Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #1441
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: Low Carb ala JUDDD
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
but what is:
UUAD? does that mean a really high calorie additional day?
UUD? really high calorie day?

I'v always assumed UUAD is an up up and away day - way over the limit and and UUP would be and Up and then Up more day. Anyhow, they are way over the UD calorie limits. Probably not good if you really want to lose weight, but on JUDDD it doesn't seem to really matter at times so you can enjoy an UUAD. I think Kissa has it down to a real science! She enjoys wonderful meals out to the fullest and is still a tiny thing.

Ah - the JUDDD Magic that lets us use those terms..........

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #1442
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
WTG on a successful first DD, and to the group!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #1443
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: winnie_p
WOE: JUDDD
Hello! I have been enjoying reading this board so much for the past day or so. I am new to the board, but have done JUDDD on my own before. I looked all over for a support board, but the few I found were very low traffic, and there were lots of stories of people struggling or quitting--not very encouraging!

Anyway--in early 2011 I used JUDDD for a few months to lose 20 or 30 pounds. I don't remember exactly how long or how much, but I found it wildly effective. It also improved my allergies/sinus issues and the redness I have in my face.

Last time I did three down days/week on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. I didn't track calories on up days. I also tried not to eat until dinner on my down days. This led to dreading those three days every week, and I couldn't stomach the thought of doing it anymore.

This time around I am thrilled to see so many people active on this board, and even more thrilled to see lovely ladies who have reached their goal or below and are successfully maintaining. I have been struggling with terrible allergies this year, and I restarted going to Weight Watchers meetings. I love the meetings even if I don't follow the plan to a T. I am going to get to my goal--about 30 pounds away, and become a lifetime member at WW, improve my allergies and skin, improve digestive issues, and maintain.

I feel like I was meant to find this board and restart a plan that I liked so much. I will do several things differently this time--try to stick more to the rotating schedule instead of three set down days; eat more during the day on down days, but not until late lunchtime; Use some of the great low-calorie down day recipes; track my up days; believe that it can be done and maintained long-term this time; do it as much for the anti-inflammatory effect as the easy weight loss/maintenance. I guess the list could go on!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #1444

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie_p View Post
Hello! I have been enjoying reading this board so much for the past day or so. I am new to the board, but have done JUDDD on my own before. I looked all over for a support board, but the few I found were very low traffic, and there were lots of stories of people struggling or quitting--not very encouraging!

Anyway--in early 2011 I used JUDDD for a few months to lose 20 or 30 pounds. I don't remember exactly how long or how much, but I found it wildly effective. It also improved my allergies/sinus issues and the redness I have in my face.

Last time I did three down days/week on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. I didn't track calories on up days. I also tried not to eat until dinner on my down days. This led to dreading those three days every week, and I couldn't stomach the thought of doing it anymore.

This time around I am thrilled to see so many people active on this board, and even more thrilled to see lovely ladies who have reached their goal or below and are successfully maintaining. I have been struggling with terrible allergies this year, and I restarted going to Weight Watchers meetings. I love the meetings even if I don't follow the plan to a T. I am going to get to my goal--about 30 pounds away, and become a lifetime member at WW, improve my allergies and skin, improve digestive issues, and maintain.

I feel like I was meant to find this board and restart a plan that I liked so much. I will do several things differently this time--try to stick more to the rotating schedule instead of three set down days; eat more during the day on down days, but not until late lunchtime; Use some of the great low-calorie down day recipes; track my up days; believe that it can be done and maintained long-term this time; do it as much for the anti-inflammatory effect as the easy weight loss/maintenance. I guess the list could go on!
Welcome. I think the bolded above sounds like a great plan, especially to help keep you from dreading those DDs. Many of us find we either look forward to the DDs or don't feel anything about it one way or the other. To me, it's just another day with it's own set of benefits, just like the UD.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #1445

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hello Mary, I am so glad that you have found JUDDD and do hope that it will get off the weight you gained over the holidays. It is certainly an easier way to live than your MedWeightLoss sounds, And certainly more economical.

Sea Breezes (thank you) is spot on with her explanation of our terms.

Jo, well done on a good DD, they are doable although it sounds scary.

Last edited by Kissa; 05-10-2012 at 11:50 AM..
Old 05-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #1446

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie_p View Post

So pleased you found us, it seems we have nothing to teach you but hopefully you will be able to support others.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #1447
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: winnie_p
Kissa--No way! You all have everything to teach me. I can't wait to soak up all of your helpful information and inspiration.
I tend to lurk more than post, but I will try to break that pattern a little bit. This feels big!
Old 05-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #1448

We love our lurkers, but there is nothing like having info from those who benefit in so many more ways than simply weight loss.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #1449
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: crabEjj
Stats: 290/245/150
WOE: Currently Atkins/-40 w/ HCG +22, then -13
Start Date: March 26, 2012 Atkins
Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Welcome crabEjj. I have to wonder, if LC is working for you currently, is there some reason you want to change? JUDDD is great for health benefits and weight loss, but if you lost 5 lbs last week, you probably won't do better than that here (though you could!). I would never tell you NOT to do JUDDD, because it's been a wonderful experience for me. I just don't want you to think it's going to give you super fast results. It all depends on your metabolism and your comittment.

That being said, there are so many wonderful things about this WOE, and you can do it in conjunction with LC if you choose, as you mentioned. You can eat whatever you choose, as long as you respect your calorie limits.

When I started JUDDD, I had nearly 100 pounds to lose to my first goal of 175. Once I get there, I'll reevaluate and see if I want/need to lose any more. There are a few JUDDDers who have lost large amounts of weight, so it definitely can be done! I'm down almost 50 lbs with JUDDD (my first 10ish was with LC and I'm down 57 lbs currently). Please keep reading on the forum, ask any questions you have, and let us know what you decide. We'd be happy to have you here!
Thanks for your reply. I think I wanted to do JUDDD because of the opportunity for a little bit of variety. And, I did decide to start--this is DD #3, things are going well--doing shakes only for 1st 2 weeks. I lost 2.4 when I weighed on day 3, but now had DH hide scale and will weigh once a week because the bouncing ball might get to me. We will see. Everyone seems so supportive here. I do have a question though....my numbers are UD 2158 and DD 432...that's only 1295 calories averaged per day. That seems really low? (5'4", 241, 44)
Old 05-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #1450

It is quite low, maybe you want to look at higher percentages, 30% or even higher.

On the other hand, how are you feeling? Many of us were so used to eating a lot of calories while doing LC that we are astonished how well our bodies work on so much less.

Glad you saw the initial weight loss, lol on DH hiding the scales.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #1451

It's really close to the numbers I was losing best on. I don't think it's terribly low, considering you're having one day that's technically higher than what it would take for you to maintain, and one very low day. I say try it at those number for a couple of weeks and see how your body likes it. You may find it's hard to get to 2100 calories on an UD. (I don't usually have any problem with it, but every once in a while it feels like a huge amount of food.)

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
Old 05-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #1452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining Ī4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I was starting to quote so I could welcome all the newbies, and then realized I was 3 pages behind. Yikes.

Tina,

I'm in the same position. I was off all weekend, and when I came on this morning, I thought YIKES......just like you!!

So, I all the newbies to JUDDD and before you know it, we will all be reading about your success stories and see all the happy faces!

One thing about our JUDDD thread is that we are all so upbeat and happy, and that is a direct result of JUDDD working beautifully!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #1453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jillo
Stats: 247/197/175 5'7"
WOE: MEDI on my own
Start Date: March 2013
Howdy! I'm a success story already.
I lost about 40 pounds on WeightWatchers, then I got bored and quit losing, but maintained my loss.
Then I did MEDI weight loss and Very Low Carb and lost another 40 pounds, which I'm continuing to keep off.
Now I'm going to try JUDDD to get the last 25 pounds off. My goal is to go from 175 to 150 and then see how I feel and look.

I bought the book and I'm reading these threads. I took some Resveratrol a little while ago.
I'm making today my first induction Down Day.

For some reason, I prefer to use the WW points system to count calories. So, I have 4 "points" left out of my 10 for today.
I'm going to aim to stay in the range I got off Dr J's site.

AND I'm going to make sure all my calories are low-carb. Woohoo!!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #1454

Hi Jillo, i think you will do great on JUDDD.

We will be watching you... :0
Old 05-15-2012, 06:25 AM   #1455
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Jillo, def a success already! You will rock JUDDD just as you did the other plans. And JUDDD is SO nice for maintenance. Easy to account for special days, and super easy to make those corrections that seem to need to happen every now and then.

We'll be celebrating goal with you before we know it!
Old 05-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #1456
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: folly
Stats: 240/180/149 (LC down to 145, 6 years ago)
Start Date: 5/7/12
Hi Guys, I'm new to JUDDD, started last week and already down almost 5 lbs! (So back down to normal weight after a disastrous work trip :-x).

I did LC for years and got down to 100lbs less than my highest weight (which felt too small for me actually, since I dont think I'd been that weight since I was 12, haha) so I sort of panicked and abandoned the whole thing an gained back 40lbs over the following six years while half heartedly trying out every other diet I could find. I still make LC choices when I can but I mostly pay attention to calories.

I'd read about Eat Stop Eat years ago and tried that but it really didn't work for me because I have blood sugar issues so being able to eat my 400-500 cals on JUDDD works much much better for me.

I'm really glad to have found JUDDD, I have faith that I can stick with this plan which I haven't felt in a long time! Go me!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #1457
Junior LCF Member

Stats: HW 1/2011: 191 CW: 165 GW: 145, then we'll see
WOE: lost 23 lbs on Medi Weightloss '11, now JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD start: May 15, 2012
Howdy all! I have been lurking this forum for a couple of weeks and decided to make the jump from MediWeight loss to JUDDD! I hit a stall after just 3 weeks on MWL and got really bored, really fast. Plus its so expensive. I took the last 4 days "off" of any diet and enjoyed myself...now I am focused and ready! I need something for the long haul and this really seems like it might be the one! i want to focus on "low-ish" carbs for my UD's.

I am doing the shakes and bars for DD. I had an ATkins bar for breakfast. I plan to have a shake for lunch and either a shake or bar for dinner. I hope to be able to do full fasting on DD's once I have done the first couple of weeks, but we will see how it goes.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello! Hello!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #1458
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ameena
Stats: 176/184/145
WOE: Atkins
Hi all I have been lurking on these boards for the past week and decided to give JUDDD a try. After a failed attempt to start back on Atkins! This way I can still have my foods I crave from time to time, Yeah!!

Yesterday was my first DD and I have to admit it was difficult. I was trying to do mostly Atkins shakes. I realize that I need to incorporate some low cal meals in there. Last night I was looking at some of the awesome recipes on here, so I am going to give those a shot. But I am hopeful because I was down 1.6 pounds this morning! So I will keep you updated on my progress and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and lending support and encouragement. You all seem incredibly nice and helpful!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #1459

Jillo, Folly, Practice, and Ameena!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:55 AM   #1460
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/104/103 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi everyone. I have been following from afar. I didn't know if I could do a DD!!

I've been Judding for about 5 wks now, and I'm very happy with it. Just want to hang out here and maintain.

Thanks for all the inspiration that you all provide.

Anna

Sorry....I should have put this in maintain.

Last edited by saltnpepper; 05-17-2012 at 03:57 AM..
Old 05-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #1461

Anna,
This is the perfect place for introductions. I'm pleased you found us. JUDDD is an awesome way to maintain!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #1462
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mirtilla
Hi, Iím Mirtilla from Italy( sorry for my EnglishÖ!!), Iím 45, married and 2 kids, I weigh 71 kg (I'm 162 cm meters tall) and since 2000 I live with Hashimoto, so with a very lazy thyroid!!
I've been stalking this forum for a few weeks and it's awesome. All you seem so nice and helpful, and seem to really care about each other.There are a lot of great information here and many, many useful posts!!
I've been overweight since many years, now I found a doctor who switched my meds from Eutirox ( similar to levothyroxine) to Nature throid, so now I fell much better and with more energy.
Iíve read a lot here about JUDDD and I began last Friday( 11/5),for a 2 week trial, I Ďm doing DD of 500, and UD of 1700 (according to the calculator ) and itís wonderful to have a new freedom about food!! At the end of these 2 weeks, Iíl weigh myself, and Iím already sure Iíve found a way to lose weight that I can live with.
I exercise ( at home, at 05.00 AMÖ.no time for gym between an office job and my family!!) moderately 4/5 times a week and I love fast walking, when I can.

I fell so inspired and encouraged by the support, love and friendship on this forum, Really looking forward to my JUDDD journey! Iíll give you soon my updates!!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #1463
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: adelinesdream
Stats: 300/170/155
WOE: low carb;hcg
Start Date: August 8, 2008
Hi I wanna do JUDD. I have a head of cabbage 2 zucchini and I bought some cheese wedges today. I'm not good at figuring out how many calories is in that cabbage though. I'll have to not be lazy and look for a site with it. I'm gonna make a big pot and eat from it for the day like the JUDD recipes thread shows. Today I'm on an HCG CD cause I was too chicken to weigh myself. Tomorrow I wanna do a dd with a cabbage recipe. I need to press past this intertia. Thanks for your support!

Adeline

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wij3Un1/]

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/778396-adelinesdream-overcoming.html#post15839161
Old 05-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #1464

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtilla View Post
Hi, Iím Mirtilla from Italy( sorry for my EnglishÖ!!), Iím 45, married and 2 kids, I weigh 71 kg (I'm 162 cm meters tall) and since 2000 I live with Hashimoto, so with a very lazy thyroid!!
I've been stalking this forum for a few weeks and it's awesome. All you seem so nice and helpful, and seem to really care about each other.There are a lot of great information here and many, many useful posts!!
I've been overweight since many years, now I found a doctor who switched my meds from Eutirox ( similar to levothyroxine) to Nature throid, so now I fell much better and with more energy.
Iíve read a lot here about JUDDD and I began last Friday( 11/5),for a 2 week trial, I Ďm doing DD of 500, and UD of 1700 (according to the calculator ) and itís wonderful to have a new freedom about food!! At the end of these 2 weeks, Iíl weigh myself, and Iím already sure Iíve found a way to lose weight that I can live with.
I exercise ( at home, at 05.00 AMÖ.no time for gym between an office job and my family!!) moderately 4/5 times a week and I love fast walking, when I can.

I fell so inspired and encouraged by the support, love and friendship on this forum, Really looking forward to my JUDDD journey! Iíll give you soon my updates!!
Welcome. Your English is just fine--much better than my Italiano. I have recently been diagnosed Hypo, though not Hashi's (yet, though I'm pretty sure that's part of my thyroid problem). You'll find lots of support here. Be sure to read tons and ask any questions you might have.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:13 AM   #1465

I love seeing all you newcomers here. I am really rushing by at present but I wish you all great success. I hope to be around more soon. Enjoy JUDDD.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #1466
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jillo
Stats: 247/197/175 5'7"
WOE: MEDI on my own
Start Date: March 2013
Thank you for the warm welcome, y'all! I'm on Day Five and I already feel like there is something really 'right' about JUDDD for me.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #1467
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
WOW Un real how many newbies we have Look forward to hearing more about each one of you as you journey with this WOE
Old 05-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #1468

Old 05-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #1469
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mirtilla
Thanks to all for your warm welcome!!today is the end of my first week of JUDDD,so easy till now..today i had a black dress and EVERYONE at work asked me how much I lost!!! I'll weigh next friday.

..as always sorry for my english !!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #1470

Wonderful, what a lovely start.
Closed Thread