Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #1531
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kreisherk
Stats: 199/188.5/150
WOE: JUDDD along with controlled carbs for now
Start Date: May 2012
Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. I'm hoping I don't gain any weight as I will likely still follow the low carb regimine for now. I would REALLY like to add fruit as a sweet but for now will continue to do the same low carb routine. The only thing is, I was under the impression is was faster than low carb alone but I still have a lot to learn about it. Of course I do realize that JUDDD is not a low carb WOE but that some incorporate the low carb for a maximum benefit.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #1532
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Everyone is different. It may be quick for you and I hope it is. You are quite right, lots of folks do both LC and JUDDD very successfully, but it isn't quite as much fun that way, lol.

There are so many reasons that JUDDD is worth doing in addition to the benefit of weight loss. Your metabolism will really thank you.

Your post just got me thinking about the only trip I made to to the Czech Republic, I could live without those dumplings Congrats on the marriage too.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #1533

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreisherk View Post
Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. I'm hoping I don't gain any weight as I will likely still follow the low carb regimine for now. I would REALLY like to add fruit as a sweet but for now will continue to do the same low carb routine. The only thing is, I was under the impression is was faster than low carb alone but I still have a lot to learn about it. Of course I do realize that JUDDD is not a low carb WOE but that some incorporate the low carb for a maximum benefit.
Now hold on a minute. A stall for 2 days is technically not a true stall. I saw that is what you posted in your first post above. You have to give your plan a good and honest try. I would say at least a month before you decide if it works or not. Your body will not lose weight every single day. And if you poke around this forum, there will be stories of people who stall on JUDDD too. I don't mean to disappoint you, but you WILL stall on ANY plan you choose. What I consider a true stall is going at least 5 days with no change in the scale. I wish you well!!! I want your eyes wide open, and your mind too, when you try JUDDD. Don't cut out when the going gets tough. Give it a good honest try for at least a month and see where you are and go from there. Remember that slow and steady will get you to where you want to be
Old 06-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #1534
Junior LCF Member

@ Dawnyama
Old 06-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #1535
Junior LCF Member

Some very good points Dawnyama. Thank you! I think my problem is that I'm totally frustrated with my weight and really want my clothing to fit. I have great clothing that in about 25lbs I can wear and feel like I just can't push it fast enough.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #1536
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hello! I'm not a newb--have done JUDDD way back when there was only one thread under "Other Plans," .

After struggling with a year and a half stall, I was finally able to reach my goal weight with homeopathic hcg, an I'm hoping to use JUDDD to maintain, or even lose just a little more!

I know I'm preaching to the choir when I say that JUDDD has so many built-in psychological advantages. The DDs help us feel on top and in control of our health and eating, and they set up the UDs to feel enjoyable, well deserved and not frighteningly out of control, (which after years of low-carbing is how I usually feel if I eat anything that isn't meat, haha.)

I've been back on JUDDD for a little over a week, and I feel great! It's good to be back.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 06-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #1537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/134/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Jessica!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreisherk View Post
Some very good points Dawnyama. Thank you! I think my problem is that I'm totally frustrated with my weight and really want my clothing to fit. I have great clothing that in about 25lbs I can wear and feel like I just can't push it fast enough.
Oh, honey I know exactly how you feel I want my weight gone yesterday. But after getting down to goal and having to GET BACK DOWN to goal, I am taking a hard look at my attitude and what I am doing to get there. Slow and steady is probably best, but I want it gone yesterday because bathing suit season is here and mine looks hideous. But I will get there. I will!! JUDDD is already helping with it. Just remember that the ups will outweigh the downs in the end on the scale.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #1539

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Hello! I'm not a newb--have done JUDDD way back when there was only one thread under "Other Plans," .

After struggling with a year and a half stall, I was finally able to reach my goal weight with homeopathic hcg, an I'm hoping to use JUDDD to maintain, or even lose just a little more!

I know I'm preaching to the choir when I say that JUDDD has so many built-in psychological advantages. The DDs help us feel on top and in control of our health and eating, and they set up the UDs to feel enjoyable, well deserved and not frighteningly out of control, (which after years of low-carbing is how I usually feel if I eat anything that isn't meat, haha.)

I've been back on JUDDD for a little over a week, and I feel great! It's good to be back.

Good to see you back JUDDDing Jessica, it is amazing how good it feels isn't it?

I see you are in Orange County, I lived there when my kids were babies in '69/70. Fond memories.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #1540
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/152.6/145-150
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 23.2 lbs
Has anyone seen my Metabolism?

If you find it, would you please return it to me.

Hi JuDDDers,

I should be the Poster Girl for No Metabolism. Hoping JUDDD will save me. I've OD'd on reading up on JUDDD online and all the wonderful posts here by all of you.

I JUDDD from what I've read and before I started yesterday on my first DD. I was down 2 lbs. today. I'm going to weigh only after down days.

DD's will be easy for me - use to starving!
UD's will be fearful - I'm afraid of eating over 1,200, since I maintained 190 lbs. for years at about 1,400. But I totally get what I've read about how JUDDD works. Really sounds miraculous. So I'll try to eat all my UD calories. I read Beeb's Threads: It's so simple...really!! And, You Gotta Eat!! These were so valuable - they should be stickies so Newbs can see them.

Was hoping Atkins would be right for me, but after giving it my all for 1 month, I lost zilch, nada, zero. So here I am.

I'm really, really hoping JUDDD will heal my broken metabolism. It sounds like it has for all of you.

All you JUDDDer's sound so friendly and upbeat. I know why - you're having so much success!!!

Later, Heather

P.S. Wish you successful ones had a thread where each of you would post a short testimony about your success with JUDDD with your stats. It was hard as a Newb bouncing all over the posts to find if people were being successful on this WOE. Maybe there is one and I didn't see it?

February - lost 12 - 1,000 calorie low-fat diet
March - lost 6.6 - 1,000 calorie low-fat diet
April - lost 6.6 - 1,000 calorie low-fat diet
May - lost 0 - Atkins
June - Day 1: lost 2 - JUDDD
Old 06-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #1541

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Heather, that's a great idea for a success story thread. Who wants to start it, and what constitutes a success story? I'm nowhere near goal yet, but have done really well. Lots of other have met and surpassed goal with ease! This could be fun!

ETA: I just remembered this one, which has tons of great motivational stories!
How much weight have *you* lost doing JUDD....

Last edited by KeirasMom; 06-07-2012 at 09:06 PM..
Old 06-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #1542
Senior LCF Member

Dawn -

Funny - I found that thread after my post, and yes, it had the success stories I was looking for. I also realized that looking at the June weigh-in thread is very helpful because it succinctly shows how JUDDDers are doing.

I saw yours this morning and liked how you showed the calories on your UD, DD. Great idea! Wish others would do that - helpful for newbs.

You're doing great! You're one of the 10 or so active JUDDD posters whose posts are so helpful. Keep up the great work. I really do think you're doing fantastic.

Heather
Old 06-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #1543

Heather, it is hard finding all you want to know at first, but we have so many Stickies already, lol.

Although it is great seeing UD calories on the daily weigh in threads, each person's calories are personal to them. We all have different numbers depending on age, height, weight and the % we are choosing to lose or maintain with.

We do have some wonderfully helpful JUDDD BUDDs here. Looking forward to getting to know you and in no time you will be one of those helpful folk too.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #1544
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Dawn, be sure to check out the June Newbies thread. I just joined in May and got great ideas and feedback from other Newbies in the May thread. I also recommend measuring yourself here at the beginning and tracking that, because sometimes the measurements move way faster than the scale. I have only lost 7 pounds and so many people at work think it's way more. You can join us here if you want...

Using Measurements to Track Progress

Another fave thread of mine is...

Non-Scale Victories- please list them

Looking forward to your success!

Lost 3 pounds from Jan 1 2012 til April 30 2012 by "eating healthy", LC, etc...
Lost 12 pounds from May 1 2012 til September 1 2012 with JUDDD

Down and Up 10-15# every year since 2000 with VLC, semi LC and Carb Cycling
Anticipating forever success with JUDDD!!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #1545
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Cindy for the warm welcome! You're one of the 10 or so most active posters whose posts have been so helpful. I'm watching all of you progress. Very exciting!!!

Yeah, you're right about posting the calorie thing. I knew it's not helpful in influencing one's own UD, DD calorie choice unless you know, age, height, activity level of the poster. I guess in truth, it's just more "interesting" than "helpful". Maybe "helpful" for her in keeping track.

Lots of lurkers out there reading you experienced JUDDDers' posts before we decide to try JUDDD. Well, even the Newbs posting their successful first baby steps are really exciting too for that matter. The stats and suggestions convince people to give it a try. You're doing a great service. Thanks so much.

You're new JUDDD Buddd
Heather
Old 06-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #1546

i know what you mean about lurkers Heather.

I, too, did a bit of that before starting JUDDD and it was the wonderful input and support here that made me want to try it. I has been a life changing experience for me and I feel honoured to be able to encourage new comers.

I had been Low Carbing for over 10 years and had been hanging on to an extra 10 pounds or so that I couldn't seem to shift. I started to drop my calories right down and saw the scale move a tiny bit. Then I came to JUDDD and within a month I was at goal and continue to stay at or as much 5 pounds below with no hassle.

I did stay LC for the first couple of weeks but was astonished to find that I really could eat carbs, of all kinds, and continue to feel great and lose weight. I had given up all hope of that. For me, one of the great joys of this way of life is sharing food with all my family and friends without them constantly making allowance for my choices.

The journey is different for all of us, but JUDDD is a great healer and for most of us, it quite simply works.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 06-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #1547
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Barb. I know you were replying to me, Heather, not Dawn.

I'll check out those threads for sure. I take my measurements once a month and yeah, I agree it's important.

But hey - I'm sure you've heard of this. I also have a pair of too tight pants and blouse that I put on to see how they are looser each week or so. Wow!!! That is soooo exciting when they are looser. When they get so loose that I can wear them, I then switch to some tighter ones. That's my idea of having a good time

The clothes can't lie. When that tape doesn't show a loss in inches, HEY, I just pull it tighter - works every time!!!
I don't believe other people's lies, but I'll believe my own if it makes me feel better!!!

See you on a thread! Your new JUDDD Buddd

JUDDD lover,
Heather

Last edited by Heather; 06-08-2012 at 10:54 AM..
Old 06-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #1548
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ninthmuse
Stats: weight is low, low, low!!
WOE: juddd
Start Date: 9th june 2012
newbie to judd!

hi juddders - i tried the june newbies thread but there was only one post there and it didn't look right so here i am.
i am a very soon to be ex-hcger (never again) - love the losses, hate all the cds as they never feel under my control. basically, i have never maintained well and i am sick of it - please don't ask me why i did another round of hcg - i think i lost my brain fat!!
anyway, blithering on - i am just about to finish another round of hcg (last day of p2 tomorrow) and as p3 approaches i have decided that juddding looks like a woe i can handle easily and would be under my control - so i'm wanting to switch as soon as possible. can anyone here relate the way they switched from hcg to juddd, particularly coming out of p2 into p3? i'm really interested to hear who has done what and how!
thanks for the help - if it's on another thread somewhere can someone point me in the right direction? thanks - deb
Old 06-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #1549
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Thanks Barb. I know you were replying to me, Heather, not Dawn.

I'll check out those threads for sure. I take my measurements once a month and yeah, I agree it's important.

But hey - I'm sure you've heard of this. I also have a pair of too tight pants and blouse that I put on to see how they are looser each week or so. Wow!!! That is soooo exciting when they are looser. When they get so loose that I can wear them, I then switch to some tighter ones. That's my idea of having a good time

The clothes can't lie. When that tape doesn't show a loss in inches, HEY, I just pull it tighter - works every time!!!
I don't believe other people's lies, but I'll believe my own if it makes me feel better!!!

See you on a thread! Your new JUDDD Buddd

JUDDD lover,
Heather
Sorry about that Heather! That's what happens when we are so excited about this WOE that we don't look closely enough at the post we think we are responding to!

Love your sense of humor, look forward to your other musings and observations about this journey we are on!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthmuse View Post
hi juddders - i tried the june newbies thread but there was only one post there and it didn't look right so here i am.
i am a very soon to be ex-hcger (never again) - love the losses, hate all the cds as they never feel under my control. basically, i have never maintained well and i am sick of it - please don't ask me why i did another round of hcg - i think i lost my brain fat!!
anyway, blithering on - i am just about to finish another round of hcg (last day of p2 tomorrow) and as p3 approaches i have decided that juddding looks like a woe i can handle easily and would be under my control - so i'm wanting to switch as soon as possible. can anyone here relate the way they switched from hcg to juddd, particularly coming out of p2 into p3? i'm really interested to hear who has done what and how!
thanks for the help - if it's on another thread somewhere can someone point me in the right direction? thanks - deb
Here ya go:

REALLY want to start JUDDD! HCG is killing me!

and another:

arose JUDDD maintenance

Just a quick search on this forum gave me these 2 threads. I am sure there are more, but I will let you search for them

Last edited by dawnyama; 06-08-2012 at 02:24 PM..
Old 06-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #1551

Hi Ninth Muse, I see you are another UK JUDDDer. I know nothing about HCG, but I do know the this really works.

Why is the June Newbies thread so quiet? It just buzzed in April and May... grrr.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #1552
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
The journey is different for all of us, but JUDDD is a great healer and for most of us, it quite simply works.
Thanks Cindy, You're one of the JUDDD SuperStars. Such a JUDDD success - giving us new ones hope that we'll have the same experience.

First 2 days good: weight loss/high energy to exercise/no hunger on DD/obsession with food diminishing.

I expect stalls of course. Anything much worse than that you'll hear my screams all the way from California.

Lovin' JUDDD
Heather

P.S. - Yeah, you DO look like Twiggy! (saw a poster tell you that)
Old 06-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #1553

I'll be listening!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #1554
Senior LCF Member

thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Here ya go:

REALLY want to start JUDDD! HCG is killing me!

and another:

arose JUDDD maintenance

Just a quick search on this forum gave me these 2 threads. I am sure there are more, but I will let you search for them
i am a rubbish forumite - there's nothing i can't find on the internet for research and i work with 3 computers including macs!! but when it comes to forums, i am apologetically rubbish so this is 'a sorry' for what should have been a simple thing for me to do - search the forums/threads - but somehow i didn't get the results you did dawn!

anyway, i had a look at the threads you gave me and very informative they were too. i have decided not to mess with the gains i've made and to juddd my way through p3 - with p3 foods - to consolidate and maintain. then in p4 i will continue to juddd and slowly add in the carbs. then will juddd for further weight loss.

i can't tell you how much i am looking forward to juddding! everytime i write that i think of bob marley's 'we're jamming' or in this case 'we're juddding'!! got that silly song going round in my head now!!

okay, back to the matter in hand. final day of p2 with 15 lb loss but am absolutely, unbelievably hungry today (briefly wondered whether the tablecloth was lc!) and can't for the life of me think how to get through the next 3 days without going completely insane!! i will have to tough it out. stiff upper lip and all that! i am a little out of sync in terms of time zones but will keep checking in every day unless i get called out. planet earth has far too many disasters for my liking!!

will let you know how i progress as i move through p3 juddd style. dh is going to start juddding when i hit p4 so we will be in it together! debs
Old 06-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #1555
Senior LCF Member

hello fellow brit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hi Ninth Muse, I see you are another UK JUDDDer. I know nothing about HCG, but I do know the this really works.

Why is the June Newbies thread so quiet? It just buzzed in April and May... grrr.
hi kissa another brit, that's great - whilst lurking i did see that there was a brit and ex-pat thread and i thought i spied you on it, was that you?

from what i can tell juddding seems to be very sustainable and controllable and i am all for that since i never stabilised well on hcg, lost brilliantly though so i have to say i am very excited to start. debs
Old 06-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #1556
Senior LCF Member

Hi Debs,

I'm a newbie and really loving JUDDD so far with a 2.2 loss in 3 days.

I found a very helpful thread for me was "Can I lose weight on JUDDD?". All her questions and the answers from the experienced JUDDDers are terrific. Lots of knowledge and support from these folks.

I'll watch for you on the June weigh in thread if you decide to post there.

Heather
Old 06-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #1557

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthmuse View Post
i am a rubbish forumite - there's nothing i can't find on the internet for research and i work with 3 computers including macs!! but when it comes to forums, i am apologetically rubbish so this is 'a sorry' for what should have been a simple thing for me to do - search the forums/threads - but somehow i didn't get the results you did dawn!

anyway, i had a look at the threads you gave me and very informative they were too. i have decided not to mess with the gains i've made and to juddd my way through p3 - with p3 foods - to consolidate and maintain. then in p4 i will continue to juddd and slowly add in the carbs. then will juddd for further weight loss.

i can't tell you how much i am looking forward to juddding! everytime i write that i think of bob marley's 'we're jamming' or in this case 'we're juddding'!! got that silly song going round in my head now!!

okay, back to the matter in hand. final day of p2 with 15 lb loss but am absolutely, unbelievably hungry today (briefly wondered whether the tablecloth was lc!) and can't for the life of me think how to get through the next 3 days without going completely insane!! i will have to tough it out. stiff upper lip and all that! i am a little out of sync in terms of time zones but will keep checking in every day unless i get called out. planet earth has far too many disasters for my liking!!

will let you know how i progress as i move through p3 juddd style. dh is going to start juddding when i hit p4 so we will be in it together! debs
I remember from before you said you did disaster relief. Do you travel out of the country? I know Italy has been having trouble. What a wonderful person you are, very kind hearted

I know what you mean about getting ready for more food Ain't that the truth about the transition to P3???!!! Maybe you can have a few days where you do just P3 so you can get some good food in you and refueled before starting on the alternating low calorie days. Your body should be screaming for the fats right about now (I believe it already is ) and those DDs may be hard to stick with in the beginning. I look forward to seeing how you progress through P3 and JUDDD. I know that mini is ready to take the jump with us too!!
Old 06-10-2012, 02:40 AM   #1558
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Mini here, jumping in!

Goodbye, weirdly difficult (but reasonably effective) p2 round... I won't miss you!

Hello, first up day ...

I am thinking I will try to stick reasonably close to the p3 rules for the next few weeks, but I've been eating fruit carbs on this rogue p2 (I did a cleanse, and ate fruits and veggies only for most of the round), and I am going to try keeping the fruit, for now ... if that works, terrific.... if not, I'll cut it out for a bit, and add it back in later. I'm also going to eat flax, which I know is somewhat debatable as a p3 food... but I am going to eat it nonetheless, unless it really backfires on me.

I'm tired of the whole hcg/diet mentality -- and although I plan to eat well, stay free of refined sugars and grains, and eat whole foods only, I do want to enjoy eating again. Like Dawn, I have been dieting way too long, and I need a break.

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
Old 06-10-2012, 02:42 AM   #1559
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
OH... and did I mention that I am SO READY to hit the gym again??? That is the worst part of p2 for me... I miss my workouts!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #1560
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leisha
Stats: 210/195/155
WOE: Weight Watchers 360
Start Date: May 2014 this round!
Mini....I have admired you from afar on the hcg boards!!
....and all of those work outs! You look amazing! You're my hero! One round of hcg was too much mentally for me! How many rounds have you done now?

I'm new to JUDDD and honestly I've had a problem already but like hcg I have to get in the correct mindset for the down days and I don't think I was completely ready. I think I'm there now though!
Closed Thread