Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 05:03 AM   #1981
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyLou
Stats: 202.8/182.8/
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: Reboot June 2014
Hi everyone,

You've been guiding me along for the past 6 weeks with your tips, experience & -especially!- your good humour. I had given up dieting over the last few years as I've had kids and started being more accepting of myself. I couldn't reconcile depriving myself with accepting myself so just plodded along where I was.

I heard about JUDD following the BBC Horizon doc, did a bit of research and decided to give it a go, largely because the deprivation seemed minimal. I was happily surprised with how quickly I got used to the DDs and was delighted to lose about 11 lbs in the process. I got a little cocky then unfortunately and due to a combination of social events and a bit of "what the heck"ing, I've been off plan for the last week. Happily I've regained just 3 lbs & I've had a few reminders about the importance of planning & prep & not fooling yourself...

So here I am, refocused, ready and looking forward to becoming part of your community.
LLou

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2012, 06:07 AM   #1982
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Lou, great to have you with us!
You're already learning that it works when we work it and not when we don't. Six months in, I'm still learning that one.
And humour. Yeah, that saves us some days, doesn't it?
Welcome to the most wonderful board ever. We'll look forward to your thoughts.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #1983
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
So delighted that you have already proved that JUDDD works Lou. Lovely to have you here.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #1984

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Lou! So glad to have another JUDDDer with us on this journey!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #1985
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyLou
Stats: 202.8/182.8/
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: Reboot June 2014
Thanks for the lovely welcomes folks. I look forward to chatting with you as I work to become a fully-fledged JUDDDer
Old 10-20-2012, 05:16 AM   #1986
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I have done a very strict rotation. I think I've only done 2 or possibly 3 MDs in 10 months. I never, ever did 2 UDs in a row until about 8 months in, and then only on vacation. I almost never do FDs or go over my UD calories. I stick to the calories the calculator gives me and have only adjusted a couple of times, right around 25 pounds or more lost each time (trying to go by memory as I don't have my spreadsheet up right now).

I've been known to be too strict with myself, so I took a "maintenance break" at the end of May and through June to sort of recalibrate and relax a bit. It was scary for me because I wasn't sure I'd want to go back to the lower DD numbers, but honestly, when I felt rested, my body just sort of naturally returned to the lower DDs and WLM. I'm taking another maintenance break this month, but I'm eating to satisfaction on DDs and have still been pretty low, though higher than my usual less than 400 calories.

Of my 92.8 pounds total loss, 83 of that has been from JUDDD since December 12, 2011--10 months today. I couldn't be happier! HTH!
Dawn I just wanted to let you know that your advice is definately working!!!
I started going by strict rotations using the juddd calculator numbers and....
Sunday morning I was 189 lbs
As of yesterday I was 181.3 lbs!

I was losing so well that when my DD came on Wednesday (my day off) I didnt even get tempted because I want to keep going! We even went out to dinner that night and I suck to my numbers! Thank you sooooo much Dawn
Old 10-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #1987

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlady2k View Post
Dawn I just wanted to let you know that your advice is definately working!!!
I started going by strict rotations using the juddd calculator numbers and....
Sunday morning I was 189 lbs
As of yesterday I was 181.3 lbs!

I was losing so well that when my DD came on Wednesday (my day off) I didnt even get tempted because I want to keep going! We even went out to dinner that night and I suck to my numbers! Thank you sooooo much Dawn
OMG! That's an AMAZING loss! It won't be that fast ALL the time, but enjoy it while it lasts. I can't get over those numbers!!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #1988
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Dawn and Lou.

Great weight loss, Shanon.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #1989
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wanttolose70
Stats: 163/139/125
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: June 2012
Hello All,

Just wanted to jump in to say hi and THANK YOU. I have been a lurker for a couple of weeks and have decided to give JUDDD a try. With the help of all the great advice i have read on here, I am hoping to get to my goal weight. I am so happy to have found this WOE as I have missed some of the "normal" foods since starting Atkins in June. I can't wait for your insight and help in my journey. I am very excited.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #1990

Wanttolose, I know you will love the freedom of JUDDD after LC.

Shannon what an amazing loss, you should be so pleased with yourself. Well done.

Just wanted to remind the Newbies that we have monthly Newbie thread where you can all get to know each other.

October Newbie and Returners.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #1991

Shanan - you are doing AMAZING so far! WTG!

wanttolose70! So glad to have you with us!
Old 10-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #1992
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlady2k
Stats: 194/152.5/145 5ft 10
WOE: atkins and JUDDD now HCG
Start Date: June 28, 2012 R1 HCG 11/5/12 goal 165
Thanks guys! I also started working out to some dvds Thursday and friday so im hoping it doesn't stall me. Dawn i actually was briefly at 180 this morning but I got off the scale and got back on to check and it stuck to the 181.3 so I will take that! Lol. I did get down to 181 when I first started juddd but never got under and got lax with my tracking. I really need to stick to it this time.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #1993
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: toddah
Stats: 247/205/185
WOE: LC/JUDD
Start Date: 10/20/2012
New LC JUDD Man

Huge Hi healthy, beautiful ones, skinny bit*hes! JUDDING is new to me I am online reading and eschewing the book. The internet brings it all + trial and experience of community. I am so grateful to all who have posted making the educational curve EZ! the road to here. 2 rounds of HCG sublingual. Modified Dr Simeon Protocol. I supplemented with few Walden farms products, salad dressings and marshmallow cream in my Strawberry/ Orange julius smoothies. My favorite and most sustaining part of sticking with HCG protocol. Next up Atkins induction: firm Blackbelt in this way of eating. the omission of grains esp wheat and sugar from the diet has increased my feelings of vitality, cleared sinus problems, improved brain-function, frequent heartburn and achy joints and muscles eliminated. Garden variety gluten intollerance. I tried food combining I tried every way to be a social USER of all things Gluten. Food addiction speed ball trigger is Kryspy Kreme donuts. once this food herione enters my blood stream ephoria quicky turns to stomache upset and low energy but my craving would drag me across hot coals and razor blades back to the colorful donut box to eat another. Clean eating is FREEDOM! and the results are feeling vitality in my body temple and brain function and a deeper relationship and understanding with myself and new ways to take care of this great guy and keep myself from turning tricks on a street corner for Kryspy Kremes. psst! Hey you with that box a donuts... "wanna date?" LOL! so yes, My idea of heaven is an all you can eat buffet where you never get fat and you never get full! table for 2 please LOL! completed 2nd HCG round in Aug. and have been on Atkins induction or Paleo or what ever the new name for no sugar no wheat high protein is and my wt. flucts from 205-210. no reducing is happening so here I am at Judd. at first read looks like i can combine one day with the best of the HCG Dr Simeons food menu 500cal. with an upday of Atkins + fruit = Paleo, I think and I could see reducing. I will be posting my menus and success and welcome your experience and guidance. I am ready to see a 185ish me and be in the best health and shape of my life.... Look in the mirror and say... Yeah, baby this is what mid 40's looks like. totally prepped for 50 and HOT!
thanks for the welcomes, hello's, posts and Laughs! huge hugs, Todd I AM Worthy!!! grins...
Old 10-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #1994
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: toddah
Stats: 247/205/185
WOE: LC/JUDD
Start Date: 10/20/2012
strict rotations using the juddd calculator looks like the key to this thing... searching site for this what is the location of this? please... thanks in advance...
Old 10-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #1995

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Oh, Todd, you had me rolling with your Krispy Kreme prostitution. May I apply to be your donut pimp? Ha!

All information can be found on Dr. Johnson's website, to which we are not allowed to link because he sells supplements. Just google JUDDD and it will be one of the top hits. Go to the "how to do the diet" section (or similarly titled) and the calculator will be there. Be sure to change the values to pounds and inches rather than kilos/cm, so you'll get an accurate calorie range.

Most of us put little or no exercise into the calculator and it seems to work well unless we're training for a marathon or otherwise really, really athletic.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #1996
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kellyg558
Stats: 5'8 195/185/150
WOE: JUDDDOCTOBER
Start Date: October 2012
Hi everybody, my name is Kelly and I've been really interested in the JUDDD WOE for a while now. When I read some of you all's threads it just confirmed that this is a diet that seems great for me. I've tried all types of diets; WW, Low Carb, Atkins, low cal, gosh you name it and I've probably tried it!!! I stick to the diets for a while and lose some, but in the end I always fall off the wagon and cheat :-( My weight has gone up and down about 40 lbs several times for the past 10 years and I'm ready to put a stop to it.

I was at my highest when I had my son, 250 lbs, and the weight definitely did not melt off. I got back down to 185 lbs about 8 months after I had him, but that was over two years ago. Right now I think I'm even busier than I was back then, so it's a crucial time for me to get focused and lose my last 35 lbs. I'm 5'8, and at my current weight I'm considered obese :-( I need to make changes now so I can be healthy and fit for myself, but most importantly for my son!!

I am really excited to join this group and learn from you all. You all are so supportive, and I've enjoyed reading some of the threads!! I strongly believe that having people to talk to can make all the difference!! :-)
Old 10-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #1997

Todd and Kellyg, you are both ready to JUDDD it seems.

Todd I do know what you mean about
Quote:
My idea of heaven is an all you can eat buffet where you never get fat and you never get full! table for 2 please LOL!
I think most of us would agree with you.

Looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #1998
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Kelly and everyone else! Best board ever, here, in my opinion. It's interesting, fun, challenging enough but rewarding, and teeming with great support, humour, intelligence, and love.
So glad to have all of you with us.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #1999
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsSmith93
Hi everyone

I'm not really a new member, I was following JUDDD earlier in the year quite successfully, but then stuff happened and I gave up. I'm ready now to start again! So I'm going to weigh in tomorrow and will post in the daily weight tracker to try and keep me on track.

Looking forward to following everyone's progress
Old 10-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #2000

Great to have you back with us.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #2001

Todd and Kellyg, and back MrsSmith!
Old 10-22-2012, 05:35 AM   #2002
ks4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ks4
Stats: 154.8/135.4/120
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/29/2013
Hi everyone , I tried JUDDD multiple times before and posted here once, and liked it but have not made it easy enough for myself to keep up with it. This time I plan to stick with it for good without getting too hungry so that it interferes with my life. The past week I have been doing DD's so that I rarely get hungry on them; its going well and I am still experimenting thanks to your tips!

Actually, I have reached my goal weight a few years ago by skipping dinner for a few months and eating whatever I wanted (ended up being healthy) at other times. It took little effort except that I can't skip dinner anymore, its too hard to maintain forever with a social life. This is how I got up about 20 pounds, but I'm sure JUDDD will work!

I am very excited as I do like eating this way, and I hope to join in discussions as I lurk around here quite often recently but haven't!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:10 AM   #2003
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nandugben
help

I started juddd 1 month ago today and have only lost 4 lbs. Im 5' 8" and weigh 186 lbs. Way too heavy to start stalling. I've lost 38 lbs since May on a vlcd/lcd and started to slow on that so I wanted to try something new. I am eating between 350-400 on dd's using protein shakes so that I am accurate about cals and on up days I'm never over 1800. I like the diet a lot but I'm very discouraged about the slow or lack of weight loss. My exercise is spotty at this point but with still so much weight to lose it shouldn't be affecting my weight loss at this point. Any advise??? Help!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #2004

ks4! Glad to have you with us. It sounds like you have a good plan for yourself this time. I'm sure you'll have great success with JUDDD!

Nandugben! I know you'll get some good tips from JUDDDers more experienced than I, but I'll chime in here with some encouragement. 4 pounds may seem really slow, but it's definitely progress. Some lose quickly right at first, but others get off to a slow start before their losses really take off. We have some real success stories on this board that had that experience, and hopefully they will answer you and let you know their own experiences. I would encourage you to keep with it. Your body may be doing some internal work and repair before it begins to release the weight.

Hope to hear more from you both as you go forward!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #2005
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandugben View Post
I started juddd 1 month ago today and have only lost 4 lbs. Im 5' 8" and weigh 186 lbs. Way too heavy to start stalling. I've lost 38 lbs since May on a vlcd/lcd and started to slow on that so I wanted to try something new. I am eating between 350-400 on dd's using protein shakes so that I am accurate about cals and on up days I'm never over 1800. I like the diet a lot but I'm very discouraged about the slow or lack of weight loss. My exercise is spotty at this point but with still so much weight to lose it shouldn't be affecting my weight loss at this point. Any advise??? Help!
Nan, good on you for your accuracy with the calorie counts. You've already accomplished one of the tough parts.

I'll offer a couple of thoughts.
If you began including carbs with Juddd, the number on the scale would jump, so that four pounds down looks like a victory to me. Have you begun including a few carbs? Nothing to worry about in this case.

Next, when I started, I lost and then gained four pounds in the first month. But my clothes got looser and looser. And then I lost something like ten pounds during the second month. This taught me to look away from the blasted scale toward other signs of well being. I know we're nuts about seeing the number fall, but there are LOTS of other things going on with Juddd, some of which may happen first, before the scale changes significantly.

I'll say one more thing. Four pounds a month, what you're calling a stall, adds to 48 pounds over a year. This isn't horrible when you're eating reasonably freely every second day, right?

I wsh I could say something that would help you relax, be confident that what you want will happen, and enjoy this ride. It seems like the longer we're here, the more peaceful it gets. I'll hope for that for you.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #2006
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Todd and Kellyg, Nandugben and ks4 and back MrsSmith! With the monthly Newbie thread, I forget to come up here and check. Sounds like you are well on your way.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #2007
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kravmagagirl
Stats: SW:145/CW:139/GW:130
WOE: Paleo, Veteran hhCGer, JUDDD
New to JUDDD... not DDs! Lol!

OKAY! Today is officially my first DD on the JUDDD program - but I am definitely not new to DDs! I originally lost my weight (and achieved my goal weight) using the hCG diet (homeopathic - but real), but kept having to redo rounds to keep the last 10 off. I can't keep living that way! I'll confess, I just quit a round of hhCG on day 15, did a MD, and now today is my first DD. I just couldn't mentally handle it anymore, so I had to stop before I blew it completely. I already feel so much freedom knowing that, "Hey, guess what? Tomorrow you can eat! And you can use lotion! And you can have a glass of wine! And you don't have to be a social shut-in anymore!"

I love hCG for the quick losses, but I was on that last round for 15 days and lost 5 lbs... 3 of which was loading weight (the hCGers will understand that term.) So 2lbs in 15 days? I MIGHT have lost another 2 or 3 by the time my 21 days was up, plus 3 weeks of P3 to stabilize. So that's 6 weeks for MAYBE 4 lbs? I'd rather JUDDD and see what happens!

So excited to be here and so ready to start this new WOE! The DD are gonna be a piece of cake for me - my calorie range at the 25% range is 430, and my UD range is 1700.

So when I'm not eating P2 style (lol), my normal WOE has been Paleo, so I think my plan is to keep eating Paleo (for the most part) on JUDDD and focus on good protein on my DDs. Anyone have any input?

Oh! And also, has anyone had any luck losing the "last 10" with JUDDD? My goal is 130 (have gotten much lower with hCG but 130 is healthy and a perfect place for me), so I have 9 lbs to go. Any tips on losing the last few would be awesome! Thanks!

Thanks - sorry for the long post - and happy to be here! Let the journey begin!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #2008

Quote:
Oh! And also, has anyone had any luck losing the "last 10" with JUDDD? My goal is 130 (have gotten much lower with hCG but 130 is healthy and a perfect place for me), so I have 9 lbs to go. Any tips on losing the last few would be awesome! Thanks!
Absolutely I joined a year ago and lost my last 10 lbs and a couple more by late January, that was all over the Xmas season and included a holiday in Austria.

No tips required, just stick to the rotations and be patient. As you have already realised, one of the great joys of JUDDD is that we only diet half the time.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #2009

KMG! You've found a wonderful place, and the best WOE out there. I think you'll find this WOE much more comfortable after having done hCG. And all the health benefits that accompanyit are fantastic.

Glad you're posting and I hope you'll join us in other threads and share your experience with JUDDD.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #2010
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Welcome, newbies and returning JUDDD BUDD's!

I'm so glad you've joined us and look forward to sharing your journey
Closed Thread