Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #1471
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillo View Post
Howdy! I'm a success story already.
I lost about 40 pounds on WeightWatchers, then I got bored and quit losing, but maintained my loss.
Then I did MEDI weight loss and Very Low Carb and lost another 40 pounds, which I'm continuing to keep off.
Now I'm going to try JUDDD to get the last 25 pounds off. My goal is to go from 175 to 150 and then see how I feel and look.

I bought the book and I'm reading these threads. I took some Resveratrol a little while ago.
I'm making today my first induction Down Day.

For some reason, I prefer to use the WW points system to count calories. So, I have 4 "points" left out of my 10 for today.
I'm going to aim to stay in the range I got off Dr J's site.

AND I'm going to make sure all my calories are low-carb. Woohoo!!
and congratulations on making it this far.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #1472
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtilla View Post
Thanks to all for your warm welcome!!today is the end of my first week of JUDDD,so easy till now..today i had a black dress and EVERYONE at work asked me how much I lost!!! I'll weigh next friday.

..as always sorry for my english !!
I'm behind again but wanted to welcome you.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #1473
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelinesdream View Post
Hi I wanna do JUDD. I have a head of cabbage 2 zucchini and I bought some cheese wedges today. I'm not good at figuring out how many calories is in that cabbage though. I'll have to not be lazy and look for a site with it. I'm gonna make a big pot and eat from it for the day like the JUDD recipes thread shows. Today I'm on an HCG CD cause I was too chicken to weigh myself. Tomorrow I wanna do a dd with a cabbage recipe. I need to press past this intertia. Thanks for your support!
I like
Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Cabbage, raw
for nutritional information.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #1474
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameena View Post
Hi all I have been lurking on these boards for the past week and decided to give JUDDD a try. After a failed attempt to start back on Atkins! This way I can still have my foods I crave from time to time, Yeah!!

Yesterday was my first DD and I have to admit it was difficult. I was trying to do mostly Atkins shakes. I realize that I need to incorporate some low cal meals in there. Last night I was looking at some of the awesome recipes on here, so I am going to give those a shot. But I am hopeful because I was down 1.6 pounds this morning! So I will keep you updated on my progress and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and lending support and encouragement. You all seem incredibly nice and helpful!
DDs get easier. I like protein shakes or coconut oil to keep me satiated but eating real food is a requirement for me.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #1475
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hi everyone! I've been a lurker for weeks and feel I need to jump in to join all this great support!! I've done low carb before and lost weight and in the past year I did Medifast and lost 25-30 lbs but slowly. Out of frustration and boredom, I stopped around the holidays and gained back all that loss in a very short time (argh!!why is it so easy to put back on!!!???) I went back to low carb but its just not working for me any more! I have lost and regained the same 25-30 lbs and am frustrated beyond belief. After 6-8 weeks of low carb and a mere 4 lb weight loss, I'm giving JUDDD a try because I think I find it too easy to eat too many calories with low carb when I'm only counting the carbs. I also seem to be a VERY slow loser no matter why I try.

I have a dilemma already and I'll post that as a separate thread and am looking forward to advice from the veterans here . Thanks in advance and hello to everyone!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #1476
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Thank you all for the welcomes!! I'm sorry I'm in a hurry, but I think this is what makes JUDDD so special......

You all are the best.

Thanks again,
Anna
Old 05-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #1477
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
again to all you new JUDDD BUDDDs.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Do pop into this month's Newbie thread, 'May Newbies..'
Old 05-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #1478
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: karosd42
Stats: 220/209/150
WOE: Atkins now JUDDD
Start Date: 05/18/12 JUDDD
yep, another newbie to JUDDD

Just started JUDDDing yesterday, with a DD. Didn't plan to start yesterday, it just kinda happened lol, but went well. I have tried LC with some prior success, but during a super stressful time last year, went off the program all together and of course, put back on 30 of my 40lb weight loss. Have restarted LC, but things aren't moving at all, so have been lurking in this forum for a few weeks and have Dr. J's book from the library. Will be combining with relatively LC on my up days I think since it's how I am use to eating for the last year. Lots to learn, so will be haunting alot of the threads to gather as much of your generous knowledge as I can. Have about 60 lbs to take off, so looking forward to this part of the journey!
Old 05-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #1479

I love how you say it just 'happened', lol.

Glad it went well.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:13 AM   #1480
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mirtilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtilla View Post
Hi, Iím Mirtilla from Italy( sorry for my EnglishÖ!!), Iím 45, married and 2 kids, I weigh 71 kg (I'm 162 cm meters tall) and since 2000 I live with Hashimoto, so with a very lazy thyroid!!
I've been stalking this forum for a few weeks and it's awesome. All you seem so nice and helpful, and seem to really care about each other.There are a lot of great information here and many, many useful posts!!
I've been overweight since many years, now I found a doctor who switched my meds from Eutirox ( similar to levothyroxine) to Nature throid, so now I fell much better and with more energy.
Iíve read a lot here about JUDDD and I began last Friday( 11/5),for a 2 week trial, I Ďm doing DD of 500, and UD of 1700 (according to the calculator ) and itís wonderful to have a new freedom about food!! At the end of these 2 weeks, Iíl weigh myself, and Iím already sure Iíve found a way to lose weight that I can live with.
I exercise ( at home, at 05.00 AMÖ.no time for gym between an office job and my family!!) moderately 4/5 times a week and I love fast walking, when I can.

I fell so inspired and encouraged by the support, love and friendship on this forum, Really looking forward to my JUDDD journey! Iíll give you soon my updates!!
Hello everyone! Yesterday, unfortunately, I discovered that my scale was broken, so the weight from which I started on 11/5 was wrong.. ok, never mind .... I consider now that Iíll begin today with the first 2 weeks, with a weight of "real" 72.6 Ö... today DD day, I found in a shop the Gluc and today for the first time I will make a Gluc pudding!
Old 05-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #1481

That was not what you needed Mirtilla!

You might enjoy posting here May Newbies Please Post Here with the other May Newbies.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #1482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: zeraspride
Stats: Highest 282.5 CW: 265 GW: 160
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 5/21/12
I never introduced myself, silly me!

Hi everyone. My name is Lisa. I am coming from a long history of low carbbing. Lost over 100 pounds and kept it off for about 2 years - it's all back now!!! I've done Weight Watchers and seriously considered WLS - but stumbled on this section of the boards and so glad I did! I was feeling so low I was ready to give up ever getting this weight off.

I have killer arthritis in both knees, type 2 diabetes and liver disease. Each of these conditions can be improved with weight loss so I'm excited to try this program. I will only weight once per week because I can't stand the bouncing around the scale does.

I look forward to getting to you know you all. This is the Day 4 of the program for me and already my knees do not ache as much as I've been able to start walking at lunch time again - you don't know how wonderful that is!

I am going to copy my post to the May Newbies thread too.

If food is not the problem, eating is not the solution!

Better to have 100 enemies outside your car than one enemy in the car with you - an Arabian proverb

Down 12.8 pounds
Old 05-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #1483

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Lisa!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #1484
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Henush
Stats: 220
WOE: JUDDD/Fast-5
Start Date: Restart - September 2013
Joining JUDDD

I've been watching your group for a couple of weeks and reading up on JUDDD, but I've decided to finally come out and join you too!
I always lost well on South Beach, and felt that the SB way resonated with me - since my teenage years. But, since I had my daughter (over 1 year ago), I haven't been able to lose at all. I just was stuck in a rut...but I seemed to be maintaining well. However, I do want to drop the 45 lb I gained in pregnancy, so... that's what brings me here. Having my 2nd DD today...actually, here in Israel it's almost over lol... So happy to have made the leap...I've NEVER counted my calories before, so I am trying to be extra vigilant (at least for now...)
Old 05-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #1485

all.

I am so missing being able to do personals, but pretty hectic at present.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:05 AM   #1486
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Hi everybody! Welcome to the best place ever. Looking forward to being on this trip with you,
Kristin
Old 05-26-2012, 05:36 AM   #1487
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Hi all

My name is Colette and Im from Australia. I've been looking around here for 2 days now and really wanted to join in and introduce myself.
To be honest, I've never really been overweight, but at 42yrs young with a thyroid problem (finally on meds and in the normal range), i have gained 17-18 lbs. I know it probably doesnt sound like alot, but i'm only 4' 10". And feeling very heavy i might add. None of my jeans fit comfortably anymore and am just darn unhappy about it.

The induction phase says 500 calories daily. My DD says 500 calories, and UD says 1700 calories. Can someone chime in and advise if thats correct. I dont really exercise but am planning to walk 30-40 min walk at least 2-3 times a week. Is the Induction phase 500 cals daily for 2 weeks or can i start straight up doing DD and UD? I think i will be taking a multi vitamin/mineral too?

Im thinking Im going to be ok on this WOE because i really have to remember to eat half the time because I'm generally not hungry.

Anyway, Im glad to be here and hope someone will chime in and add some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Colette

Last edited by Mitsa; 05-26-2012 at 06:02 AM..
Old 05-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #1488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsa View Post
Hi all

My name is Colette and Im from Australia. I've been looking around here for 2 days now and really wanted to join in and introduce myself.
To be honest, I've never really been overweight, but at 42yrs young with a thyroid problem (finally on meds and in the normal range), i have gained 17-18 lbs. I know it probably doesnt sound like alot, but i'm only 4' 10". And feeling very heavy i might add. None of my jeans fit comfortably anymore and am just darn unhappy about it.

The induction phase says 500 calories daily. My DD says 500 calories, and UD says 1700 calories. Can someone chime in and advise if thats correct. I dont really exercise but am planning to walk 30-40 min walk at least 2-3 times a week. Is the Induction phase 500 cals daily for 2 weeks or can i start straight up doing DD and UD? I think i will be taking a multi vitamin/mineral too?

Im thinking Im going to be ok on this WOE because i really have to remember to eat half the time because I'm generally not hungry.

Anyway, Im glad to be here and hope someone will chime in and add some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Colette

I put in your statistics in the calculator (4'10", 42, female, no exercise) and got 299/1493. It's okay to go up to 500 (some go a little higher) for the first two weeks, then work your way down to your 299. Some never have to go below 500. The induction is alternating your UD/DD calories, NOT 500 calories every day. You should go by what the calculator gives you for at least 2 weeks to a month before tweaking anything.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #1489
Senior LCF Member

Hi Dawn

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Im glad you cleared that up for me. Although I've read the Juddd website, i still couldnt work out if it was 500 for 2 weeks straight.

Awesome!!
You seem to have alot of success. has it been difficult for you?
Old 05-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #1490

It has been the easiest plan I've ever followed, honestly. It's all about respecting your calories, up days and down days alike. I lost very quickly doing that, usually between 2.5 to 3 pounds per week, but I had/have a LOT to lose, so it goes more quickly for me than you will probably see. I also eat whatever I want. I don't limit carbs, I drink wine often and have chocolate sometimes. IMHO, JUDDD is the most amazing plan there is.

A couple of months ago I was diagnosed hypothyroid and am trying to get my medication regulated. My loss has slowed down significantly since then. It was also pointed out that I'd lost over 20% of my body weight pretty quickly, and perhaps my body needs a little break. So right now, I'm taking a month or so and eating a little below maintenance numbers and not trying to lose, while I get my meds right. I'm calling it a maintenance break. Then I'll go back into WLM and try to get the rest of the weight off. I'm only telling you this in case you look at the daily weigh-in thread and see I am not losing much right now. That's on purpose.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 05-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #1491
Senior LCF Member

Thyroid problems are annoying. Ive had mine off/on since 1996.. It was overactive then (Graves disease).

I totally understand that a smaller person will not have the same weight loss numbers weekly compared to a person who has more to lose . No offence intended.

well im excited !!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #1492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsa View Post
Thyroid problems are annoying. Ive had mine off/on since 1996.. It was overactive then (Graves disease).

I totally understand that a smaller person will not have the same weight loss numbers weekly compared to a person who has more to lose . No offence intended.

well im excited !!
None taken. again. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #1493
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Keri K
Start Date: Which time?
I have just ordered the ebook to my Kindle and am in the research phase but hope to start with a DD tomorrow.
I have approx 50 lbs to lose (again) and am going to print out a calendar and hope that my UDs correspond with some social events we have this summer!

For other newbies who are looking for some success stories, I've found this thread.
How much weight have *you* lost doing JUDD....

Last edited by Keri K; 05-27-2012 at 05:34 AM..
Old 05-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #1494
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keri K View Post
For other newbies who are looking for some success stories, I've found this thread.
How much weight have *you* lost doing JUDD....
Thanks Keri for resurrecting this thread, love it!! I am going to bump it because I think it's important to look back and see what we have accomplished. BTW, check out the Non Scale Victories thread. Also so very encouraging outlooks and input from others, way beyond what we see on the scale. Best to you!! Looking forward to your success.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #1495
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rosehip
Stats: 217/194.5/145 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: LC Jan 2012/ JUDDD May 2012
Hi

I just switched from Atkins (2nd time around) to JUDDD after getting tired of continuous stalls and plateaus on Atkins. Plus I loved the thought of eating fruit and drinking wine on occasion..

I've been following JUDDD for two weeks and have seen a consistent loss! I love it! I honestly can't believe that I have such a reduced appetite on Up Days....I really get full naturally as opposed to before JUDD when it seemed like I could eat and eat and eat...

So far so good
Old 05-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #1496
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome, everybody! I appreciate the courage it takes to leap in here. You've joined a marvellous group of people. All the best,
Kristin
Old 05-28-2012, 04:11 AM   #1497

Mitsa, Kerry and Rosehip.

Lovely to have you with us. This is the most fun way to slim down I have ever found, and the support here is fantastic.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #1498
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tag425
Stats: 160/127/120
WOE: JUDDD since 5/12
Start Date: Hcg 4/12. JUDD 5/12
I have been lurking these pages for weeks!! I have learned a lot from everyone on this site. I am loving this woe very much! I have been JUDDing for the last 3 weeks, only lost 1 lb so far, but coming from HCG, I expect my body needed time to heal/recover. I am happy to be a newbe on this very supportive community!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #1499
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome, Tag (and everyone else)! I lost and gained the same four pounds for the first four weeks. Didn't love that But in those four weeks I moved down a full size in clothing! Bizarre. Who knows what my body's priorities are when starting out? Reintroducing carbs, dealing with my obsession with numbers on a scale, I have no idea. And I don't care much at this point because my body feels happier, healthier, and leaner. Wuhoo! I look forward to hearing all your stories,
Kristin
Old 05-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #1500

Tag, your stats are amazing. Congratulations on the wonderful loss.

I am so glad you are enjoying JUDDD and seeing progress, slow is fine, not everyone can drop a ton in the first month.
Closed Thread