Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Hey guys! Queenie, how cool that we are starting the same day! We can compare our journeys with JUDDD!

So I have had a very *guilty* feeling lunch of chicken cordon bleu with cottage cheese and hokkaido pumpkin. It was delicious. The best part is that my blood sugar was *completely* perfect at under 100 at both 1 and 2 hours after eating. So far I am planning on keeping the carbs to under 100 for the day (as low as I can while getting my cals in). The carb/cal allowance is the hardest thing for me to wrap my head around so far!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Queenie324
Stats: 249.9/194/150 5'7
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 10/18/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post
Hey guys! Queenie, how cool that we are starting the same day! We can compare our journeys with JUDDD!

So I have had a very *guilty* feeling lunch of chicken cordon bleu with cottage cheese and hokkaido pumpkin. It was delicious. The best part is that my blood sugar was *completely* perfect at under 100 at both 1 and 2 hours after eating. So far I am planning on keeping the carbs to under 100 for the day (as low as I can while getting my cals in). The carb/cal allowance is the hardest thing for me to wrap my head around so far!
OK, so we are to track our carbs and calories? Wow....I need to go update my ****** lol!
Queenie324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:

I completely understand the at first from the carb/calorie allowance! It seems too good to be true, doesn't it? Sounds like you had an awesome meal, and the "guilt" will go away, at least it already has for me. Not the WONDER of it though, that on UD I can eat anything

Enjoy!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:05 AM   #64
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:

The will go away as soon and your brain will adjust to eating like this as you see how you are losing the weight on JUDDD. I call it "magic" because it just doesn't make sense, but it works somehow and that is a GOOD thing! I love how your blood sugar was good, too. That says a lot about this WOE to me, and I'm hoping it continues that way for you through your journey!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, 1/2 day of first UD gone. So far ****** tells me I've had 859 cal, 60.2 carbs, 53.5 from fat and 39.3 from protein.

Now, I'm suppose to have no more then 1972 cal, so I have close to 1000 calories left for the day, which seems like a lot.

I am full, although not stuffed. I had 2 eggs w/mayo and cheese, half bagel for breakfast.

Lunch was 1/2 wrap with less then an ounce of lunch meat, mustard, lettuce and 2 bites of a tomato with 2 peppercini's. Maybe I'm not eating enough? Or I should snack around 3pm with fruit?

Just looking to see if I'm doing ok so far.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. - Phillippians 4:13

I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie324 View Post
Well, 1/2 day of first UD gone. So far ****** tells me I've had 859 cal, 60.2 carbs, 53.5 from fat and 39.3 from protein.

Now, I'm suppose to have no more then 1972 cal, so I have close to 1000 calories left for the day, which seems like a lot.

I am full, although not stuffed. I had 2 eggs w/mayo and cheese, half bagel for breakfast.

Lunch was 1/2 wrap with less then an ounce of lunch meat, mustard, lettuce and 2 bites of a tomato with 2 peppercini's. Maybe I'm not eating enough? Or I should snack around 3pm with fruit?

Just looking to see if I'm doing ok so far.
Eat more! 1/2 a wrap? Why not the whole wrap? An ounce of lunch meat? Why not more with some cheese, too? You really should get close to those UD calories! It really IS a science and it works as suggested. You will need those calories for tomorrow's DD to help not to be hungry.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Eat more! 1/2 a wrap? Why not the whole wrap? An ounce of lunch meat? Why not more with some cheese, too? You really should get close to those UD calories! It really IS a science and it works as suggested. You will need those calories for tomorrow's DD to help not to be hungry.
That's why I asked. I was afraid I was not eating enough. I feel like.....I'm cheating.

OK, off to see if there is another 1/2 wrap!!!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Yep, Queenie, get those UD calories in or as close to it as you possibly can. *cracks whip* Eat, girl, eat!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK, I am eating a second 1/2 wrap and a bag of chips....that upped my calorie intake!

I'm not a snacker so I have plenty of calories left for dinner.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie324 View Post
That's why I asked. I was afraid I was not eating enough. I feel like.....I'm cheating.

OK, off to see if there is another 1/2 wrap!!!!!
GO EAT!! And enjoy every single bite! You are NOT cheating but working the plan as suggested and intended! I just posted a thread on JUDDD for a reminder for ALL of us! I STILL forget that I can EAT and that I NEED to eat!

But it's getting better everyday!!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tell me about it...it was a challenge to eat as much as I needed to today (did it though!) but I could get used to this! Especially if the carbs don't make me gain (my big fear!!!). DD tomorrow....wish me luck!
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
I hope this breaks your stall! It's a very livable plan - whether you do up days with or without carbs.

Good luck!
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Good luck, stardustshadow! Have a great DD! Have you got it planned out yet?
Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
I still have 800 calories left but I dont feel like eating. I already feel like I had so much because of my grilled sandwich today. I am at 87 net carbs so i am making a low carb chicken dish, baked chicken smothered in mushroom gravy sauce. yum! i just feel like I have to force myself to eat, which seems so weird.

i am going to see how i am feeling tomorrow on my second DD because i am starting to wonder if i overdid the carbs today? i had a major energy crash about half an hour after eating my grilled sourdough sandwhich which packed a whopping 64 net carbs??
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
I still have 800 calories left but I dont feel like eating. I already feel like I had so much because of my grilled sandwich today. I am at 87 net carbs so i am making a low carb chicken dish, baked chicken smothered in mushroom gravy sauce. yum! i just feel like I have to force myself to eat, which seems so weird.

i am going to see how i am feeling tomorrow on my second DD because i am starting to wonder if i overdid the carbs today? i had a major energy crash about half an hour after eating my grilled sourdough sandwhich which packed a whopping 64 net carbs??
You and your body are adding carbs that you are not use to. Be patient and give yourself some time to adjust! I find I have SO much energy now I'm looking for things to do!!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
You and your body are adding carbs that you are not use to. Be patient and give yourself some time to adjust! I find I have SO much energy now I'm looking for things to do!!
Thanks Linda. I had my full calories for my UD, I am stuffed. I just hope I didn't pick a to high of an UD calorie amount. I guess I will know for sure in a week or so.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
Thanks Linda. I had my full calories for my UD, I am stuffed. I just hope I didn't pick a to high of an UD calorie amount. I guess I will know for sure in a week or so.
If I can remember right your calorie numbers look just fine. Just let JUDDD do it's "magic" and see what happens next week. I don't think you will need to tweak at all.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:07 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Good luck, stardustshadow! Have a great DD! Have you got it planned out yet?
Hugs
Jo
X
Thanks Jo! I do have it planned, more or less. I figured out cals for several foods I have in the house, so I have a free choice between those foods. I am going for 100 cals breakfast (ate this already), 100 cals lunch, a 100 cal snack and 200 cals dinner. I am also drinking a lot of liquids (diet beverages, water, unsweetened ice tea, maybe hot tea at night) to help add to a feeling of fullness. We'll see what happens. So far it is not bad, but a 100 cal breakfast would not be unusual for me on a normal day.

Interestingly, I did weigh myself this morning (I KNOW, bad girl!) and had NO GAIN from my UD...I actually LOST 900 grams (1.9 pounds). Yes, that weight is within my normal 'flux range' these past couple months, but it has been my lowest weight, and not something I expected to see after a day of indulgence.Odd, huh? Maybe my body appreciated the cals!

Last edited by stardustshadow; 10-19-2011 at 02:11 AM..
Old 10-19-2011, 04:23 AM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Interestingly, I did weigh myself this morning (I KNOW, bad girl!) and had NO GAIN from my UD...I actually LOST 900 grams (1.9 pounds). Yes, that weight is within my normal 'flux range' these past couple months, but it has been my lowest weight, and not something I expected to see after a day of indulgence.Odd, huh? Maybe my body appreciated the cals!
That's how my first week was, a loss after every day, even up days. But then, things got more on an even down/up keel!

Congrats on your progress so far, sounds like you are almost into new territory.
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:08 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah...hopefully this DD will pay off and I will reach an all time low on the scale tomorrow...that thougt is keeping me going
Old 10-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #81

Quote:
Thanks Jo! I do have it planned, more or less. I figured out cals for several foods I have in the house, so I have a free choice between those foods. I am going for 100 cals breakfast (ate this already), 100 cals lunch, a 100 cal snack and 200 cals dinner. I am also drinking a lot of liquids (diet beverages, water, unsweetened ice tea, maybe hot tea at night) to help add to a feeling of fullness. We'll see what happens. So far it is not bad, but a 100 cal breakfast would not be unusual for me on a normal day.

Sounds like you are really the JUDDD plan! WTG on the loss, too and I would bet a donut that you will see more weight loss tomorrow! I'm for you!!