Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #2101
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Tinca and Brandy! So glad you found us! I was super-nervous before my first DD too. I wasn't sure I wanted to commit to this new WOE. I told myself I'd give it a week or two and see. I'm at 9 weeks today, and loving it! And 19.5 pounds lighter!

Keep posting and let us know how you're doing. There are lots of questions in the beginning, and lots of new things to learn about your body. Enjoy!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #2102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Tinca & Brandy!! You've come to the best place for support & losing weight!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #2103
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tinca
Stats: 73 kg - 63 kg
Start Date: 6th November 2012
Thank you all for your kind and warm welcome. My first DD went well, but I think I ate a bit too much. Nevermind, I won't give up.
About metric system...we use kilograms in our country and it's hard to convert into pounds or stones all the time . I have a scale with grams too so I can see when I go 200grams down .

Thank you again. I'll tell you about my weight next Tuesday, when I weight myself. I started with 73kg. I hope I'll be able not to weight every day /this has been my week point till now ).

Nighty night....tomorrow's my UP day

Tinca
Old 11-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #2104
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bamabrandy
Stats: 339/312/180
WOE: Low Carb, JUDDD
Start Date: August 08, 2012
Thanks you guys! Today was my first DD and it went okay. I managaed to keep my calories around 560. I'm not really hungry. I do have a question for you all. When eating your calories is it okay to eat 250 for lunch and 250 for dinner? I was a little confused about this. I had my coffee this morning, soup for lunch and low carb white chicken chilli for dinner. As long as it's under my allowed calories for DD is that okay?
Old 11-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #2105
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
It doesn't matter when you eat your DD calories, or even if you eat them. Totally your choice, and what works best with your lifestyle and what will keep you satisfied.

I usually have just coffee for breakfast, a mediumish lunch, and a small dinner on DDs. UDs, just sort of depends on how I feel that day.

Great job for your first DD!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:56 AM   #2106
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bamabrandy
Stats: 339/312/180
WOE: Low Carb, JUDDD
Start Date: August 08, 2012
Good morning! So I wanted to weigh this morning just to see how I did and Oh My Wow! I was down 5 pounds. I realize that today is an UD and i won't weigh again until Friday morning but I was shocked. Great thing is my mom is doing this as well. She has RA and liked the benefits that come from doing this WOE. I will continue to keep you guys posted and thank you Dawn that makes me feel a lot better!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #2107
Big Yapper!!!!

Way to go, Brandy!!! That's a fantastic motivator. And good for your Mom too. I hope she gets the relief of symptoms and health benefits she's looking for.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #2108
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Hi everyone! I am 25 day into lc/ls eating and I'm already feeling like I'm stalling. I started out great and lost 8.5lbs, but over the past few days I've started gaining again. I'm now at a total loss of 7lbs and feel like I need to do something different, to keep the momentum going. I keep seeing JUDD listed as members woe's and I finally decided to check it out Found out it's similar to something I had already been reading up on (alternating days), and I think it might be just what I need to get things moving again!

I checked out the official website and it looks like starting out there's 2 weeks of 500c down days days (gulp). What am I supposed to do on the up days though?

Also, how does this work with eating low carb? I really do feel strongly that carbs and sugar are bad for us (weight and health wise), so I still want to follow some sort of low carb/low sugar plan. I'm assuming that since this is a lc forum most of you have found the balance for doing both JUDD and low carb?

Can't wait to start this, and get to know everyone
Old 11-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #2109

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Hi everyone! I am 25 day into lc/ls eating and I'm already feeling like I'm stalling. I started out great and lost 8.5lbs, but over the past few days I've started gaining again. I'm now at a total loss of 7lbs and feel like I need to do something different, to keep the momentum going. I keep seeing JUDD listed as members woe's and I finally decided to check it out Found out it's similar to something I had already been reading up on (alternating days), and I think it might be just what I need to get things moving again!

I checked out the official website and it looks like starting out there's 2 weeks of 500c down days days (gulp). What am I supposed to do on the up days though?
Just enter your stats into the calculator on the website and it will give you your "normal" calories for UDs. Some just eat to satisfaction on UDs and some eat to their calorie limit. I'm in the latter category and have done well, though everyone's different.
Also, how does this work with eating low carb? I really do feel strongly that carbs and sugar are bad for us (weight and health wise), so I still want to follow some sort of low carb/low sugar plan. I'm assuming that since this is a lc forum most of you have found the balance for doing both JUDD and low carb?
JUDDD only cares about calories. It works well with whatever plan you choose. I'm not low carb, but many here are. It's one of the beautiful things about JUDDD -- that you can eat however you feel best. Just eat more one day and less the next.
Can't wait to start this, and get to know everyone
Old 11-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #2110
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Thanks for the welcome and the help with my questions! Now I just need to work up the nerve to do my first down day tomorrow lol. Need to figure out what that means for eating today too-I think the up days might be trickier to figure out than the down days lol.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #2111
Big Yapper!!!!

Mom23kids! You've found your way to a great WOE. I have been an on and off LCer for over 10 years and recently found JUDDD. I still keep things mostly low carb, although I have added back starchy vegetables like peas and squash and sweet potatoes, just not every day (or other day I should say!) Also I've added back fruits, on a small scale. I'm very happy with this and plan to keep it lower carb. I should admit, I've also had pizza a couple of times, with no ill effects.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 11-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #2112

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Brandy and Mom23, you will love this board.

Great loss after your first DD, as you acknowledge it will bounce but the general trend will be down. Feels so good.

Mom23, it is so interesting to see how many people have more trouble with their UDs. We are so used to restrictions it is often hard to eat up to the calories. Then it can become difficult to stop eating over those calories.

Enjoy your DDs, that is where the magic begins.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #2113
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
This thread has been closed due to its size. Please continue your discussion here: JUDDD newbies: introduce yourselves! (Part 2)
Closed Thread