Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #1291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ア4 lbs.
Anna!!

So glad you decided to come out of lurkdom and post!

You're doing amazingly well, and I suspect that will continue.

Most of us have and are experiencing success without deprivation, and I imagine that's why we are the friendliest and happiest group I know.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #1292
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AprilBinSD
Stats: 178/167/125
WOE: Carb Nite Solutions
Hi Everyone! I’m April and Marylouise had sent a link to this part of the forum because she thought my WOE best fits here. I’m not too familiar with JUDDD but after I type this up, I’m going to do some exploring!! Currently, I’m doing Carb Nite Solutions...Basically:

First 9 days- keep carbs to 30 grams or less per day. Fiber does not count towards the total.
Carb nite on 10th day- start off like the first 9 days but starting around dinner time, you must eat a sizable amount of carbs. Spaghetti, pie, cookies...anything you are craving. You should eat carbs for the rest of the evening, up until bedtime and maybe include a midnight snack.
Day after carb nite- go back to 30 grams or less per day.

Continue to have a carb nite at least once per week but keep them 4 days apart.

According to the book, "the body continues burning fat while you're eating the carbs and your body will not switch back to carbs as its main energy source after just one evening of carb feeding. Surprisingly, the carb frenzy actually increases fat burning for a few days."

It's kinda like having a cheat day but it's allowed!! I’m not sure how this compares to JUDDD but hopefully, I’ve found a spot for myself! Thanks for having me...
Old 04-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #1293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilBinSD View Post
Hi Everyone! I知 April and Marylouise had sent a link to this part of the forum because she thought my WOE best fits here. I知 not too familiar with JUDDD but after I type this up, I知 going to do some exploring!! Currently, I知 doing Carb Nite Solutions...Basically:

First 9 days- keep carbs to 30 grams or less per day. Fiber does not count towards the total.
Carb nite on 10th day- start off like the first 9 days but starting around dinner time, you must eat a sizable amount of carbs. Spaghetti, pie, cookies...anything you are craving. You should eat carbs for the rest of the evening, up until bedtime and maybe include a midnight snack.
Day after carb nite- go back to 30 grams or less per day.

Continue to have a carb nite at least once per week but keep them 4 days apart.

According to the book, "the body continues burning fat while you're eating the carbs and your body will not switch back to carbs as its main energy source after just one evening of carb feeding. Surprisingly, the carb frenzy actually increases fat burning for a few days."

It's kinda like having a cheat day but it's allowed!! I知 not sure how this compares to JUDDD but hopefully, I致e found a spot for myself! Thanks for having me...

well that goes right along with us former lc'ers who use to claim that a cheat day use to help lose even more
Old 04-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #1294
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DianeDelgado
Stats: 199/176.2/145
WOE: Atkins 1/2009
Start Date: JUDD 1/2013
Hello Everyone:
My name is Diane, and I checked this forum out last Monday after a "forum-friend" from Atkins talked on her blog about giving this WOE a try. I have been following Atkins since 1/3/09 and lost 48lbs. I have been able to maintain, but would like to loose another 10-12lbs and have been bouncing around 3-6lbs for over 6 months. I find the concept interesting, as well as the health benefits. I am a little perplexed that this thread in on a Low Carb Friends site, and everyone keeps talking about eating ANYTHING on UD. If it works for people great, but I believe LC is the healthiest way to eat, so I will try this using a LC approach. Everyone seems so friendly and welcoming, thank you. I am not much of a poster, but I truly enjoy reading everyone's opinions, revelations, and encouragement.
Diane
Old 04-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #1295
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome to all the Newbies! Nice to see new faces, and faces of those who've been around but lurking.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #1296
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mizbooth
Stats: 223/210/150
WOE: Atkins 02/21/2012
Start Date: JUDDD 04/06/2012
Hi everyone! I'm Leah and I started JUDDD yesterday. I lost 13 lbs in 4 wks on Atkins and stalled for 2 weeks. I was starting to get very frustrated after all my effort. I exercised religiously & moderately 4-5 times a week and kept my carbs down to about 20 per day. I was a slave to the scale and ketostix! I began doing more research about low carb diets and stumbled across JUDDD on another website. I remembered seeing it on here and decided to check it out. (I've been a LCF lurker for a long time, this is my first post) I am so excited to read all the success stories with this WOE and can't wait to see meet new friends and see how this works for me! After practically depriving myself of carbs for the last 6 weeks, this seems easy. I think I have finally found my place and a WOE that will fit my lifestyle. You guys are so inspiring! So glad I found you!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #1297
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Leah! Feel free to jump right into any thread and start your own as well. Look forward to getting to know you and share your successes!
Old 04-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #1298
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hi Diane, I hope you find the support you need here.

Leah, you will love JUDDD. I am sure, you may see one of the famous bounces when you initially reintroduce carbs, but that won't last.

Looking forward to seeing you all posting regularly..
Old 04-08-2012, 03:14 AM   #1299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Welcome
Leah
Diane
April (will be interested to see what you think of JUDDD once you've read some stickies)
Anna
and
Mary (mertze) - think I may know who your sister is! I shall investigate!!

hope you all love JUDDD as much as I do, and that it brings you great success!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #1300
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
You all are going to LOOOOOOVE it here!! It's fun, it's supportive, it's simply the BEST.

Phyl
Old 04-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #1301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beachgirl6976
Stats: (240 Highest) Starting Juddd 151/143/120 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD - Previous, LC/Atkins, 4HB, WW
Start Date: 4/8/12
DH and I started Juddd this last Sunday on Easter, quite appropriate I think ... a day for bringing new hope. We are both coming to Juddd after being on a low carb diet for about 2 1/2 months with very minimal losses. I cant say that low carb didn't work for us because we've always believed that we deserve at least 1 day to enjoy ourselves by going to our favorite restaurant and enjoying all the foods we'd been denying ourselves all week. Well, I'm pretty sure that one day of being off plan has been setting us back and although we didn't gain anything we didn't really lose and that's not our goal.

Neither of us ever had a weight problem until we got married and had 2 kids. Typical I suppose, what can I say ... we just really like going out to eat. We also worked opposite work shifts so one of us was always home with the kids which usually led to picking up fast food for dinner. After years of this I had got to my highest weight of 240. I should say that I was always trying to diet, workout and led the typical yo-yo diet. We did try Atkins years ago with much success but after 2 months just couldn't take that we couldn't eat bread anymore and quit.

About 3 years ago I got down to 140 and was so happy to say that I'd lost 100 lbs but this was mostly accomplished with starvation and 2-3 hours of intense exercise everyday. Of course I couldn't keep that up forever. After a few years I found myself back up to 190 and started Weight Watchers. I have to say that it was a good plan and I lost 35 lbs in the year I was on it. I was however always hungry and feeling deprived of foods I wanted to eat and always felt such guilt when I would eat anything like a cookie etc.

Starting the new year I was tired of doing WW and needed a new change and started the 4 Hour Body diet which was basically low carb with very strict foods guidelines but it allowed for 1 day of eating whatever you want. I was like heck ya, I can do that! DH jumped on board with me at this point which I really like because its just so much easier when we're trying to lose together. After giving it 6 weeks we were maintaining but not losing so we switched over to Atkins "but" kept that 1 day "Binge Day" we called it. Same thing .. maintained weight. No big surprise there .. your not supposed to do a "Binge Day" on Atkins - lol

After reading through lots of Low Carb forums someone mentioned Juddd so I looked into it, found this forum and have been reading, reading and reading. I love the idea of this and the science behind it. I have to say that this is the first diet plan that I can say that I "know" I could eat this way for the rest of my life. I have high hopes and look forward to being yet another success story for Juddd
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #1302
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: HawkeyeJR
Beach girl. Sound like you've been doing what most of us have been doing for a very long time and really getting nowhere.
I hope you have great success on JUDDD. I have just started also and lost 4 pounds in my first week.
DD are not that great, but the UD which is always just a day away are wonderful.
Good luck to you and welcome once again.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #1303
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Beachgirl and your dh! I think this plan is going to work GREAT for both of you! Jump on in to the forum on any thread you wish and start your own if you'd like. You'll be sharing woohoo's in no time.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #1304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
Hi everybody!! I'm thinking of doing my first DD tomorrow. I'm in a total slump, and haven't lost any weight since October last year, when I finally went over 160 pounds... my heaviest in three years...
Old 04-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #1305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
A big welcome to all the newbies! I'm one too and I think you'll find this WOE incredibly easy and enjoyable. Who doesn't want to diet part time and lose weight?

The only advice I would be able to give at this point is to, above all, expect bounces on the scale and don't get discouraged when they come. Had I not been warned in advance, I would have felt the plan didn't work - but...it does!

Good luck all!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #1306
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberino View Post
A big welcome to all the newbies! I'm one too and I think you'll find this WOE incredibly easy and enjoyable. Who doesn't want to diet part time and lose weight?

The only advice I would be able to give at this point is to, above all, expect bounces on the scale and don't get discouraged when they come. Had I not been warned in advance, I would have felt the plan didn't work - but...it does!

Good luck all!
Hi! I just read your post on the bounces, and will definitely keep it in mind. Congratz on your weight loss!!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #1307
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Janice30, congrats on the 4 lb. loss your first week! I'm not expecting any loss this week due to adding carbs back into my diet but hope the 2 week will be kind to me
Old 04-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #1308
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Big JUDDD to Anna, April, Diane, Leah, Beachgirl and Translation! So glad you all found us here! Enjoy the journey with us.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #1309

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Beachgirl and her DH and Translationmx

I feel that you are in for some very happy weigh ins in the not too distant future. JUDDD is just so uplifting. The freedom to eat on the UDs and the feeling of control and calm on the DDs is just so good.

Post all over the boards, especially in the April Newbie thread.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #1310

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachgirl6976 View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Janice30, congrats on the 4 lb. loss your first week! I'm not expecting any loss this week due to adding carbs back into my diet but hope the 2 week will be kind to me
Beachgirl! I just wanted to say, your DH looks like someone I knew a million years ago in central California. He's too young, but he looks enough like my old friend that I have to ask, does he have family up this way?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #1311
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mobear
Stats: 235/195/LESS
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: 9/2010
New to JUDDD -need info pls

I've been following Dr. Bernstein since 9/2010. I lost 42 pounds by July 2011, stopped my statin drug and got my diabetes under control. I am a type 2 and take 2 kinds of insulin and metformin. It bothered me a little that I wasn't able to lose any more weight (30 more lbs. would have been nice), but I was so thrilled with my improved blood sugar that it really didn't bother me. When I went for my lipid profile January 2012 I expected the wonderful results frequently seen on LC. My results, however, were not completely great. HDL and triglycerides were improved, but my LDL doubled to 253 .

I've been listening to podcasts, and doing research since that blood work was done and think going below 20 gr. carbs per day for most of December caused my thyroid to really slow down. Suggested remedy is eat more starchy veggies. This is really tough for a diabetic to do and keep blood sugar under control.

I'm giving JUDDD a shot because calorie cycling was also mentioned to get the thyroid back on track. I started yesterday and did ok. Today I counted as a DD (697 calories - a little high), but will try to get it down further on next DD.

I looked at the calorie calculator on the JUDDD website and came up with 1783 calories for UD and 624 for a 35% DD. Do you think that 624 is too high? Maybe I can go lower but I have to try and figure out how to handle and adjust my insulin doses without dropping my blood sugar too much and then needing glucose tabs to bring it up. Does anyone who takes insulin have advice? I'm not sure if I should just try to cut the fat on DD and up the carbs or what......I am just so confused.

I'm sorry this is so long. I have searched quite a bit looking for answers to this dilemma. Thursday I go back to the doctor and he will definitely want me to go back on statins. I had requested a VAP test, but he didn't order it correctly, so all I got was another standard lipid profile. If JUDDD or calorie cycling doesn't correct this (with lower LDL) I'll probably have to find an endo and go through thyroid testing.

Thanks for any info and help!!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #1312

Mobear. I don't know enough about insulin and diabetes to comment, so I'd suggest you make a whole new thread. Just copy and paste what you've already written and start a new thread so more people can see it. I know we have several Type 2's JUDDDing with good results. Good luck!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #1313
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ilovefood62
Stats: 161/143/135
WOE: Started Atkins, switching to JUDDD
Start Date: April 9
Hi all...I've been on Atkins for a couple of months and have lost about 10 pounds. For the last 10 days, though, I've not lost a thing and the scale was a little up this morning. I stumbled upon this diet while looking for a reason for the stagnation. I absolutely love this forum and have decided to try this diet. I'm going to do my first DD tomorrow...wish me luck!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #1314
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Beachgirl! I just wanted to say, your DH looks like someone I knew a million years ago in central California. He's too young, but he looks enough like my old friend that I have to ask, does he have family up this way?
No family in central Cali. ... He grew up in Agoura Hills and used to have hair back then - lol
Old 04-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #1315

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Mobear

I did a search on diabetes and JUDDD and have come up with these threads:

Blood Sugar & JUDDD

Article: periodic fasting may cut risk heart disease and diabetes

Diabetes and JUDDD - not losing

Any Diabetics doing JUDDD?

I hope this helps a bit!!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #1316
Major LCF Poster!

Sophie, Ci ndy, everybody, thanx for the welcome!

I’m preparing myself (mentally actually) for my first DD tomorrow. I’m kind of curious to see how I feel. Right now I’m reading the book. I have to confess that I’ve had it for a while now, and haven’t looked seriously at this WOE until now. I was the protein fast queen, and it just doesn’t seem to work for me as it used to
Old 04-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #1317
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NanceC
Stats: 208.2/158/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 8, 2013
I致e been lurking for quite awhile and reading here most every day, so I thought I would finally pop out and say hello. My background is similar to many here some success on LC in the past, but not something I could stick to long term. On my last try I made it two and a half weeks before going down one weekend in a hail of cannelloni and Cadbury eggs.

I decided I needed a different approach, so, after reading about JUDDD on the main board and checking out the various threads here, I started on 3/16 with a DD. Three and a half weeks in and I知 down 5.4 lbs., and have lost a total of 5 inches (2 from hips, 2 from waist, 1 from bust). I致e measured over and over thinking there痴 just no way that can be right for such a short amount of time, but I keep coming up with the same numbers. It痴 pretty shocking to me, especially considering that I have made some questionable food choices on UDs AND DDs. (Sometimes my breakfast has been a hardboiled egg, sometimes a Reese痴 Peanut Butter Egg. I知 working on that.) My three-day Easter weekend was an eating free-for-all, but I was only up 1.2 lbs. on Monday. Did my DD and promptly lost 2.6 lbs., bringing me to a new low this morning.

I知 really grateful to all who posted in the main lobby about JUDDD and led me here. It痴 a very doable plan for me, and one that my body obviously responds to very well. So THANK YOU for spreading the JUDDD word, and for being such a helpful and welcoming group of people!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:55 AM   #1318
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Boboelink
In a nutshell, what is JUDD? Well I guess I can google it and see if I can find information on what it is.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:15 AM   #1319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boboelink View Post
In a nutshell, what is JUDD? Well I guess I can google it and see if I can find information on what it is.
WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:55 AM   #1320
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
NanceC - I found JUDDD through the Main Board as well and am glad I did. Congratulations on the lbs and inches lost!
Closed Thread