Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #211
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie324 View Post
Started JUDDD on 10/18 so a week ago. I only weigh in once a week because I am a scale jumper so don't own one and weigh in on calibrated scales at work.

I am down 6.8 lbs this week!!!!!!!!
WHOOOO HOOOOOO!!! Congrats, Queenie!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #212
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lcklass
Quote:
Started JUDDD on 10/18 so a week ago. I only weigh in once a week because I am a scale jumper so don't own one and weigh in on calibrated scales at work.

Yay!!1 That's exciting!! I too am a once-a-week weigher because I too had scale issues in the past (had to break myself by going 3 months without weighing at all - I put on 10 pounds, but it was worth it to get rid of the obsession, lol).

Bonnie
Old 10-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #213
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:

Wow!! That is fantastic
Old 10-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #214

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Queenie324[/B];15116222]Started JUDDD on 10/18 so a week ago. I only weigh in once a week because I am a scale jumper so don't own one and weigh in on calibrated scales at work.

Whoa! You are my new hero! That's an amazing and fun weight loss, especially on just the every-other-day low calorie days of JUDDD. You are rockin' it!

Congratulations!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattt??!!!!

That's awesome!
Were you stalled before?
If so, that loss would be extra gratifying.
But even if you weren't, that is freaking impressive!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I think Pat's suggestion is excellent, if that works for you!

Things that came to mind as I read your post:
#1: You're close to goal, so maybe your plan (3 MDs) would work.

#2: Intermittent Fasting.
If you tend to go out Fri, Sat, & Sun, limit your eating (or at least most of it; you could maybe have some broth, protein shakes, coffee/tea with cream) to a window of 4 hours or so; I've heard of 6 hours as the max. This would give you time to nibble/drink at a party; or even to eat, exercise, and eat again, if you like to hike or whatever on weekends.

Friday would be an UD anyway, so you could do this just Sat & Sun.

#3: "Days" can be any 24-hour period
I read this on another JUDDD site earlier today;
If your schedule is erratic, you can choose a set time to switch.
So, let's say you pick 3pm; you would have an UD breakfast & lunch, then from 3pm til 3pm the next day, eat your DD calories, then have an UD dinner.
Similar to IF, but with a bigger window and some calories to get you through the "fasting".

I just don't know how, if you did it only on the weekends, this would merge with your weekdays.
Or perhaps this would work all week, even on your workout days, if you can function on low calories during the day, exercise, then eat a big dinner.

It might look like this: (bold is UD calories)
(tried to make a chart but the spacing got messed up )

B'FAST (Sunday)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Monday)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Tuesday)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Wed.)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Thurs)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Friday)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Saturday)
LUNCH
DINNER

I made it so you repeat the schedule Fri & Sat; you can eat out both nights and then have a nice brunch on Sunday! Sleep late on Saturday and it won't be hard at all!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
ETA: Tiva posted about IF while I was struggling with my little chart!

You have given me a lot to think about with your great ideas! Thanks so much!
I think that the 24-hour window idea would really work great for me! I have class on Tues and Thurs so I know it will be hard for me to do DD on those days, because I go to school until 11 pm. I get mighty hungry at night when I'm up late like that. I will keep you all posted on what I'm doing and how it's working!

Old 10-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Quote:

WOW!!! congrats!!! i bet you are excited and we are excited for you!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Queenie324
Stats: 249.9/194/150 5'7
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 10/18/11
Quote:
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattt??!!!!

That's awesome!
Were you stalled before?
If so, that loss would be extra gratifying.
But even if you weren't, that is freaking impressive!
Thanks everyone!

I went back on LC the week of 10/3 due to a biggest loser weight challenge here at work. I lost 3.8 lbs the first weigh in on 10/10, then I gained 3.9 lbs on the 10/17 weigh in (my fault--big weekend).

Started reading about JUDDDD on 10/17, started 10/18 and today was our weigh in and I was down 6.8 lbs. I was stunned to say the least.........but thrilled!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
amazing! Well done Queenie

Sometimes I feel like the universe just got turned upside down! What I thought I knew I didn't.

Weight loss is a seriously complicated and weird thing!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:06 PM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
You have given me a lot to think about with your great ideas! Thanks so much!
I think that the 24-hour window idea would really work great for me! I have class on Tues and Thurs so I know it will be hard for me to do DD on those days, because I go to school until 11 pm. I get mighty hungry at night when I'm up late like that. I will keep you all posted on what I'm doing and how it's working!

I'm not an expert or anything, but, like I said, I read about idea #3 on another site and it seemed like it might work better for someone like you!

Also, on yet another site, someone pointed out that JUDDD evolved from the "24 hour eat/24 hour fast" studies, but the DDs are really well over 24 hours on very few calories.

Let's say you have your last UD meal at 8pm; the next day is a DD and your UD breakfast is at 8am the day after that. That's 36 hours between UD meals. Sure, you have that last meal in your system for a few hours, but still...it's over 24 hours.

Now, perhaps this big stretch of time is why JUDDD works so well for many...and when I tried to do something like this the last 2 days, it was hard to stop eating after lunch...but if this is more doable for you in the long run--and it's not like you're over 120lbs from goal like me!!!--it could be worth a try! I'm glad you liked the ideas; let me know how they work for you!

Last edited by piratejenny; 10-24-2011 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: punctuation
Old 10-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Hi there! I've been curious about JUDDD ever since I saw the success stories over at the Main Lobby, and after coming over here I noticed my situation seems similar to lot of yours, so I read some more and decided that JUDDD makes a lot of sense to me. I'd like to join you all and give this a shot.

I basically lost a lot my weight a few years back doing low carb, but I never reached goal and then through carb creep and lack of exercise then just giving up, I gained back some of it in the past year or so. I started lc'ing again back in June, and no matter what I tried, going extremely low in carbs, increasing carbs, increasing fat, following strict Atkins induction, even meat and egg fasts, or lowering calories, etc., nothing seemed to work. I would just go up and down the same 2 lbs, and after almost 5 months of this now I'm just really tired of it and would like something to jump start my incredibly sluggish metabolism!

I'm so encouraged by all the positive energy here and all the happiness and success is infectious! Today is my first UD, and I'm trying to get my calories up in preparation for my first DD tomorrow. I'm gonna start at 500 even though the calculator shows a much lower number. Maybe I'll be able to work it down lower as I go, if I need to.

I'm a little nervous but also really excited to start this!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
Hello vilanteira!

So glad you are joining us!

I was scared too...but a little bit of hunger won't kill you...especially when you know you can eat what you want tomorrow.

I thought I would stick to 500 at first too and found that I am just fine at 400 or so.

They key is being smart with your calories for DD. Getting every bang for your buck....and if you are a little hungry when you go to bed...well...it is just your tummy saying " hey girl, tomorrow you are going to be thinner! and while you are thinner..you get to eat!"
Old 10-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #223
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
Hi there! I've been curious about JUDDD ever since I saw the success stories over at the Main Lobby, and after coming over here I noticed my situation seems similar to lot of yours, so I read some more and decided that JUDDD makes a lot of sense to me. I'd like to join you all and give this a shot.

I basically lost a lot my weight a few years back doing low carb, but I never reached goal and then through carb creep and lack of exercise then just giving up, I gained back some of it in the past year or so. I started lc'ing again back in June, and no matter what I tried, going extremely low in carbs, increasing carbs, increasing fat, following strict Atkins induction, even meat and egg fasts, or lowering calories, etc., nothing seemed to work. I would just go up and down the same 2 lbs, and after almost 5 months of this now I'm just really tired of it and would like something to jump start my incredibly sluggish metabolism!

I'm so encouraged by all the positive energy here and all the happiness and success is infectious! Today is my first UD, and I'm trying to get my calories up in preparation for my first DD tomorrow. I'm gonna start at 500 even though the calculator shows a much lower number. Maybe I'll be able to work it down lower as I go, if I need to.

I'm a little nervous but also really excited to start this!
Welcome vilanteira! Glad to have you join us! Have a great UD today
Old 10-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #224
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
P.S. I love your avatar - it's so cute!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #225

Adding my welcome to you, vilanteira.

I expect you will be very successful with this, and very shortly! If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask. Everyone here is super helpful and super friendly and encouraging. And.. super successful at losing weight and maintaining their losses!

We welcome you to our group.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:52 PM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
They key is being smart with your calories for DD. Getting every bang for your buck....and if you are a little hungry when you go to bed...well...it is just your tummy saying " hey girl, tomorrow you are going to be thinner! and while you are thinner..you get to eat!"
I love this! I'll definitely hold on to this thought when the hunger pangs hit!

Thanks so much for the welcome and the encouragement everyone!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Welcome Vilanteira!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:11 AM   #228

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hi there everyone. Looking forward to trying this way of living. I don't necessarily want to lose very much more weight, but I like the idea of a little more freedom on the UP days.

I doubt I will ever really give up on Low Carb, but at least if I do I won't be going "off plan" with all the guilt that that can bring, lol.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:21 AM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hi there everyone. Looking forward to trying this way of living. I don't necessarily want to lose very much more weight, but I like the idea of a little more freedom on the UP days.

I doubt I will ever really give up on Low Carb, but at least if I do I won't be going "off plan" with all the guilt that that can bring, lol.
Welcome, Kissa! So good to see you here. I remember the encouragement you gave me on the "alcohol" thread You will definitely find more freedom on JUDDD UD, so enjoy
Old 10-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sissiesue
Stats: 173/129/129
Start Date: September 27, 2010
Good morning, everyone!

I've been lured to the JUDDD board by Pat's enthusiasm. I've always been interested in the benefits of calorie restriction, so JUDDD -- combined with a low-carb approach -- seems interesting to me.

The last two times I've weighed in (I weigh in once a week), I've been at my original goal (I haven't changed my stats yet b/c it doesn't "count" for me unless I weigh in at that weight 3X in a row.) Now, I've set "Goal 2", which is about 10lbs lower. If I don't get there, well, that's okay.

Yesterday was my first DD. Today's UD limit is 1854, which is what I normally eat.

I think I'd like to try this to (1) see if I experience the cited health benefits and (2) reduce my overall consumption of food stuffs. My main objection to low-carb has been "moral/political" -- i.e., my low-carb diet seems to me to be too rich and indulgent. Yet, I've never felt better than I have on low-carb. So, somehow I need to find balance.

I've really been enjoying reading all of your posts!!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissiesue View Post
Good morning, everyone!

I've been lured to the JUDDD board by Pat's enthusiasm. I've always been interested in the benefits of calorie restriction, so JUDDD -- combined with a low-carb approach -- seems interesting to me.

The last two times I've weighed in (I weigh in once a week), I've been at my original goal (I haven't changed my stats yet b/c it doesn't "count" for me unless I weigh in at that weight 3X in a row.) Now, I've set "Goal 2", which is about 10lbs lower. If I don't get there, well, that's okay.

Yesterday was my first DD. Today's UD limit is 1854, which is what I normally eat.

I think I'd like to try this to (1) see if I experience the cited health benefits and (2) reduce my overall consumption of food stuffs. My main objection to low-carb has been "moral/political" -- i.e., my low-carb diet seems to me to be too rich and indulgent. Yet, I've never felt better than I have on low-carb. So, somehow I need to find balance.

Hi Sissysue!! So great to have you here too! How exciting that our JUDDD forum is growing You've already done your first DD, wow, that's great. Enjoy today!!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #232
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunnilou
Stats: 170/164/145
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 1/1/12
I started JUDD today. Its a DD. I have been low carbing for years. I have tried paleo, low calorie, high calorie, etc and my weight hasn't moved in years. I do feel besy when I do low carb. Hopefully this will help me drop some weight. I had come to terms with my weight wasn't ever going to lower again. I also workout 5 days a week.

As far the calories on the JUDD website, I figured those to my goal weight of 145
Old 10-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #233
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnilou View Post
I started JUDD today. Its a DD. I have been low carbing for years. I have tried paleo, low calorie, high calorie, etc and my weight hasn't moved in years. I do feel besy when I do low carb. Hopefully this will help me drop some weight. I had come to terms with my weight wasn't ever going to lower again. I also workout 5 days a week.

As far the calories on the JUDD website, I figured those to my goal weight of 145
Hi Sunnilou! to JUDDD! I notice we have the same goal weight. Have a great DD.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My main objection to low-carb has been "moral/political" -- i.e., my low-carb diet seems to me to be too rich and indulgent.
I know what you mean!!!
I grew up somewhat poor, and vegetarian for 20 years--
as a vegetarian, I was always turning down food,
but the stuff I could eat was usually cheap and abundant.
I wasn't putting anybody out by asking for an extra potato or piece of bread.

On LC, I know most of us are prepared to eat a little before we go somewhere or to bring some nuts/cheese/jerky wherever we go...and we may not eat more calories than the average person, but our calories are a little higher up the food chain, thereby usually being a bit more expensive and feeling more self-indulgent.

What I like about JUDDD is that, if you can handle the carbs of "normal" food, you can eat what your family and friends are eating without drawing a lot of attention to yourself or seeming like you need special treatment--although, if you can't handle the carbs or have diabetes, food allergies or other health issues, you certainly shouldn't feel guilty or self-indulgent if you DO need special items.

Also, you could be anywhere in the world and any financial situation *(or hosts of any financial situation)*, and telling the people around you that you (basically) fast every other day is not going to seem selfish!

I've always wondered if LC became my "lifestyle", whether it would be sustainable 30 or 50 years from now. What if I'm terribly broke or living in a different country or there's a zombie apocalypse?!!! LC might be impossible...but I think you could JUDDD even in prison!

Last edited by piratejenny; 10-25-2011 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: punctuation. ETA*
Old 10-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #235
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
What if I'm terribly broke or living in a different country or there's a zombie apocalypse?!!!
BRAINS! or grains...

Old 10-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #236

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Thanks for the welcome, 1st day has gone well.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sissiesue
Stats: 173/129/129
Start Date: September 27, 2010
Quote:

I know what you mean!!!
I grew up somewhat poor, and vegetarian for 20 years--
as a vegetarian, I was always turning down food,
but the stuff I could eat was usually cheap and abundant.
I wasn't putting anybody out by asking for an extra potato or piece of bread.

On LC, I know most of us are prepared to eat a little before we go somewhere or to bring some nuts/cheese/jerky wherever we go...and we may not eat more calories than the average person, but our calories are a little higher up the food chain, thereby usually being a bit more expensive and feeling more self-indulgent.

Also, you could be anywhere in the world and any financial situation *(or hosts of any financial situation)*, and telling the people around you that you (basically) fast every other day is not going to seem selfish!

I've always wondered if LC became my "lifestyle", whether it would be sustainable 30 or 50 years from now. What if I'm terribly broke or living in a different country or there's a zombie apocalypse?!!! LC might be impossible...but I think you could JUDDD even in prison!
Yes, to all of the above! Poor? check! Vegetarian? Check (was for quite a while). Food guilt? Check!

But also, I've been considering going overseas to do humanitarian work, and I'd like to transition into a WOE that will allow me to keep my health AND participate in a lifestyle that's not based on eating so high on the food chain.

Hopefully I'll never have to test the prison theory .
Old 10-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #238

Quote:
Good morning, everyone!

Welcome, Sissiesue! I don't think it will take too long before you are beginning to experience some benefits from calorie restriction for yourself and to your own benefit. It looks like you're already slim and trim, but JUDDD is a pretty easy way to maintain your weight, and as you mentioned.. perhaps a bit more gentle on the earth. When we eat almost entirely of animal flesh and products, we do put an awful lot of earth into the production of food for just one person's consumption.

Did you have any trouble with your first Down Day yesterday? My first few just about did me in! Now they're a breeze.

I'm so glad you here with us. Welcome!
Old 10-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnilou View Post

Big welcomes to Kissa (I welcomed you on your other post, but will welcome you again here) and big welcome to sunnilou.

This place is just growing by leaps and bounds! And there's a reason for that... it's not that we all just love to weigh and measure our food and track our calories and it's not that we all just love to cut our calories real low every other day. It's that this JUDDD plan does for us what previous plans failed to deliver.

We are a pretty diverse group, but all experiencing a lot of benefit from eating this way. We're seeing weight loss kick in again after low carb stalls that lasted for months! We're seeing more freedom in our food choices, and we're finding better health. Even mental health seems to be benefited, and I'm assuming that is because of JUDDD's influence on physical hormonal/chemical levels. A pretty interesting plan.

I think you are both going to love it. And when you do it, you'll lose weight, which is always exciting! So enjoy the ride!

Welcome!
Old 10-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
Start Date: June 2013
Hello everyone! I've decided to give this woe a go. I used to weigh 196lbs 3 yrs ago and through various diets I've dropped a fair few pounds. Now I'm finding my motivation is coming and going and everything seems hard but I'm not giving up and putting weight back on so here I am Iḿ frustrated because I'm at my lowest weight ever and I keep breaking my diet which was low carb, I kept eating bread and I miss smoothies and fruit. So tomorrow is my first UD then Thursday will be the DD and I have to go to the dentist so that'll help me to not eat lol
Closed Thread