Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: putthekettleon
I am so glad I found you guys. This seems like such a great group.

Right now I am really trying to find my way. I'm a Weight Watchers member, but I don't know how long that will last - I just cannot stand the new points system. It is very cumbersome. However, one thing I do know is that calories count, and my most successful weight loss came on a calorie lowering plan when I cycled calories. I know some Weight Watcher members used to follow the Wendy Plan, which is probably the same thing.

So here I am, hoping to learn as I go and come up with a plan structure I can live with. So glad to be here!

Sheryl

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #182
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
I guess I should introduce myself
I'm been on the site pretty much since it started in 1999.
Initially on Atkins I lost about 40 pounds the stalled out and regained. I've stuck to low-carb all this time but kept losing the same 10 pounds for years (not kidding). No matter how strict I was, no matter how bad I was, I never could lose anything.
Suddenly last August (2010) something clicked and I started losing again. I'm bad about posting my weight (lol) but I've now lost approx 2/3 of the weight that I want to lose. I lost that between August 2010 and March 2011 and was stuck(again)from March until September when I did the whole30 paleo challenge and FINALLY broke through the set point barrier. I lost about 6.5lbs that month and have been stalled again -but that's fine because I'm below the old set point and have not gone back up.
After reviewing my menus for several weeks, I saw that I was not eating enough.
I work out lighty (pilates/ball/floor type) 2-3x a week and do dumbbells and total gym the other days.
So, after reading the glowing reports on JUDDD (Beeb and SoHappy the cheerleaders)I decided to give it a try. At least this way I will make sure that I eat enough every other day.
So, that's me

http://www.thedailyplate.com/ <-- food and exercise tracking
http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #183
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I wanted to tell you three how happy I am that you have come to join us here. I want to warmly welcome you, kimmarie, putthekettleon, and Dottie. I think you'll love it here, and love how this plan enhances your sense of well being as it helps you slim your body and maintain it.

Glad you're all here!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #184

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Welcome Dottie!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #185
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
kimmarie, putthekettleon, and Dottie! I'm so glad to see you all here, especially our wonderful Admin Dottie who is always so much help to all of us on LCFs!

SO good to have you on board!
Old 10-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Thanks. Hi Miss Dottie (waving)....I copied your recipe for biscuits made with coconut flour over on the recipe board. Very creative.

I wish I had Dottie's problem of not eating ENOUGH calories. I just love to eat. Period. I'm also in menopause now and if I lose 1/2 lb. a week, it will still be a blessing from God. My losses of 1 - 2 lbs. a week have long been over, but that's ok with me; I'm in this for the long haul.

I just wanted to mention that I've been a big fan of using psyllium for filling me up, but after I read all the glowing reviews over here of how glucomannan works very well for hunger, I dragged out the big bag that's been sitting in the back of my cupboard that I never used. I took a cup of V8 Fusion Light Mango Juice (50 calories), and mixed a tsp. of the gluco into the juice. I know mixing gluco into liquids is very tricky, so I first poured a little juice off into another cup and very, very slowly trickled in the gluco powder, stirring constantly. Then I mixed that into the remaining juice and glugged it down. I followed with some water.

Wow! Now I feel almost foolish singing the praises of psylllium over in the main lobby. This stuff is unbelievable. It really fills you up, like you ate a meal!

You guys have the neatest tricks for filling up on minimal calories. Thank you.

Sheryl
Old 10-23-2011, 01:00 PM   #187
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lcklass
Hello .. another newbie, although I'm not new to LC, a doctor put me on Atkins in 2000 and I lost 60 pounds the first 2 years. Well, 45lbs the first year, 15lbs the second ... and then I just more or less maintained that loss for 10 years, going up/down the same 10-15 pounds. I should mention I had almost 150 pounds to lose when I started, so I was/am not near goal weight at all! I've had periods of leaving LC & going on WW, working out twice a day/6 days a week (ala biggest loser, and ended up with some injuries), eating whatever I wanted, and then back to LC ... and really not much change on the scale (although the workouts did bring me down a size, since muscle takes up less room that fat, lol). But with LC I feel great, I just also have fallen in love with veggies and trying to go VLC was way too restrictive for me. Anyway, earlier this summer I was tired of being so focused on food all the time and I guess started my own version of JUDDD ... during the week I was eating around 800 cals a day by having protein shakes for breakfast/lunch and tiny portions for dinner, and then pretty much basic Atkins induction on the weekends. With a few drinks thrown in, lol . And, since the 4th of July, I've lost almost 18 pounds! However, lately I've found I'm having a harder time with the low calories 5 days in a row, so I am thinking the DD/UD concept will work better for me. My workouts have been a struggle, I really notice the lack of stamina on the low calorie days.

Anyway, I love the thread with the DD meal ideas - what a great help! And I'm hoping the UD/DD concept will make it easier to live with my husband, he gets angry when he thinks I'm 'starving' myself. At least he'll see me eating every other day now hehheehe

Bonnie

Last edited by lcklass; 10-23-2011 at 01:05 PM..
Old 10-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #188
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Sheryl I may be the oddball, but the glucomannan and shirataki noodles never made me feel full. I like the noodles as a pasta sub but, even taking the gluc pills, I never got that fullness feeling. Psyllium works for me in that department, too. You can even make crackers with it- just add some salt, whatever spices and enough water to make a paste, let it thicken then spread it out on parchment and microwave until it's "dry" looking.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #189

Welcome, Bonnie. It's wonderful to have you join us here, and I think you're going to love it as much as we do.

I'm one who thinks it's a better idea to get to an overall lower calorie level for weight loss by coming at it from the standpoint of one very low day balanced with one real high day clear up at your maintenance level of calories. That way, the low day brings on the weight loss, and the high day makes your body feel confident that it isn't in a famine, and helps it keep the metabolism revved up nicely. But, April Fools... the low day is low enough to require a bit of weight loss from the body. It sure seems to work for me.

I think once you get into the rotation of high/low calories, you will quickly come to the point of having plenty of strength and vigor for your exercise too.

Glad you're with us!
Old 10-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Dottie, thanks for mentioning the psyllium crackers. I'll so search for a recipe.

One of the reasons I'm so reluctant to give up the psyllium is that it works well with the statins I'm taking to lower cholesterol. Crackers would be nice.

Welcome Bonnie! I'm new too.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovinlowcarb
Introduction

I am 55 years old and I have tried almost every diet imaginable with some success only to regain it back, since being laid off from my job of 25 years at AT&T in Birmingham, Ala. I have really packed on the weight I currently weight 278lbs and I am only 5'3" tall. I have been reading all the posts on this site and I am really going to start tomorrow morning and I hope this will prove to be the plan for me. I have hypothyroidism and have arthritis in my knees and feet. I look forward to seeing different posts each day.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmarie
Stats: 325/293.8/150
WOE: low carb
Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to getting to know everybody
Old 10-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinlowcarb View Post
I am 55 years old and I have tried almost every diet imaginable with some success only to regain it back, since being laid off from my job of 25 years at AT&T in Birmingham, Ala. I have really packed on the weight I currently weight 278lbs and I am only 5'3" tall. I have been reading all the posts on this site and I am really going to start tomorrow morning and I hope this will prove to be the plan for me. I have hypothyroidism and have arthritis in my knees and feet. I look forward to seeing different posts each day.
Welcome to JUDDD, lovin!

You have come to the right place. I expect this plan for eating will help you in a lot of areas, as I identify with some of your introduction of yourself.

I also am just 5'-3" tall, was obese, and also hypothyroid (and fibromyalgia) and arthritis in my hands and some in my spine.. thankfully not in knees or feet. It runs in my family as my dad also had it and his mom before him.

I lost weight and now maintain at about how you see me in my avi picture, have no more low thyroid symptoms (I'm medicated, but low carb still caused me a lot of low thyroid symptoms which are gone now) I almost never, never, never have a flare of fibro anymore, and arthritis has eased back to where I hardly notice it anymore at all!

I will look forward to your start in the morning. Read all you can here, and you'll be an old hand at it very shortly. It's a really simple plan, so not too much to have to learn.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Welcome to all us newbies! We can do this!
Old 10-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by putthekettleon View Post
Welcome to all us newbies! We can do this!
And it's not even going to be hard.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
question: so i'm ready to start 100% tomorrow after two day experiment last week. my plan is to do:
Mon. - UP
Tues- DD
Wed. - UP
Thurs. - DD

My DD have to be Tues and Thurs because I work out Mondays and Wednesdays.

I am not sure how to do the weekends. I never know what is going on during the weekends so on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, can I do a mixture of DD one day, UD another day, and a MD the remaining day? Or can I just do 3 MD and just do JUDDD "part-time"? Does anyone else do this? Ideally it would be best for me to do another DD on Friday and then have either Saturday or Sunday be UD or MD, depending. But then that would be two DD in a row.
Sorry about the confusion but if anyone has any suggestions for me please...impart me with your wisdom!!

-erin
Old 10-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
question: so i'm ready to start 100% tomorrow after two day experiment last week. my plan is to do:
Mon. - UP
Tues- DD
Wed. - UP
Thurs. - DD

I am not sure how to do the weekends. I never know what is going on during the weekends so on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, can I do a mixture of DD one day, UD another day, and a MD the remaining day? Or can I just do 3 MD and just do JUDDD "part-time"? Does anyone else do this? Ideally it would be best for me to do another DD on Friday and then have either Saturday or Sunday be UD or MD, depending. But then that would be two DD in a row.
Sorry about the confusion but if anyone has any suggestions for me please...impart me with your wisdom!!

-erin
Ideally you would not have 3 MDs in a row, simply because that doesn't give you any benefit of the cycle, which is sort of the basis of the plan. LOL

And also, it isn't recommended to do two DDs in a row, mainly because most people would crash and burn from trying it!

Could you do Friday as an UD (following your Thursday DD) and then Saturday as a MD, and then Sunday as a DD, leading into the Monday UD again?

Or Friday as a MD after your Thursday DD, and then on to a Saturday UD, Sunday DD, and then the Monday UD again?

Only you know the schedule of when you guys like to go out to eat, or what all goes on over the weekends, etc.

But if all else fails, yeah.. I'd do all three as MDs if I had to. I resist that because I really believe in the big cycle difference between Up and Down Days, but the big thing is you want to find whatever will work for you and enable you to stay on the program. So if it takes Friday/Saturday/Sunday as MDs, that that's how it will need to be for awhile.

Work various angles and see what you think will work the best for you.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Allysmom24
Stats: 299/178/160
WOE: Lower Carb
Hi everyone. I've been lowcarbing for quite a while and it works BUT I'm ready for something new. I'm kinda sick of ordering off menu at my favorite places and having the fast food orders all messed up.

So, I'm starting JUDDD tomorrow. I've researched it and researched it and it seems like the plan that fits me and my lifestyle the best. I think I naturally cycle as it is.

A question for you all. I'm not seeing any mention of the reservatrol. Are you all taking it or no? I bought some at a pharmacy today (BOGO!) and thought I'd start it tonight at the 400 mg dosage suggested on the JUDDD website.

About me: My name is Juanita, I am married and have a 4 year old daughter. I work on Tuesday and Thurs so that I get to stay home with her the rest of the week. I live in WV.

I hope to get to know all of you ladies and mostly hope that I get some of this weight off using JUDDD!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcklass View Post
Hello .. another newbie, although I'm not new to LC, a doctor put me on Atkins in 2000 and I lost 60 pounds the first 2 years. Well, 45lbs the first year, 15lbs the second ... and then I just more or less maintained that loss for 10 years, going up/down the same 10-15 pounds. I should mention I had almost 150 pounds to lose when I started, so I was/am not near goal weight at all! I've had periods of leaving LC & going on WW, working out twice a day/6 days a week (ala biggest loser, and ended up with some injuries), eating whatever I wanted, and then back to LC ... and really not much change on the scale (although the workouts did bring me down a size, since muscle takes up less room that fat, lol). But with LC I feel great, I just also have fallen in love with veggies and trying to go VLC was way too restrictive for me. Anyway, earlier this summer I was tired of being so focused on food all the time and I guess started my own version of JUDDD ... during the week I was eating around 800 cals a day by having protein shakes for breakfast/lunch and tiny portions for dinner, and then pretty much basic Atkins induction on the weekends. With a few drinks thrown in, lol . And, since the 4th of July, I've lost almost 18 pounds! However, lately I've found I'm having a harder time with the low calories 5 days in a row, so I am thinking the DD/UD concept will work better for me. My workouts have been a struggle, I really notice the lack of stamina on the low calorie days.

Anyway, I love the thread with the DD meal ideas - what a great help! And I'm hoping the UD/DD concept will make it easier to live with my husband, he gets angry when he thinks I'm 'starving' myself. At least he'll see me eating every other day now hehheehe

Bonnie
Bonnie!! Glad to have you here!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinlowcarb View Post
Hi Lovinlowcarb, and to the forum and to JUDDD!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allysmom24 View Post
Hi everyone. I've been lowcarbing for quite a while and it works BUT I'm ready for something new. I'm kinda sick of ordering off menu at my favorite places and having the fast food orders all messed up.

So, I'm starting JUDDD tomorrow. I've researched it and researched it and it seems like the plan that fits me and my lifestyle the best. I think I naturally cycle as it is.

A question for you all. I'm not seeing any mention of the reservatrol. Are you all taking it or no? I bought some at a pharmacy today (BOGO!) and thought I'd start it tonight at the 400 mg dosage suggested on the JUDDD website.

About me: My name is Juanita, I am married and have a 4 year old daughter. I work on Tuesday and Thurs so that I get to stay home with her the rest of the week. I live in WV.

I hope to get to know all of you ladies and mostly hope that I get some of this weight off using JUDDD!
Welcome, Juanita! It's wonderful to have you join us here. I know you'll love it and do well. It's a remarkable eating plan, and just works well for weight loss at the same time it gives us every other day of not having to *be on a diet*... that nice big UP Day to enjoy as we please.

I don't know of anyone, not one single person, who has used the resvervatrol. So you'll have to be the one to tell us all what you think of it. LOL

Glad you're here, and I hope you'll be a regular here. It really helps us all stay focused, and when we stay focused it's easier to do anything, and then when we do it well, the JUDDD magic happens and we get slim!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:50 PM   #202
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allysmom24 View Post

Glad to meet you, Juanita, and I don't take reservatrol unless you count what I get in red wine on on my UD
Old 10-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Welcome aboard, Bonnie, Lovin' and Juanita!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
Hello everyone!

There are so many of us starting JUDDD together. It is going to be great cheering each other on to goal!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Hi kimmarie!
Great to see you joining us on juddd... And congrats on an awesome 100 lb loss!
You did so well on your first DD to keep your cals so low... have good high UD's and you will soon be posting healthy losses!

Hugs
Jo
X
Old 10-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/136/135, 53 yo
WOE: Paleo/Whole30
Start Date: 12/02
Hi all--it's great to see so many people here. I started on JUDDD 2 weeks ago exactly, after hearing Beeb's enthusiasm. I had been doing fast-5 (an intermittent fasting routine where you eat during a 5 hour window) which worked great, but became difficult to do on my work schedule. Now I'm doing intermittent fasting on my DDs, eating from noon to 5. On my UD, I eat a small breakfast, then lunch at noon and dinner before 5, since I find that eating after 5 makes me gain weight. I'm just a lb or two from goal, and I have been LC for 9 years. For 8 of those years, I maintained without too much problem, but after menopause hit 16 months ago, I gained some weight back, and then found it nearly impossible to get off. On JUDDD, I'm still doing LC, simply because I feel much healthier without grains, sugars, or starches. But I do eat a lot more nuts, cheese, veggies and fruit than I could before, which is great. I'm doing an 1800/700 split, until the DD get a bit easier. Today is my first MD, following yesterday's DD, and I'm not sure I like these MDs!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:39 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<275/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
Mon. - UP
Tues- DD
Wed. - UP
Thurs. - DD

-erin
I think Pat's suggestion is excellent, if that works for you!

Things that came to mind as I read your post:
#1: You're close to goal, so maybe your plan (3 MDs) would work.

#2: Intermittent Fasting.
If you tend to go out Fri, Sat, & Sun, limit your eating (or at least most of it; you could maybe have some broth, protein shakes, coffee/tea with cream) to a window of 4 hours or so; I've heard of 6 hours as the max. This would give you time to nibble/drink at a party; or even to eat, exercise, and eat again, if you like to hike or whatever on weekends.

Friday would be an UD anyway, so you could do this just Sat & Sun.

#3: "Days" can be any 24-hour period
I read this on another JUDDD site earlier today;
If your schedule is erratic, you can choose a set time to switch.
So, let's say you pick 3pm; you would have an UD breakfast & lunch, then from 3pm til 3pm the next day, eat your DD calories, then have an UD dinner.
Similar to IF, but with a bigger window and some calories to get you through the "fasting".

I just don't know how, if you did it only on the weekends, this would merge with your weekdays.
Or perhaps this would work all week, even on your workout days, if you can function on low calories during the day, exercise, then eat a big dinner.

It might look like this: (bold is UD calories)
(tried to make a chart but the spacing got messed up )

B'FAST (Sunday)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Monday)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Tuesday)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Wed.)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Thurs)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Friday)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Saturday)
LUNCH
DINNER

I made it so you repeat the schedule Fri & Sat; you can eat out both nights and then have a nice brunch on Sunday! Sleep late on Saturday and it won't be hard at all!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
ETA: Tiva posted about IF while I was struggling with my little chart!

Last edited by piratejenny; 10-23-2011 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: ETA
Old 10-24-2011, 06:54 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Allysmom24
Stats: 299/178/160
WOE: Lower Carb
Thank you for the welcome, everyone! Looking forward to this! DD today and breakfast is out of the way at 102 calories. So far so good...but it's only breakfast.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:17 AM   #209
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lcklass
Thanks for the welcome - nice to see so many others joining in too!

Bonnie
Old 10-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Queenie324
Stats: 249.9/194/150 5'7
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 10/18/11
Started JUDDD on 10/18 so a week ago. I only weigh in once a week because I am a scale jumper so don't own one and weigh in on calibrated scales at work.

I am down 6.8 lbs this week!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread