Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
I'm guessing I should intro myself as another member who was lured in here by the awesome post by Beeb in the main lobby. I just started JUDDD this past week, and I'm struggling with the DD's. Not with hungry per se, but wanting to eat. Being much older than most here, I have to be very careful about the UD's I think.
I've always strugged w/ weight and hoping this will be the answer, although I am reserving judgement.
Hey Linda, I started JUDDD with having just left an unsuccessful start to HCG so I had DD in mind of those low calorie days, but You don't have to start as low as that. I didn't use the JUDDD calculator, I used my own as that's been good for me all this time. and Honestly, I'm being rogue with this as well as I am not staying down to 340 whatever that JUDDD calc said and many days I'm over 500 or even 600. I think the idea is to just keep it as low as you can, and let the UP days mitigate it for you.

With the Up days, By Careful, do you mean not triggering cravings or something? I think the way you maintained before would be a good way to think of Up Days with some leeway for foods you may not normally eat but might want to have some, so long as it's within your caloric range. I have had horrible up days with bread crusts and store biscuits and I've still not gone 2lb over and STAYED. It seems to always come back down after the Down day.

My first week was backwards, i gained on down days and lost on down days, but it should be an up and down motion on the scale ( for those who daily weigh) But it caught up and now I'm up after up days and down after down days.

For me the It's sorta easy for up days cause I still eat somewhat high fat, but it's not low carb at all lately, but tht's not my goal and i'm still managing to maintain near/at LDW.

Don't fret, I think you will do just fine! give it two weeks. One to see if you can stick with it and another to see what kind of results you'll have once you are into the groove.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #122
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Sheri and SO to have you here with us! It's a great WOE and a great family!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sibylle
Stats: 170/150/120
WOE: HF/VLC
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
And so glad to see you here with us! OK, to answer your questions, the best I can by my experience:

My DD starting cals were 345 and I KNEW I would never be able to do this little so I used a number between the 40% and 45% on the calculator to get myself going, which came to 700 cals. I left the suggested UD cals alone and started on JUDDD with an UD, which I always suggest because it makes the 1st DD so much easier, I think. It worked just fine for me. You can start at 500 cals or somewhere in between the suggested 849 and move down to 500 if you are so inclined after a few UDs and DDs, or just stay there or even up those DD cals to the full 849 if you find you can still lose that way. Keep the UD calories, even though they may seem high,pretty much alone. You may also want to go to other calorie calculators and do several then take an average for the UDs and DDs and use those number.

See, the magic of JUDDD is that is works around us and how we live, as long as we work that calorie gap for each day as suggested and by the percentages suggested. So....play around some, see what works for you, tweak up or down but just be sure to make the gap between the UD and DD just as suggested by the percentages on JUDDD.

All the rest is just being patient and letting JUDDD work it's magic even though it may not make sense. I will suggest you read the threads here as much as you can, and plan/track/measure/weigh everything on your DDs. It really goes make a difference!

Looking forward to seeing your progress and your posts!
Hi Beeb,
Thank you for your precious input in the matter. I will follow your advice and play around with the cal numbers. So far it is day five for me and I feel very well. No hunger pangs at all. I am careful with carbs after having done VLC for such a long time. I hink you posted it in the main lobby: It is such a relief not to have to religiously watch carb intake. I really do share this opinion. I will certainly read the threads here as and continue using ****** to stay on track. And also I will post as much as I can. I am very happy having switched to JUDD. It's very nice community here! Sib
Old 10-21-2011, 05:34 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
Hi everyone,

I would love to join the group. I have been reading the JUDDD area for about 2 weeks and after yesterdays binge....I thought, well why not make it day one and an up day??

Everyone in here is so nice, supportive and positive. I really need some positivity after 10 years of really never being able to keep to low carb.

I often joke that my body can live on air..even when I am vlc and almost fasting my body won't give up the pounds....I always stall and then I have trouble staying motivated when I seem to be depriving myself for nothing.

Since yesterday was my official up day..yet unplanned. I am not quite prepared for todays DD. I already had HWC in my coffee. I would say 100 calories?
I have to hit the grocery store for some Low cal food.

I hope to get to know everyone and provide as much to the group as I take

Another note: I think I am going to keep to moderate LC (I think I am allergic to wheat) and not snack. On DD have one meal and UP have 2...or 1 really huge meal depending

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
I didn't really realize that that was my first post. I am more active on another LC board and keep my journal there...but I read this board all the time

I feel like I know all of you already, but you guys don't even know I exist.

Shelley
mom of 2
Low carber attempter for 10 years
almost 40
trying very hard to take control of my eating habits

Old 10-21-2011, 05:40 AM   #126
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
I didn't really realize that that was my first post. I am more active on another LC board and keep my journal there...but I read this board all the time

Shelley
mom of 2
almost 40

Hi Shelley! So nice to meet you! I only joined LCF in the summer, and just started JUDDD a little over a week ago.

I think you will find a number of us either weren't satisfied with weight loss on LC, you're not alone.

Welcome to JUDDD!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:51 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
I'm still new, but hello to the rest of the new people!!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:20 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alibaba
Stats: 240(pregnant)/176/165
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: 5/12/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
I'm still new, but hello to the rest of the new people!!
Me too! I'm now starting my third week and still have alot to learn. Welcome everyone, let's do this together!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:26 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Thank you so much, everyone, for your warm welcome. It's very much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Hey Linda, I started JUDDD with having just left an unsuccessful start to HCG so I had DD in mind of those low calorie days, but You don't have to start as low as that. I didn't use the JUDDD calculator, I used my own as that's been good for me all this time. and Honestly, I'm being rogue with this as well as I am not staying down to 340 whatever that JUDDD calc said and many days I'm over 500 or even 600. I think the idea is to just keep it as low as you can, and let the UP days mitigate it for you.

With the Up days, By Careful, do you mean not triggering cravings or something? I think the way you maintained before would be a good way to think of Up Days with some leeway for foods you may not normally eat but might want to have some, so long as it's within your caloric range. I have had horrible up days with bread crusts and store biscuits and I've still not gone 2lb over and STAYED. It seems to always come back down after the Down day.

Thank you, everyone, for your warm welcome. Hoping this will be the way I can either lose again or at least maintain.

My first week was backwards, i gained on down days and lost on down days, but it should be an up and down motion on the scale ( for those who daily weigh) But it caught up and now I'm up after up days and down after down days.

For me the It's sorta easy for up days cause I still eat somewhat high fat, but it's not low carb at all lately, but tht's not my goal and i'm still managing to maintain near/at LDW.

Don't fret, I think you will do just fine! give it two weeks. One to see if you can stick with it and another to see what kind of results you'll have once you are into the groove.
Metqa, what I meant by "being careful" is that I am older than most on here (soon to be 66) and won't need as many calories as I would like to eat or as many as I used to eat. That has been a lot of my problem and hcg didn't take my appetite away like it was supposed to, no matter the type I tried. So, I need to be careful on my up days not to eat too much and negate the down days.
Thanks so much for your encouragement.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #130

Quote:

Shelley
mom of 2
almost 40

Haha, You are a Qualified Lurker!! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Thank you so much, everyone, for your warm welcome. It's very much appreciated.

Metqa, what I meant by "being careful" is that I am older than most on here (soon to be 66) and won't need as many calories as I would like to eat or as many as I used to eat. That has been a lot of my problem and hcg didn't take my appetite away like it was supposed to, no matter the type I tried. So, I need to be careful on my up days not to eat too much and negate the down days.
Thanks so much for your encouragement.
I see, That will be a challenge. Even with my regular non-JUDDD calculator, I'm sure I'd eat more than my calorie limit, even if I were being good, if I weren't counting.

I feel a rift between High Fat eating and Calorie counting, how much they are at odds, cause obviously fat has more calories, but I don't want to fool myself into eating low fat just for the calories. High fat should and usually does keep me sated so I hope that with UD DD that still works. that's why I decided to use EFGT ratios. So even if I don't get to eat as much as I want, I should be getting enough fat and protein to not be hungry or to be healthy at least.

What WOE do you plan to use for Up Days. What do you think you'd be most comfortable with?
Old 10-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #131

Quote:

Shelley
mom of 2
almost 40

and glad to have you here! Introduce yourself (if you haven't already) on the newbie thread!!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:06 AM   #132

Silly Beeb, This IS the newbie thread!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:18 AM   #133

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
addict1000, ... Hi, Shelley! You're going to love it here, and I'll bet you are going to do very well here! Give yourself a few days to get your bearings. Having yesterday be your first day, and an UD, is a good idea. If you went overboard anyway, you can cut some of that damage by doing a Down Day today, and already you will be putting JUDDD to work for you.

If you've been lurking and reading here for awhile, I know you probably already feel pretty well at home, but if you have any questions or troubles or anything at all, just speak up.

Welcome, and I hope you'll spend a lot of time with us here.

alibaba, how are you doing? I hope this is working well for you, and that you are working it well to your benefit! Your avi picture is so beautiful. You look like a beautiful painting from the Renaissance!

lindaokc, I think you are going to love JUDDD and the benefits it will provide for you as the weeks go by. I'm an older gal too, midway between age 68 and age 69, and I haven't felt this fabulous and strong and energetic in years! JUDDD didn't make my wrinkles go away, but I do feel younger now than I have in the past quite a few years, much to my delight.

And... I'm not done eating Christmas Cookies. Well, what I mean is that I truly do enjoy the foods I choose to eat and enjoy on JUDDD, because the pastries the little French Cafe offers are baked by them, real French pastry chefs, from France, and given to me by God, I swear! I really do still love mashed potatoes with my meatloaf, saltine crackers in my soup, and an occasional bowl of corn flakes with milk and sugar. In other words, I'm enjoying my foods a whole lot more these days!

But aside from the food I choose to include in my diet, which we all eat at the carb level we feel happiest at, this diet has returned my body's function to a far more normal state than anything previous to this!!! My response to foods, my metabolism of calories, my sleeping and my waking, my lab levels and and my levels of aches and pains, all vastly improved. Despite being hypothyroid, diagnosed with fibromyalgia and arthritis from years ago, my pain is almost non-existent these days. Since JUDDD.

I hope you are as happy with this plan as I have become!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Silly Beeb, This IS the newbie thread!
Thanks Metqa! Too much going on in the Beeb's head anymore!
Old 10-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
So, I have to confess, I dabbled with JUDDD last week to see if I could hack it. I didn't want to post before I was sure. Seeing Stardustshadow's recent thread, on top of all the others, was the final push I needed.
Last week's experiment revealed some issues I have to figure my way around. One reason why I've been very hesitant to try JUDDD is because the online calculator tells me I can only have 340 calories on a down day. I simply can't do that. If I don't eat adequately, I feel dizzy and light headed. Last Wednesday, I almost passed out while driving. I figured out why so I know how to avoid that again. On Friday, I ate an apple (first one in nearly two years). It caused my inner ears to itch (this happens to me when I drink Hi-C brand orange drink... isn't that the strangest thing you've ever heard?) and it made me absolutely ravenous. On Saturday, I went completely off the rails. I think I ate every kind of starch I've been avoiding the last nearly two years. I felt like crap and lost all the progress I had made the previous week (had lost 3 pounds which are still hanging on). Another lesson learned. I am convinced that grain and fruit carbs (and sugar) are not my friends, and I can't have them often.

My approach to JUDDD is KISS. At this time, I'm just going to keep it super simple. My regular egg shake for breakfast, homemade veggie soup for lunch, and salad with lean protein for dinner on down days. Normal low carb on up days. Occasionally, I'll have something carby on an up day, but I just can't do that all the time -- I think it would kill me

So, yesterday was my first official day of JUDDD. It was an up day. Today is my first official down day. So far, so good. I'm not going to log my food just yet. I don't want to obsess. Logging causes me to obsess.

For those not familiar with my story, I've been stalled for almost a year. I've tried all the standard advice, and some not-so-standard. I've been maintaining recklessly for a couple of months, but I'm sick of being fat, so here I am.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<275/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
Last week's experiment revealed some issues I have to figure my way around. One reason why I've been very hesitant to try JUDDD is because the online calculator tells me I can only have 340 calories on a down day. I simply can't do that.
The 340 calories are probably the 20% option. You could start out higher.
On the calculator page, it is stated several times that 500 calories per day is recommended during the 2-week induction phase.
I don't plan to go lower than 30-35% for quite a while...although yesterday I went a bit lower because I felt fine and wasn't hungry.
But for the first week, I've allowed myself more calories on DDs to ease myself into this WOE.

Sorry you felt so bad, but I think you can have success at higher calorie levels!

I get inner ear problems, too, when I have sugar!
Itching, fluid and congestion, and even earaches.
I had the problem for years and didn't make the sugar connection until I started LC and Metformin, and my ears cleared up...they get bad again though if I slip up, though.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
Old 10-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alibaba
Stats: 240(pregnant)/176/165
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: 5/12/14
[QUOTE=SoHappy;15108704]addict1000,

alibaba, how are you doing? I hope this is working well for you, and that you are working it well to your benefit! Your avi picture is so beautiful. You look like a beautiful painting from the Renaissance!

[QUOTE]

Wow! That's about the nicest compliment I've ever gotten! I'm doing good - down 7-8 lbs in my first 2 weeks! Pretty awesome if you as me! I'm really just shooting for 2 lbs a week, but I'll take 3 or 4 anyday!
Old 10-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
So, I have to confess, I dabbled with JUDDD last week to see if I could hack it. I didn't want to post before I was sure. Seeing Stardustshadow's recent thread, on top of all the others, was the final push I needed.
Last week's experiment revealed some issues I have to figure my way around. One reason why I've been very hesitant to try JUDDD is because the online calculator tells me I can only have 340 calories on a down day. I simply can't do that. If I don't eat adequately, I feel dizzy and light headed. Last Wednesday, I almost passed out while driving. I figured out why so I know how to avoid that again. On Friday, I ate an apple (first one in nearly two years). It caused my inner ears to itch (this happens to me when I drink Hi-C brand orange drink... isn't that the strangest thing you've ever heard?) and it made me absolutely ravenous. On Saturday, I went completely off the rails. I think I ate every kind of starch I've been avoiding the last nearly two years. I felt like crap and lost all the progress I had made the previous week (had lost 3 pounds which are still hanging on). Another lesson learned. I am convinced that grain and fruit carbs (and sugar) are not my friends, and I can't have them often.

My approach to JUDDD is KISS. At this time, I'm just going to keep it super simple. My regular egg shake for breakfast, homemade veggie soup for lunch, and salad with lean protein for dinner on down days. Normal low carb on up days. Occasionally, I'll have something carby on an up day, but I just can't do that all the time -- I think it would kill me

So, yesterday was my first official day of JUDDD. It was an up day. Today is my first official down day. So far, so good. I'm not going to log my food just yet. I don't want to obsess. Logging causes me to obsess.

For those not familiar with my story, I've been stalled for almost a year. I've tried all the standard advice, and some not-so-standard. I've been maintaining recklessly for a couple of months, but I'm sick of being fat, so here I am.
Hi Speck, glad to have you here. Sorry you've had troubles with your woe. One good thing about JUDDD is you can use whatever foods you like and do best with.

Your DD calories sound quite low, and I think you could adjust up the percent. I know I am allowed almost 600 according to that calculator at 35% weight loss mode and sedentary, but when I was getting started, my DD went over 700 and I've been able to gradually turn them down.

Give yourself some time to adjust to it. You can do low carb. Good luck with this DD
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 10-21-2011 at 02:57 PM..
Old 10-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #139
Blabbermouth!!!

[quote=alibaba;15109838][QUOTE=SoHappy;15108704]addict1000,

Quote:

Wow! That's about the nicest compliment I've ever gotten! I'm doing good - down 7-8 lbs in my first 2 weeks! Pretty awesome if you as me! I'm really just shooting for 2 lbs a week, but I'll take 3 or 4 anyday!
Amazing, you!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, I see that now (about the calculator). At 35% is says 600. That I can do. Oh, I didn't feel so bad all the time... just really bad a couple of times. I will get the hang of it. Thanks for the welcomes and advice.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #141

Quote:

Welcome, Speck.

Truthfully, I believe that what you will end up having happen to you if you follow JUDDD truly for awhile is that it will give you weight loss, which is where we all seem to focus, which is natural, but I think it will increase your metabolism, so that you will be a better burning machine from now on.

And even more importantly than those two things is that I think it will *heal* you, to the extent that it will make your body work a whole lot more like it should, like humans are supposed to work. I think after awhile, you will wake up one day and say, "You know what? I'm not the same as I used to be. My food responses are more normal, my appetite and hunger levels are normalized, my responses to trigger foods are more normal. When it comes to me and food... my body works a whole lot better than it used to." That's what I think is going to happen for you.

We have people here who have binge disorder and various eating issues, and JUDDD helps them come to terms with it all, as in.. there isn't anything they can't have on JUDDD, so no real need to binge anymore... nothing is a no-no here. No need to fight for control over anything. JUDDD will take care of everything, freeing the mind to just go on vacation and relax. Oh... and maybe order another margarita with dinner. If there is ever another slip-up, oh well. JUDDD just forgives, and life goes on. But not many slip-ups ever happen anymore, because the brain just doesn't need them anymore.

We have people here who are diabetic. They are learning how to eat as needed for successful Down Days, at the same time they are finding out they can enjoy a wider and fuller variety of foods on their Up Days than they had thought might be allowed for them anymore, and they're keeping blood sugar levels well within bounds. And they're feeling better all the time.

Ouizoid has patients with asthma on JUDDD, and symptoms disappear!!! OMG!

So for coming to terms with *issues* this plan seems to somehow strengthen people. And you are in absolute and complete control of the foods you want to eat on this plan. No lists of foods you have to include. No lists of foods that are forbidden to you. Whatever you want to include or avoid is just fine with JUDDD. JUDDD isn't about the food choices, or the carb levels, or the percentages of the macronutrients.. it's only about the calories, and the Up and Down rhythm of the days.

(Your story of eating more carbs than you are used to is not unusual. Because JUDDD allows anything, most of us go overboard on carbs first thing. LOL And then we settle back into how important they are going to be to us in our plan, and some of us eat more and some eat fewer, but that's all up to us individually. But just a fun side note that we all seem to make a mad rush to eat them when we start our first day or two of JUDDD.)

And as to your calorie ceilings for Up and Down Days.. the JUDDD site is usually thought to give people a bit too high UD number, so we always suggest folks figure on several different sites and then take an average for their UD maintenance level of calories. And then you can figure your DD calories from that. Want to lose really fast? Go for only 20% of your UD calories. Think that extremely tiny number of calories will be impossible for you? Go for 35% of your UD calories. Well.. most of us go for 500 calorie Down Days, and if we can't stick to them right off the bat, we start at 700 and work backwards. LOL

You'll undoubtedly tweak this plan the way almost everyone tweaks and does their so-called Atkins.

But if you do this remotely correctly with keeping low on DDs and going high on UDs, I'll bet you lose body fat and enjoy your high calorie days of not having to diet at the same time. Great joy!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #142
Blabbermouth!!!

I love how freeing JUDDD is.

Not only that I could literally, if I wanted, eat ANYTHING on my UD, but because I know this, a lot of things don't have the "pull" I thought they would. There are so many formerly forbidden foods in my house right now, but I'm not running to dive into them (well most of them, lol). Partly because I know they will be there for another UD if I don't get to them today or the next one or the next one.

When I start an UD, it seems like a blank slate has been cleaned from the previous DD, and the new UD is open to any possibility I can imagine.

And DD have a fun discipline about them (if that's not too much of an oxymoron! ) and seem to refresh and renew.

I have learned, first from LC, then from JUDDD, that I can trust my body to make the choices it needs. On my last UD, for some reason I was so hungry and ate and ate during a four-hour window (Big Mac, french fries, pizza, potato chips, etc.), and got the bulk of my calories during that time, and actually lost on the scales the next day.

And today, another UD, I ate a huge breakfast that formed the bulk of my calories today and have hardly been hungry the rest of the day. My body knows how to sort itself out, it seems. It's kinda cool

Just some random thoughts about JUDDD here, hoping it helps someone else too
Old 10-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #143
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, Pat and Sophie. I'm looking forward to the journey.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:48 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Hi guys,
I plan on restarting JUDDD again next week - I just did one dd and one ud just to see what it was like this week. I have tooooo much stuff going on this weekend to try to stress about what I can eat.
Anyways, I figured out my cals for the THIRD time and it came up with ANOTHER set of cals!! WTH! I am so confused I just laughed. This time, it told me 1938 for UD and btw 394 and 629 for DD. I think it was the exercise option that I changed. I exercise about 3-4 times a week but not always. So I think this is the option I am going to stick with.
Anyway, now that I've been able to read more threads I think that I will be able to get the hang of it real quick. *fingers crossed*

-Erin
Old 10-22-2011, 06:02 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
Hi guys,
I plan on restarting JUDDD again next week - I just did one dd and one ud just to see what it was like this week. I have tooooo much stuff going on this weekend to try to stress about what I can eat.
Anyways, I figured out my cals for the THIRD time and it came up with ANOTHER set of cals!! WTH! I am so confused I just laughed. This time, it told me 1938 for UD and btw 394 and 629 for DD. I think it was the exercise option that I changed. I exercise about 3-4 times a week but not always. So I think this is the option I am going to stick with.
Anyway, now that I've been able to read more threads I think that I will be able to get the hang of it real quick. *fingers crossed*

-Erin
Erin, I think you will be able to get into it real quick once you actually get started. And once you're *into* it.. you will find you are completely able to work in busy weekends like this one with relative ease, so you won't have to worry about Holidays and Parties and Celebrations, etc. anymore. JUDDD will be able to fit into pretty much any social occasions you have in life.

I was also going to reply about the UD calorie numbers you come up with. The number one thing most people do is really over estimate their exercise amounts on those calculators, so they end up being given calorie numbers that are too high. You really have to know the difference between kinda' working out, usually two or three times a week, and powerful workouts complete with dripping running sweat, elevated heart over an extended period, working muscles until they are weary, etc. All the ways people exercise. And yes, walking five miles a day is great too. I'm just saying that it's human nature to overstate our exercise level, and then be happier with the higher calorie number we're given, but that doesn't do us any favors when it comes to making JUDDD work for us for easy weight loss. BUT, ... you may not be doing this at all. I just wanted to mention it, just in case..

It sounds like you are going to have a fun-filled weekend. You can tell us about it when you get back, and when you get started into JUDDD again, I'm sure you will be very successful.

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-22-2011 at 06:03 AM..
Old 10-22-2011, 06:25 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Thanks Pat! Normally I wouldn't stress about packed weekends but since it's my birthday this weekend I plan to eat all the cake I can handle! lol! And I just know my family gatherings this weekend won't have much for options at all: fried chicken, pastas, cakes, cookies, potatoes, etc, etc...And you're right about the exercise too. I do callanetics but I wouldn't say that is heavy exercise at all, even though it's definitely a great workout!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
Thanks Pat! Normally I wouldn't stress about packed weekends but since it's my birthday this weekend I plan to eat all the cake I can handle! lol! And I just know my family gatherings this weekend won't have much for options at all: fried chicken, pastas, cakes, cookies, potatoes, etc, etc...And you're right about the exercise too. I do callanetics but I wouldn't say that is heavy exercise at all, even though it's definitely a great workout!
Happy Birthday! If I was there, I'd eat a piece of cake with you to celebrate. Because I can do that on JUDDD!

Have a fun weekend, and we'll be ready to encourage you to a good start on JUDDD when you're ready.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:51 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
[QUOTE=sophiethecat;15109957]I love how freeing JUDDD is.

I second that!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laceymichelle
Stats: 150/127/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 12
Hello! I wld love to join you guys! Been doing vlc, lost 10lbs but now nothing and I'm really missing all the veggies and just not really into eating strict low carb anymore. I've been reading Amit on here and want to give it a go!!! I'm very excited to start! I'm kinda starting today but will have 855 Cals at end if day so Tom will be my fist DD. Wish me luck btw some of the DD snacks I've seen on here look Soooo good I can't wIt to try!
Old 10-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #150
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceymichelle View Post
Hello! I wld love to join you guys! Been doing vlc, lost 10lbs but now nothing and I'm really missing all the veggies and just not really into eating strict low carb anymore. I've been reading Amit on here and want to give it a go!!! I'm very excited to start! I'm kinda starting today but will have 855 Cals at end if day so Tom will be my fist DD. Wish me luck btw some of the DD snacks I've seen on here look Soooo good I can't wIt to try!
Yaayyy!! LaceyMichelle!!!
Closed Thread