Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 06:29 AM   #1621
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Welcome, everybody! 50by60, Juddd IS creative! Great word for it. And it seems impossible that it could be fun - I mean, it's a diet, right? - but it IS fun We're given this very basic structure, and by doing it we find out what feels best and what satisfies most for each of us. All the while learning whacks of stuff about our relationship to food, weight, and bodies. Feel like I hit the jackpot this time. And you know what? I feel like I was ready for it - for the effort necessary, for the honest look in the mirror, and for the success. I'm not sure I was ready for any of that before now. Happy, happy day.
All the best to everyone new. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #1622
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I'm so far behind on this thread! to all the newbies!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #1623
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kare30bear
Stats: 5' 3": 201(16/17)/137.4(5/6)/120(?)
WOE: LC/JUDDD (6/20/12)
Start Date: LC 3/7/11; restarted LC 4/30/12; JUDDD 6/20/12
I would love to be able to eat anything I want, but when I eat the processed carbs I notice my anxiety really suffers for it. Plus, now I am reading Wheat Belly and it had really opened my eyes to what wheat does to your body & mind so I won't say that I will be perfect 100%, but I am going to try and keep to more natural & healthy foods as much as possible, but I am only human, so if I have an "off" item here or there I will try not to let it guilt me.

I have to get out of the mindset of looking at the carbs first. I went through my cupboards and noticed there are very FEW things that are low in calories. I will have to stock up on some items to get me through DD, if not, I can always make a shake or buy some low cal bars.

Thanks for the welcomes!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #1624
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: luvmyzoe
Starting this week!

Hello all, I've decided to join the JUDDD bandwagon and try it out!

I've tried HCG in the past, but gained it back. Been eating Paleo style for a year now and still haven't lost weight. JUDDD seems more like natural and intuitive way of eating. I look at my gorgeous 14 year old daughter who has a rockin body and she does this way of eating without even realizing it. I've noticed that one day she eats alot and then other days she barely eats anything. So I think JUDDD is the way we are supposed to eat.

Anyway, today is my second DD after a whopping UD yesterday! I gained 4.6 pounds overnight!! WOW! I know it was probably the chinese food I ate for lunch, (although all I had was some Won Ton soup and a fish and veggie dish, and one egg roll) but later in the day, everyone in my office wanted ice cream so they sent me to Burger King to get sundaes, so I got one too since I haven't had one in years! Then I had a huge steak for dinner with a delicious salad and worked out for the first time on months! So I know the weight gain is water, so I'm looking forward to a nice whooosh tomorrow!!

I enjoy seeing everyone's progress! It's so motivating!!

Grace
Old 06-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #1625
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/156.2/145; 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 19.6 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyzoe View Post
Hello all, I've decided to join the JUDDD bandwagon and try it out!

I've tried HCG in the past, but gained it back. Been eating Paleo style for a year now and still haven't lost weight. JUDDD seems more like natural and intuitive way of eating. I look at my gorgeous 14 year old daughter who has a rockin body and she does this way of eating without even realizing it. I've noticed that one day she eats alot and then other days she barely eats anything. So I think JUDDD is the way we are supposed to eat.

Anyway, today is my second DD after a whopping UD yesterday! I gained 4.6 pounds overnight!! WOW! I know it was probably the chinese food I ate for lunch, (although all I had was some Won Ton soup and a fish and veggie dish, and one egg roll) but later in the day, everyone in my office wanted ice cream so they sent me to Burger King to get sundaes, so I got one too since I haven't had one in years! Then I had a huge steak for dinner with a delicious salad and worked out for the first time on months! So I know the weight gain is water, so I'm looking forward to a nice whooosh tomorrow!!

I enjoy seeing everyone's progress! It's so motivating!!

Grace
I love to welcome newcomers. I get so excited for new ones because I love JUDDD so much.

Yeah, that many calories and salty food would make me gain 4+ pounds on an UD. I keep an easy running tab of calories by scribbling on paper. It's faster the caveman way for me now.

Ice cream is a trigger food for me. So I can't keep it in the house. On UD's DH and I go for a McDonald's ice cream cone - 150 calories. I told him, one of these days I'm going to do a DD of 3 cones = 450 calories. He doesn't believe me. But it's TRUE, I'm going to do it. YES, I AM!!!

Good luck I'll be looking for your stats on the weigh ins. I love to see the newbies progress over there.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #1626

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10

I love seeing you all starting the magical JUDDD way of living.

I am sorry I haven't said hi to you individually but you will be so welcomed here. I do hope you will all join the 'June Newbies Post Here' thread, if you haven't already, and if you have any special queries simply start a new thread.

I look forward to seeing all your successes.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #1627
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LeenieX
Stats: 180/173/150 5'9"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6/14/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kare30bear View Post
Okay, I'm hopping onto the JUDDD train. I've been doing 24 hr on, 24 hr off fasting experiments so I think this will be good for me.

Says my UD calories are 1788, DD are 447 for 25% w/light exercise 1-3 times a week. I'm searching through the DD recipe thread to pick out some meal ideas to take advantage of during DD.

I have been doing LC for a little over a year (with a few slips along the way). I plan to stay away from processed foods as much as possible, especially ones containing wheat, I know for a fact that my body & mind do not fair well with those items. (No fun )

Tomorrow will be my first UD. I'm excited to be a part of this new WOL.
Yay!!
Old 06-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #1628
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: June 19 2012
Hello,
I'm new here and hope I post this correctly.
I am so very excited about starting this. I found Juddd last week while searching for a diet plan that had some "off" days.
I've been reading the posts and I want to thank all of you, they are extremely helpful. Please keep posting!!!

I'm slowly figuring out some of the acronyms, but what is HWC that some people have with coffee???
Old 06-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #1629
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LeenieX
Stats: 180/173/150 5'9"
Start Date: 6/14/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyPants View Post
Hello,
I'm new here and hope I post this correctly.
I am so very excited about starting this. I found Juddd last week while searching for a diet plan that had some "off" days.
I've been reading the posts and I want to thank all of you, they are extremely helpful. Please keep posting!!!

I'm slowly figuring out some of the acronyms, but what is HWC that some people have with coffee???
Heavy whipping cream.

Welcome!
Old 06-24-2012, 05:27 AM   #1630
Senior LCF Member

~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeenieX View Post
Heavy whipping cream.

Welcome!

Wow! Does that bring back memories of my HardCore Atkins Days. I really, really enjoyed that with my coffee.

Thanks for the welcome. (I really like these epticon thingies)

I'm not too familiar with posting on forums so, forgive my replies and posts until I get used to it.

---------------------------------
luvmyzoe wrote
>>Anyway, today is my second DD after a whopping UD yesterday! I gained 4.6 pounds overnight!! WOW! I know it was probably the chinese food I ate for lunch, (although all I had was some Won Ton soup and a fish and veggie dish, and one egg roll) but later in the day, everyone in my office wanted ice cream so they sent me to Burger King to get sundaes, so I got one too since I haven't had one in years! Then I had a huge steak for dinner with a delicious salad and worked out for the first time on months! So I know the weight gain is water, so I'm looking forward to a nice whooosh tomorrow!!

Grace,
I just weighed my morning coffee (minus the mug) and it was 11oz that is almost .75 lbs. So just imagine what all that food and drink weigh.

You know when I was explaining this diet to my skinny daugher, who is a few years older than yours, she told me she eats like that too. If she eats alot one day the next day she is not really hungry at all.
My husband (who is thin and stays the same weight)(I hate him) eats like that too... I could never understand how he could say "I'm not hungry, I ate too much yesterday"

Maybe oneday.

~~~~~ Meri

Last edited by GrannyPants; 06-24-2012 at 05:58 AM.. Reason: Learning
Old 06-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #1631
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sammycat
Stats: 139/134/125
Start Date: June 2012
Welcome GrannyPants. Love your avatar.

I hope you enjoy JUDDD. I finished my second week and can see this is a plan for life.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #1632
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
to all the newbies - i'm just over 2 weeks into JUDDD now and love love loving it! Pop over to the June Newbies thread and get to know everyone!

Evie
Old 06-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #1633

Grannypants. i hope you love JUDDD as much as I do. There is great thread for June Newbies on the go.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #1634
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
I'm seriously considering this WOE,too. Friday nights are the hardest for me because DH wants to celebrate the weekend, and I'm naturally enthusiastic,too. I also do cardio, strength & Callanetics several nights a week so I'm building muscle but the scale is slow-moving. I'm also a creature of habit so the U&D cycle shouldn't be a problem. Any advice or suggestions will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Old 06-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #1635
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Hi all.

I am "sort of" new to this. I used to JUDDD a couple of years ago, but let it get away from me and paid the price. I'm back now and down 5 lbs- the first 5 of many.

[QUOTE=GrannyPants;15748520
You know when I was explaining this diet to my skinny daugher, who is a few years older than yours, she told me she eats like that too. If she eats alot one day the next day she is not really hungry at all.
My husband (who is thin and stays the same weight)(I hate him) eats like that too... I could never understand how he could say "I'm not hungry, I ate too much yesterday"

Maybe oneday.

~~~~~ Meri[/QUOTE]

I think this is the way people with "normal" metabolisms feel. My thin son is like that too. If he expends a lot of energy, he eats a lot. If he doesn't, he doesn't. If he overeats one day, he eats very little the next day. No matter how good the food around him tastes. That idea is foriegn to me.

3/24/14- She is Beautiful 10k- I won!, 7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won!
9/14/14- Title 9K- I won!
11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #1636

Bronwen, Gina.

Bronwen if you can just get through a few weeks with the regular rotations you may find you can bend the rules a little to have great Fridays. But, when you think about it, every other Friday you can celebrate the weekend.

Food and drink aren't the only way to celebrate the weekend. I can do the cinema with no food or drink, except maybe a diet coke, why would I eat mindlessly when I am being entertained by a great movie?

Yes Gina, so many 'normal people' JUDDD without even knowing they are doing it, lol.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #1637
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Yes Gina, so many 'normal people' JUDDD without even knowing they are doing it, lol.
So many times in my life I have thought, I just want to be NORMAL like other I see!! Being so relaxed when interacting with food. I want it to be MY normal. And I can see glimmers of hope that this is possible with JUDDD.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #1638
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, Kissa! There are so many threads related to JUDDD, it's hard to wrap your head around everything! No need for me to overthink this --- I just need to DO IT!
Old 06-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #1639
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everybody! Hey Bronwyn, I make DDs more special than UDs. I feel like it's really important to treat myself like a queen on those days. So I can join almost any celebration by toasting with my sparkling water in the best wine glass in the house. I do slices of lemon, lime, cucumber in that water. I make sure it's more beautiful than anything anyone else is drinking!
And I load my calories toward the end of the day. For me, the uber treat is a huge bowl of shirataki noodles stir fried with great spices and hot sauce. Before I add protein, that's only 80 calories, and that's two packs, enough to feed an army. I LOVE it. I'll look forward to hearing what works for you.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #1640
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, Joyjoy! My husband is fructose intolerant, and because of his dietary issues, JUDDD may make it easier for both of us!
Old 06-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #1641

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
This is how my DH and my one DS eat. They are naturally very thin. My DS will eat a donut (of ALL things!!) and leave a single bite on the plate. I am like "Really, you cannot finish just one bite?" And he says "nope, I don't want it I am too full". I am not even sure if this is my child as I would never do that in a million years. He has youth on his size, he is only 13. But he does take after his dad, my DH has been the same jean size since the day I met him 20+ years ago. Me on the other hand up and down the sizes. I hope to be normal one day
Old 06-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #1642
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Star123
Stats: 208/190/128 @ 5`5"
WOE: moderate LC living
Start Date: Restart 08/2014
Hi... I`m starting JUDDD tomorrow... but have a question. Is the first day of the 2 weeks a DD day or an UD? A friend of mine referred me to this WOE. I looked at the success stories and they are awesome losses!!!

Thanks
Old 06-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #1643
Major LCF Poster!

Star, welcome! Good to have you here.
It doesn't matter which day you start with, but many recommend beginning with an UD. They're generally a bit more fun, initially, and it's nice to be really well fuelled before doing your first DD.
Let us know how it goes!
Old 06-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #1644
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Star!

I, too, think you're laying a better foundation for long term success if you start with an UD because as Kristin mentioned, you'll be fully fueled for your first day of teeny calories (DD). And, my own opinion is that from a purely psychological standpoint, it's easier to start a new way of eating by being able to be generous to yourself, as opposed to most others where you have to be really vigilant from the very first day. A small thing, perhaps, but then again, our mindset plays a big role in our individual weight loss.

Here's to your success!

Old 06-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #1645

Grannypants, I love the avatar!

I think one of the great advantages of JUDDD is that it gives us back a 'normal' relationship with food.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #1646
Senior LCF Member

Thanks sammycat and kisha.
Everytime I look at that avatar it makes me
Old 06-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #1647
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: andareavanti
Stats: 235/158.7/135
Start Date: 6/22/12
Hi everyone,

I have completed 4 rounds of hcg and have gone from 235 to 158 and I am trying to get to my goal of 135. I did the homeopathic hcg with my doctor who specializes in integrative medicine. It has taken me a while to get to where I am because I followed the schedule of taking breaks in between.

I found you guys because I was reading over in the hcg threads trying to figure out if I was the only person on the planet that couldn't stabilize. Turns out, I'm not and someone mentioned JUDDD on there so I came over here to check it out. Then I remembered that I had the book on my kindle but I hadn't read it. So last week I spent time reading the book and reading posts on here. I went back to the beginning of the thread where renomom wondered if this diet would work for her. I had been thinking the same thing so I read through it all as well as some posts in other places. I decided that you are all so supportive and helpful that I may as well board the bus, so here I am.

I was 40 days into p4 of my fourth round and I was doing a correction day every other day. I hadn't even added back in starch or sugar really and my weight would still balloon up after a correction day. So, I figured since I was restricting every other day anyway I might as well be in control of it instead of not knowing if I could eat that day or not.

I made last Friday my first up day because I had a lunch date already. We ate at Chili's and I had one of the pieces of bread on my sandwich and black beans as my side - it was heaven. I weighed 157.4 the morning I started and then had my ud and I weighed the same exact thing the next morning - I was amazed because I haven't had any carbs of that sort in prob a year or so.

Saturday was a dd and I did ok, a little hunger but then, I am used to that after 4 rounds of hcg. The next morning I was still 157.4. Yesterday was an up and I went to a potluck at a local farm that sells their produce at the organic market that I go to to get a lot of my food. Well, all of this time of deprivation caught up with me and I went a little wild and I ate too much. It was prob a good thing because I don't want to feel that uncomfortable any time soon! So, this morning my weight was 158.7. I am surprised it wasn't more of a jump so I will take it because it can be explained. I am very analytical and lately with hcg I just couldn't figure out the problem and if you don't know the problem you can't fix it. That left me feeling hopeless.

Anyway, I'm sorry this is so long but I have a few questions that I would like to just see what other people have done:

when I do the calculator online I am 5'3" I was 157.4 at the time and I am 36 so it says my window is 1760 and 352. So, is it ok to follow the induction protocol from the book and go for 500 cal on a dd or should I do what the calculator says and stay at 352?

Also, the book says that you have less chance of being successful if you do not do packaged shakes for the first 2 weeks but when I looked at them they all had a billion ingredients and a lot of soy in them. I did paleo in my p3s of hcg and I am used to eating "clean" so I dont really want to do that. I am also a pro at putting together 500 calorie meals already and in 4 rounds I did not cheat even one time. What have you guys done?

Thanks for your time and for being a great bunch of people!!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #1648

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by andareavanti View Post
Hi everyone,

I have completed 4 rounds of hcg and have gone from 235 to 158 and I am trying to get to my goal of 135. I did the homeopathic hcg with my doctor who specializes in integrative medicine. It has taken me a while to get to where I am because I followed the schedule of taking breaks in between.

I found you guys because I was reading over in the hcg threads trying to figure out if I was the only person on the planet that couldn't stabilize. Turns out, I'm not and someone mentioned JUDDD on there so I came over here to check it out. Then I remembered that I had the book on my kindle but I hadn't read it. So last week I spent time reading the book and reading posts on here. I went back to the beginning of the thread where renomom wondered if this diet would work for her. I had been thinking the same thing so I read through it all as well as some posts in other places. I decided that you are all so supportive and helpful that I may as well board the bus, so here I am.

I was 40 days into p4 of my fourth round and I was doing a correction day every other day. I hadn't even added back in starch or sugar really and my weight would still balloon up after a correction day. So, I figured since I was restricting every other day anyway I might as well be in control of it instead of not knowing if I could eat that day or not.

I made last Friday my first up day because I had a lunch date already. We ate at Chili's and I had one of the pieces of bread on my sandwich and black beans as my side - it was heaven. I weighed 157.4 the morning I started and then had my ud and I weighed the same exact thing the next morning - I was amazed because I haven't had any carbs of that sort in prob a year or so.

Saturday was a dd and I did ok, a little hunger but then, I am used to that after 4 rounds of hcg. The next morning I was still 157.4. Yesterday was an up and I went to a potluck at a local farm that sells their produce at the organic market that I go to to get a lot of my food. Well, all of this time of deprivation caught up with me and I went a little wild and I ate too much. It was prob a good thing because I don't want to feel that uncomfortable any time soon! So, this morning my weight was 158.7. I am surprised it wasn't more of a jump so I will take it because it can be explained. I am very analytical and lately with hcg I just couldn't figure out the problem and if you don't know the problem you can't fix it. That left me feeling hopeless.

Anyway, I'm sorry this is so long but I have a few questions that I would like to just see what other people have done:

when I do the calculator online I am 5'3" I was 157.4 at the time and I am 36 so it says my window is 1760 and 352. So, is it ok to follow the induction protocol from the book and go for 500 cal on a dd or should I do what the calculator says and stay at 352?

Also, the book says that you have less chance of being successful if you do not do packaged shakes for the first 2 weeks but when I looked at them they all had a billion ingredients and a lot of soy in them. I did paleo in my p3s of hcg and I am used to eating "clean" so I dont really want to do that. I am also a pro at putting together 500 calorie meals already and in 4 rounds I did not cheat even one time. What have you guys done?

Thanks for your time and for being a great bunch of people!!
Wow I am amazed 4 rounds and not one cheat??!! That is fantastic!! I am making the leap from hcg to JUDDD back to hcg. I have done lots of rounds of hcg (many more than I had to because of the gains in P4 and the cheating in subsequent rounds ) and got tired of it. Then started JUDDD, didn't get enough of a drop--boy does hcg spoil us so going back to hcg for now. I want to get back to goal and I want to do it by my vacation the end of next month. I know I can do it Good luck on JUDDD!! I loved doing it, just wanted results I could see on the scale much quicker. I am so impatient. I think you will do well.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #1649
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: andareavanti
Stats: 235/158.7/135
Start Date: 6/22/12
Thanks for the encouragement Dawn! I had not planned on starting my last round until October to let my body rest so I figured best case scenario is I can take the last 24 pounds off with JUDDD. If not, I am hoping it will help me to just be stable and give me a little more freedom until then. good luck to you with your hcg round. Vacation will be a strong motivator. Just picture how glad you will be when you are rockin it in a bathng suit!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #1650
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Andreavanti. Welcome.

Most people do not do shakes. Dr. J was just trying to make things easy as far as counting calories went.

It is O K to go to 500 calories. Some people try to work down to the lower amount. You can play around with the numbers and see how you do.
Closed Thread