Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
laceymichelle, I'm really glad to see you back over here! You are so welcome here, and I'll bet you get into it really quickly, have good success at it, and really enjoy what it can do for you with the food choices allowed as well as the benefits for you health-wise, both mind and body!

AND, I'm going to really enjoy seeing your darling avi picture often!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Hi,

My name is Gracie and am into my 2nd week of JUDD.

I have been reading a lot about JUDD for quite awhile and decided that I would give it a 'go' and see how my body would react to it. The premise is sound, and the convenience factor is definitely there, so what could I lose.....fat!!!

I had been low carbing off and on since the 70s and got serious again in 09 with Induction. Well, it didn't work anymore! What a disappointment, because I truly believed in low carb, but my body said otherwise.

Off to HHCG and after a number of rounds, I battled the same 10 lbs.

Coming off of HHCG, I maintained for a few months each round, but then the battle would begin. I had 30 lbs. gone, and I kept vowing it would never come back, and 10 lbs came back in each round despite my persistence.

My obsession with food in this last 1.5 weeks has already subsided and am down 4.2 lbs. as of this morning. Granted it is slow, but I have a sense of freedom which more than compensates for the slow release. I now feel I can simply live my life more freely and enjoy my Friday nite dinners with my friends without saying 'no' to this or that.

Anyway, I'm very happy to be joining you all.

Gracie's Journal
Old 10-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Hi,

My name is Gracie and am into my 2nd week of JUDD.

I have been reading a lot about JUDD for quite awhile and decided that I would give it a 'go' and see how my body would react to it. The premise is sound, and the convenience factor is definitely there, so what could I lose.....fat!!!

I had been low carbing off and on since the 70s and got serious again in 09 with Induction. Well, it didn't work anymore! What a disappointment, because I truly believed in low carb, but my body said otherwise.

Off to HHCG and after a number of rounds, I battled the same 10 lbs.

Coming off of HHCG, I maintained for a few months each round, but then the battle would begin. I had 30 lbs. gone, and I kept vowing it would never come back, and 10 lbs came back in each round despite my persistence.

My obsession with food in this last 1.5 weeks has already subsided and am down 4.2 lbs. as of this morning. Granted it is slow, but I have a sense of freedom which more than compensates for the slow release. I now feel I can simply live my life more freely and enjoy my Friday nite dinners with my friends without saying 'no' to this or that.

Anyway, I'm very happy to be joining you all.
So SO happy for you, Gracie! Welcome to the forum. It's wonderful to have you here, and to read your story!

And I know what you mean by the sense of freedom being better than any slow loss! No foods are off limits for us, and there's always tomorrow!
Old 10-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #154

Hi, Gracie! It's wonderful to have you join us here, and interesting to read your story. And exciting that you have already lost weight on JUDDD!

Yeah, JUDDD isn't known for fast weight loss, but I think it's pretty darned good considering you're only on a diet half the time. Most diets would falter if you only did them half the days and then ate anything you wanted on the other days, so that's what I tell myself if I'm ever getting anxious.

Glad you're here, and welcome!
Old 10-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
So SO happy for you, Gracie! Welcome to the forum. It's wonderful to have you here, and to read your story!

And I know what you mean by the sense of freedom being better than any slow loss! No foods are off limits for us, and there's always tomorrow!
Thanks for the warm welcome! Ah, sweet freedom, to be sure!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Hi, Gracie! It's wonderful to have you join us here, and interesting to read your story. And exciting that you have already lost weight on JUDDD!

Yeah, JUDDD isn't known for fast weight loss, but I think it's pretty darned good considering you're only on a diet half the time. Most diets would falter if you only did them half the days and then ate anything you wanted on the other days, so that's what I tell myself if I'm ever getting anxious.

Glad you're here, and welcome!
Thank you, Pat!
I am glad that I read all about JUDD before committing myself to the program because I came in not expecting fast releases as I did on HHCG.
Slow and steady she rolls, eh?!
Old 10-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Gracie.
I am new too, trying JUDD for the second time. I'll be a happy camper if I lose 4.2 lbs by my 2nd week of JUDD, not a slow loss at all.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Good to see you posting Gracie. I'm so impressed with your success and seeing Metqua & Linda on JUDDD that I can't wait to join all the JUDDDers. I'll be starting on next Saturday with a DD and will be seeing you next Sun. to share a filling UP.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdoll24 View Post
Good to see you posting Gracie. I'm so impressed with your success and seeing Metqua & Linda on JUDDD that I can't wait to join all the JUDDDers. I'll be starting on next Saturday with a DD and will be seeing you next Sun. to share a filling UP.
Hi, Ragdoll. It looks like you've done a great job with your hcg protocol. Now it will be great to have you join us here on the JUDDD forum.

Have a great week, and we'll see you over here shortly.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
Hello Laceymichelle!

What a pretty avatar.

I wish you many blessing and the best of luck!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #160
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Ragdoll & Welcome to JUDDD!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
So good to see you here, Gracie & Barbara. Barbara, can't wait for you to start JUDDD.

Gracie, you've been doing great!! Congratulations on getting it down so quickly. I hope to follow in your footsteps and with the help everyone provides here, maybe it won't be so difficult after all.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
So good to see you here, Gracie & Barbara. Barbara, can't wait for you to start JUDDD.

Gracie, you've been doing great!! Congratulations on getting it down so quickly. I hope to follow in your footsteps and with the help everyone provides here, maybe it won't be so difficult after all.
Linda, I think you are really going to appreciate the things JUDDD will do for you! The low days obviously keep weight loss going, or maintaining easily if you're where you'd like to stay, and you look very slim in your avi picture.

And then the UDs will keep goading and nudging your metabolism to rev up, rev up. And give you the nutrition your body needs to recover from those low calorie days, and to heal you and build you and maintain you and sooth you. And delight you.

So glad you're here!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the Welcome. My stats have changed from my avitar picture. Will fill everyone in when I start JUDDD next week.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Gracie.
I am new too, trying JUDD for the second time. I'll be a happy camper if I lose 4.2 lbs by my 2nd week of JUDD, not a slow loss at all.
Well, from all that I have read about JUDD, it looks like you will be that happy camper.

Quote:
It does seem like ole home week, doesn't it Barbara?
Am so glad that you'll be on JUDD by next Saturday, and then, watch out, Olive Garden, here we come!

Quote:

Linda, I started out with 900 calories, then 700 and worked my way down. It was quite by accident, but so happy it turned out that way. It was as if I was introducing my body to what was ahead.
Be kind to yourself, and know that even if you have higher than usual DDs and UPs, you are still decreasing the overall amount of calories.

Patience, Grasshopper! I know you can do this!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #165

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
So this is where all the cool kids hang out I just cannot, not join in. I just have to be here too!! I am on my last round of hhcg and when done plan on doing this as well. Marie is doing it with success as well as others on here that I recognize. I also want to high five beeb for her inspirational and very motivational story Her enthusiasm is infectious I just got the book from the library today and will be reading up on it while I finish this round of hhcg. Once coming off of P3 I will start on JUDD. But would love to keep up with y'all til then. So nice to see such familiar names around here
Old 10-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda, I think you are really going to appreciate the things JUDDD will do for you! The low days obviously keep weight loss going, or maintaining easily if you're where you'd like to stay, and you look very slim in your avi picture.

And then the UDs will keep goading and nudging your metabolism to rev up, rev up. And give you the nutrition your body needs to recover from those low calorie days, and to heal you and build you and maintain you and sooth you. And delight you.

So glad you're here!
Can't tell you how much I appreciate your encouragement, Pat. I am a short 5'3, and weighed about 15 to 20 lbs less in that picture. So, I need to at least get back there, or lower. I thought I could keep to a DD today, but I will try again day after tomorrow. Tomorrow is an UP day And you're right....I'm not gaining.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
So this is where all the cool kids hang out I just cannot, not join in. I just have to be here too!! I am on my last round of hhcg and when done plan on doing this as well. Marie is doing it with success as well as others on here that I recognize. I also want to high five beeb for her inspirational and very motivational story Her enthusiasm is infectious I just got the book from the library today and will be reading up on it while I finish this round of hhcg. Once coming off of P3 I will start on JUDD. But would love to keep up with y'all til then. So nice to see such familiar names around here
Hi Dawn, I'm 1.5 weeks into JUDDD - it's nice to meet you, and I'm excited you're joining in!!
Old 10-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Linda, I started out with 900 calories, then 700 and worked my way down. It was quite by accident, but so happy it turned out that way. It was as if I was introducing my body to what was ahead.
Be kind to yourself, and know that even if you have higher than usual DDs and UPs, you are still decreasing the overall amount of calories.

Patience, Grasshopper! I know you can do this!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks, Gracie! I appreciate the encouragement...and I know you are right. I will start out higher (already have WAY higher) and slide down to lower calories.

Quote:
Oh Dawn!!!! So excited you are here too.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #169

Quote:
Can't tell you how much I appreciate your encouragement, Pat. I am a short 5'3, and weighed about 15 to 20 lbs less in that picture. So, I need to at least get back there, or lower. I thought I could keep to a DD today, but I will try again day after tomorrow. Tomorrow is an UP day And you're right....I'm not gaining.
I'm another shorty of exactly 5'-3" too! We must be twins.

It took me a little while to be able to really get into doing JUDDD at the calorie level I needed to heed. Wow! That seemed like such a small amount of food to endure on a DD! And then I got used to it, so I didn't feel much undue appetite on those days, and I found out which foods I could eat a lot of and satisfy myself with.

Interestingly, a bowl of oatmeal is one of them. Go figure. But I found out that I could nuke up 1/4 cup of oatmeal in 1/2 cup of water, cook it until it was thick and creamy, creamy, creamy, and... since I always liked this with melted butter and brown sugar on it, I sprinkle it with a little salt instead, and either Waldon Farm maple pancake syrup, or... a tablespoon of real brown sugar! LOL Sometimes I splash a little milk on it, and most often I just eat it without. Pure yumminess!

Another thing I've found to be pretty filling for the few calories is green beans, but what I've always liked is 3 Bean Salad, so I just skip the other beans and make that with a can of green beans and some juice from sugar free bread & butter pickles. Close enough for 70 calories! If you're energetic you can chop in some onion, celery, whatever.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceymichelle View Post
Hello! I wld love to join you guys! Been doing vlc, lost 10lbs but now nothing and I'm really missing all the veggies and just not really into eating strict low carb anymore. I've been reading Amit on here and want to give it a go!!! I'm very excited to start! I'm kinda starting today but will have 855 Cals at end if day so Tom will be my fist DD. Wish me luck btw some of the DD snacks I've seen on here look Soooo good I can't wIt to try!
So pleased you are joining us!
You are so close to goal, too...lots of us start juddd to get us to goal...and it usually works pretty quickly!
Then we stay...cos we just love the food...and the company aint bad either!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #171

Quote:
Definitely looking forward to you being over here on the JUDDD Board! This is where all the action is going on these days. Not just weight loss, but healing our bodies and our minds. LOL And having a lot of fun.

Looking forward to your arrival!
Old 10-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #172

Quote:
Definitely looking forward to you being over here on the JUDDD Board! This is where all the action is going on these days. Not just weight loss, but healing our bodies and our minds. LOL And having a lot of fun.

Looking forward to your arrival!
Thanks. I feel like I know everyone already. Barbara, Linda, Gracie, metqa....all my old buds. Cannot wait to share the journey!!! Doing the 500 calorie diet already has me all set up for the DDs. Now I can just relish in getting to have the UDs too
Old 10-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
So pleased you are joining us!
You are so close to goal, too...lots of us start juddd to get us to goal...and it usually works pretty quickly!
Then we stay...cos we just love the food...and the company aint bad either!

hugs
Jo
x
Speaking of goal, I see you made yours +!!! That is fabulous news Congratulations!!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Aaaah, here you are! So happy you are going to join us! Now, just to wait for your round to be over and in the meantime, you'll have plenty of time to read all you can, and find what your calorie levels should be, and you'll be off to a great start.
I'm thrilled that you're here, Dawn!!!

Quote:
Linda, that is wonderful that you're not gaining even with those extra calories! I'm so happy for you, gf!!!
Keep it up! I'm still adjusting my calories, but it's really funny, that each DD my calories are naturally decreasing. I think my body is starting to listen to me!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #175

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Well, Hello Dawn!!! Fancy seeing YOU here! hahaha, It does seem to be a great gathering place , eh?

Wanna say Hey! to everyone, I'm not good at names and remembering folks so sorry for not doing individual greetings.

For all the Folks I DO know well, WhaHOOOO! hahaha! Yeah! Great to see you all here!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Great to see you here Dawn. I'm not going to do a traditional P3. Since I can't wait to start JUDDD, I'll do 2 days of a Medium Day,P3 and then start with a DD next Sat. We'll see how it goes.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #177
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Just want to welcome all the newbies and hope to check up with you all very soon!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
I'm another shorty of exactly 5'-3" too! We must be twins.

It took me a little while to be able to really get into doing JUDDD at the calorie level I needed to heed. Wow! That seemed like such a small amount of food to endure on a DD! And then I got used to it, so I didn't feel much undue appetite on those days, and I found out which foods I could eat a lot of and satisfy myself with.

Interestingly, a bowl of oatmeal is one of them. Go figure. But I found out that I could nuke up 1/4 cup of oatmeal in 1/2 cup of water, cook it until it was thick and creamy, creamy, creamy, and... since I always liked this with melted butter and brown sugar on it, I sprinkle it with a little salt instead, and either Waldon Farm maple pancake syrup, or... a tablespoon of real brown sugar! LOL Sometimes I splash a little milk on it, and most often I just eat it without. Pure yumminess!

Another thing I've found to be pretty filling for the few calories is green beans, but what I've always liked is 3 Bean Salad, so I just skip the other beans and make that with a can of green beans and some juice from sugar free bread & butter pickles. Close enough for 70 calories! If you're energetic you can chop in some onion, celery, whatever.
I love when people post what they eat like you did. That really gave me some ideas. I am so hungry right now for oatmeal but I am already at my 500 cals for the day. I can have it tomorrow or even on my next dd. The green beans are a good one too. If you have anymore good ones for DD please post. Thanks
Old 10-23-2011, 08:58 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmarie
Stats: 325/293.8/150
WOE: low carb
Hi all,

I have decided to give JUDDD a try after reading about the success many have been having. I have lost 100 pounds with LC, but can't seem to lose anymore. I have been losing and gaining the same 5-8 pounds for the past 3 months. I have eaten off plan several times out of sheer frustration, hoping to jumpstart my weight loss. Well that backfired bigtime! I am hoping that calorie restriction/cycling will work for me. I am diabetic, so will probably stay LC for now, but am hoping to be able to eat a few more carbs on UD without blood sugar issues. I tried JUDDD once before while I was on insulin, but couldn't handle the low calories on DD. Now, I am no longer on insulin and my blood sugars seem to be consistently stable.

Today is day 3, 2nd DD. My calories totaled 540 for my first DD and I ate them all in one meal, except for 2-3 tablespoons of half and half in my morning coffee. I seem to to be able to fast until dinner as long as I stay LC. Not sure I would be able to do it if I ate higher carb. I also have a hard time stopping once I start eating. I did buy some atkins shakes to use on DD, but I am not sure I would be satisfied with them since I like to chew my food! Going to try them today and see.

I must say that I find the enthusiasm on this subforum to be contagious!

Kim
Old 10-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #180
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmarie View Post
Hi all,

I have decided to give JUDDD a try after reading about the success many have been having. I have lost 100 pounds with LC, but can't seem to lose anymore. I have been losing and gaining the same 5-8 pounds for the past 3 months. I have eaten off plan several times out of sheer frustration, hoping to jumpstart my weight loss. Well that backfired bigtime! I am hoping that calorie restriction/cycling will work for me. I am diabetic, so will probably stay LC for now, but am hoping to be able to eat a few more carbs on UD without blood sugar issues. I tried JUDDD once before while I was on insulin, but couldn't handle the low calories on DD. Now, I am no longer on insulin and my blood sugars seem to be consistently stable.

Today is day 3, 2nd DD. My calories totaled 540 for my first DD and I ate them all in one meal, except for 2-3 tablespoons of half and half in my morning coffee. I seem to to be able to fast until dinner as long as I stay LC. Not sure I would be able to do it if I ate higher carb. I also have a hard time stopping once I start eating. I did buy some atkins shakes to use on DD, but I am not sure I would be satisfied with them since I like to chew my food! Going to try them today and see.

I must say that I find the enthusiasm on this subforum to be contagious!
Kimmarie! So great to have you here! Others with BS issues are also doing JUDDD (we recently began a thread on here about it) and have found they are able to do higher carb on JUDDD than they thought they would, and BS are doing much better.
Closed Thread