Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
and another up day with Popeye's chicken and my downfall, their onion rings (45 carbs! ). And I've already lost almost five pounds!

Oh jeepers do I LOVE Popeye's chicken, bisquits, and their onion rings! On Tuesdays they have a two piece (leg and thigh) for .99 cents (430 cals and 12 carbs LOL) and WTG on that 5lb loss!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

To the rest of the noobs I didn't get a chance to personally respond to, there are a lot of us now! Thanks to the fabulous Beebs!

There is strength in numbers and support!!!

It's easier to keep track of your eating if you A.) Log your food in---EVERYTHING you put in your mouth. I found out that I was "eyeballing" way more than 2tbsp of soy creamer in my coffee before I started judddd and started measuring...B.) Come to here for support. It's easier to stay accountable when you know you have a great group of friends here that are cheering you on! Even if you don't have all the time to post or respond, at least READ. As I've been sick and wasn't posting, I was at least reading and learning and finding new recipes and meal ideas.

Welcome, welcome to you all...Metqa, Debrat3, emky, alibaba, stardustshadow, kris4chloe, Queenie324, betty301, Sibylle and anyone I may have accidentally left out!

Old 10-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
So when your maintaining are you still having UP and DD's?
One thing to keep in mind (especially if you're feeling dismal about eating shirataki noodles for the next several decades ) is that the "magic" of JUDDD is the activation of the SIRT1 gene. So while there are many, many ways to (try to) maintain your weight once you get to goal, this WOE does things for your health that I don't think any of the others can claim to!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Hi! My name is Michelle and I am fairly new to both this site and to JUDDD. I have done JUDDD before but have been having trouble with self discipline on DDs and seem to always fall back on Atkins. However I don't lose on Atkins. I've been on Atkins (not perfectly) since Jan '10...so a while. All I've really done since then is gain! I started out at 172, lost to 166, then have gradually gotten up to 188-190 on a good day. I really need to get back on JUDDD because it's the only thing that has worked for me but I was really lacking support for my down days. Those are hardest for me. I am a junk food junkie at heart so I tend to fall back to that very easily. I would love to be able to get support for this WOE and finally get down to 145! I am 5'10" tall and feel best around size 8-10. So far I'm a 12-14 and very unhappy about it. At my heaviest in'03 I was 219 which I lost down to 150 with Nutrisystem and JUDDD. Not sure why I stopped! Wish me luck and lots of willpower!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #95
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup204 View Post
Hi! My name is Michelle and I am fairly new to both this site and to JUDDD. I have done JUDDD before but have been having trouble with self discipline on DDs and seem to always fall back on Atkins. However I don't lose on Atkins. I've been on Atkins (not perfectly) since Jan '10...so a while. All I've really done since then is gain! I started out at 172, lost to 166, then have gradually gotten up to 188-190 on a good day. I really need to get back on JUDDD because it's the only thing that has worked for me but I was really lacking support for my down days. Those are hardest for me. I am a junk food junkie at heart so I tend to fall back to that very easily. I would love to be able to get support for this WOE and finally get down to 145! I am 5'10" tall and feel best around size 8-10. So far I'm a 12-14 and very unhappy about it. At my heaviest in'03 I was 219 which I lost down to 150 with Nutrisystem and JUDDD. Not sure why I stopped! Wish me luck and lots of willpower!!!
Hi, Buttercup! I haven't been here on the JUDDD thread much for the last couple of days and missed the arrival of several new JUDDD BUDDDs, so you're in good company getting started here again!

This place is really hoppin' and friendly, supportive, encouraging, exciting and SUCCESSFUL! If you've done JUDDD before, you probably remember how to set your calorie numbers for your Up Days and your Down Days both. (Do you start off with very low and strict DD calories, or do you have to start in a bit higher and work yourself down?)

I know you'll jump right in and be in the thick of everything, and losing weight quickly too. Good luck in getting your calorie numbers working well for you, and I'll look forward to your great success here very shortly!

Old 10-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Hi Michelle and WELCOME! You'll find lots of support here, so visit and post often.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi! My name is Michelle and I am fairly new to both this site and to JUDDD. I have done JUDDD before but have been having trouble with self discipline on DDs and seem to always fall back on Atkins. However I don't lose on Atkins. I've been on Atkins (not perfectly) since Jan '10...so a while. All I've really done since then is gain! I started out at 172, lost to 166, then have gradually gotten up to 188-190 on a good day.
I always joke and say Atkins made me fat! I mean I've always had a problem with weight but seriously it was once I found atkins that I got to my highest weight ever!

Quote:
I am 5'10" tall and feel best around size 8-10. So far I'm a 12-14 and very unhappy about it. At my heaviest in'03 I was 219 which I lost down to 150 with Nutrisystem and JUDDD. Not sure why I stopped! Wish me luck and lots of willpower!!!
I'm 5'10" as well and actually would LOVE to be a 12/14 again! LOL! Currently I'm a loose 18/tight 16 and my first mini goal is to be a 12 by Christmas...anyway Goodluck Buttercup! We can do this!

Old 10-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Yes, still on UDs and DDs for all the benefits this fluctuating food intake way of eating imparts.

On UDs, I eat anywhere from about 1800 to 2500 calories with an average of about 2000. But UDs are sometimes so casual and unplanned, that it's hard to know. We like to go out to eat, and then we like to snack too as we go here and there on our errands, that I'm sometimes not sure at the end of a day. LOL I'm able to be far more relaxed about UDs than previously!

On DDs, I'm much more precise and exact, right down to fractions of an ounce and counting every calorie. DDs are as low as 500 calories when I need to bring my weight down from the higher end of my maintenance range, up to about 800, or so if I'm doing pretty good.

I eat all foods, including the high carb ones, with an overall mid-carb level range. Today I had just over 800 calories and 92 net carbs. 68 grams of protein.

I'm so very, very, very, VERY glad I put in the work it took to get here, because how I get to eat now without becoming obese again is one of the biggest pleasures I could have found. To think that I can be on a food plan that prevents me getting fat all over again at the same time it allows me the freedom to eat anything I want to include in my menus is hard to believe.

For me, maintaining is a lot like walking, which I know is a shift of our body weight slightly to the left, slightly to the right as we progress forward, as we swing first one leg in front of us and then the other. That's how I maintain. I weigh each morning, and don't worry about the weight fluctuations other than relying on the scale reading to know whether I need to hold the day tightly, or whether I can be very casual about calories and enjoy a few more of them. So I hold to not just the JUDDD Up and Down days still, but allow those days to vary somewhat between higher and lower calories as well. And I let the carbs fall where they may.

But carbs have never seemed to be a problem for my gut, which seems to love them, I don't have high blood sugars, I don't have high blood pressure, sleep like a baby at night (unless I drink a big beverage late, and have to wake up to pee LOL), my hypothyroid seems to be holding well these days again, and since I'm not real low carb anymore, I have a happier disposition and outlook on life, and my fibromyalgia pain almost never, ever flares anymore. People who do really well long term on low carb are blessed, but I am not one of them. I did not respond well, and did not feel well, either physically or mentally, and I did not lose weight. We're all different, aren't we! So JUDDD has been a blessing for me.

I'll repeat that. JUDDD has been a blessing for me.

During my weight loss on JUDDD, I have been able to enjoy every other day at UD calorie levels and foods. I've been able to be on a weight loss diet plan and still attend parties and outings, dining out or hosting dinners here, all on Up Days as though a diet was the furthest thing from my mind. And losing weight all through it, just by respecting and following the Down Days. Those are the days I just didn't plan *occasions* that included food. LOL It was sometimes hard to realize that I was truly on a diet. I just lived my life. And the weight melted away all by itself. It was almost as though I didn't have to do anything to have that happen to me. Like I was being given the gift of a new body without having to work for it. Well, other than those DDs, but I focused on the delight of the UDs, and time passed.

I'm not skinny now. I don't aspire to be. I'm old. I prefer to carry still a bit of plump rather than face how wrinkled I know my face would be in the mirror. But that's me in my avi picture, and that's what I look like now. Not skinny, but not obese anymore either. I'm quite happy. And quite content. And a JUDDDer for life.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #99
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
PAT and I knew we could count on our JUDDD Guru to give the answers that were needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicoaster69 View Post

To the rest of the noobs I didn't get a chance to personally respond to, there are a lot of us now! Thanks to the fabulous Beebs!

There is strength in numbers and support!!!
So I got you over to the "Dark Side"! And yes, there IS power in numbers and that is why we will ALL success on JUDDD, we have GREAT numbers here!

Quote:
And looking forward to hearing your JUDDD experiences from the past! Any good recipes, ideas suggestions are always appreciated!

Last edited by Beeb; 10-19-2011 at 07:08 PM..
Old 10-19-2011, 07:09 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Hello there!
I am considering starting this WOE soon. I currently follow 'lower carb' WOE and it works for maintenance levels but I need to lose a few more #s. I sometimes find it too hard to follow low carb at family parties, get togethers, etc, so I was hoping that this would be a great way to incorporate other foods into my diet while still being able to lose weight. Plus, I really miss grapes and cereal. I did a diet similar to this years ago and lost 9#s in 2 weeks. So not sure why I never considered going back to it, lol.

I have perused these boards and also the JUDDD website. I input my stats and my up days said 3394 cals and down days 849. So I have several questions.

1)Induction phase I eat 500 cals on DD? (Induction is 2 weeks?) Then bump up to 849?
2)Silly question but is DD and UD every other day? Like DD Monday, UD Tuesday, etc?

Thanks to you all! I am excited for this, especially since I totally overate today so I feel that if I start a DD tomorrow then I did allright today! lol.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Rileyworm Someone more knowledgeable than I will come along soon to answer your specific questions, but I just wanted to say "hi" and I bet you will do great with JUDDD.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sibylle
Stats: 170/150/120
WOE: HF/VLC
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Welcome Synger, Betty and Sibylle! To answer your question, sib, most of us found that the UD calorie estimates on the juddd site were rather generous! What many of us do is base them on our goal weight, rather than our current weight. Also, check out a few online calorie estimators, to give you an idea of the general amount recommended. I did this, and just took the average amount of the recommendations given.... Which worked out about 100 less than juddd gave me. I am now upping these a little each day, to see how many I can have without stopping my weightless. I love to eat! As to your DD cals, it looks to me as if you have chosen the lowest percentage of your UD cals for your DD number...20%. try using 30 or 35% to see what you get. I know beeb, started on about 700 cals, as I did, and just cut down gradually. It was a gentler way to start, and less of a shock to the system! Try 35% and see how you do for your first DD, then adjust from there. Happy juddding all! Hugs Jo X
Hi Jo! Thank you very much for the warm welcome and the detailed answer. From what I read so far, Beeb has seen very great results. I will will adjust to about 600 cals. It's very nice to see the number of new people following JUDD growing from minute to minute. Have a great rest of the week! Sib
Old 10-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibylle View Post
Hi all,

please count me in. I followed the thread Beeb started in the main forum and got curious about JUDD. After a several week long stall on VLC/HF I really hope that JUDD will help me see some new trend on the scale. I am on day 3 now and really surprised to find me not hungry on the second DD. Do all of you follow the calorie recommendation of the calculator on the JUDD webside? It would be 360 cals for me on the DDs and it really seems to be very low. TIA for any answer and good luck to all! Sib
I follow that calculator, using 35% and my goal weight, though I have gone over their allowance on my UDs since I started a week ago.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
Hello there!
I am considering starting this WOE soon. I currently follow 'lower carb' WOE and it works for maintenance levels but I need to lose a few more #s. I sometimes find it too hard to follow low carb at family parties, get togethers, etc, so I was hoping that this would be a great way to incorporate other foods into my diet while still being able to lose weight. Plus, I really miss grapes and cereal. I did a diet similar to this years ago and lost 9#s in 2 weeks. So not sure why I never considered going back to it, lol.

I have perused these boards and also the JUDDD website. I input my stats and my up days said 3394 cals and down days 849. So I have several questions.

1)Induction phase I eat 500 cals on DD? (Induction is 2 weeks?) Then bump up to 849?
2)Silly question but is DD and UD every other day? Like DD Monday, UD Tuesday, etc?

Thanks to you all! I am excited for this, especially since I totally overate today so I feel that if I start a DD tomorrow then I did allright today! lol.

And so glad to see you here with us! OK, to answer your questions, the best I can by my experience:

My DD starting cals were 345 and I KNEW I would never be able to do this little so I used a number between the 40% and 45% on the calculator to get myself going, which came to 700 cals. I left the suggested UD cals alone and started on JUDDD with an UD, which I always suggest because it makes the 1st DD so much easier, I think. It worked just fine for me. You can start at 500 cals or somewhere in between the suggested 849 and move down to 500 if you are so inclined after a few UDs and DDs, or just stay there or even up those DD cals to the full 849 if you find you can still lose that way. Keep the UD calories, even though they may seem high,pretty much alone. You may also want to go to other calorie calculators and do several then take an average for the UDs and DDs and use those number.

See, the magic of JUDDD is that is works around us and how we live, as long as we work that calorie gap for each day as suggested and by the percentages suggested. So....play around some, see what works for you, tweak up or down but just be sure to make the gap between the UD and DD just as suggested by the percentages on JUDDD.

All the rest is just being patient and letting JUDDD work it's magic even though it may not make sense. I will suggest you read the threads here as much as you can, and plan/track/measure/weigh everything on your DDs. It really goes make a difference!

Looking forward to seeing your progress and your posts!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 10-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibylle View Post
Hi all,

please count me in. I followed the thread Beeb started in the main forum and got curious about JUDD. After a several week long stall on VLC/HF I really hope that JUDD will help me see some new trend on the scale. I am on day 3 now and really surprised to find me not hungry on the second DD. Do all of you follow the calorie recommendation of the calculator on the JUDD webside? It would be 360 cals for me on the DDs and it really seems to be very low. TIA for any answer and good luck to all! Sib
and glad to have you on board!! Please read this post below here to see what I had to say about upping those DD cals. It can be done, I have done it with great results!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
And so glad to see you here with us! OK, to answer your questions, the best I can by my experience:

My DD starting cals were 345 and I KNEW I would never be able to do this little so I used a number between the 40% and 45% on the calculator to get myself going, which came to 700 cals. I left the suggested UD cals alone and started on JUDDD with an UD, which I always suggest because it makes the 1st DD so much easier, I think. It worked just fine for me. You can start at 500 cals or somewhere in between the suggested 849 and move down to 500 if you are so inclined after a few UDs and DDs, or just stay there or even up those DD cals to the full 849 if you find you can still lose that way. Keep the UD calories, even though they may seem high,pretty much alone. You may also want to go to other calorie calculators and do several then take an average for the UDs and DDs and use those number.

See, the magic of JUDDD is that is works around us and how we live, as long as we work that calorie gap for each day as suggested and by the percentages suggested. So....play around some, see what works for you, tweak up or down but just be sure to make the gap between the UD and DD just as suggested by the percentages on JUDDD.

All the rest is just being patient and letting JUDDD work it's magic even though it may not make sense. I will suggest you read the threads here as much as you can, and plan/track/measure/weigh everything on your DDs. It really goes make a difference!

Last edited by Beeb; 10-19-2011 at 08:01 PM..
Old 10-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post

THANKS!!
I am really looking forward to this! I am doing a DD today, (had UD yesterday, potluck at work, ugh!), just to see how it goes. I will start officially on Monday, because I have 3 family events this weekend, Fri, Sat, AND Sun so I know I won't be able to manage DD on any of those days.

So, to reiterate, I should keep my UD around 3400 and DD I can play around with (btw 500-849 and see how it goes.) And, you do every other day, right?

I am really excited about this!

-Erin
Old 10-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So, to reiterate, I should keep my UD around 3400 and DD I can play around with (btw 500-849 and see how it goes.) And, you do every other day, right?
Erin, I see you weigh a lot less than me and my UDs are 2400,
so unless you are VERY active perhaps you made a mistake with the calculator.
The default is in kgs so if you by chance put your weight in there without changing to lbs, that could have given you a much higher calorie count!

Please pardon me if I am wrong!

And yes, most people do every other day. Consensus seems to be it's okay to occasionally do two UDs in a row for weekends/special occasions, or if your DD turns into an MD (medium day) because you just get too hungry, you can change the next day (which would have been an UD) into a DD.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
Old 10-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
I'm guessing I should intro myself as another member who was lured in here by the awesome post by Beeb in the main lobby. I just started JUDDD this past week, and I'm struggling with the DD's. Not with hungry per se, but wanting to eat. Being much older than most here, I have to be very careful about the UD's I think.
I've always strugged w/ weight and hoping this will be the answer, although I am reserving judgement.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:29 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Linda, I started my first week with 50% calories instead of the 35-20% recommended for weight loss.
My plan as I get used to this is to either cut back 100 calories or so per DD, or to increase my activity level so I can eat a little more. 500 calories a day seems so Draconian! It's been an enormous effort for me to stay around 1000-1200!!!

But--I also started this diet with few low-fat items in the house, and very little money to go shopping for specialty foods. As the week has progressed, I have tried a few recipes and learned a few tricks. It's getting easier, and honestly I think I am losing at 50%!!! It's not as dramatic and amazing as other people who are sticking to the lower %s, but it's a start! Good luck!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #110

Hello, to EVEN MORE NEW JUDDDers! It's so great to see more and more new faces as these days go by.

I hope, and I do believe, that you will love JUDDD as much as we established followers do, once you've become used to the plan and followed it a short while. It's amazing what it can do for you, and not just for simple weight loss, but to help get your metabolism responding a bit better than it's been running lately!

I look forward to your posts of triumph as you come in to report your losses in these next days and weeks.

So glad you've all joined us!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Erin, I see you weigh a lot less than me and my UDs are 2400,
so unless you are VERY active perhaps you made a mistake with the calculator.
The default is in kgs so if you by chance put your weight in there without changing to lbs, that could have given you a much higher calorie count!

Please pardon me if I am wrong!

And yes, most people do every other day. Consensus seems to be it's okay to occasionally do two UDs in a row for weekends/special occasions, or if your DD turns into an MD (medium day) because you just get too hungry, you can change the next day (which would have been an UD) into a DD.
I have NO idea what I did yesterday when calculating this, but when I put it in again, it came up with 776 DD and 2218 UD. That is for 35% weight loss mode(I have no idea what this means, can someone explain it to me?)
For 20%, it changed my DD to 440.
I thought 3400 was alot, I was worried about how I was going to accomplish that! LOL!

I feel as though I will do well on this diet, I did HCG (2 rounds) in January and May so hopefully this low calorie thing is easy-breezy.

Thanks, everyone, for your help!!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Wow, so many newbies!! How cool! Good luck everybody! I'm excited to follow your progress!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda! And anyone else new I may have missed! So glad to have more people here!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
I'm guessing I should intro myself as another member who was lured in here by the awesome post by Beeb in the main lobby. I just started JUDDD this past week, and I'm struggling with the DD's. Not with hungry per se, but wanting to eat. Being much older than most here, I have to be very careful about the UD's I think.
I've always strugged w/ weight and hoping this will be the answer, although I am reserving judgement.
LINDA!!! I am SO to see you here! Glad I could lure you over to the "Dark Side"!! The DDs get better and better, you will see. After about 3 weeks it's not your hunger on DD is gone!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #115

Quote:
I have NO idea what I did yesterday when calculating this, but when I put it in again, it came up with 776 DD and 2218 UD. That is for 35% weight loss mode(I have no idea what this means, can someone explain it to me?)
For 20%, it changed my DD to 440.
I thought 3400 was alot, I was worried about how I was going to accomplish that! LOL!

I feel as though I will do well on this diet, I did HCG (2 rounds) in January and May so hopefully this low calorie thing is easy-breezy.

Thanks, everyone, for your help!!
I think the new numbers you got are good ones. I suggest you give them a try for a week and see what happens. Then if you want, give a tweak! This is the beauty of JUDDD, it CAN be tweaked for what works for you! And sorry about not answering your every other day ?. Yes, it is every other day; UD then DD then UD then DD, etc. But some do Monday, Wednesday, Friday as DDs and then the weekend as UDs. It's whatever is going to work for you. You can even throw a Medium day in there if you have something that is going to be like a party, family affair, etc. that you know you will want to eat more than a DD. A MD is about half way in between the calories of your UD and DD, or at leas that is how I do it. Maybe others will chime in here and let us know what there MDs look like in calories.

Hope this answered you ?s and looking forward to seeing your progress!!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #116
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LILHOPSD
Stats: 177/159/140 first goal. 5'4" 40 yo
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May '11
Hello!

Hi Everyone,
My name is Sheri and I'm thinking about diving into the JUDD waters with you all. I've been doing Low Carb this time around since mid May, and while I've been moderately successful (especially considering the weeks here and there when I derailed), I think I need to try something a little different. I think that eating a lower carb lifestyle has been a great change for me, but so hard for me to maintain long term the way I'm doing it now. I'll be really good during the week and then have a small cheat or two on the weekend and negate everything I did all week. I still want to be mindful of my carb intake, but in a way that I can enjoy some of my favorite foods, especially in social situations.

By the way, I wonder if some people who are coming up with high calorie limits using the Johnson website are doing what I accidentally did....while I did put my height in inches I didn't change the default to lbs for the weight, and it defaults to kgs. I was going "holy carp, I can have 2700 calories on my up day! Yahoo!"

Anyway, you all seem like a great group of supportive, non judgemental people and, really, isn't that why most of us come to a site like this?!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #117
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LILHOPSD
Stats: 177/159/140 first goal. 5'4" 40 yo
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May '11
Sorry PJ, I see that you already addressed the lbs vs kgs issue!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #118

Welcome to Linda and Sheri! Man, we're growing in numbers here. It looks like the secret is leaking out. It works!

I think you will be two more JUDDD BUDDDs quickly falling in love with the plan that helps you lose weight or maintain easily, only requires you *diet* every other day, and let's you live the other half of your days like people who don't have weight issues. LOL

Old 10-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

Sheri!!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
to those newer then me. I have only been here for less then a week and am on day four today and am loving this WOE.
Closed Thread