Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 12:48 PM   #1201
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msevon2 View Post
Hi, my name is Evon and I and ending my 2nd week tomorrow. I am very torn. The 1st week I lost 7 lbs, the 2nd, part of them came back and today my 13th day, I had lost those that came back, again. Does anybody else have this problem? 7 lbs in 2 weeks is good I guess, and I feel better, and I have more energy. and I am going to give it another week.
Evon 7 lbs in 2 weeks is fantastic and 7 lbs in 1 week is almost lunacy. Stick with this, the scale will bounce and you will get slimmer and healthier. Remember we only diet half the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissEvon View Post
Hello everyone!

I found out about this WOE a couple of weeks ago on another forum. Someone over there directed me here and boy am I excited. Who would even dream there would be such a wonderful way to lose weight? And then to top it off a place to meet so many nice people doing the same thing.

I read the book and was facinated with the science behind this WOE. From what I can tell, this site has tons of info that goes deeper than the book. Nothing like personal experience and a willingness to share it.

So, two weeks in and I have lost 6 pounds. That is amazing because for months I lost and gained the same two pounds with low carb. Low carb worked for me when I was younger but I have found that at the age of 61 calories DO count. I plan on trying to stay semi-low carb because of the health benefits.

I am still in the learning stage of what works or does not work for me. For instance, I think I need to do higher protein on my DD to keep hunger away. But, thanks to the history here I have found a lot of good advice.
and contralutlations Miss Evon. So very happy for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Hi all -
I have been lurking for a while and reading up on all your Judd success and decided to take the plunge. I started Mon and have been through 3 DDs and 2 UDs with no loss. Has anyone else gotten off to a slow start and still succeeded with this WOE? As background I am a 52 YO woman 5'4"" 215, long time LCer though I have fallen off the LC wagon of late. During my entry week in Judd I have been eating moderate carb (20-60 net), exercised 2 of those 5 days and eat ~500 cals on DDs and ~2300 or a bit more on UDs. I weigh and measure and track everything in ******. I know it's early to throw in the towel but I confess to be disappointed so far and don't want to waste time if this just flat out doesn't work for some. Help!
TJ, I think you have your answer. Adjust those UD cals to closer to 2000 and I am sure the scales will move downwards. Looking forward to seeing you posts claiming success.

Last edited by Kissa; 03-31-2012 at 12:49 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2012, 02:42 PM   #1202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice30 View Post
Thank you Claire, Val and everyone else who has welcomed me to this site!
I hope I do really well on this WOE.
Have a great day!
I'm sorry I didn't have the chance to welcome you earlier!
I'm sure you will do quite well as long as you respect the UD and DD calories. So many of us are still blown away with the ease and effectiveness of JUDDD, and am sure you will be also!

Quote:
Hi, my name is Evon and I and ending my 2nd week tomorrow. I am very torn. The 1st week I lost 7 lbs, the 2nd, part of them came back and today my 13th day, I had lost those that came back, again. Does anybody else have this problem? 7 lbs in 2 weeks is good I guess, and I feel better, and I have more energy. and I am going to give it another week.
Well, yes, as Beeb says, the scale she bounces......I don't consider it a problem though because even though JUDDD may be a slower weight loss regimen, the downward trend is very evident after awhile.
Stick with it, and I'm sure you will have the same success as so many others here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Thanks for the quick reply sophiethecat. I am a bit irregular with exercise. Some weeks are going ho and others just meh but I probably average out to 3-4 times a week. Can you give me a link to the calculator please? The one I found on the Johnson site appears to be broken. I keep getting different results.
You're going to do just fine. Keep reading all the valuable information on these threads, and I can assure you, it's enough motivation to keep you here......

Gracie's Journal
Old 03-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #1203
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maggielou66
Stats: 260/145/145
WOE: hcg/JUDDD/no sugar
Start Date: 10/10 (hcg-lost a total of 115 .bs) 3/24 - JUDDD
Quote:
Today is my one week mark and I am exactly the same weight as last week. I'm trying not to feel disappointed and will continue to stick to it for AT LEAST one more week, probably two. Hope it changes. I have to keep reminding myself that there are sooooo many factors that affect the scale - hormones; sore muscles; sunburn, etc. My clothes are all still fitting well, so that may be a better indicator.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:24 AM   #1204
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cl2gas_1
Stats: 258/254/225 1st goal
WOE: JUDDD 3/26/12
Start Date: 12/20/ 03
Sunburn... LOL We up east have the sun.. But not enough for sunburn just yet.. I am thinking positive.. I have failed too many times in the past.. I WANT to really love myself.. After yesterdays DD i am down to 251 .. Hope I enjoy new numbers this week.. Bring on the kosses for all of us..
Old 04-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #1205
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: HawkeyeJR
Good morning everyone, I hope you all have a great day!

Claire, I have never seen you lose weight like you are on this plan. I am so happy for you. Yes the sun is out but I'm not ready for my bikini yet!
Well I am starting tomorrow so today I will go out with Ron for lunch somewhere and tomorrow will be my first DD.

Does anyone have any tips as to what works the best for you on your DD?
Any help will be appreciated.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #1206

WTG Claire. We have confidence in you and in JUDDD, anise knows you well I see and she is delighted with your weight lose. So are we and so should you be you are rocking JUDDD.

My mother was 4' 11" and we always say "Little and GOOD," and "All the BEST things come in small packages!"

Now, I am an English girl so you may have to help me out here. "Bring on the kosses" is a new one on me. What does it mean?
Old 04-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #1207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggielou66 View Post
Today is my one week mark and I am exactly the same weight as last week. I'm trying not to feel disappointed and will continue to stick to it for AT LEAST one more week, probably two. Hope it changes. I have to keep reminding myself that there are sooooo many factors that affect the scale - hormones; sore muscles; sunburn, etc. My clothes are all still fitting well, so that may be a better indicator.
one week?
everythng ive read has said it takes two weeks to even kick in and any loss before then is bonus. and you will even gain if you r comng from low carb.

seems like a lot of people are demanding atkins first week magic or they arent interested
Old 04-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #1208
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
one week?
everythng ive read has said it takes two weeks to even kick in and any loss before then is bonus. and you will even gain if you r comng from low carb.

seems like a lot of people are demanding atkins first week magic or they arent interested
It took 3 week for it to kick in for me. Hang in there. It takes 4 weeks for some.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #1209
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Yunqi
Stats: 195/186/130
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 3/8/12
Hello all! Iíve been a long time lurker of the LCF boards (and I mean looooong timeÖ), but after switching from LC to JUDDD (my decision 100% due to all the marvelous information and support that I was seeing amongst all the people following JUDDD ) I decided why not make an account and get in on that support! Part of my reason for not joining sooner (when I first started JUDDD on 3/8/2012) is because Iím a little shy, hahaha!

Well I guess for a little background information, Iím a 22 year old college student who studies Chinese (I used my Chinese name for this site, although I do want to point out that I am not Chinese). Approximately a year ago, last Spring semester, I started out low carbing because I decided that I needed to improve both my health and weight. At first, it was wonderful! I easily stuck to the low carb levels of induction and lost well. Towards the end of the semester I was down 30 lbs, felt amazing and thatís when I found out I would be going to China for the summer to further my Chinese studies. I was ecstatic, but worried at the same time because I didnít know how I would fare low carbing there. Well as it turns out, I didnít do China low carb partly because I had never been there and thought to myself ďIím not limiting myself from these amazing foods!Ē Iíve always been an adventurous eater and love trying weird foods, which in China is not in short supply, hahaha!

Anyways, came back to America and had Fall semester to tend to. I didnít immediately return to low carbing upon coming back, but maybe around the end of September decided to hop back on the train and it was really hard for me. I struggled all the way until the end of the semester and thatís when everything fell apart, it became a hot mess. I would make special trips to the store to buy large bags of candy and would just binge and gorge to no end. And Christmas didnít help any, especially because I love to bake Christmas goodies to hand out to my loved ones. So after that I of course gained all the weight I lost and then some to reach the highest weight Iíve ever been which was about 200. I was just devastated and felt so low.

Then come January, I thought to myself that I need to buckle on down and get going again. So I started low carbing again, but this time I decided to try EFGT (Eat Fat Get Thin), and lost 5 lbs and that was it. From mid January (or after I had lost those 5 lbs) to the beginning of March, I hadnít lost a single pound, not only that but I had not lost any inches either. It was the beginning of March, when I was lurking and noticed ďJUDDDĒ listed as some peopleís WOE and I got curious. I just remember saying to myself, ďWhat in the world is JUDDD? Iím going to find out.Ē

Long story (sorry!!!) short, I read up on JUDDD, did my first DD on 3/8/2012 and have been LOVING it since! As of today, Iím down 9 lbs from my start date and I LOVE the choice of foods that I have! I can finally eat my Korean bulgolgi (not LC adapted), sushi (a childhood favorite of mine), Filipino food (my momís cooking), Chinese food, Greek gyros and lobster ravioli all guilt free! I will be going back to China this summer (to Shanghai) to study again and Iím not worried at all because I know with this way of eating I donít have to worry about the rice or the dumplings that I love so much. Iíve found that this way of eating is much more sustainable and flexible for me. I think that aside from the food, Iíve found that my mental health and my mood have both improved substantially in the past few weeks. Surprisingly (to me), I find myself having so much energy on DDís and my mind seems to be incredibly clear that I actually hope I only ever have tests on my DDís, hahaha.

Anyways, I'm glad to be here and excited to continue my JUDDDing as part of this wonderful community of JUDDDers on LCF.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #1210
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggielou66 View Post
Hi Maggie! I wanted to echo the advice to hang tight for at least another week and see how you do. If at that point you haven't lost, someone will be able to advise you on calorie numbers. You're right, many things affect the scale, and so we are seeing the value of tape measures and how our clothes fit to be more accurate. KUTGW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunqi View Post
Hello all! I’ve been a long time lurker of the LCF boards (and I mean looooong time…), but after switching from LC to JUDDD (my decision 100% due to all the marvelous information and support that I was seeing amongst all the people following JUDDD ) I decided why not make an account and get in on that support! Part of my reason for not joining sooner (when I first started JUDDD on 3/8/2012) is because I’m a little shy, hahaha!

Well I guess for a little background information, I’m a 22 year old college student who studies Chinese (I used my Chinese name for this site, although I do want to point out that I am not Chinese). Approximately a year ago, last Spring semester, I started out low carbing because I decided that I needed to improve both my health and weight. At first, it was wonderful! I easily stuck to the low carb levels of induction and lost well. Towards the end of the semester I was down 30 lbs, felt amazing and that’s when I found out I would be going to China for the summer to further my Chinese studies. I was ecstatic, but worried at the same time because I didn’t know how I would fare low carbing there. Well as it turns out, I didn’t do China low carb partly because I had never been there and thought to myself “I’m not limiting myself from these amazing foods!” I’ve always been an adventurous eater and love trying weird foods, which in China is not in short supply, hahaha!

Anyways, came back to America and had Fall semester to tend to. I didn’t immediately return to low carbing upon coming back, but maybe around the end of September decided to hop back on the train and it was really hard for me. I struggled all the way until the end of the semester and that’s when everything fell apart, it became a hot mess. I would make special trips to the store to buy large bags of candy and would just binge and gorge to no end. And Christmas didn’t help any, especially because I love to bake Christmas goodies to hand out to my loved ones. So after that I of course gained all the weight I lost and then some to reach the highest weight I’ve ever been which was about 200. I was just devastated and felt so low.

Then come January, I thought to myself that I need to buckle on down and get going again. So I started low carbing again, but this time I decided to try EFGT (Eat Fat Get Thin), and lost 5 lbs and that was it. From mid January (or after I had lost those 5 lbs) to the beginning of March, I hadn’t lost a single pound, not only that but I had not lost any inches either. It was the beginning of March, when I was lurking and noticed “JUDDD” listed as some people’s WOE and I got curious. I just remember saying to myself, “What in the world is JUDDD? I’m going to find out.”

Long story (sorry!!!) short, I read up on JUDDD, did my first DD on 3/8/2012 and have been LOVING it since! As of today, I’m down 9 lbs from my start date and I LOVE the choice of foods that I have! I can finally eat my Korean bulgolgi (not LC adapted), sushi (a childhood favorite of mine), Filipino food (my mom’s cooking), Chinese food, Greek gyros and lobster ravioli all guilt free! I will be going back to China this summer (to Shanghai) to study again and I’m not worried at all because I know with this way of eating I don’t have to worry about the rice or the dumplings that I love so much. I’ve found that this way of eating is much more sustainable and flexible for me. I think that aside from the food, I’ve found that my mental health and my mood have both improved substantially in the past few weeks. Surprisingly (to me), I find myself having so much energy on DD’s and my mind seems to be incredibly clear that I actually hope I only ever have tests on my DD’s, hahaha.

Anyways, I'm glad to be here and excited to continue my JUDDDing as part of this wonderful community of JUDDDers on LCF.
Hi Yunqi! to the JUDDD forum!

I truly enjoyed your story, and I know so many of us here on JUDDD can relate to much of what you said, such as wanting to enjoy authentic local foods on vacation, and enjoy childhood favorites, and just foods we love, without being restricted by what they are made of.

I'm so happy for you that you are enjoying food freedom on this woe, as well as experiencing the marvelous mental, emotional and physical effects! And weight loss on top of all that goodness!

It's wonderful that you came out of lurkdom to join us here. Feel free to post all you want on the main forum. Welcome again!!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-01-2012 at 02:26 PM..
Old 04-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #1211
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hello all! Iíve been a long time lurker of the LCF boards (and I mean looooong timeÖ), but after switching from LC to JUDDD (my decision 100% due to all the marvelous information and support that I was seeing amongst all the people following JUDDD ) I decided why not make an account and get in on that support! Part of my reason for not joining sooner (when I first started JUDDD on 3/8/2012) is because Iím a little shy, hahaha!

Well I guess for a little background information, Iím a 22 year old college student who studies Chinese (I used my Chinese name for this site, although I do want to point out that I am not Chinese). Approximately a year ago, last Spring semester, I started out low carbing because I decided that I needed to improve both my health and weight. At first, it was wonderful! I easily stuck to the low carb levels of induction and lost well. Towards the end of the semester I was down 30 lbs, felt amazing and thatís when I found out I would be going to China for the summer to further my Chinese studies. I was ecstatic, but worried at the same time because I didnít know how I would fare low carbing there. Well as it turns out, I didnít do China low carb partly because I had never been there and thought to myself ďIím not limiting myself from these amazing foods!Ē Iíve always been an adventurous eater and love trying weird foods, which in China is not in short supply, hahaha!

Anyways, came back to America and had Fall semester to tend to. I didnít immediately return to low carbing upon coming back, but maybe around the end of September decided to hop back on the train and it was really hard for me. I struggled all the way until the end of the semester and thatís when everything fell apart, it became a hot mess. I would make special trips to the store to buy large bags of candy and would just binge and gorge to no end. And Christmas didnít help any, especially because I love to bake Christmas goodies to hand out to my loved ones. So after that I of course gained all the weight I lost and then some to reach the highest weight Iíve ever been which was about 200. I was just devastated and felt so low.

Then come January, I thought to myself that I need to buckle on down and get going again. So I started low carbing again, but this time I decided to try EFGT (Eat Fat Get Thin), and lost 5 lbs and that was it. From mid January (or after I had lost those 5 lbs) to the beginning of March, I hadnít lost a single pound, not only that but I had not lost any inches either. It was the beginning of March, when I was lurking and noticed ďJUDDDĒ listed as some peopleís WOE and I got curious. I just remember saying to myself, ďWhat in the world is JUDDD? Iím going to find out.Ē

Long story (sorry!!!) short, I read up on JUDDD, did my first DD on 3/8/2012 and have been LOVING it since! As of today, Iím down 9 lbs from my start date and I LOVE the choice of foods that I have! I can finally eat my Korean bulgolgi (not LC adapted), sushi (a childhood favorite of mine), Filipino food (my momís cooking), Chinese food, Greek gyros and lobster ravioli all guilt free! I will be going back to China this summer (to Shanghai) to study again and Iím not worried at all because I know with this way of eating I donít have to worry about the rice or the dumplings that I love so much. Iíve found that this way of eating is much more sustainable and flexible for me. I think that aside from the food, Iíve found that my mental health and my mood have both improved substantially in the past few weeks. Surprisingly (to me), I find myself having so much energy on DDís and my mind seems to be incredibly clear that I actually hope I only ever have tests on my DDís, hahaha.

JUDDD BUDDD
Old 04-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #1212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
Yunqi!!

Ah yes, the liberation of JUDDD has hit most of us in the most delightful way!
Old 04-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #1213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
I have been reading about JUDDD and am very interested. I am 48, 5'6" and currently 177 pounds. I find it very difficult to lose weight and usually am 177-180 regardless of what I eat and how much I exercise. My doctor says it is due to my medications for migraines but I am not ready to accept that yet and want to give JUDDD a try before giving up. From the calculator, My DD will be 600 and my UD 1800. Does that sound right? Tomorrow will be my first DD.

Tammy
Old 04-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #1214
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showcats View Post
I have been reading about JUDDD and am very interested. I am 48, 5'6" and currently 177 pounds. I find it very difficult to lose weight and usually am 177-180 regardless of what I eat and how much I exercise. My doctor says it is due to my medications for migraines but I am not ready to accept that yet and want to give JUDDD a try before giving up. From the calculator, My DD will be 600 and my UD 1800. Does that sound right? Tomorrow will be my first DD.

Tammy
Hey Tammy!! Sounds good. I put your numbers in and chose 20% and got 362/1812 but you certainly have the option of using the pull down menu and choosing all the way up to 35% on DDs and still be in a good WLM.

I like your idea of starting DDs @ 600 calories because that certainly gives you wiggle room. be sure and check out the thread that has recipes for DDs so you can stay full if you need to.

And, definitely give this at leat 2 weeks. Some experience weight loss right away just from the UD/DD rotation and calorie gap. But for others it takes a while for the magic gene to become fully activated.

We are so glad you are here! Keep reading and get ready to have loads and loads of fun AND lose weight!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 04-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #1215
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: alioops5
Stats: 189/172.2/140 5'5"
Start Date: 3/18/2012
Hello Juddders! This is my first post, although I have been lurking here for months. I just completed my first 2 weeks AND I am 5lbs down and very excited!!!! This is after a long stall on LC, and I was starting to feel trapped with LC because I thought there was no way I could say no to so many foods for the long hall. Although I am still eating high protein/fat and lowish carb, I have treated myself several times with lc forbiden foods and I am still losing!! I'm here to stay. : )

Start: 179
Current:174
Old 04-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #1216
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alioops5 View Post
Hello Juddders! This is my first post, although I have been lurking here for months. I just completed my first 2 weeks AND I am 5lbs down and very excited!!!! This is after a long stall on LC, and I was starting to feel trapped with LC because I thought there was no way I could say no to so many foods for the long hall. Although I am still eating high protein/fat and lowish carb, I have treated myself several times with lc forbiden foods and I am still losing!! I'm here to stay. : )

to JUDDD
Old 04-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #1217

Quote:
Long story (sorry!!!) short, I read up on JUDDD, did my first DD on 3/8/2012 and have been LOVING it since! As of today, I’m down 9 lbs from my start date and I LOVE the choice of foods that I have! I can finally eat my Korean bulgolgi (not LC adapted), sushi (a childhood favorite of mine), Filipino food (my mom’s cooking), Chinese food, Greek gyros and lobster ravioli all guilt free! I will be going back to China this summer (to Shanghai) to study again and I’m not worried at all because I know with this way of eating I don’t have to worry about the rice or the dumplings that I love so much. I’ve found that this way of eating is much more sustainable and flexible for me. I think that aside from the food, I’ve found that my mental health and my mood have both improved substantially in the past few weeks. Surprisingly (to me), I find myself having so much energy on DD’s and my mind seems to be incredibly clear that I actually hope I only ever have tests on my DD’s, hahaha.

Brilliant post Yunqi, thanks for all the info, so many of us can relate. I lived in Hong Kong for many years and I am so happy to be able to eat some of my favourite Chinese foods again after years of eating LC.

Quote:

Tammy
Tammy, I think you will do fine on or around those numbers. Just give it a little time and I am sure you will be posting in the Whoo Hoo thread.

Quote:

Alioop and well done to getting off to such a great start. Isn't it amazing to eat forbidden food and lose? I love the freedom of JUDDD.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 04-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #1218
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LeeMT
Start Date: April 4, 2012
Question about the JUDDD Calorie calculator.

OK, I understand the ud/dd concept. And that 500 cal. is a good starting point for the down day. But what about the calculator, to determine your up day calories: Should you input your CURRENT weight in the calculator to determine your numbers? Or do you enter your DESIRED weight? I'm confused about this.

Also, I notice a lot of folks do keep track of their up day calories. I have been on Dr. Johnson's website, and it seems to say "just eat normally" on your up days. Any people here here who don't track their calories on their up days?

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #1219
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Hi LeeMT!
I just started, and according to the calculations on Johnson's website I should eat around 484 cals on my DD and my normal cals are around 2421. I don't count cals on my UD, which is what Johnson says as well. Seeing as it's my first two weeks, I'm sticking with no more than 500 cals for my DD.
I guess when I've lost about 10lbs and the 2 first weeks are gone I'll recalculate again to get my correct DD cals to continue my losing streak!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #1220
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
Hi LeeMT!
I just started, and according to the calculations on Johnson's website I should eat around 484 cals on my DD and my normal cals are around 2421. I don't count cals on my UD, which is what Johnson says as well. Seeing as it's my first two weeks, I'm sticking with no more than 500 cals for my DD.
I guess when I've lost about 10lbs and the 2 first weeks are gone I'll recalculate again to get my correct DD cals to continue my losing streak!
Thanks. So, regarding the JUDDD calorie calculator, you are supposed to enter your CURRENT weight, not your desired weight? yes?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #1221
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: HawkeyeJR
Good morning everyone, I must be losing my marbles because I posted this morning and I can't find my post. I must have forgotten to hit the submit button.
I am starting the JUDDD plan today. I had a cup of coffee for breakfast with milk in it for 90 calories. A bit much for coffee but I can't wake up without it.
I am drinking a 0 calorie iced green tea now and trying to wait till lunch time to have some homemade vegetable soup. I'm putting cabbage, tomatoes, celery, an onion, and some carrots, and a box of frozen mixed Tuscan veggies and a couple of beef boullions.
I hope I do as well as all of you are doing. See ya later!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #1222
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMT View Post
Thanks. So, regarding the JUDDD calorie calculator, you are supposed to enter your CURRENT weight, not your desired weight? yes?
i believe so but it seems like some may enter first goal weight.
thats what i did
Old 04-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #1223
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:

Tammy
Looks good to me too, Tammy! Try those numbers for a few weeks and see how it goes. And to JUDDD!

Quote:

Hi Ali, and to JUDDD! I can definitely relate to what you said about long stretches on LC without loss and that you're now enjoying "forbidden" foods on JUDDD.... and LOSING! Yayyy! KUTGW!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #1224
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
i believe so but it seems like some may enter first goal weight.
thats what i did
Thanks.
I am going to use my goal weight in the calculator. because when I enter my present weight, my up-day calories seem way too high, over 3000.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #1225
Senior LCF Member

yeah, mine was 4700 lol
i was like ...cmon ...really?
im doing more like 3700 and thats a lot still
but my down days i do 180
Old 04-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #1226
Senior LCF Member

thanks for all the support! Today is my first DD and going well so far. So far I have had 310 calories (oatmeal and SmartOne Chicken Santa Fe) and have soup planned for dinner (160 calories). I think for the first week I am going to stick with pre-packaged foods for the DD to make sure I don't over estimate my calories. My husband is a great cook but not great about keeping track of the calories! I am very excited about this!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #1227

Janice, you posted another thread, I think it was Pami's 3 month thread, lol.

Showcats, which cats do you show, Ragdolls? I have Norwegian Forest Cats.

Last edited by Kissa; 04-02-2012 at 01:44 PM..
Old 04-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #1228
Senior LCF Member

Cindy - yes, I have a Ragdoll that is a Supreme Grand Champion and a Bengal that is a Triple Grand Champion. I love the Norwegian Forest Cats!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #1229

They are lovely, but so are yours. They must be very special. I showed mine a couple of times but you really have to be committed.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:14 AM   #1230
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cl2gas_1
Stats: 258/254/225 1st goal
WOE: JUDDD 3/26/12
Start Date: 12/20/ 03
Well after one full week.. I am 251 from 254.. I'll take it.. 3 big ones.. That is a good weeks work.. I am happy and very proud of myself.. First time in a long time I can say that.. I can look forward to being a bit slimmer for Easter Sunday.. I will have to do a MD Sat so I can enjoy Easter at my DD house..
Keep on slimming ... Claire
Closed Thread