Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #1321
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 190-ish/136 now 176.6/168.8/140
WOE: VLC/m&e fast/Keto
Start Date: Every day!!
Way to go Nance!! I hope I get to share my first successes on JUDDD soon

So it's my first down day today. I just had my second cup of coffee and I'm not hungry at all. It's almost noon here, so I guess I'm doing OK. Do you guys think it's better to delay eating as much as possible? I've done Eat Stop Eat in the past, and I was able to go without any food for the prescribed amount of time.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #1322
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boboelink View Post
In a nutshell, what is JUDD? Well I guess I can google it and see if I can find information on what it is.
You have the real answer above. But my answer would be "The happiest, most satisfying and healthy 'diet' I have ever done."

Hope you pop back....

Quote:
Originally Posted by translationmx View Post
Way to go Nance!! I hope I get to share my first successes on JUDDD soon

So it's my first down day today. I just had my second cup of coffee and I'm not hungry at all. It's almost noon here, so I guess I'm doing OK. Do you guys think it's better to delay eating as much as possible? I've done Eat Stop Eat in the past, and I was able to go without any food for the prescribed amount of time.

It is entirely your choice, but a lot of folks find it easier to delay their food on DDs. Certainly not all however.

Meet lots of Newbies in this thread Newbies April post here

Last edited by Kissa; 04-11-2012 at 10:24 AM..
Old 04-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #1323
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 190-ish/136 now 176.6/168.8/140
WOE: VLC/m&e fast/Keto
Start Date: Every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
It is entirely your choice, but a lot of folks find it easier to delay their food on DDs. Certainly not all however.

Meet lots of Newbies in this thread Newbies April post here
Thank you Cindy. Also, thank you for the thread link. I'm reading all the posts and it's full of encouragement - exactly what I need!!

I'm not hungry so far. I'm thinking of doing some yoga in a bit - anyone here is into yoga too?
Old 04-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #1324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by translationmx View Post
Thank you Cindy. Also, thank you for the thread link. I'm reading all the posts and it's full of encouragement - exactly what I need!!

I'm not hungry so far. I'm thinking of doing some yoga in a bit - anyone here is into yoga too?

I like Yoga and need to start doing it again! I don't belong to a gym but do have a Yoga DVD. I have been a little afraid to exercise much on my DD because it usually makes me hungry. So far I have only attempted riding my exercise bike for 5 miles or so but haven't tried anything more. Maybe today I will try Yoga.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #1325
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: petz1235
Hi!! I found this site while trying to figure out what "diet" I should try now. I lost plenty on weight watchers point system, but, I'm tired of having to cut the things I really like so far down that I might as well not eat them or have just a tablespoon or so. I tried to research this diet and can't really find the "rules" of this JUDD diet. If I'm looking at it correctly I have 451 calories on one day and that whatever I wish on the next? That doesn't sound right - I guess I'm cutting calories overall for the week without feeling deprived, but on my days to eat what I want, what are the rules for that. Can I still have Mexican? That's my favorite, and my downfall - lol. Anyone able to give me the basics of this thing in layman's terms?
Old 04-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #1326

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by petz1235 View Post
Hi!! I found this site while trying to figure out what "diet" I should try now. I lost plenty on weight watchers point system, but, I'm tired of having to cut the things I really like so far down that I might as well not eat them or have just a tablespoon or so. I tried to research this diet and can't really find the "rules" of this JUDD diet. If I'm looking at it correctly I have 451 calories on one day and that whatever I wish on the next? That doesn't sound right - I guess I'm cutting calories overall for the week without feeling deprived, but on my days to eat what I want, what are the rules for that. Can I still have Mexican? That's my favorite, and my downfall - lol. Anyone able to give me the basics of this thing in layman's terms?
It's super simple: Eat whatever you want as long as it falls within your calories for that day--and yes, I recommend sticking to your up day calories as well as your down day calories. Go to the calculator and figure out what your calories are, follow them, and have success. Easy peasy. I also suggest you read the stickies at the top of this forum, with the dd recipes, the "what's JUDDD, come inside" and the others. They are very informative!

Last edited by KeirasMom; 04-12-2012 at 06:19 AM..
Old 04-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #1327
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mizbooth
Stats: 223/210/150
WOE: Atkins 02/21/2012
Start Date: JUDDD 04/06/2012
Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone! DD for me today....matches my mood because I'm feeling kind of down : ( Not good for this emotional eater! Life just keep throwing me punches, but this too shall pass!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #1328
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cathyjs
Stats: 235/224.8/185
WOE: South Beach and now JUDDD
Start Date: 3/9/2012
to all the new JUDDD'ers! It's wonderful to see so many new faces! This is a wonderful, supportive place to be.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #1329
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petz1235 View Post
I came from Weight Watchers as well but didn't have the success that I am having on JUDDD. I only lost 16 pounds in a year and a half on WW and have already lost 2.6 pounds in my first week. Calculate your UD calories - try not to go below that number by very much. A lot of people, me included, use 500 for the DD. It is working so far for me. You can definitely have Mexican - just try to calculate the calories as close as possible. I had Mexican on Monday and still lost for the week. Another thing is that if you weigh every day, expect a bounce in your weight but don't get discouraged. The thing to look for is that downward trend over time.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #1330
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizbooth View Post
Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone! DD for me today....matches my mood because I'm feeling kind of down : ( Not good for this emotional eater! Life just keep throwing me punches, but this too shall pass!
You CAN do this, and it will get better!
Old 04-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #1331
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: petz1235
Thank you so much for the help - this is going to be my 1st day at 500 cal!! Shouldn't be too hard until around 2 a.m. (3rd shift), I get bored and hungry at the same time - lol.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:46 AM   #1332
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lily
Stats: 221/215/168
Start Date: June 1 2012
Hello!

Popping in to introduce myself - it's about time, I've been lurking for ages and feel I know all of you already!

I have the usual story of having tried every diet under the sun with varying degrees of success. My body loves low carb but my mind isn't quite so keen on the prospect of a life with no starch so having stumbled upon JUDDD, I'm excited by the idea it could be the answer I've been dreaming of!

I got started a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately caught a really bad cold then had a bout of tummy troubles that threw me off course but I'm back today (with an UD ) to get going again. It was definitely working - I lost 4 lbs the first week before getting poorly - so I know this can work for me!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #1333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/134/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
Hello!

Popping in to introduce myself - it's about time, I've been lurking for ages and feel I know all of you already!
This WOE is wonderful...it WILL work for you!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #1334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beachgirl6976
Stats: (240 Highest) Starting Juddd 151/143/120 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD - Previous, LC/Atkins, 4HB, WW
Start Date: 4/8/12
Lily!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #1335
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
Hello!

I have the usual story of having tried every diet under the sun with varying degrees of success. My body loves low carb but my mind isn't quite so keen on the prospect of a life with no starch so having stumbled upon JUDDD, I'm excited by the idea it could be the answer I've been dreaming of!

I got started a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately caught a really bad cold then had a bout of tummy troubles that threw me off course but I'm back today (with an UD ) to get going again. It was definitely working - I lost 4 lbs the first week before getting poorly - so I know this can work for me!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

So good to have you here!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #1336
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shmuhdenise
Stats: 450+/321/140
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: March 2011
interesting concept...new to JUDDD

I ran across this forum while I was surfing the net for low carb recipes. Yesterday while I was looking through the forum I noticed the listing for JUDDD. I decided I would try it. LOL.

At my heaviest (that I know of, although it is most likely more) I was at 450. Currently, I am back to the weight I was 8 years ago (I don't know the exact number I was then, but at least I can get into the clothes that I had 8 years ago).

I started atkins at the beginning of March 2011, sticking to it (with a few cheats here and there) until right before thanksgiving in 2011. When I started atkins I weighed around 425 and in December 2011, I was at 325 - 100lbs lighter! I got off of atkins over the holidays and have not been able to stick to it like I did last year. Which is the reason why I am only down to 4lbs - although I have lost and gained quite a bit over the last 3 months. I have around 180lbs more or less to go. My short term goal is to get under 300 and get into my size 26 jeans that I bought a few months ago.

Here are some pictures of me in the last few years:

I have not read the book for JUDDD but did read over the website. I have a couple questions. I noticed that many of the people that are doing JUDDD have less then 100lbs to lose. I have over 150lbs to lose. Is this for people that have less to lose? Also I exercise 7 days a week for at least an hour. How does exercise effect the DD calories? Also I put in my weight/height/etc. on the JUDDD website, the calorie count seems high to me - actually really high. For exercise 6-7 days per week, UD is 3840! DD is 768. When I select no exercise UD are 2671 and DD are 534. Do you suggest I stick to the 500 on the DD for the first 2 weeks and then recalculate after that?

This morning I had an appointment with my trainer at 8:30am, before that I ate 1/2 an atkins bar (I know that the site says to stick to the protein drinks that first 2 weeks...). Now (10:20am) I am drinking coffee with a little almond milk and splenda, I'm starting to feel hungry but hoping to hold out until noon. I'm not crazy about the protein shakes (I have some atkins brand shakes). Any suggests on how to make them taste better?? LOL

I am posting my calorie intake on MyFitnessPals (I've been using it off and on for the last 6 months).

Hope you all have a great day!

Denise
Old 04-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #1337

Hi Lily, glad you have decided to join us here, I love to see another UK JUDDDer.

And Denise. YOu have done so well with your weight loss already, congratulations. I agree with all the wise words that you have had from Dawn already. I think you could easily up your DD calories to 550 or even 600 with all that exercise. And I like to see folk eating real food too.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #1338

Newbies, join in the fun here Newbies April post here and get to know all the other April Newbies.

Last edited by Kissa; 04-13-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Old 04-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #1339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beachgirl6976
Stats: (240 Highest) Starting Juddd 151/143/120 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD - Previous, LC/Atkins, 4HB, WW
Start Date: 4/8/12
Mobear, ilovefood62, translationmx, NanceC, petz1235 and Denise
Old 04-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #1340
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: twinkabelle
Stats: 231/210/147
WOE: vlcd changing to JUDDD
Start Date: 15th april 2012
Hello all, im debbie AKA Twink from leicestershire in the UK

Really excited about joining you,

I have been VLCD-ing on and off for about 6 months, losing 20ish lbs then getting bored and coming off it.... gaining it all back plus a bit, then starting again.... im sure you know the drill...........

I had the thoughts of something along the line of JUDDD in my head for maintaining when i finally get to goal but then found the actualJUDDD website on a scout around the web. I ordered the book, there and then, and got it through the pots yesterday! i read it cover to cover! could hardly put it down it was so interesting ! and decided this would be so great for me, and that was it yesterday became my first DD and today is my first UD!, i know i may have a couple of weeks gaining a little or staying the same after the VLCD as i come out of ketosis and into normal l/f eating but im thinking and planning for long term health and happiness......so what will be will be, we shall see how it goes!

I know it will be so much better for me as i do a couple of quite tough Tae Kwon Do classes a week ( i mean i drip with sweat so much i have to wash my dobok (- tkd suit) after each session as our teacher works us very hard for 1.5 hrs each time, on vlcd i felt ill and faint, im hoping that because my classes fall on my UD it will really make things better and i will get fitter , faster and better very soon,

I still have lots of VLCD packs eft over so hoping this will help me on my DD for a while and may just keep to them as the choc shakes made with a blender and some ice are really yummy and thick and only 134 cals! so could be worse

enough waffling for now .....

looking forward to sharing the journey with you all

Twink x
Old 04-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #1341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/134/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
and wishing you loads of success!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #1342

Hi Twink good to have you here. Come and join the UK threads here in JUDDD and pop into the April Newbie thread to get to know the other beginners.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #1343
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LilliHop
Stats: 147/124, 141?!? awesome :)
WOE: newbie to juddd
Start Date: 4/17/12
New to lcf and juddd but lurked a bit before

Hi! I lived my whole life as either skinny or underweight until at age 29...I had a radical TAHBSO hysterectomy then. Metabolism tanked, abdominal fluff became an unwanted, uninvited friend, and I climbed the scale. I got as high as 167, which isn't astronomical but still..when you're 5'3", it' s not healthy either Only because of my type of work have i gotten it down those few lbs to 147 - but that took 4 years to bust the plateau on alone.

I have the stable willpower of a starved squirrel on crack. I can do anything, be anywhere, work for weeks with only one day off....but when it comes to caring for myself, well, i just don't like i should. I have two boys and a DH who are kinda lc, but it doesn't work for me. Not a carb feind, but rather, i feel slow and sleepy and lost nothing in two months.

Having never done anything like juddd i thought it might be a good reset button my biggest problem will actually be eating enough on my up days. I tend to forget to eat.

So in a nutshell, wish me luck, and i to you- got nothing to lose but fluffy, right?

Go....juddd!!!

Lilli
Old 04-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #1344
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
good luck!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #1345
Senior LCF Member

Good Luck and I have never done LC and JUDDD is working for me!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:33 AM   #1346

Lilli, I think you will love JUDDD and all the great support here.

Enjoy the ride.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #1347
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: happygal
Stats: 150/145/115
WOE: Low Carb
Hello, I have been off and on the low carb roller coaster for years! It does work when I do it but that is the problem, the "never having a cookie" again mentality I get myself into makes me bail (this is my issue, not the diet)! I looked into JUDDDD when I saw Beeb posting about it (I'm a lurker) and I just know this is it! I have been eating the JUDDDD way but not super religiously and I can tell it will work! I am now officially doing it and singing it out loud and proud! I even say, "No thanks, it is my down day" and don't feel embarrassed! Thanks to all for all of your encouragement to everyone and it really is nice to read what everyone else is going through and know, I am not alone!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #1348
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygal View Post
Hello, I have been off and on the low carb roller coaster for years! It does work when I do it but that is the problem, the "never having a cookie" again mentality I get myself into makes me bail (this is my issue, not the diet)! I looked into JUDDDD when I saw Beeb posting about it (I'm a lurker) and I just know this is it! I have been eating the JUDDDD way but not super religiously and I can tell it will work! I am now officially doing it and singing it out loud and proud! I even say, "No thanks, it is my down day" and don't feel embarrassed! Thanks to all for all of your encouragement to everyone and it really is nice to read what everyone else is going through and know, I am not alone!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #1349
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jlgousie
Stats: 151/150/118
WOE: JUDDD/Atkins
Start Date: 4/2012
I am new to this board. Been failing at atkins for about a month now losing and gaining the same 3-5 lbs. JUDDD sounds like it may work for me - and I like the idea of not depriving myself on the UD...I am going to give it a shot I have plugged in my numbers 2173/435. Wish me luck!! any advice is greatly appreciated!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #1350

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygal View Post
Hi Happygal yes, it will work if you give it chance, and you clearly are doing just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgousie View Post
I am new to this board. Been failing at atkins for about a month now losing and gaining the same 3-5 lbs. JUDDD sounds like it may work for me - and I like the idea of not depriving myself on the UD...I am going to give it a shot I have plugged in my numbers 2173/435. Wish me luck!! any advice is greatly appreciated!
Wishing you luck, but more importantly wishing you success. to this great way of eating.

Best advice I can give is, pop in here often, navigate your way around the forum and ask questions often.
Closed Thread