Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #991
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hellinyoureyes (great name!)

Spotted you around the boards but this a great place to get noticed as a newbie, and to see who is starting off at around the same time as you.

It sounds as if you were made for JUDDD, not limiting yourself all the time is what we all love about this WOE.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #992
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellInYourEyes View Post
Hi! I have no idea how I missed this thread! Anywhoodle, I'm Melissa. I started on an UD yesterday and today is my first DD. So far, I'm doing pretty good.

I'm 31, 5'0 and currently resting comfortably (grr) at 146lbs (after UD) my goal is to get down to a comfy, for me, 115lbs. I'm built small, but carry extra weight incredibly easy if I let it get out of hand.

I am trying JUDDD, because after a month on low carb, I have pretty much stayed the same. I like the idea of not limiting myself all the time, and hope this helps! It totally sounds like something I can do forever!
again, HIYE! We're always glad to have new JUDDD buds - more people enjoying weight loss and this freeing wol with us!
Old 03-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #993
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Believe me you will bounce, up, down, up, down.

Have a look at 'The Scale She Bounces" thread, Pami has a wonderful graph on there that shows how scary it can be. But the trend is what matters and the trend is DOWN.

I am so glad the day turned out just fine and that you saw an initial loss.

Enjoy the Up day and, if you do eat carbs, , remember the gain will be water, not fat.
Thanks for the encouragement. I've always been a daily weigher and a bouncer so I'm used to it but I'm expecting it to be a little more drastic. I hope it won't bother me.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #994
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome to all the newbies! Sorry I haven't been around as much to welcome y'all. Dealing with my own stuff and a little self-absorbed. But I've been reading and cheering you on from here!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #995
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Howdy. I looked at posts made yesterday and JUDDD caught my eye. Interval exercise works so I thought I'd give this a try and see if it works for me. I had only had my protein shake so I made it a down day (546 cal). I wasn't hungry until 30 minutes before dinner. I'm having difficulty working in enough calories for the up days, but with a lot of finagling, I managed a plan for today (2155 suggested, 2167 actual). I appreciate all the DD foods posted and am glad I had glucomannan powder in the house! It made yesterday easier. I've added more nuts and coconut oil to my UD list. Adding more calories is more difficult than I thought it would be.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.
-o
Old 03-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #996

oropendola, good choice.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #997
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Hello all!! I saw a post on a thread that talked about doing JUDDD, so I thought I'd click the link and see what it was all about - wow, I am liking what I'm reading!! I had always been a bit nervous in eating a lot of red meat, proteins, eggs, things like that, and I miss eating fruits, my cream of wheat, etc. So I'd like to give this a try; I saw a post from Kissa above that it's best to start out with a UD, so that's what I'll do, starting tomorrow, looking forward to this WOE!!!!

I've got brand new knees, a wonderful Blessing from the Lord!!!

Old 03-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #998
Blabbermouth!!!

again O & Valerie!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #999
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Welcome to all the new folks here!! This is an awsome place to be!!! Good luck in the up and coming weeks!!! you can do it.. you can do it!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 04:04 AM   #1000

Good to see you Valerie, enjoy the journey and all those lovely food that you have lived without for so long.

I did Atkins for 11 years. Last night I enjoyed garlic focaccia and spaghetti Puttanesca.

Today will be a boiled egg, a small cheese and ham sandwich, and fish and veggies tonight. Oh and because I am in maintenance and I can, a lovely soya flat white.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:43 AM   #1001
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: soon
Stats: restart 07
WOE: whatever works
Kissa what is a soya flat white?
Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #1002
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Thanks for the welcomes. I'm still reading all the BBs on JUDD but I've jumped in with both feet. Today's my second DD. I gained .4 after yesterday's feast which I'm happy with. I've been at 204 +/- a pound for 3 weeks and I'm ready to release some more. I'm liking it so far.
-o
Old 03-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #1003
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Good to see you Valerie, enjoy the journey and all those lovely food that you have lived without for so long.

I did Atkins for 11 years. Last night I enjoyed garlic focaccia and spaghetti Puttanesca.

Today will be a boiled egg, a small cheese and ham sandwich, and fish and veggies tonight. Oh and because I am in maintenance and I can, a lovely soya flat white.
This is going to be a wonderful journey, I can see it already!! It just makes so much perfect sense, the perfect WOE - so today I've been doing great, looking forward to enjoying some good carbs, and I have been working out at Curves on a regular basis for the last 2 weeks and upping my water intake. Another thing I've noticed is that so many folks eating LC would lose, but then the weight came back strong (like in my case), but I'm not really seeing that with folks here at JUDDD - summertime, here I come!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #1004
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLight View Post
This is going to be a wonderful journey, I can see it already!! It just makes so much perfect sense, the perfect WOE - so today I've been doing great, looking forward to enjoying some good carbs, and I have been working out at Curves on a regular basis for the last 2 weeks and upping my water intake. Another thing I've noticed is that so many folks eating LC would lose, but then the weight came back strong (like in my case), but I'm not really seeing that with folks here at JUDDD - summertime, here I come!!!
Yes, it seems like many who follow just a LC woe are sensitive to carbs (perhaps partly from the woe) and gain stubborn weight when they go off plan at all and have a carby meal.... while those following JUDDD often find less gain from carbs or at least that it comes off a lot quicker. YMMV though, of course. But I've noticed this among us here on JUDDD compared to reports (and my own experience) when following only vLC.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #1005
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hatewashingup
Stats: 135/114/108
WOE: Juddd/Vegetable lover!
Start Date: January 2012
Hello, everybody, I'm Hannah, 20yrs old and from the uk.

I was doing modified Atkins (my vegan version) which does help me lose weight quickly but I felt so exhausted that I could barely get through half my usual workouts or a day at the restaurant where I work.

I decided to try judd as a bit of a spur of the moment thing a couple of days ago when I overate on Atkins and kicked myself out of ketosis, and just by chance the same day was reading through some of the threads on here, and thought 'well, today can be my up day, and i'll do a down day tomorrow and then really I haven't messed up my diet at all'

So I did a dd yesterday, UD today and am loving it so far!! I only have about 9lbs left to lose so hopefully this will be the magic secret to shift them...and maintain them, which has always been my problem before. Since I was a chubby 14 year old I have lost 30lbs several times and it's always crept back on!

I am planning to start off staying quite low carb still, and very slowly increase my UD carbs from 50 to about 150. The reason for this is the best thing about low carbing for me has been the reduction in appetite and almost complete elimination of carb cravings, and I don't want to get those cravings back.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #1006
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: northandcold23
Stats: 134/117/112
I am ready to join you all! I have been on LCF a long time, but have not posted in a LONG time. I do continually read to find great workouts and tips. I saw Beebs post about JUDD and pretty much have ready the entire thread. I think this will work for me to get the last few pounds off.
I have been doing CKD, eating low carb during the week, working out hard, and doing a depletion workout on Sat morning and carbing up. It worked great for awhile. I started this in Aug. 2010. I lost 15 lbs, but it took almost a year. I am smaller without a doubt, and my clothes fit great. I still want to get down more.
I was down to 117 (I am 5 feet tall by the way) around Christmas, but my weight kept creeping. I started JUDD a few days ago and even tho I have gained I am convinced it will work because usually after a Sat carb up I am up at least 3 lbs this time not even two!
Big issue with me is that we seem to have social gatherings almost every weekend. I looked back to Jan and Feb and we had a party every Saturday except 2. I am thinking Judd will help and I will have to juggle things so my calories are also up on Sat. Also, I feel drained quite a bit with lo-carb when working out so I think this will also help.

I am going to try to shoot for 500 calories today!

I think I have rambled on enough - nice to meet you all and love reading how supportive you all are!

03/09/12 121.2 DD 650
03/10/12 121.8 UD 1800 (estimate went out to lunch with family)
03/11/01 123 DD

-Cindy

Last edited by northandcold23; 03-11-2012 at 07:56 AM..
Old 03-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #1007

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Hannah and Cindy!
Old 03-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #1008
Major LCF Poster!

Hello friends!! I am doing great on my first DD of eating - went to Curves this morning, and that will be my weekly weigh-in day, I get there early before going to church; the other times I go to Curves, it is in the evening, and I am more comfortable with a good weekly morning weigh-in - I was 255, and this morning, it showed 253, so that is going to be my starting weight for my JUDDD journey. TTYL!!
Old 03-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #1009

to you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatewashingup View Post
Hello, everybody, I'm Hannah, 20yrs old and from the uk.

I was doing modified Atkins (my vegan version) which does help me lose weight quickly but I felt so exhausted that I could barely get through half my usual workouts or a day at the restaurant where I work.

I decided to try judd as a bit of a spur of the moment thing a couple of days ago when I overate on Atkins and kicked myself out of ketosis, and just by chance the same day was reading through some of the threads on here, and thought 'well, today can be my up day, and i'll do a down day tomorrow and then really I haven't messed up my diet at all'

So I did a dd yesterday, UD today and am loving it so far!! I only have about 9lbs left to lose so hopefully this will be the magic secret to shift them...and maintain them, which has always been my problem before. Since I was a chubby 14 year old I have lost 30lbs several times and it's always crept back on!

I am planning to start off staying quite low carb still, and very slowly increase my UD carbs from 50 to about 150. The reason for this is the best thing about low carbing for me has been the reduction in appetite and almost complete elimination of carb cravings, and I don't want to get those cravings back.
Welcome another UK JUDDDer. Lovely to have you here. Being a vegan is a challenge on any WOE, but I believe JUDDD could be very freeing. Post often and going the Newbie thread. I bet you will be able to maintain easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northandcold23 View Post
I am ready to join you all! I have been on LCF a long time, but have not posted in a LONG time. I do continually read to find great workouts and tips. I saw Beebs post about JUDD and pretty much have ready the entire thread. I think this will work for me to get the last few pounds off.
I have been doing CKD, eating low carb during the week, working out hard, and doing a depletion workout on Sat morning and carbing up. It worked great for awhile. I started this in Aug. 2010. I lost 15 lbs, but it took almost a year. I am smaller without a doubt, and my clothes fit great. I still want to get down more.
I was down to 117 (I am 5 feet tall by the way) around Christmas, but my weight kept creeping. I started JUDD a few days ago and even tho I have gained I am convinced it will work because usually after a Sat carb up I am up at least 3 lbs this time not even two!
Big issue with me is that we seem to have social gatherings almost every weekend. I looked back to Jan and Feb and we had a party every Saturday except 2. I am thinking Judd will help and I will have to juggle things so my calories are also up on Sat. Also, I feel drained quite a bit with lo-carb when working out so I think this will also help.

I am going to try to shoot for 500 calories today!

I think I have rambled on enough - nice to meet you all and love reading how supportive you all are!

03/09/12 121.2 DD 650
03/10/12 121.8 UD 1800 (estimate went out to lunch with family)
03/11/01 123 DD

-Cindy
Hi, from another Cindy. Although the absolutely best way to JUDDD is with the daily rotations, a lot of people manage to work in an MD (medium day) so that they can enjoy weekends. It depends on how important the speed of your weight loss is to you.

Dig around on these threads and you will find lots of interesting posts from folks who have tried, with varying success to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLight View Post
Hello friends!! I am doing great on my first DD of eating - went to Curves this morning, and that will be my weekly weigh-in day, I get there early before going to church; the other times I go to Curves, it is in the evening, and I am more comfortable with a good weekly morning weigh-in - I was 255, and this morning, it showed 253, so that is going to be my starting weight for my JUDDD journey. TTYL!!
Looking forward to the weekly weight loss, as much as you are!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 03-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #1010
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Today is my 1st day of JUDDD and I'm also continuing with LC. I've been doing low-carb for two weeks and I've lost 11 lbs. Today is a DD for me as I didn't have to work today, that way tomorrow can be an up day, since I have to work. My DD goal was to eat 554 calories per the JUDDD website, but I ate 617 calories.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #1011

That is fine Melissa, as time goes by you will find DDs easier.

Good to have you with us JUDDDing.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #1012
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: northandcold23
Stats: 134/117/112
Thanks Cindy! I know I will lose slower, but every event seems to be on Saturday! Maybe Fridays for a bit I will have do a MD. I have something the next two Saturdays so I will have to figure it all out.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #1013
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 193.8/187.4/135 ~5'9"~
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 11/17/2014
everyone! My name is Stephanie, I'm 5'10" and since June 8, 2011, I've permanently gotten rid of an amazing 73.4 pounds. I've done Weight Watchers, South Beach Diet and Atkins. They all worked because I worked them. Last year, I let myself get up to 225.6 and was done. I wanted a liveable plan I can follow for maintenance and it looks like I've found it.

Having been thin my entire life, I gained 75 pounds during my pregnancy (our son will be 13 in July) and I had to tell myself that I need to get rid of the weight for ME and my health. I was always thin growing up because I walked everywhere, didn't eat a lot, but also didn't try to stay thin either - I just was. This would be great for my husband who is approx. 50 pounds overweight. I tell him I him no matter what, but I want him around for a long time. Our son is a little overweight, so we have him on our treadmill a few days a week (he's not a very active kid). I'm going to end my round first when I hit goal (about 17 pounds away) and then I'll start. In the meantime, I'll begin posting here too. Thanks for having me!

Glad to be here!

Last edited by Violet_Dream; 03-11-2012 at 06:09 PM..
Old 03-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #1014
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
JUDDD newbie

Hi everyone, I am new to JUDDD & message boards so please forgive any mistakes with posting! It is good to try new things so I am trying two this week. I am looking forward to seeing how this works for me. Monday will be my first DD and I will be so happy if this becomes a successful plan for me. I have been stuck at the 162 pound weight for a while now and would love to get below it!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #1015
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Babs!!!

Stephanie!!!!

There are some great threads on this forum. Do skip around and read on several. One of the newer ones has a title of: Newbies How are you doing? or something like that. Just scroll down and pop in wherever you like.

Lots of your questions will be answered as you read. This is a very friendly and welcoming group of people.

Feel free to start a new thread any time you have questions or comments or good ideas or just want to chat!

Babs: Have a great DD today and keep us posted on how it goes!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 03-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #1016
Blabbermouth!!!

to all the new JUDDD buds!

Feel free to venture on out into the JUDDD forum and start new posts and add to posts there if you like. Read a lot, ask any questions... enjoy!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #1017
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
to all the newbies!

Seems like the good news of JUDDD is spreading more and more each day!

Looking forward to seeing you shed those unwanted lbs.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #1018

to the wonderful world of JUDDD.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #1019
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AbbieTheOptimist
Stats: My goal is 140-145 pounds
WOE: JUDDD-started 3/12/12
Start Date: 1/15/2012
Although I've already posted on the main JUDDD board, I'm a newbie, (or as my video-game-playing husband calls it "a noob") too - so

I feel like this past year has been my most difficult weight-wise - I quit smoking last May, apparently replacing cigarettes with full fat mozzarella cheese sticks and gained about 15 pounds to my already slightly overweight frame.

I took a stab at the Hcg protocol last summer- I was super, super strict with it and never cheated, or went rogue...and I lost 25 pounds! Yea!
Until we went on our vacation a month later - Hudson Valley, NY - which I had selected specifically because it's a foodie destination...and then there were family parties and celebrations and house guests and the holidays and...

I weighed myself after New Year's and I had gained it all back I was/am so ashamed of myself.

I decided to get serious with the low carbing again (I'd followed Atkins for a long time - pre-Hcg and post Hcg, but obviously I had been p-r-e-t-t-y lax about it), so I starting writing down all my food, keeping carbs at no more than 20/day, weighing myself every day (this keeps my accountable) and really cutting back on the alcohol. One month, no cheats (well, one cheat, but nothing not low carb) and I lost three pounds.

Now I know some people stall for a year and keep at it, but I had a feeling deep, deep down that the reason I wasn't losing was because my calories were WAY too high. And I dug my heels in - what's the fun of eating low carb if you have to count calories, too

But then I read Beeb's thread on the main LCF board and swung over here to read a bit more about the awesome WOE that I'd never even heard of...and since I was thinking I'd have to start counting calories, anyway - why not give this a whirl and see if I love it/it breaks me out of my losing slump

So here I be - hopin' and prayin' that this might be IT for me! That maybe, just maybe, I've found that elusive way to lose/then maintain my weight while being healthy, satisfied and able to occassionally treat myself without totally throwing it all off the rails.

Sorry this is so long - apparently I had A LOT to get off my chest (not to mention my hips, thighs, tummy, etc.) ~~Abbie
Old 03-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #1020
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Thank you for the welcome!! It is nice to have support. I got through my first DD day without going over 500 cals. First challenge complete!
Closed Thread