Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 04:35 AM   #1171
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Kelle!

I don't do LC anymore, but a great number of people do and I am sure that they will chime in.

I was thinking, there should be an LC/JUDDD challenge thread, maybe here is, I haven't looked a Challenges for a long time.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 06:16 AM   #1172
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 178/167.8/135 ~5'10"~
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/18/2014
Hi everyone! I've posted on here a few times. Am on my last round of hhcg and am ready to just end it, but I'm not at goal yet and am scared.

I read that during the two-week induction phase, I eat 500 calories every other day which would be a breeze for me since I've been doing that every day. What do I eat on my UDs? Should I keep it LC?

TIA
Old 03-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #1173
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lurpydog
WOE: Paleo/Atkins/south beach
Start Date: March 2012
Hi Everyone!

I am so excited to find this thread!

Let me babble for a few....

I have been a carbo-a-holic my entire life, my motto was "I am on the ALL carb diet"

Guess what? Yup, those buggers caught up with me and now I am pre-diabetic.

I started seriously low carbing about 2 months ago and feel like a new woman! I have also lost about 15 lbs but am feeling like it is just stalling now- perhaps because I am having some veggies and fruits (blackberries, raspberries in small amounts)? I have added fiber to my diet and feel really bloated all the time even though I am drinking a BOATLOAD of water. Anyone experience this?

My DH has about 70 lbs to lose and has been strict low carb for the same time and has lost literally not one pound. (but he hasn't gained either and has been eating really well!!)

I am going to have us try this JUDDD because I guess it is always a work in progress!!

Nice to 'meet' everyone!

Oh! Of you all who are taking reservatrol, what do you think? Does it seem to make a difference?

Stephanie
Old 03-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #1174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cl2gas_1
Stats: 258/254/225 1st goal
WOE: JUDDD 3/26/12
Start Date: 12/20/ 03
After 3 days down to 250.5 from 255' I feel great and very encouraged..
Up day today.. Hope I can get all my calories in.. No trouble if I could have Fish and chips again.. I will make my own...But they won't be fried..DH has Celiac so I have to think of his diet also.. Tilapia & frozen sweet potatoe fries are great for both of us.. Have a great day all.. Claire
Old 03-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #1175
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: HawkeyeJR
Good morning little buddy, You have convinced me to make JUDDD my WOE. You my have to give me some of your secrets. I am going to start on Monday.
Good luck and God bless everyone in your weight loss journey.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #1176

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet_Dream View Post
Hi everyone! I've posted on here a few times. Am on my last round of hhcg and am ready to just end it, but I'm not at goal yet and am scared.

I read that during the two-week induction phase, I eat 500 calories every other day which would be a breeze for me since I've been doing that every day. What do I eat on my UDs? Should I keep it LC?

TIA
JUDDD doesn't discriminate. If you want to eat LC, it'll work. If you want to eat moderate carb, it'll work. If you want to eat all carbs, it'll still work. As long as you respect your numbers, you should enjoy weightloss. I encourage you to go to the JUDDD website and get your calories figured out if you haven't already done so.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #1177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurpydog View Post

I have been a carbo-a-holic my entire life, my motto was "I am on the ALL carb diet"

I started seriously low carbing about 2 months ago and feel like a new woman! I have also lost about 15 lbs but am feeling like it is just stalling now- perhaps because I am having some veggies and fruits (blackberries, raspberries in small amounts)? I have added fiber to my diet and feel really bloated all the time even though I am drinking a BOATLOAD of water. Anyone experience this?

My DH has about 70 lbs to lose and has been strict low carb for the same time and has lost literally not one pound. (but he hasn't gained either and has been eating really well!!)

I am going to have us try this JUDDD because I guess it is always a work in progress!!

Nice to 'meet' everyone!

Oh! Of you all who are taking reservatrol, what do you think? Does it seem to make a difference?

Stephanie
Stephanie. I don't take Resveratrol, so I have no input there, but glad to see you!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #1178
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Jan!!! Woohoo, so glad to see you over here, sooo happy!!!!

JUDDD friends, here is my third friend from the boards, dear Jan, OMG, with Claire and Lynn here, you all have made me so happy to be here on what I believe is the best and friendliest board in the world!!! Jan is going to be an official JUDDD BUDDD on Monday, please help me make her feel welcome in joining our family!!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #1179
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Violet_dream, Lurpydog, Kbelle, I am so happy to welcome you to our JUDDD family!!!!! This is such a friendly group of folks, I call them family!! We are all riding on a weight-loss train here, and there are plenty of seats available for you to come on board - get ready, because your life is about to change!!
Old 03-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #1180
Blabbermouth!!!

Val, you are the nicest person ever. Thank you for the welcome. I am so happy to start this amazing WOE! Everyone is doing great on it and that gives me so much hope. Love you Val!
Old 03-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #1181

Valerie, how lovely that you are all here together.

Janice I know we have 'spoken' before because af the angel in your picture, but here is an official to JUDDD.

Make sure you have a great UD to nourish you before your first DD. That really helps.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #1182
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: llindsey26
Stats: 5'2" - 255 pre VSG on 2/2009, 200/187/135
WOE: lc then JUDDD now Stillman's
Start Date: JUDDD 3/28/12/ Stillmans 11/26/12 again 1/1/14
hey guys and gals!

Let me just start off by saying that I don't know what to say :P.
I am a shy person and normally just lurk but I am going to try getting into this group!

A little weight loss history. About 5 years ago, I put my entire family on a low carb diet for two years. My husband and I lost about 50 lbs each. Kept plateauing and I just couldnt get past 190 lb mark. so we gave up, partially cuz it was too expensive for five of us.

I ended up being back up to 255 lbs. Back in 2009 I had gastric sleeve WLS in Mexico. the surgery is known to only allow 50-60 lbs of weightloss but at the time, that was ok! I chose this particular one due to the no side effects. Anyway, I am back down to fluctuating between 190-200 lbs. Uggg, my 5'2" frame seems to want to stick to 190 lbs.

So last week I started lc again. I was on here earlier this week and my interest was sparked by the acronym JUDDD. I have officially made the switch over to JUDDD now. I am on my 2nd dd and all is well in the hood :P

I look forward to interacting with all of u! Thank you ahead of time for your support!
Old 03-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #1183

Lindsey, and well done for overcoming your shyness to post here on the JUDDD board. You will get so much help here, and I am sure that in no time you will see the weight falling away.

Post often and ask any questions you like, we are all still learning here.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #1184
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberino View Post
Hi everyone -

I've posted several times already,but just noticed this thread. I'm new to JUDDD beginning 3/26. Today is my 2nd DD and things seem to be going smoothly. I did learn I need to plan my UD because I was choking down toast/peanut butter at 11 p.m. last night to meet my calories. Never thought I'd be forcing myself to eat.

I'm a 3-year Atkins vet and while the plan did enable me to lose 75 pounds, I got stuck there and haven't been able to lose anything even after re-inducting at 20 carbs for 12 weeks. So while I'm grateful to Atkins, I'm ready to move on, add carbs back and start a fresh chapter with JUDDD.

I read a post in the Main Lobby and someone mentioned JUDDD *don't remember who, but it got me over here and it was almost like the heavens opened. Sounds silly, but I had been so discouraged and thinking that I was never going to be able to lose ever again and my day-to-day mindset was killing me - I was becoming super obsessed with my eating and it was detrimental to myself and my family.

I truly believe this WOE is my ticket to a healthier attitude and success in my current 5 lb goal. The veterans of this program are so helpful, kind and encouraging - who could NOT want to be part of this!

Looking forward to reading all of your success stories - prayers going out for
sticking to the program for all of you.
Hi Kimberino, I think I welcomed you on another thread, but wanted to say again, to JUDDD, and I know you will experience the success and happiness so many of us have found with this woe. One of the most helpful things is, if you're having any questions or struggles or any problem at all on JUDDD, just post and let us know and we will do all we can to help you find the solution so you can keep JUDDDg in peace and happiness. Hope you enjoy the forum and all the yummy foods you get to have on JUDDD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltheprettyhorses View Post
Hi everyone! I have been low-carbing close to Atkins induction levels for a little over a year in an effort to reverse pre-diabetes, and since December I have just been gaining and losing the same few pounds. I am getting close to my goal weight and I was initially sad at the idea of having to count calories... but I decided to shake things up a little and try JUDDD...so far I'm pretty impressed!

I've been JUDDing for about a week now - after my first DD I lost 2lb from where I had been stalled! I am enjoying the DD/UD rotation, since I'm still in the induction phase I'm enjoying the somewhat unlimited UD, just knowing I can have as much to eat as I want somehow makes me not want to overeat!

I'm noticing my hunger is low and very manageable on DD. I think this WOE just might be the ticket for me, even though I have to keep carbs at a low-moderate level. I also have Crohn's disease and I think the IF associated with DD is nice for my GI tract to get a rest from constantly digesting. I can't wait to see how turning on my SIRT-1 gene will help with inflammation and so many other things!
Hi PrettyHorses and to JUDDD! Sounds like you're off to a galloping start and I'm thrilled for you! Great job on your DDs it sounds like, and I really hope and that JUDDD helps your GI tract the further you go along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl2gas_1 View Post
For breakfast , I had a multi grain bagel will low fat cream cheese..300 cal.
Went out for my luncheon with my old classmates.. I ordered Fried fish Sweet potatoe fries and a small cup of cole slaw. 1000 cal. For dinner I had a grilled muenster cheese sandwich.. 300 cal. And almonds 150 cal. 1750 total.. Good Day..Hope I didn't mess up..
Hi CL, and to the JUDDD way of life! Seems like you're doing well and enjoying your foods and that's one of the things we most about this woe. Feel free to break out of the "newbie" thread and join us in all the other threads, even start threads if you like. We welcome you and all the new JUDDD buds to take full part in the forum - it's YOUR forum too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
Hello everyone!

I have been away from this BB for a loooooong time, and in this time gained 30 pounds! Fell of the LC wagon in a big way and so I'm back! I saw that a lot of buddies from the UK thread had switched to JUDDD and decided to read up on it. I couldn't stop!

I have a wheat allergy so I need to stay away from all the baked goods, and I get heartburn when I eat sugary things, so LC will still be my main WOE but I need to sort my body out and get losing again! JUDDD seems like it's the thing for me! No more worrying, no more feeling guilty, and maybe even eternal maintenance when I reach my goal!

I am so fed up with the whole yo yo dieting business!

Looking forward to sharing my journey with you all!

A few details about me:

I'm 36 y/o female
I'm 5 feet 10 inches tall
I live and work in Germany
I am Dutch
I have been around these boards forever
and I am happy to be back to LCF, and happier still to have found JUDDD! I have hope!
Mimosa, so glad to have you here! So happy you found JUDDD and will share the journey with us! It really is a remarkable way of life once you get the hang of it - it all becomes easier and easier as your body and mind adjusts, so expect even more joy with this woe down the road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggielou66 View Post
Don't get discouraged if you weigh in after your UD and it is back up to the 254. I've weighed myself every day and seen the scale go down, back up, down, back up, down just a little, back up, etc. Here are my numbers since I started with an UD on 3/24.

Sat. 3/24 (morning weight) Also, this is my before weight for JUDDD 147.0
Sun. 3/25 after my 1st UD 149.8 (WOW!!)
Mon. 3/26 after my 1st DD 147.4
Tues. 3/27 149
Wed. 3/28 147.6
Thurs. 3/29 (after yesterdays UD) 148.6

So, you can see it goes everywhere; however, you can see that after each UD, I have "gained" less, so that's good!

I think we'll both find that it works well. I haven't been having any problems eating up to my calories on UD (even going over) OR eating my 500 DD calories. I'm liking it so far. Hope everything goes great for you, too!
Hi Maggielou! to JUDDD, and it sounds like you're sailing along with it already! Glad you've become accustomed to those famous JUDDD bounces up and down the scale, but you know the overall trend is DOWN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbelle View Post
Hi all - I am a long time LC fan (lost 30 lbs back in 2003). I was insulin resistant and my endo put me on metformin and told me if I went on a low carb diet I would lose weight without trying. Boy was she right - for the first time in my life I wasn't hungry after I ate a meal. I felt like I had found the key to the golden city. I went on Adkins and lost 30 pounds in just a few months - the weight literally just melted off. About 2 years ago I put about 10 pounds back on and then this past Thanksgiving/Chrismas/Vacation put on another 11 (mostly by eating sweets and carbs that I don't usually eat much of now).

So...in Jan. I went back to taking my Metformin and eating LC again to take the 20 back off again. First, I went back to Adkins and was very disappoiinted as I wasn't losing as fast as I had in the past. I also tried EFGT (LC high fat) back in Jan/Feb for a few weeks to see if that helped but still lost very slow. Over the past few months I've managed to take off 7 lbs (vs. 30 in the past over this same time period). So while I've been frustrated by the slow loss - I know LC is definitely the way to go for me personally.

I've been reading about JUDDD and just ordered the book and started today as an up day. My upday recommended intake is 2050 calories and down day is 411 (although I plan to do 500 cals with 5 Whey shakes (100 cals.) throughout the day for the first two weeks. I'll probably keep the upday to about 1600 cals also (I think 2050 is too high for me). I also exercise 3 to 4 times a week for 30-45 mins. (pilates, swimming, minitramp, walking, ballet bar, I love them all).

So I'm hoping that the combination of JUDDD and LC will give me the speedier loss that LC alone used to provide in the past.

Can anyone tell me if they have had a similar experience with LC and if JUDDD has helped them lose faster the 2nd time around?

Also any additional advice is welcome (I'm trying to read though all the posts to learn as much as I can also - this looks like a great site with nice peeps here giving great support and advice).

Thanks!!!!
KellyBelle
to JUDDD, KellyBelle! There are many of us here who had stalls or just very slow weight loss on LC and came to JUDDD and found our metabolisms revving up like we never excpected! You can definitely do LC and JUDDD together, and a number of people enjoy that here very much.

Quote:

TIA
Hi Violet Dream, and ! Have no fear, you can eat anything you want on your JUDDD UDs (and DDs) as long as you respect your calorie limits. You can keep it LC if you like, or you can ease into more carbs by adding something you perhaps missed while on LC, such as a nice slice of artisan bread, or a a serving of your favorite pasta dish, or a dessert or just anything you want! Let us know how you're doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurpydog View Post

Nice to 'meet' everyone!

Stephanie
Hi Stephanie and to the JUDDD woe! I don't take much resveratrol by supplement form (I have some but ususally forget to take it), but I do get it by the red wine I enjoy and it's in some other foods as well. I feel that most of my success is simply from the JUDDD way of eating, but if the resveratrol has helped me at all by boosting SIRT1, then that's just a wonderful bonus!

I wish you all the success you can handle on JUDDD, and glad you have joined us here. Feel free to post all you like on the forum, and let us encourage and help you any way we can, my new JUDDD bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice30 View Post
Good morning little buddy, You have convinced me to make JUDDD my WOE. You my have to give me some of your secrets. I am going to start on Monday.
Good luck and God bless everyone in your weight loss journey.
Janice, and congrats on starting the JUDDD journey! It's a wonderful woe and hope you come to love it as much as we do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by llindsey26 View Post
Let me just start off by saying that I don't know what to say
I am a shy person and normally just lurk but I am going to try getting into this group!

A little weight loss history. About 5 years ago, I put my entire family on a low carb diet for two years. My husband and I lost about 50 lbs each. Kept plateauing and I just couldnt get past 190 lb mark. so we gave up, partially cuz it was too expensive for five of us.

I ended up being back up to 255 lbs. Back in 2009 I had gastric sleeve WLS in Mexico. the surgery is known to only allow 50-60 lbs of weightloss but at the time, that was ok! I chose this particular one due to the no side effects. Anyway, I am back down to fluctuating between 190-200 lbs. Uggg, my 5'2" frame seems to want to stick to 190 lbs.

So last week I started lc again. I was on here earlier this week and my interest was sparked by the acronym JUDDD. I have officially made the switch over to JUDDD now. I am on my 2nd dd and all is well in the hood

I look forward to interacting with all of u! Thank you ahead of time for your support!
Hi Lindsey! to JUDDD, and how wonderful it is to hear you're doing so well!! KUTGW, my new JUDDD bud! Glad you came out of lurkdom to enjoy yourself here with us in JUDDDland. It will be fun to get to know you and share this journey with you.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:34 AM   #1185
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I have been remiss in my to all the Newbie!

I am so to have you guys come over to the "dark side" and am looking forward to your wisdom and knowledge as you continue your journey with JUDDD!

Old 03-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #1186
Major LCF Poster!

Jan, And thanks for all the welcomes you all have sent to me. I am having a great up day.. Still have to make up 890 cal for today.. But I will do it.. Thanks again , Claire
Old 03-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #1187

Hey Claire, is this fun or what?
Old 03-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #1188
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: free2b
Stats: 248/225/180
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Hello everyone!

I found out about this WOE a couple of weeks ago on another forum. Someone over there directed me here and boy am I excited. Who would even dream there would be such a wonderful way to lose weight? And then to top it off a place to meet so many nice people doing the same thing.

I read the book and was facinated with the science behind this WOE. From what I can tell, this site has tons of info that goes deeper than the book. Nothing like personal experience and a willingness to share it.

So, two weeks in and I have lost 6 pounds. That is amazing because for months I lost and gained the same two pounds with low carb. Low carb worked for me when I was younger but I have found that at the age of 61 calories DO count. I plan on trying to stay semi-low carb because of the health benefits.

I am still in the learning stage of what works or does not work for me. For instance, I think I need to do higher protein on my DD to keep hunger away. But, thanks to the history here I have found a lot of good advice.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #1189
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
I'm a newbie too, and ! So glad you found this forum. It's full of a bunch of terrific folks!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #1190

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:

TIA
When will you start JUDDD? If you are going to start it in P3, then stay away from starch and sugar. You have to follow the rules of P3 for 3 weeks before adding in the starches and sugars. Then once that is over and you are stabilized and ready for P4, you can add back in those starches and sugars if you plan to do so in the future. But please continue the rules of P3 for those 3 weeks. That is my plan, if I can ever get off of P2. I am doing P3 for the 3 weeks, then starting the JUDDD.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #1191
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissEvon View Post
Hello everyone!

I found out about this WOE a couple of weeks ago on another forum. Someone over there directed me here and boy am I excited. Who would even dream there would be such a wonderful way to lose weight? And then to top it off a place to meet so many nice people doing the same thing.

I read the book and was facinated with the science behind this WOE. From what I can tell, this site has tons of info that goes deeper than the book. Nothing like personal experience and a willingness to share it.

So, two weeks in and I have lost 6 pounds. That is amazing because for months I lost and gained the same two pounds with low carb. Low carb worked for me when I was younger but I have found that at the age of 61 calories DO count. I plan on trying to stay semi-low carb because of the health benefits.

I am still in the learning stage of what works or does not work for me. For instance, I think I need to do higher protein on my DD to keep hunger away. But, thanks to the history here I have found a lot of good advice.
MissEvon - we are so happy to have you join us! Congrats on your weight lost so far, and I know you will continue to enjoy success on JUDDD. It just gets better the more you do it. Good for you for learning how to eat on DDs, such as needing higher protein. Enjoy the forum and don't hesitate to jump right into posts with everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
I'm a newbie too, and ! So glad you found this forum. It's full of a bunch of terrific folks!
again, Sheridan. It's great to have you on board! Lots of great times and lost weight ahead of you, my JUDDD bud!
Old 03-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #1192
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 178/167.8/135 ~5'10"~
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/18/2014
Thank you all. You're all so wonderful and am glad to be here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
When will you start JUDDD? If you are going to start it in P3, then stay away from starch and sugar. You have to follow the rules of P3 for 3 weeks before adding in the starches and sugars. Then once that is over and you are stabilized and ready for P4, you can add back in those starches and sugars if you plan to do so in the future. But please continue the rules of P3 for those 3 weeks. That is my plan, if I can ever get off of P2. I am doing P3 for the 3 weeks, then starting the JUDDD.
I should be starting in the next few weeks. I didn't end my last (3rd) round properly and reluctantly began a 4th round. HCG has helped me tremendously, but it's not the only way to lose weight. Yes, I plan on sticking with LC during the induction phase and for the most part, I need to watch carbs in general. I'm doing my last interruption meal tomorrow (we're going to our favorite sushi place and the only starch I'll be having is the rice in the sushi). I want to hit 80 pounds gone and when I get to 145.6 I'll be there. I realize the interruption will set me back a few pounds, but they should be gone in no more than two weeks.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:48 AM   #1193
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Msevon2
Hi, my name is Evon and I and ending my 2nd week tomorrow. I am very torn. The 1st week I lost 7 lbs, the 2nd, part of them came back and today my 13th day, I had lost those that came back, again. Does anybody else have this problem? 7 lbs in 2 weeks is good I guess, and I feel better, and I have more energy. and I am going to give it another week.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:22 AM   #1194
Major LCF Poster!

Evon, stay the game.. I need your words of wisdom to get me through this.. Love you.. Have a great weekend all..
Old 03-31-2012, 05:26 AM   #1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msevon2 View Post
Hi, my name is Evon and I and ending my 2nd week tomorrow. I am very torn. The 1st week I lost 7 lbs, the 2nd, part of them came back and today my 13th day, I had lost those that came back, again. Does anybody else have this problem? 7 lbs in 2 weeks is good I guess, and I feel better, and I have more energy. and I am going to give it another week.
7 lbs in two weeks is AMAZING! The scale bounces all over the place, but as long as the trend is downward, it's all good. And remember, you're only dieting half the time! I hope you stick around.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #1196
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Hi all -
I have been lurking for a while and reading up on all your Judd success and decided to take the plunge. I started Mon and have been through 3 DDs and 2 UDs with no loss. Has anyone else gotten off to a slow start and still succeeded with this WOE? As background I am a 52 YO woman 5'4"" 215, long time LCer though I have fallen off the LC wagon of late. During my entry week in Judd I have been eating moderate carb (20-60 net), exercised 2 of those 5 days and eat ~500 cals on DDs and ~2300 or a bit more on UDs. I weigh and measure and track everything in ******. I know it's early to throw in the towel but I confess to be disappointed so far and don't want to waste time if this just flat out doesn't work for some. Help!
Old 03-31-2012, 07:04 AM   #1197
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Hi all -
I have been lurking for a while and reading up on all your Judd success and decided to take the plunge. I started Mon and have been through 3 DDs and 2 UDs with no loss. Has anyone else gotten off to a slow start and still succeeded with this WOE? As background I am a 52 YO woman 5'4"" 215, long time LCer though I have fallen off the LC wagon of late. During my entry week in Judd I have been eating moderate carb (20-60 net), exercised 2 of those 5 days and eat ~500 cals on DDs and ~2300 or a bit more on UDs. I weigh and measure and track everything in ******. I know it's early to throw in the towel but I confess to be disappointed so far and don't want to waste time if this just flat out doesn't work for some. Help!
Hi TJ, and to the forum. When I put your numbers in the calculator, I get about 1966 for UDs and about 590 for DDs. That's at 30% weight loss mode. Perhaps you work out a lot? If so, that would increase your numbers, though many of us only choose "little or no excercise" from the dropdown menu unless they work out a great deal. There are different thoughts on this. You may want to start a thread on the forum to get more replies on your calories. I don't want you to get discouraged.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #1198
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Thanks for the quick reply sophiethecat. I am a bit irregular with exercise. Some weeks are going ho and others just meh but I probably average out to 3-4 times a week. Can you give me a link to the calculator please? The one I found on the Johnson site appears to be broken. I keep getting different results.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #1199
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Thanks for the quick reply sophiethecat. I am a bit irregular with exercise. Some weeks are going ho and others just meh but I probably average out to 3-4 times a week. Can you give me a link to the calculator please? The one I found on the Johnson site appears to be broken. I keep getting different results.
Here's a link to various calculators where you can get an average from: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...lculators.html

I used the calculator on the Johnson site. Make sure you click on inches and pounds instead of cm and kg... a lot of us have accidently clicked the wrong one and got wrong results until we fixed the mistake.

Many of us choose "little or no exercise" from the drop down menu even if we exercise, so that we have a calorie deficit and lose better. But some others who exercise a lot don't want to be famished working out, so they choose a higher level. It's up to you, but you might want to start a thread on the forum asking for more advice on your numbers.

I can give you my own example of calories when losing weight on JUDDD - at age 37 at the time and 5 ft. 6, I ate between 1700 - 1800 calories on UDs to lose. Now I eat closer to what you're having in my maintenance. But I don't do much exercise.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 AM   #1200
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you Claire, Val and everyone else who has welcomed me to this site!
I hope I do really well on this WOE.
Have a great day!
Closed Thread