who does this, and very well, too. Tweak the DD calories, if you want (most of us have) to a level that is still good for weight loss, but not so crazy low that it makes you concerned you will suffer on it. I used the 45% weight loss/maintenance suggestions on the JUDDD site, and I lost wonderfully well on those numbers. After 2 weeks if it's just not doing it for you, you can always go back to straight LC or look around for something else, but at least you gave it a try!
I think that is a great suggestion...to try it for a couple weeks. Even if I had 'cheats' every day for two weeks on LC (like when I go on vacation) the damage is non existent or minimal...so I guess it can't hurt me. And it is a risk worth taking!! I'd be thrilled to pieces if it worked. Only 20 pounds to go until 'normal', and 30 if I want to be 'ideal' weight wise...I need some magic right now, maybe JUDDD is the right formula for success.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

I second Beebs advice!

I lost most of my weigh on low fat/high carb. Switched to atkins as I found the deprivation on low cal made me binge/bulimic.

Well, thankfully the bulimia stopped dead on low carb..but after losing a few pounds...so did the weight loss!

Thanks to Beeb and Sohappy popping up often and talking about juddd on the main forum, I started Juddd about 7 weeks ago, at 143.75....today I am 136.25...7.5 lbs down..1.25...to go!

I said I would give it a month...think I will be giving it a LOT longer!

Commit for 2 weeks....I will put money on the fact you will break that stall!

hugs
Jo
x

Last edited by Joedi; 10-17-2011 at 01:25 PM..