Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #1561
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ninthmuse
Stats: weight is low, low, low!!
WOE: juddd
Start Date: 9th june 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Hi Debs,

I'm a newbie and really loving JUDDD so far with a 2.2 loss in 3 days.

I found a very helpful thread for me was "Can I lose weight on JUDDD?". All her questions and the answers from the experienced JUDDDers are terrific. Lots of knowledge and support from these folks.

I'll watch for you on the June weigh in thread if you decide to post there.

Heather
hi heather - that's a great loss, wtg!! nice to have other newbies to start off with.

i will have a look at that thread - thank you! i will be hitting the june thread soon so will see you there i expect. yes, the support and words of wisdom is always terrific on lcf so wonder i find myself back here - i was super grateful for it the first time i did hcg. dawn especially! debs

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #1562
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I remember from before you said you did disaster relief. Do you travel out of the country? I know Italy has been having trouble. What a wonderful person you are, very kind hearted

I know what you mean about getting ready for more food Ain't that the truth about the transition to P3???!!! Maybe you can have a few days where you do just P3 so you can get some good food in you and refueled before starting on the alternating low calorie days. Your body should be screaming for the fats right about now (I believe it already is ) and those DDs may be hard to stick with in the beginning. I look forward to seeing how you progress through P3 and JUDDD. I know that mini is ready to take the jump with us too!!
aw shucks 'tis nothing but thank you kindly ma'am!!

yes, am all over the globe - wherever help is needed. it takes its toll though and foodwise it will be so much easier to juddd. although if it's a hot country like bali or indonesia i can hardly eat so lose really quick in a two+ week period but of course the wrong fat goes and then it all comes back anyway!!

i didn't go to italy this time round (love the place but not in those circumstances) but i had colleagues who did and new zealand's quakes were handled by my guys in oz (don't think i would have liked that flight at all!!).

i should have said in my last post that i still have the 3 days vlcd wo hcg!! i am ****ing hungrier than ****!!!! spent this morning washing the car to divert my attention and took 4 hours due to extreme lack of energy - and desire i suspect!!! gave up wondering whether the tablecloth was lc and started daydreaming about bacon fat!! how bizarre - was that the best i could come up with? so, you're right i am needing the fat!

i will have to be really disciplined on the first day of p3 because right now i could eat this week's shopping in one sitting i'm ashamed to say!!

saw that mini was thinking about mixing it up with the juddders - the more the merrier! if more people do it it's that much more experience shared i have to go to bed early so i am that much closer to p3. goodnight all - sorry to love you and leave you but tummy is growling! debs
Old 06-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #1563
Senior LCF Member

a quickie for mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Mini here, jumping in!

Goodbye, weirdly difficult (but reasonably effective) p2 round... I won't miss you!

Hello, first up day ...

I am thinking I will try to stick reasonably close to the p3 rules for the next few weeks, but I've been eating fruit carbs on this rogue p2 (I did a cleanse, and ate fruits and veggies only for most of the round), and I am going to try keeping the fruit, for now ... if that works, terrific.... if not, I'll cut it out for a bit, and add it back in later. I'm also going to eat flax, which I know is somewhat debatable as a p3 food... but I am going to eat it nonetheless, unless it really backfires on me.

I'm tired of the whole hcg/diet mentality -- and although I plan to eat well, stay free of refined sugars and grains, and eat whole foods only, I do want to enjoy eating again. Like Dawn, I have been dieting way too long, and I need a break.
i hear you loud and clear!!! and ditto fed up with p2 and dieting but just 2 more days to go - halleflippinglujah!!! i will be interested to see how you do and if you learn anything interesting i am all ears (there's no smiley for that one unfortunately). anyway, best of luck and i will let you know how i do on p3/juddd too! debs
Old 06-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #1564
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Leisha -- thanks so much for your kind words! I did far too many rounds of hcg -- I actually don't even know how many it was -- but I interspersed them with cycles of muscle building, for a bulking/cutting sort-of effect --- it worked (I have a much better muscle to fat ratio than I did before I started) but I can't live this way forever... and I am ready to try letting it go.

I decided to go straight JUDDD, and just roll with the ups and downs of it, rather than impose the p3 rules on it as well -- so I am eating carbs straight out the gate -- (no grains for now, no refined sugars) -- and I am adding dairy back in, unless it causes me crazy cravings, in which case I will get rid of it again.

I am about to go into some serious muscle-building exercise, and think the carbs may help facilitate that.

I was "****ing hungrier than ****!!!!" (LOL!!) today too -- and I ate a nice, hearty meal, which felt great!

Now, I have a good day of rather heavy household work to do (involves moving furniture and such) -- and may even get in a real workout today!

I'm not going to focus too much on the scale this time around -- it tends to jump around a lot when I am training heavy, and I plan to be doing just that! I figure a bit more jumping around from the JUDDD won't hurt anything, right? LOL

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8

Last edited by minimonkey; 06-10-2012 at 02:33 PM..
Old 06-11-2012, 01:59 AM   #1565
Senior LCF Member

wish i was as brave!

i am a total wimp compared to mini!! i would love to go all out and add in the carbs straightaway so i am watching with great interest although i feel a little guilty making mini my guinea pig but i'm feeling the 'please don't let me gain' fear creeping up on me

here's my update - i'm on the second day of p2 w/o hcg and am officially ready to say i am actually starving so i started the day with a portion of chicken and will eat the same again for lunch and dinner with the other allowances. this increases my protein but nothing else - maybe an extra apple if needed. i don't think i have ever been this hungry on hcg diet, not even in the last 3 days never has my body cried out for food like it is now.

i have decided to treat the hcg patches as hhcg which is to say that i am only going 48 hours, rather than the 72, so i will make the transition to p3 tomorrow. i can't possibly last another day. i'll eat clean for that day but grown up portions, more like an expanded p2. then it's juddding p3 style. i was going to make the first day an up day but decided to introduce the foods back in over a couple of days and then do an up day in earnest and then juddd from there - does this sound logical? debs
Old 06-11-2012, 02:25 AM   #1566
Big Yapper!!!!

Ninthmuse --

First off, I love your username! Not sure if you are referencing something in particular there or not, but it is a great handle.

Second -- I will gladly be your guinea pig -- I make a habit of doing crazy experiments in the name of potential progress, and am always happy to share what works or doesn't, in the event that it may be helpful to someone else.

I feel a bit more free to experiment at the moment, since I have a good ten pounds to shed before hitting goal again -- the fear of gaining isn't so great, weirdly enough. When I get to goal, I get very freaked out about the idea of gaining ... so this isn't a bad time to be switching plans, for me.

I see you are at about my goal weight now -- can I ask how tall you are?

Your plan sounds very logical, and very wise -- I hope it treats you well! Looks like you had a great round, too

If this doesn't work for me to at least maintain, I will go back for another hcg round to goal... but I really hate the idea at the moment. I'm p2ed out. I'm due for some hard and heavy gym time, and if that means the scale goes up a bit, I'll deal with it.

Sorry to hear you are so hungry -- that is such a miserable feeling!!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:30 AM   #1567
Big Yapper!!!!

Ninthmuse --

First off, I love your username! Not sure if you are referencing something in particular there or not, but it is a great handle.

Second -- I will gladly be your guinea pig -- I make a habit of doing crazy experiments in the name of potential progress, and am always happy to share what works or doesn't, in the event that it may be helpful to someone else.

I feel a bit more free to experiment at the moment, since I have a good ten pounds to shed before hitting goal again -- the fear of gaining isn't so great, weirdly enough. When I get to goal, I get very freaked out about the idea of gaining ... so this isn't a bad time to be switching plans, for me.

I see you are at about my goal weight now -- can I ask how tall you are?

Your plan sounds very logical, and very wise -- I hope it treats you well! Looks like you had a great round, too

If this doesn't work for me to at least maintain, I will go back for another hcg round to goal... but I really hate the idea at the moment. I'm p2ed out. I'm due for some hard and heavy gym time, and if that means the scale goes up a bit, I'll deal with it.

Sorry to hear you are so hungry -- that is such a miserable feeling!!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:46 AM   #1568
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: moonbeam_2
Stats: 312/230/140 5'2"
WOE: just hanging on!
Start Date: 2/1/13
Good Morning!

I've been reading the JUDDD threads with interest, and started yesterday with an UD. I'm a serial dieter with some binge tendencies, and am a little worried about my DD today. I decided to start at 700 cals and progress down *if needed*. I'm at 191 right now, and would like to lose about 50 lbs.....of course, as soon as possible
Old 06-11-2012, 06:00 AM   #1569
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hi there Moonbeam and to JUDDD. You have lost so much already you should be so proud of yourself.

I like the "if needed" in your post. Many experts here have started at the 700 level and stayed there, but I have a feeling that they are all a lot taller that you at a tiny 5'2".

It often astonishes people how easy DDs can be. Keep busy and drink lots of water. I am sure it will fly by.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #1570
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam_2 View Post
Good Morning!

I've been reading the JUDDD threads with interest, and started yesterday with an UD. I'm a serial dieter with some binge tendencies, and am a little worried about my DD today. I decided to start at 700 cals and progress down *if needed*. I'm at 191 right now, and would like to lose about 50 lbs.....of course, as soon as possible
Yes, so good to get projects done on DD to fill your mind with something other than food!

I too have had binge tendencies over the years, and I feel as though I am getting a handle on that now with this WOE. I had a friend ask about JUDDD on another forum and why I liked it better than LC or Carb Cycling. Here is my answer...I hope it helps you in your new journey!

For the stalls I have been seeing in my weight loss efforts, I think for me there are a few things in play here:
- The carb cycling worked for a while, but I don't think I was paying enough attention to the calories--LC can be so very high fat/high calorie if I am not careful.
- I think since I am so close to goal I need to look at my calorie intake more. I will say when I went back to counting calories on JUDDD, I noticed that my portions had gotten a bit larger over the years.
- I sometimes would choose less nutrient dense food that did not fill me up enough, so of course I wanted to eat more.
- Always feeling that I "couldn't" have this or that really messed with my eating psyche, and I would binge on a fairly regular basis, then of course feel guilty, then a downward spiral would start and it would take me a while to get back on track.

Thus, no sustained weight loss over the years. I have probably lost the same 10-15 pounds 10 times over the past decade. Hoping that this newly discovered WOE will be IT for me. I certainly don't feel deprived on the Up calorie Days, and watching my calories makes me choose more nutrient dense foods to fill me up until I relearn what I really need to be putting into my body to feel it's best and still lose weight and maintain that weight.

Already I have noticed that I slow down and actually stop myself from eating (or overeating) certain things on my up calorie days because I don't want to feel bad physically if I eat ___________. This is huge for me. I am in control of my choices, truly I can have whatever I want every other day. I had done that here at the beginning and felt worse-physically-afterwards. And I still lost weight! But for once I did not feel that I was "being bad" because I was "allowed" to have it if I wanted it. Just the lifting of guilt has been such a relief for me with this WOE.

If I can continue to lose weight and become smaller and feel more comfortable in my skin, and still keep my sanity, I am sold!

Lost 3 pounds from Jan 1 2012 til April 30 2012 by "eating healthy", LC, etc...
Lost 12 pounds from May 1 2012 til September 1 2012 with JUDDD

Down and Up 10-15# every year since 2000 with VLC, semi LC and Carb Cycling
Anticipating forever success with JUDDD!!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #1571
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlilac
Stats: 235/235/140
Start Date: June 2012
Hi

I started yesterday with a UD and now on a DD.

I had some questions

I went to the main web site and it say my DD is 424 but in the book he said to take in 500 so shd I do 424 or 500?

Do you go to the website each time u lose and get new numbers?

Sorry for the questions but so want to do this right.

I had yo yo dieting all my life and I would love to fine something to be able to do the rest of my life.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #1572
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlilac View Post
Hi

I started yesterday with a UD and now on a DD.

I had some questions

I went to the main web site and it say my DD is 424 but in the book he said to take in 500 so shd I do 424 or 500?

Do you go to the website each time u lose and get new numbers?

Sorry for the questions but so want to do this right.

I had yo yo dieting all my life and I would love to fine something to be able to do the rest of my life.
I am no expert as I have only been doing this for about 6 weeks. I can only speak for myself when I say I thought there was no way I could do less than 500, so that is the # I used for the first two weeks. I chose a higher % for the DD # after that. I figured to lose a bit slower was worth my sanity. Now I keep to about 600 on my DD.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #1573
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sammycat
Stats: 139/134/125
WOE: JUDDD
Hello all- I've been reading JUDDD diaries on several sites and I'm really impressed and curious about this woe.

I'm on my first day of JUDDD after doing Atkins and not feeling great on it. Going to stay away from wheat and use some lc products: wraps and shirataki etc. on both UD and DD.

Starting on a DD as I had a complete pig out last weekend and felt bloated and horrible today so a good day to start.

I've had the same stone to lose forever and struggle to stay on any plan, so I'm really hoping this works I feel it could be 'the answer' for me.

My DD is supposed to be 358 and UP 1792, but I felt 358 is too low for me so doing about 500 and will adjust the 1792 down to the 1600's. Don't know if that' will work? If it doesn't I'll may do the 358 next week after my appetite shrinks a bit.

Look forward to reading more about JUDDD on here
Old 06-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #1574

Sammycat

Dr J recommends starting at 500 for the first 2 weeks, as that is pretty low for most people. I would stick with 1792 on your UDs to start with. It is the 'difference' between the UD and DD calories that we want when we start JUDDDing.

Hope you enjoy this new adventure in eating.

Yet another JUDDDer from the UK, there are quite a crowd of us now.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #1575
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlilac
Stats: 235/235/140
thanks Barb for the response I think I will start at the 500. How often do u go to the site to get your numbers after you loss? Wld u do it once a week if u weight once a week?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #1576
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlilac View Post
thanks Barb for the response I think I will start at the 500. How often do u go to the site to get your numbers after you loss? Wld u do it once a week if u weight once a week?
I have lost 7 pounds and have not recalculated. Not sure what other women do. As long as I keep losing, I am enjoying every calorie!!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #1577

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
The general consensus is to not recalculate unless/until you stop losing. Some people never have to recalculate.

I have a LOT to lose and have lowered my calories three times. However; the last time I lowered, my loss stalled and I had to actually increase them back to where they were. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #1578
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/156.2/149.8
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 19.6 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
The general consensus is to not recalculate unless/until you stop losing. Some people never have to recalculate.

I have a LOT to lose and have lowered my calories three times. However; the last time I lowered, my loss stalled and I had to actually increase them back to where they were. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
This is the best news EVERRRRRRRR!!! I'm lovin' all this food.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:22 AM   #1579

Nice 'diet' huh?
Old 06-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #1580
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NonnyK
Stats: 5" 1' Goal 130-- My Fitness Pal Username: NonnyK
WOE: JUDDDer
Start Date: 06/7/12
New JUDDDer

Hello....I am on my first week.....and hoping I found the diet of a lifetime!
Looking forward to gleaning all I can from all of you!!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #1581

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonnyK View Post
NonnyK! ! This is where I hang out when I'm supposed to be working.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #1582
Senior LCF Member

HAHA! I know! Don't tell my husband.....he thinks I work really hard running the office!!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #1583
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/156.2/149.8
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 19.6 lbs
Quote:

Yes, NonnyK!!! I just finished my first week and love it! So far I've found all the answers to my newbie questions on the JUDDD threads and haven't had to ask any. Hope to see your progress on the June daily weigh in thread.

I know you'll enjoy all the benefits of this WOE like I am. And if you run into problems the JUDDDers on here will help you.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #1584
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Badgerlvr
I know low carb works, but it is easy to get derailed sometimes. Getting back on hard....I have to do some grocery shopping first so I have all things I need to keep me from slipping up. I know the first week is the hardest.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #1585
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tag425
Stats: 160/127/120
WOE: JUDDD since 5/12
Start Date: Hcg 4/12. JUDD 5/12
Quote:
Old 06-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #1586
Senior LCF Member

Signature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
NonnyK! ! This is where I hang out when I'm supposed to be working.
Hey Keira's Mom!! Do we have to special request to have a "signature?"
Old 06-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #1587

Quote:
Hey Keira's Mom!! Do we have to special request to have a "signature?"
It's somewhere in the terms. You have to have 25 posts and have been a member for 25 days or something like that (don't quote me on the actual terms) before you can make your signature. So get to posting!

ETA: I just found the terms and here's what it says about siggies:

"Private Messaging and Blogs are accessible after a member has at least 25 message posts AND has been a member for at least 25 days. The ability to upload attachments and access your Signature is also granted at this time. "

Last edited by KeirasMom; 06-13-2012 at 08:47 AM..
Old 06-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #1588
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Hi everyone!

Started JUDDD a few days ago - i'm on my 2nd DD today - things going great so far.

I really appreciate all the great info and advice on here - i've spent the last few days lurking and reading loads of the posts and just taken the plunge and registered

Old 06-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #1589

Quote:
to this great way of living and losing. "Gleaning," there is a lovely word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post
Hi everyone!

Started JUDDD a few days ago - i'm on my 2nd DD today - things going great so far.

I really appreciate all the great info and advice on here - i've spent the last few days lurking and reading loads of the posts and just taken the plunge and registered

FairyWren, I love your name and Avatar. Good to have you posting here.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #1590

Quote:
to this great way of living and losing. "Gleaning," there is a lovely word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post
Hi everyone!

FairyWren, I love your name and Avatar. Good to have yet another UK member posting here.
Closed Thread