Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #31
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post
I think that is a great suggestion...to try it for a couple weeks. Even if I had 'cheats' every day for two weeks on LC (like when I go on vacation) the damage is non existent or minimal...so I guess it can't hurt me. And it is a risk worth taking!! I'd be thrilled to pieces if it worked. Only 20 pounds to go until 'normal', and 30 if I want to be 'ideal' weight wise...I need some magic right now, maybe JUDDD is the right formula for success.
When you look at the menus you will see lots of veggies/fruits on DDs. That is where most of the carbs usually come from for most people. I know lots of my carbs on the DDs are from these products. I really think you are going to JUDDD. Most "give it a try" and never leave!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Oh, I so love a challenge You all seem so happy with this WOE...I simply HAVE to try it!! So OK you have convinced me!! I'M IN!!!!

Now, I should start with a DD...then basically do this...
DD
UD
DD
UD
DD
UD
MD
??

And somebody help me figure out calorie level. I don't mind TRYING 500 on my first DD to see if it would work for me. If it is too low I can tweak on my next DD and bring it up to 600 or 700.

But how about the UD? How many cals should I be aiming for? Or should I not think much about them but just eat a 'normal' amount of food? (I am thinking I should track). Should I be using a calorie calculator to figure this out?
Old 10-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
When you look at the menus you will see lots of veggies/fruits on DDs. That is where most of the carbs usually come from for most people. I know lots of my carbs on the DDs are from these products. I really think you are going to JUDDD. Most "give it a try" and never leave!
Oh, I noticed that right away! I saw that you had a peach
I'd love to have a peach. It would be the most decadent thing in the world right now
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #34

Quote:
Oh, I so love a challenge You all seem so happy with this WOE...I simply HAVE to try it!! So OK you have convinced me!! I'M IN!!!!

Now, I should start with a DD...then basically do this...
DD
UD
DD
UD
DD
UD
MD
??

And somebody help me figure out calorie level. I don't mind TRYING 500 on my first DD to see if it would work for me. If it is too low I can tweak on my next DD and bring it up to 600 or 700.

But how about the UD? How many cals should I be aiming for? Or should I not think much about them but just eat a 'normal' amount of food? (I am thinking I should track). Should I be using a calorie calculator to figure this out?
I would like to suggest an UD first, just to get lots of food in there to make the first DD easier (this is what worked for me, but I'm just suggesting, not telling you that you should do it this way). Have you gone to the JUDDD site (just google JUDDD)? There is a calculator on there that will help you to see what calories for DD and UD you will need or could use. Check it out, and remember, the cals can be tweaked. Lots of us have. I used the 45% formula, some use the 20%. It all depends on what YOU know you can handle.

AND to the "DARK SIDE"!! SO to have you here!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 10-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you!! I'm actually really excited to be trying this!
I can see the wisdom in starting with a UD. Especially since my 'plan' of UD/DD works well for starting the cycle with a DD on monday...and tomorrow is Tuesday! I have looked at the official site...but going back there right now to get the 'figures' on calories. I'd like to at least have guidelines when I figure this out. Then I'll go to ****** or something and figure out some menus!

Woo hoo!! DARK side here I come!! I am SO hoping to be able to come back here in 2 weeks and give you (beeb) and SoHappy HUGE thank yous!
Old 10-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

the calculator says....
Up days 1908 cals (wow, that is MORE than reasonable!)
DD...382 (I assume I can start trying 500 and that would still be OK? or should I go all out and stick with 382?)
Old 10-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
What percentage are your DD cals based on? I started on more than 35%...now do about 30%

personally I wouldnt start on less than 500...I started on about 650! It gives you time to work out what works for you hunger wise...those of us coming from low carb need a few days to get used to low cal again!

Once you get in the swing of your low cal...usually higher carb DD's, then it is easier and gentler to lower those cals down abit...if you even need to! I have never purposely went under 450!

jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"

Last edited by Joedi; 10-17-2011 at 12:43 PM..
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
What percentage are your DD cals based on? I started on more than 35%...now do about 30%

personally I wouldnt start on less than 500...I started on about 650! It gives you time to work out what works for you hunger wise...those of coming from low carb need a few days to get used to low cal again!

jo
x
I took the lowest setting...20%. Lets see what it says at higher %s!
Old 10-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, so 25% gives me 477 for a DD (we could round that up to 500)
Old 10-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

sounds like a plan! Even try 30%...its very good for morale to have those few extra calories around...and if you DONT use them...well that is very satisfying too...I use ************...and it is always nicer to see that number a fraction under on DD's...mentally anyway!

And, after a DD...you will be amazed at just HOW MUCH food 1900 cals feels like....you will eat like a queen!

So glad you are joining us!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So Joedi (I hope to be coming back here to give you a big thank you soon, too!) do you eat the max (1908 for me) cals on your UD? Oh my, this is a whole new adventure!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

And so, the question is... if I do an UD tomorrow...WHAT DO I EAT?! The openness of that question is boggling to the mind. The possibilities....yikes. wow. awesome. terrifying!!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #43

Quote:
So Joedi (I hope to be coming back here to give you a big thank you soon, too!) do you eat the max (1908 for me) cals on your UD? Oh my, this is a whole new adventure!
Not Joedi but want to suggest that you DO eat up to or at least close to those UD calories. THIS is what keeps us going on our DDs. And I think doing the 500 or even 600 for your DDs will be a great place to start. I was chicken so I started at 700, but never really got pass that and then it got lower and lower till some days I was eating closer to 500 and not 700.

Remember, eat those UD cals to keep you going on you DD. You will be happy you did. Less on your UDs is not really good thing with JUDDD!

So excited to have you here! Make sure you introduce yourself in the Newbie thread!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Not Joedi but want to suggest that you DO eat up to or at least close to those UD calories. THIS is what keeps us going on our DDs. And I think doing the 500 or even 600 for your DDs will be a great place to start. I was chicken so I started at 700, but never really got pass that and then it got lower and lower till some days I was eating closer to 500 and not 700.

Remember, eat those UD cals to keep you going on you DD. You will be happy you did. Less on your UDs is not really good thing with JUDDD!

So excited to have you here! Make sure you introduce yourself in the Newbie thread!
Thanks, beeb!! I figured it might work on that principal (sorta like the load days on HcG)....
Oh my gosh, I am so excited!!! Thank you for all of your help!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #45

Quote:
Thanks, beeb!! I figured it might work on that principal (sorta like the load days on HcG)....
Oh my gosh, I am so excited!!! Thank you for all of your help!
Old 10-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Hi Sophiethecat (funny I used to have a cat called Sophie! I miss her...)

Anyhow, you are doing EXACTLY the right thing with your carb load. It is always best to include fat and protein with the carbs, because it will cause less of a spike in blood sugar and cause the carbs to be taken up by the blood stream slower.
Also, if you have access to a blood sugar monitor (I know the strips are really expensive!) you can see how certain foods effect you. Not all carbs are created equal, and different carbs effect different people differently For example, I am very wheat sensitive. I will get a much higher spike from something containing wheat than a whole bowl of rice. So you can always test after eating individual foods to see which ones have the worst effect on your body. I have also found that after losing so much weight, my diabetes is quite minimal. I could, in theory eat a LOT of things without a blood sugar spike. I won't say I'm cured (and I don't believe you can ever BE cured, but your pancreas can rest), because if I ate pure sugar, I think I would still have a problem and if I ate a high carb diet every day, my blood sugar would eventually spin out of control. But the occasional carb does not seem to hurt me much!
Thanks for the confirmation on the blood sugar thing. Also, I think I will get new supplies for my monitor and check my blood sugar now and again to see how it's doing. That would be interesting, not to mention useful to see how different carbs are affecting me, like you said.

I have gone up to about 90 carbs in one day so far (not all of them refined) and still have lost weight on JUDDD. It was scary to increase the carbs at first, but it seemed to be the best thing for me. It's not like I'm gorging on hundreds and hundreds of carbs per day, but still, even doubling them from 30 to 60 was a bit nerve-wracking at first. So far so good.

Glad you are here, btw
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
And so, the question is... if I do an UD tomorrow...WHAT DO I EAT?! The openness of that question is boggling to the mind. The possibilities....yikes. wow. awesome. terrifying!!
Believe me, I understand coming from a strict LC plan and having the insulin issues!

I tried to start my first day as a DD AFTER I'd already had a fatty/caloric LC b'fast, so I ended up making it a MD, then had an UD, then a DD.... It's very flexible, as you'll soon find out

My only trouble so far is thinking of all these things I want on my DD and then when my UD comes, I hardly eat! Isn't that silly? I have to make myself eat enough calories on UD. You'd think I'd be wanting to eat, eat, eat!! I almost feel like my body/brain has these UD/DD in reverse. I don't think it's just me that's like that. Hopefully it straightens itself out soon.

Oh, I do think it's very important to get all your calories in on UD or as close as you can get, for this program to work right.

Keep us updated!
Old 10-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Just coming back to this thread! It's my oldest ds's 16th birthday tomorrow, and I have been Pressie wrapping!

Yes, I do eat up to my UD limits... By checking a few online calorie estimators, my cals are about 1750.... this is about 1000 less than the juddd one gives me... Many say it tends to give an over generous amount!
I have been anywhere between 1650 and 1850, and have noticed no difference weightloss wise.
I do try to keep them up.... I want a nice fast metabolism when I go into maintainence!..
also, I am trying to see just how much I can eat and still lose!

As to the what to eat....I am moderate carb well under 100 ... my carbs are a bit higher on Dd's due to veggies and lower fat, but they vary from day to day. between about 35 and 75.

I have kept a little notebook with a record of the cals/carbs/ fat for each day, with my weight the next morning next to it. So far, I can see no pattern to my losses.... I have lost as often after a low carb day as I have after a high carb one!

I would recommend doing this, as everyone is different, and by doing it you will quickly see what is working for you.

Hope this is of some help!

Keep your fingers crossed for me..my first eating out day on juddd for me tomorrow... DS has chosen a Chinese buffet for his birthday dinner... Eeek!

Hugs
Jo
X

Last edited by Joedi; 10-17-2011 at 04:11 PM..
Old 10-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Just coming back to this thread! It's my oldest ds's 16th birthday tomorrow, and I have been Pressie wrapping!

Yes, I do eat up to my UD limits... By checking a few online calorie estimators, my cals are about 1750.... this is about 1000 less than the juddd one gives me... Many say it tends to give an over generous amount!
I have been anywhere between 1650 and 1850, and have noticed no difference weightloss wise.
I do try to keep them up.... I want a nice fast metabolism when I go into maintainence!..
also, I am trying to see just how much I can eat and still lose!

As to the what to eat....I am moderate carb well under 100 ... my carbs are a bit higher on Dd's due to veggies and lower fat, but they vary from day to day. between about 35 and 75.

I have kept a little notebook with a record of the cals/carbs/ fat for each day, with my weight the next morning next to it. So far, I can see no pattern to my losses.... I have lost as often after a low carb day as I have after a high carb one!

I would recommend doing this, as everyone is different, and by doing it you will quickly see what is working for you.

Hope this is of some help!

Keep your fingers crossed for me..my first eating out day on juddd for me tomorrow... DS has chosen a Chinese buffet for his birthday dinner... Eeek!

Hugs
Jo
X
We're going to a Chinese buffet as well tonight! I'm just going to eat plenty of the meats and veggies and add the carby things as I feel inclined to eat them
Old 10-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

My plan exactly! Hope you enjoy every bite. Let us know how it went!
Hugs
Jo
X
Old 10-17-2011, 11:48 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, here we go...1st day of JUDDD....
I had 2 fried eggs and a CIABATTA BUN for breakfast. It was very shocking to eat such a thing. 385 cals total. The bread item is a really unusual thing for me (we need to get more healthy breads in the house now, since my husband has been the only one eating bread for 1.5 years, I have had no say in it!) because of the higher carbs...but it was indulgent and I am keeping the carbs MODERATE today, not low. I will also be monitoring my blood glucose to see how my body reacts (and of course eating proteins and fats whenever I eat a carb). My goodness this is exciting. But I am really scared, too. Right now it feels like a vacation day. Something in my brain keeps telling me 'you CANNOT EAT THAT and STILL lose weight!'. Then I keep telling myself...just wait until tomorrow when you get about 500 cals..you will feel like you are on a diet then!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Thanks for the confirmation on the blood sugar thing. Also, I think I will get new supplies for my monitor and check my blood sugar now and again to see how it's doing. That would be interesting, not to mention useful to see how different carbs are affecting me, like you said.

I have gone up to about 90 carbs in one day so far (not all of them refined) and still have lost weight on JUDDD. It was scary to increase the carbs at first, but it seemed to be the best thing for me. It's not like I'm gorging on hundreds and hundreds of carbs per day, but still, even doubling them from 30 to 60 was a bit nerve-wracking at first. So far so good.

Glad you are here, btw
Thanks!! It is good to know that you have still lost, despite going that high up with the carbs. I will see what happens with me...(so nervous!).

Let me know what happens when you check your blood glucose!
Old 10-18-2011, 12:09 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Just keep your DD cals tight, and enjoy your UD's!
I had peanut m&m's at 12pm the other night...and am still losing slowly!

Are you a daily weigher? Juddd can cause a few bounces on the scales, esp at first, but those bounces go in a nice downward direction!

And remember...millions of slim happy people will be having a modest 2 eggs in a bun for breakkie....and remaining slim and happy! You are now one of them!
Hugs
Jo
X
Old 10-18-2011, 03:17 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Hi, Stardust! I just wanted to say welcome to JUDDD! I have been pleased with this WOE so far. I just decided one day that I was going to try it and made the next day (sept 27) a DD. I just have always tried to keep my DDs to 500 calories...it did feel a little scary at first. But I viewed it as a challenge (still do), to see how creative I could be with those 500 calories and see how much I could stretch out those calories and be satisfied. It wasn't nearly as hard as I had imagined it would be.

Your brekkie sounds wonderful! Glad you enjoyed it! I'm on an UD today, too. I'm off to go plan my calories! Have a great day!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:29 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Hi, Stardust! I just wanted to say welcome to JUDDD! I have been pleased with this WOE so far. I just decided one day that I was going to try it and made the next day (sept 27) a DD. I just have always tried to keep my DDs to 500 calories...it did feel a little scary at first. But I viewed it as a challenge (still do), to see how creative I could be with those 500 calories and see how much I could stretch out those calories and be satisfied. It wasn't nearly as hard as I had imagined it would be.

Your brekkie sounds wonderful! Glad you enjoyed it! I'm on an UD today, too. I'm off to go plan my calories! Have a great day!!
WOW, nice losses for a month!! That is good to see! I am glad you are enjoying JUDDD...I am looking forward to seeing if I have the same feelings about my DDs I can't wait to be here in a few weeks with a good loss to show off! Congrats on your progress so far!
Old 10-18-2011, 04:32 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Just keep your DD cals tight, and enjoy your UD's!
I had peanut m&m's at 12pm the other night...and am still losing slowly!

Are you a daily weigher? Juddd can cause a few bounces on the scales, esp at first, but those bounces go in a nice downward direction!

And remember...millions of slim happy people will be having a modest 2 eggs in a bun for breakkie....and remaining slim and happy! You are now one of them!
Hugs
Jo
X
Thanks for the reassurance! I needed that! I am a daily weigher...but I have decided that I can weigh after my first DD, and then ONE WEEK LATER as to not let any scale bumps freak me out!

OMG what a revolutionary thought...remaining slim and getting to have a bun! I hope I am one of those people! It would be amazing.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:48 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
stardustshadow, good to see you here.

i'm loving JUDDD and jumped into after doing hcg, which i loved as well! great for losing quick and JUDDD is great for maintaining/slowly losing (for me anyway).

biggest thing i can recommend is DO NOT freak out if your weight goes up tomorrow after you UD today! you will most likely see a nice drop after your DD the next day.

this past weekend, sat was *supposed* to be a MD and it turned into an UD (need to plan better next weekend) sunday was an UD but also contained a lot more carbs thani normally eat. monday morning i was up on the scale 2.2 lbs!! yesterday was a DD and this morning, i was down 3.4 lbs! i really love this way of eating!

i do my DD's a little different than others do. i combine it with IF (intermittent fasting). i only drink liquids during the day and have one meal in the evening...around 400 cals. this method really teaches me about self-control which i need.

hope you have great success!
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:07 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Queenie324
Stats: 249.9/194/150 5'7
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 10/18/11
OK, not to hijack this thread, but I'm starting this today also!

I am going to have an UD today, then DD tomorrow. I have visited the site and know where my calories are suppose to be.

Here's a question.............I read that HCG allows you to lose fast....JUDDD slower. Is this true? In what I've been reading, it appears some are losing an average of 1 to 2.5/week.
Queenie324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:25 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie324 View Post
OK, not to hijack this thread, but I'm starting this today also!

I am going to have an UD today, then DD tomorrow. I have visited the site and know where my calories are suppose to be.

Here's a question.............I read that HCG allows you to lose fast....JUDDD slower. Is this true? In what I've been reading, it appears some are losing an average of 1 to 2.5/week.
So glad you have decided to join us!
Make sure to introduce yourself in the newbies thread!

From what i have read, HCG can be quicker than juddd for weightloss.
The difference is, with Juddd you are only holding your calories down every other day! On the other days, you are eating like a king!

I admire anyone who can stick to HCG....I can hold my cals low for a day...but any longer than that...I couldnt do it!

I have been juddding for 7 weeks, and losing a steady lb a week....I am SO happy with this, as I am only a couple of lbs from goal! Many juddders who are earlier on in their weightloss journey are losing much faster than that!

One of the happy side effects of Juddd is that is keeps your metabolism up!

For me, juddd is a woe that you can do for life....I cant imagine that you could do HCG cals for life without seriously damaging your metabolism!

You have did the right thing in reading all the older posts...I did this too...and there is SO much help in them!

Hope your first day goes well!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-18-2011, 06:51 AM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
you are correct...HCG is for quick weight loss. but it is INTENSE. i did 2 rounds and loved it in spite of the boring menu and low cals. but you know what? i can do *anything* for a minimum of 23 days!

so basically you need to decide if you want quick losses, yet very restrictive or less restrictive with slow losses.

HCG is not a WOE but a tool to get to your goal weight and then you maintain with a different WOE....be it LC, moderate carb, etc....it's really best to read the protocol for it which can be found by googling "pounds & inches" PDF.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote