Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #1651
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Andarvea... (oh, I'll need a nickname for you!)... Welcome!
I'll just second the idea that food is more satisfying than shakes for many, but not all, of us. So much of this is being patient enough to discover what works best for you.
And heaps of people start with DD cals at 500, some even higher. And if you lose happily with that, you can stay there or work your way down if you prefer. I started at 316, figuring I could do it by the letter. It didn't work. The deprivation made me crazy. I shifted to 4-500 for DDs and my life got a heckuva lot happier.
Hope this helps. We're thrilled to have you here. Hope you post often.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #1652
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: andareavanti
Stats: 235/158.7/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6/22/12
It is so awesome to have people to connect with! My doctor's office is in Raleigh, NC which is where I am from originally so it is about an hour and 45 minutes from where I live now so I didn't really have anyone to talk to about my hcg experience. This is such an incredible resource and I am looking forward to learning a lot. Thank you for the advice on the calories. I have never done 500 calories without hcg in my system so I think I will stay at the 500 for a while until I get used to it and then we will see. I love that this woe has a built in mechanism that lets you see what is best for your body. So many other plans don't account for individuality and we are all unique. I am excited to see where this journey takes me!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #1653
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jazz1959
Stats: 196/176/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: Nov 2,2010
New to Judd

Hi,

I am trying to figure out all this info on the Judd.. I did Hcg last year and lost 70pds.. I am not maintaining as well as I would like.. I am up 20 pds right now and was debating on doing one more round of HCG to get be back and then try this program..Can someone please explain to me what this is all about or is there a book I can buy to read.. I am totally lost..

Thanks
Cathy
Old 06-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #1654
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Hi andareavanti! I am from the hcg side of things as well. I lost 100 pounds with it (well, actually + that, but-) and then maintained well for 8 months about 5 pounds up from where I ended after adding starches some. Then menohell hit me hard and I jumped up so quick it was ridiculous. I have now done 2 re-do rounds taking off the same 10 pounds and am trying JUDDD to maintain. It appears there are going to be lots of hcg'ers doing this also. JUDDD seems like a great way to learn about our bodies and our minds and get off of doing re-do rounds. Good for you for not cheating on your rounds and for waiting the time between. I did that as well for my rounds except I did jump the gun on my last ones trying to get the weight back off for my hip.

LOTS OF LUCK TO YOU!

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain
Old 06-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #1655
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Hi Jazz! There is a book you can buy - in book form or in kindle. It's called "The Alternate Day Diet" By James B. Johnson, MD.
Congrats on losing 70 pounds! Hopefully this JUDDD thing can help us maintain without deprivation.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #1656
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/152.6/145-150
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 23.2 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz1959 View Post
Hi,

I am trying to figure out all this info on the Judd.. I did Hcg last year and lost 70pds.. I am not maintaining as well as I would like.. I am up 20 pds right now and was debating on doing one more round of HCG to get be back and then try this program..Can someone please explain to me what this is all about or is there a book I can buy to read.. I am totally lost..

Thanks
Cathy
Hi Cathy! Yes, you can buy the book online as the last poster said. I bought mine used on Amazon for $4.00. But you can begin JUDDD right away. Just read the thread "WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE & SEE!!" It is super simple to do. There are so many threads that answer all the questions you may initially have. So Welcome!!! I hope you love it.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:45 AM   #1657
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Jazz, yes the book is available and the Sticky threads at the top of the page are helpful too.

If you go to the Alternate Day Diet website you can enter your details and will get a set of calorie numbers recommended for your weight loss aims. It also gives a brief outline of JUDDD.

Looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #1658
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ninthmuse
Stats: weight is low, low, low!!
WOE: juddd
Start Date: 9th june 2012
hi! and bye for a bit!

have been madly catching up as i haven't been able to make it on here till now and i'm not much use to anyone since p3 of hcg diet is going like an absolute dream and so i won't start judding till next monday when i go into p4!!
go figure
i thought it would go as it has before but i have stayed within a pound of my ldw (last dose weight) so all is well . i haven't had to do a single cd despite the fact that i even forgot to weigh myself a couple of times. i have no idea why this round of hcg worked so well but i can only put it down to the fact that i used patches this time.
note to dawn as you're going back to hcg - patches!!
anyway, i will join you again in a week when i start adding back in the carbs and will be aiming for monday being an ud and will be following the 500 for the dd for some more wl!
thanks for putting up with my infrequent visits! see you soon and i wish you well till next week.debs
Old 06-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #1659
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Star123
Stats: 208/190/128 @ 5`5"
WOE: moderate LC living
Start Date: Restart 08/2014
Hey Ladies... thanks for the big !!! Your`re all so nice and I appreciate the advice you`ve given me. I think this is the WOE I should be doing.

Thanks
Tammy
Old 06-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #1660
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Ladies -- I am making a decision, and I am going to stop JUDDD for now. I think I am trying it way too soon on the heels of hcg p2, and I think my body is fighting me I'm going to do a straight p3 (hope mine goes as well as yours, Muse!) for a few weeks, and just concentrate on eating to hunger, and working out to my maximum potential.

I'll probably try JUDDD again, once my body has fully adjusted to p3 eating and gotten into a groove with the workouts. Or, I may just do one last round of p2 -- oddly enough, I find that easier than JUDDD, at least right now.

I wish you all the best success, and I will keep following your progress ... but I don't think this is the plan for me right now. I suspect at a later point in time, I may have a different experience with it.

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
Old 06-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #1661
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
to everyone!

Mini- don't stay away! Pop in and let us know how you are doing please
Old 06-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #1662
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
[QUOTE=minimonkey;15755631]Ladies -- I am making a decision, and I am going to stop JUDDD for now. I think I am trying it way too soon on the heels of hcg p2, and I think my body is fighting me I'm going to do a straight p3 (hope mine goes as well as yours, Muse!) for a few weeks, and just concentrate on eating to hunger, and working out to my maximum potential.

Minimonkey,

I have been reading the boards to learn as much as I can and have been in awe of all the excercise you do.

My skinny bean pole daughter who played alot of sports in school would actually gain weight when they did their 2-3 week excercise and practice sessions before the seasons began (these were very strenuous).... She gained on average of 10-15 lbs. and it is not just muscle weight you could see it in her face. Not only that her appetite MORE than doubled. When all the hard practice was over the weight would just go away. Appetite back to her picky normal.

Whatever you decide you seem like a very determined person and you'll figure it out.
Good luck to you.

-----------------
MERI
Old 06-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #1663
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bitsky
WOE: HCG VLCD
Start Date: May 26
what is it?

Hello,

I'm about to go into P3 this weekend, I had planned on just following the meal code. I was really looking forward to being done with drops, supplements, remember to not eat or drink 20 min. before and after blah blah blah. I just want to follow the plan and maintain.
Now I'm reading tons about all this good stuff about JUDD. I've googled it and maybe my network at work won't bring it up but I can't really find a lot about 'what it is or how to do it.' When do you start, during P3 or after P3?? Sorry if I'm repeating questions, reading through all the pages in the thread gets tiring after the first few pages...sorry for being lazy!
Oh and I also have seen lots of people using the abbriviations DH, DD, DS, etc. all of these people can't have the same initials...so what do those stand for???
thanks !
Old 06-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #1664

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsky View Post
Hello,

I'm about to go into P3 this weekend, I had planned on just following the meal code. I was really looking forward to being done with drops, supplements, remember to not eat or drink 20 min. before and after blah blah blah. I just want to follow the plan and maintain.
Now I'm reading tons about all this good stuff about JUDD. I've googled it and maybe my network at work won't bring it up but I can't really find a lot about 'what it is or how to do it.' When do you start, during P3 or after P3?? Sorry if I'm repeating questions, reading through all the pages in the thread gets tiring after the first few pages...sorry for being lazy!
Oh and I also have seen lots of people using the abbriviations DH, DD, DS, etc. all of these people can't have the same initials...so what do those stand for???
thanks !
Check out this link WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!! for information on JUDDD.

JUDDD does not have anything to do with HCG, though many come here after doing the protocol. I'm afraid I don't know enough about HCG to answer your questions, but I'm sure a former HCGer will come along shortly.

DH=Dear Husband
DD=Dear Daughter or Down Day (JUDDD alternates Up Days/Down Days--see link)
DS=Dear Son

JUDDD=Dr. Johnson's Up Day Down Day diet

Feel free to ask whatever questions you have. We're a pretty informative group.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #1665
Senior LCF Member

Hi Bitsky!!!

First off - read the sticky thread "WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE & SEE!!" That will get you started. Keep posting and let us know how it goes. You'll love JUDDD. We're so glad to have you here.

Last edited by Heather; 06-27-2012 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: Dawn answered it already. Boy you're fast Dawn!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #1666

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsky View Post
Hello,

thanks !
I always advise NOT starting JUDDD til you are in P4. That means wait and do a 3 weeks' worth of P3 first!! Your body is in protein deficient mode and wants food!!! You are gonna need to eat the next three weeks to get your nutritional stores up so you are good to go with eating JUDDD on P4. One of our hcgers had to drop JUDDD after switching to straight JUDDD from her P2. She was too deprived of food and she wanted to eat. I caution you to start P3 first, stabilize your weight, then move to JUDDD for your P4. Waiting a few weeks will also allow you to learn all about JUDDD first. Maybe check the book out from the library to even see IF you want to do it!!!

That is my plan when I am done with the round I just started
Old 06-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #1667
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bitsky
WOE: HCG VLCD
Start Date: May 26
please help

thanks! I will wait!!
Old 06-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #1668
Senior LCF Member

with you on this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Ladies -- I am making a decision, and I am going to stop JUDDD for now. I think I am trying it way too soon on the heels of hcg p2, and I think my body is fighting me I'm going to do a straight p3 (hope mine goes as well as yours, Muse!) for a few weeks, and just concentrate on eating to hunger, and working out to my maximum potential.

I'll probably try JUDDD again, once my body has fully adjusted to p3 eating and gotten into a groove with the workouts. Or, I may just do one last round of p2 -- oddly enough, I find that easier than JUDDD, at least right now.

I wish you all the best success, and I will keep following your progress ... but I don't think this is the plan for me right now. I suspect at a later point in time, I may have a different experience with it.
i have to say i am glad that i didn't mess around with p3. i think dawn is right - do the p3 and then juddd through p4. once i had made the decision i felt a lot more in control. the problem is in the design of the hcg diet - it's probably one of the few where you really have to see it through.
good luck mini and i'll see you back here later!! debs
Old 06-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #1669
Senior LCF Member

really good advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I always advise NOT starting JUDDD til you are in P4. That means wait and do a 3 weeks' worth of P3 first!! Your body is in protein deficient mode and wants food!!! You are gonna need to eat the next three weeks to get your nutritional stores up so you are good to go with eating JUDDD on P4. One of our hcgers had to drop JUDDD after switching to straight JUDDD from her P2. She was too deprived of food and she wanted to eat. I caution you to start P3 first, stabilize your weight, then move to JUDDD for your P4. Waiting a few weeks will also allow you to learn all about JUDDD first. Maybe check the book out from the library to even see IF you want to do it!!!

That is my plan when I am done with the round I just started
i think you're giving really sound advice to p3ers. as you might have gathered i took your advice on board and did decide to carry on with p3 and not go juddding my way through it and i am so glad i did. this is the most stable p3 i have had and think juddd will be perfect for p4. hopefully i'll see you back here when you're done with your round.
wishing you good successes with this round debs
Old 06-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #1670

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Thanks debs!! I am feeling real good about this round because I have a plan in place. I never had a plan for lifetime eating and am so glad I have found JUDDD. I will see you when you get here too!!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #1671
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jlatislaw
Start Date: June 18, 2012
What an easy "diet" This is my second week - lost 4 lbs the first week. I don't know why, but I'm rarely hungry. I don't count cals on UDs but I guess I will have to start eventually - according to Dr. J.

Thanks for the Welcomes - just sorry it took me so long!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #1672
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlatislaw View Post
What an easy "diet" This is my second week - lost 4 lbs the first week. I don't know why, but I'm rarely hungry. I don't count cals on UDs but I guess I will have to start eventually - according to Dr. J.

Thanks for the Welcomes - just sorry it took me so long!
Yo, welcome J-slaw! So happy to have you here. I know just what you mean, where has this dream diet been all my life??? And so excited for your 4 pounds to the negative! Since you just joined, be sure to join the July Newbie thread when it starts up. We all want to follow your continued success!!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #1673
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260+/182.2/170-175/5'5/52
WOE: Not low carb, but low crap
Old 06-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #1674

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Lost a long post! Wishing Mini well, will miss your intelligent posts x

Judy so pleased this is working out for you..
Old 06-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #1675
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Hi, everyone - I'm new too! Thought I'd introduce myself properly here since the first thing I did on the JUDDD boards was jump in and give advice. (Don't you just love people that do that?)

Anyway.

Where I come from: I'd been doing a low-carb version of Fast Five for 3 months on a Summer challenge, and love intermittent fasting. (Hi, challenge-mates! Happy to see you here, too!) So for our new Autumn challenge, I thought I'd try JUDDD.

I've been doing JUDDD for 10 days or so, and have lost 4 pounds so far. (Hey, it works!) It is so much fun, too. Way too much fun to be a diet!!

I think I eat more food on DDs than UDs, thanks to such nifty inventions as shredded cabbage. I pretty much eat the same way on DDs that I used to eat when I was on Fast Five, but keeping an eye on calories. I, too, drink my sparkling water in pretty antique goblets on DDs.

UDs for me are more restrained in quantities; and as I was saying to my JUDDDing challenge mates, it's more of a mental challenge for me than DDs, which are pretty much "stick with the formula" days. I'm trying to figure out my relationship with lc ice cream.

I don't work too hard at counting calories just yet, but I do measure quantities pretty rigorously. I'm doing 500/2000, every other day rotation. On DDs I'm pretty strict with carbs (15-20g), on UDs more like Atkins maintenance for me (50-75 g).

So far so good...

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:41 AM   #1676

to all the newbies! Once you've made your introductions, be sure to visit July Newbies ~ Post Here! and get in on the conversation there!
Old 07-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #1677
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Check out this link WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!! for information on JUDDD.

DH=Dear Husband
DD=Dear Daughter or Down Day (JUDDD alternates Up Days/Down Days--see link)
DS=Dear Son

:
DAWN - WOWIE!!! I squeeled out loud - 70!!!

Just love seeing that ticker jump! You were at 69 only a short time. So exciting! (And you were just trying to maintain.)

Funny - I thought DH stood for Darling Husband. Guess cause I call him Darling all the time. Guess that's a good thing.

And yes! to the newbies Lynne and Judy!!! Hope you love JUDDD like the rest of us do.

Okay, now I'm going to try to add a thread as an attachment like you do Dawn. Here goes: FAIL - okay I'll go read directions again. I was trying to let the newbies know about the July weigh in thread.

Window of 145-150 goal: Only 2.6 lbs. to go.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #1678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
DAWN - WOWIE!!! I squeeled out loud - 70!!!

Just love seeing that ticker jump! You were at 69 only a short time. So exciting! (And you were just trying to maintain.)

Funny - I thought DH stood for Darling Husband. Guess cause I call him Darling all the time. Guess that's a good thing.

And yes! to the newbies Lynne and Judy!!! Hope you love JUDDD like the rest of us do.

Okay, now I'm going to try to add a thread as an attachment like you do Dawn. Here goes: FAIL - okay I'll go read directions again. I was trying to let the newbies know about the July weigh in thread.
Thanks Heather! I'm happy!

Here's the link for the newbies: JUDDD Daily Weigh-In Tracker ~ July 2012

You go to that thread, select the linkback option at the top, copy the URL, then paste it here. HTH.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #1679
Senior LCF Member

Dawn - GOT IT! Thanks.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #1680
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/176/140, 5'4", 61yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Doesn't the Queen look the best ever in red! I love her too! Thank you for those photos! X-Londoner!

Last edited by jdforshort; 07-03-2012 at 03:50 PM..
Closed Thread