Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #1021
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Abby:

Babs: WTG!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #1022
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
I am surprised at how easy today's DD (3rd one) was. I wasn't hungry all day. I ate because it was time to eat. 442 calories.
Amazingly happy JUDDDer.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #1023
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Momto2boysNJ
Stats: 2 be Physically Fit
WOE: LC for ME!
HI everyone! My story is very similar to AbbieTheOptimist. I've actually low carbed on and off for 12 years now. IN 2009 I was 225 and started lc'ing. I got down to 159 last summer when I decided to quit smoking.

At the same time I started having really odd pains. A trip to the ER, regular doc, cardio & finally for a xray then MRI, turns out I have 2 herniated discs in my neck.

Everything stopped & i lived on the couch or in bed.

As you can guess, I've been feeding the pain & gained back 20.

Last week I decided to start low carbing again. Today marks 1 week and I haven't lost 1 single pound.

I was going to wander over to the HCG forums as I know people who have done really well on it when I took a side detour here. HCG kind of scares me so I am excited to try this first.

I have a few things to take care of today so I'm going to go find out my calorie requirement and then do an up day today.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #1024

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Abbie, Susan, wow you have both done so well already, just quitting smoking, Well done both of you.

I do hope the JUDDD way of life suits you. Most people really love it, however they decide to take in their calories, LC or Higher Carbs.

Ask away, trawl the threads and jump right in.

Last edited by Kissa; 03-13-2012 at 07:01 AM..
Old 03-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
Thank you for the welcome!! It is nice to have support. I got through my first DD day without going over 500 cals. First challenge complete!
It is interesting how many of us find this. 500 sound so little but if you keep busy and remember that 'food will always be there' suddenly it is the end of the day and you UD is just around the corner.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #1026
Blabbermouth!!!

Susan! Enjoy your first UD!!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #1027
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cathyjs
Stats: 235/224.8/185
WOE: South Beach and now JUDDD
Start Date: 3/9/2012
Hi Everyone! I just started JUDDD. I was using South Beach, but have been plateaued for what seems like forever! I saw this and thought I would give it a try. I'm excited about trying new things and I was surprised how much easier the first 2 DDs were than what I expected. I really enjoy the tips and the recipe board. There seems to be a great support system here.

Cathy
Old 03-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #1028
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: scotslvr
Hello everyone

Hi, I have been following JUDDD now for a little over a week and thought I would jump in and post.

I used to post on the board a few years ago when I was low carbing. I could lose, but I always gained back. My lifestyle really isn't low carb friendly. I have some health issues and a job where I pretty much work out of my car so convenience in food is important.

I lost weight (50 pounds) over the past year counting calories (1250 per day), but have gained back 18 pounds and can't seem to stick with 1250 calories anymore. I have been very pleasantly surprised to find that down days are pretty easy for me and having the ability to eat more normally on up days makes this something I can see myself doing long term.

I lost 3 pounds my first week which is really fabulous. It took me 2 months to even lose 1 pound when I first went low calorie which is very strange, but maybe my hypothyroidism had something to do with that.

I have fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, spinal arthritis and tachycardia. I am looking forward to the anti-inflammatory effects of this diet.

Everyone here is so kind and welcoming. It seems like a really supportive environment!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #1029

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslvr View Post
Hi, I have been following JUDDD now for a little over a week and thought I would jump in and post.

I used to post on the board a few years ago when I was low carbing. I could lose, but I always gained back. My lifestyle really isn't low carb friendly. I have some health issues and a job where I pretty much work out of my car so convenience in food is important.

I lost weight (50 pounds) over the past year counting calories (1250 per day), but have gained back 18 pounds and can't seem to stick with 1250 calories anymore. I have been very pleasantly surprised to find that down days are pretty easy for me and having the ability to eat more normally on up days makes this something I can see myself doing long term.

I lost 3 pounds my first week which is really fabulous. It took me 2 months to even lose 1 pound when I first went low calorie which is very strange, but maybe my hypothyroidism had something to do with that.

I have fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, spinal arthritis and tachycardia. I am looking forward to the anti-inflammatory effects of this diet.

Everyone here is so kind and welcoming. It seems like a really supportive environment!
Hi from another Dawn. I was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism (on levothyroxine) and have been tachycardic for years and years (on atenolol). I'm losing very well on this plan (and was even before I knew about the thyroid issue--it's only been 3 days).
Old 03-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #1030

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Cathy and Susan!!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #1031
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hannah, Abbie, Babs, Susan, Cathy, Dawn!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #1032
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cathyjs
Stats: 235/224.8/185
WOE: South Beach and now JUDDD
Start Date: 3/9/2012
Thank you for the Welcomes! I'm looking forward to being a part of JUDDD!

Cathy
Old 03-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #1033

Cathy and our new Dawn.

You are just going to love it here. JUDDD is the best thing, eating wise, to happen to me. I so wish I had discovered it years ago.

Enjoy!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #1034

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslvr View Post

It's been a while! Hope you have been well. I'm still w/ FC- unemployed and a full-time student. So much to catch up on- it's been 4 years, I think? JUDDD is doing right by me- started Jan. 1- and down 20 lbs. I think you'll do well here!

Old 03-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #1035

Gallery: Momto2boysNJ
Stats: 2 be Physically Fit
WOE: LC for ME!
thanks!
i'm going to hit the grocery store after my doc appt in the morning & grab some shakes. I wanted to start today with an UP but really didn't research what to eat to get my 500 calories tomorrow so i'm going to just go with shakes for now.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #1036
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Although I am still a newbie, I also welcome our newest members!!

I just had my second DD day, had 485 calories, and I feel great!! Going to bed and looking forward to all the food I have planned for tomorrow's menu, yum!!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #1037
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2boysNJ View Post
thanks!
i'm going to hit the grocery store after my doc appt in the morning & grab some shakes. I wanted to start today with an UP but really didn't research what to eat to get my 500 calories tomorrow so i'm going to just go with shakes for now.
That's what I incorporated into my DD today - had an Atkins bar for lunch with some cabbage, and then had an Atkins chocolate shake for dinner, with a whole orange later on (had cream of wheat for breakfast) - this WOE is so easily doable!!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #1038
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: scotslvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Hi from another Dawn. I was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism (on levothyroxine) and have been tachycardic for years and years (on atenolol). I'm losing very well on this plan (and was even before I knew about the thyroid issue--it's only been 3 days).
Thank you, Dawn! The atenolol is what I take. I had been put on others that gave me hideous side effects. That one seems to be the best for me. It is great to hear how well you are doing on this plan. I am also taking Synthroid for the thyroid. I am sorry you have these health issues too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Hannah, Abbie, Babs, Susan, Cathy, Dawn!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Cathy and our new Dawn.

You are just going to love it here. JUDDD is the best thing, eating wise, to happen to me. I so wish I had discovered it years ago.

Enjoy!
Thank you all! I am so glad to be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post

It's been a while! Hope you have been well. I'm still w/ FC- unemployed and a full-time student. So much to catch up on- it's been 4 years, I think? JUDDD is doing right by me- started Jan. 1- and down 20 lbs. I think you'll do well here!

Hi Pami! It is so good to see you here. How cool that you are a student now. What are you studying? I am still working for hospice as a bereavement counselor. You have had great success on JUDDD!!! I am already loving this plan.

Welcome to Cathy and others from another newbie.

Last edited by scotslvr; 03-14-2012 at 06:13 AM..
Old 03-14-2012, 06:53 AM   #1039
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wifeofseth
Stats: 270/270/140
WOE: LC during pregnancy
Start Date: March 2012
I am new to this WOE! I have followed an LC WOE fairly stringently after developing diabetes during pregnancy that didn't go away after the birth of my son. After 14 months, I actually weigh 6lbs more than when I started! So, I decided it's time for a change. My husband is far more research oriented than I and mentioned a diet that is based on calorie shifting. It was extremely complicated, and then I found JUDDD on this site while looking for people who have gained while LC'ing.

Anyway, I'm SO excited about this! I ordered the book for my Kindle this morning and will be devoting my afternoon to starting in on it. :-)
Old 03-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #1040
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeofseth View Post
I am new to this WOE! I have followed an LC WOE fairly stringently after developing diabetes during pregnancy that didn't go away after the birth of my son. After 14 months, I actually weigh 6lbs more than when I started! So, I decided it's time for a change. My husband is far more research oriented than I and mentioned a diet that is based on calorie shifting. It was extremely complicated, and then I found JUDDD on this site while looking for people who have gained while LC'ing.

Anyway, I'm SO excited about this! I ordered the book for my Kindle this morning and will be devoting my afternoon to starting in on it. :-)
There is so much to read on the boards that will help you too! I've been reading for a week and I'm still not caught up. Lots of sage advice.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #1041

Gallery: lynnjp
Stats: 273/179/150
WOE: Began JUDDD 3/18/12 UD1600 DD 490
Start Date: 4/28/2001
OK I have spent the last three days reading about the plan, searched through all information available to me here and online and ordered the book. I had planned to wait until the book arrived and I had read it to start but it does appear that there is plenty of information and ideas here to begin sooner than that. Do you folks suggest that I hold off until I have read the book or begin in the next few days? I am down with the flu right now so I am not sure that this would be an optimum time to start but am excited at the possibility of ending this stall that seems to have lasted such a very long time~~~Want to take a minute to thank Beeb for posting over on the main lobby-it was her post that directed me here-it is nice to see folks who have been following the plan for a long time successfully and are still excited about their WOL~~~ I look forward to getting to know you

JUDDD 3/18/12 180 pounds 6/27 166 9/17 161

Link to my photos
http://community.webshots.com/user/lynnjc
Old 03-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #1042
Blabbermouth!!!

Wifeofseth:

Lynn: to you also! Some people have mentioned that illness can affect weight loss. Make sure you listen to what your body needs and get well! You are the only one who knows what is right for your body.

You do not have to wait until you read the book to get started. I started JUDD and ordered the had cover book the same day. Took about a week to get here, but I was already having success and very much enjoying this WOE.

Got lots of insight from the book and it's also motivating, so I'm glad I read it and I go back to it for encouragement and a "refresher" course every now and then.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 03-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #1043

Gallery: lynnjp
Stats: 273/179/150
WOE: Began JUDDD 3/18/12 UD1600 DD 490
Start Date: 4/28/2001
thanks for that prompt response Yam-Yam I am going to wait until I feel better but will have everything in place to begin than-can take this sick time to plan my menus LOL
Old 03-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeofseth View Post

to the JUDDD boards, the happiest most supportive board on LCF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnjp View Post
OK I have spent the last three days reading about the plan, searched through all information available to me here and online and ordered the book. I had planned to wait until the book arrived and I had read it to start but it does appear that there is plenty of information and ideas here to begin sooner than that. Do you folks suggest that I hold off until I have read the book or begin in the next few days? I am down with the flu right now so I am not sure that this would be an optimum time to start but am excited at the possibility of ending this stall that seems to have lasted such a very long time~~~Want to take a minute to thank Beeb for posting over on the main lobby-it was her post that directed me here-it is nice to see folks who have been following the plan for a long time successfully and are still excited about their WOL~~~ I look forward to getting to know you
What I said above.

I do agree with Yam-Yam though, hold off starting until you are fully recovered from the flu. Then start with an UD including some of you absolute favourite foods.

Although the book recommends shakes for the first 2 weeks it is not essential. I do know that some folks who found they weren't really enjoying the JUDDD magic went back and did use the shakes. But real food is much more fun I always think.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #1045
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
Hello ladies,

I'm giving JUDDD yet another dedicated try. I posted in the other "newbie" thread in this forum but just saw this one. I've tried JUDDD (non lc) and it was the only thing that I saw any results with before I quit working it.

I've been low carbing since mid-January - no plan, just keeping net carbs at 40-50 - and have always wanted to mix the two plans. I tried a couple of years ago, but that went nowhere.

Unlike alot of you, I stay much fuller and satisfied with fat, not protein. So DD's will be a bit of a challenge. I went through the DD menu ideas sticky and got loads of ideas so thanks for those! I don't do well with ingredients over 3-4 deep , so I snagged all them shorty recipes .

I've decided to go with between 500-700 just so I won't feel hemmed in. Although I'm seeing lots of changes in the mirror (as I always do when I "diet"), the scale isn't moving. I've loved lc'ing on my own with no rules. Rules seem to do me in. I think I can stay close to the 500 cals/day if I have some "mental" leeway. Plus, I exercise 3-4 times a week. I forget who on here gave herself the 25%, 30% and 35% sticky notes thing, but that sounds like a fabulous idea!

So, short story long , I'm here. Again.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #1046

back, and lovely to have you here.

Make it work for you, that is the key.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #1047
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, Kissa!!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #1048
Major LCF Poster!

Vanilla_latte, welcome again!! I saw you on the other thread; you are a visitor no more; you're now family!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #1049
Major LCF Poster!

Aw, thank you, Valerie!!
Old 03-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #1050
Blabbermouth!!!

Vanilla! Although I already know ye from our latte conversation. Had me one today. Thanks for the visual!
Closed Thread