Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #961
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayciemar View Post
subscribing
Graycie!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #962
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Azubah
Stats: 185/??/135
WOE: Trying JUDDD
Start Date: 2/26/12
Another newbie dips her toe in the pool

Hello! I just started JUDDD eight days ago. I've been on a diet more or less continuously since 1969. For the last several years I've tried to make low-carb work, on and off, but I just don't lose very much or very quickly. I like the benefits of low-carb; I really like the appetite suppression, but when I wind up not losing any weight I get frustrated and start eating doughnuts.

I'm really curious to see if this system will work for me. It has great potential. I'm used to being hungry. I'm hungry even on 1500 calories a day, so why not be hungry on 500 calories and actually lose some weight? The hunger level isn't all that different.

My husband and I recently started attending a new church, and it's very social. Lots of get-togethers, and the get-togethers always feature food -- usually really carby food. I just hate sitting there with my glass of water while everyone else oohs and aahs about how great the cake is and how so-and-so made her special cookies again! and so on. If i can time my up days correctly, I ought to be able to eat with them and not sit and sulk.

I'm trying to be very careful about weighing myself. Weighing myself is a huge psychological danger zone for me. If my weight's down, I eat too much to reward myself. If my weight's up, I eat too much to punish myself. Brilliant, I know. So I might not weigh myself for a few weeks to really give this WOE a chance to "take".

You folks all seem so warm and supportive! I'll try to get my nerve up to post in other threads. Right now I'm working on down day foods, since the Bariatric Advantage shakes I've been using are okay, but not very filling.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #963
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azubah View Post
Hello! I just started JUDDD eight days ago. I've been on a diet more or less continuously since 1969. For the last several years I've tried to make low-carb work, on and off, but I just don't lose very much or very quickly. I like the benefits of low-carb; I really like the appetite suppression, but when I wind up not losing any weight I get frustrated and start eating doughnuts.

I'm really curious to see if this system will work for me. It has great potential. I'm used to being hungry. I'm hungry even on 1500 calories a day, so why not be hungry on 500 calories and actually lose some weight? The hunger level isn't all that different.

My husband and I recently started attending a new church, and it's very social. Lots of get-togethers, and the get-togethers always feature food -- usually really carby food. I just hate sitting there with my glass of water while everyone else oohs and aahs about how great the cake is and how so-and-so made her special cookies again! and so on. If i can time my up days correctly, I ought to be able to eat with them and not sit and sulk.

I'm trying to be very careful about weighing myself. Weighing myself is a huge psychological danger zone for me. If my weight's down, I eat too much to reward myself. If my weight's up, I eat too much to punish myself. Brilliant, I know. So I might not weigh myself for a few weeks to really give this WOE a chance to "take".

You folks all seem so warm and supportive! I'll try to get my nerve up to post in other threads. Right now I'm working on down day foods, since the Bariatric Advantage shakes I've been using are okay, but not very filling.
Azubah! This is definitely a great place to be and a great WOE. It seems to work very well as long as you respect your UD and DD numbers. It's been a real treat for me, so I hope you find as much success! Good luck.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #964
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:

Azubah,

So happy you decided to join us here.

You may have the right idea about not weighing yourself for awhile as each of us knows our own weaknesses and strengths, and you seem acutely aware of yours. Maybe just once as you begin so you have an idea.

Posting here was your most important step! Just keep reading and reading and then reading some more. Before you know it, you'll have it down pat and realize how very simple it all is.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #965
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

to JUDDD, Azubah! Read all you can, ask questions, and let us know if you need any help at all! Please feel free to post in other threads or start new ones if you want. We'd love to hear more from you!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #966
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Hi all,
Just want to say a quick "hello". I started JUDDD today (if starting on an up day can be considered starting!!). I have managed to go over my up day calories (my portion control is terrible), plus had a few lowish carb treats! I have been low carbing off and on for years but although I feel great when I follow, I don't lose without restricting calories! I am hoping this WOE will work for me! I am planning to use loose low carb along with JUDDD.
I am 47 and 2 boys, 11 & 8 - we live in Ireland.

Thanks
Dee
Old 03-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #967
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tilly
Stats: 158/136/130
WOE: started with Atkins, now just low carbs
Start Date: January 30,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by brehede View Post
Hi all,
Just want to say a quick "hello". I started JUDDD today (if starting on an up day can be considered starting!!). I have managed to go over my up day calories (my portion control is terrible), plus had a few lowish carb treats! I have been low carbing off and on for years but although I feel great when I follow, I don't lose without restricting calories! I am hoping this WOE will work for me! I am planning to use loose low carb along with JUDDD.
I am 47 and 2 boys, 11 & 8 - we live in Ireland.

Thanks
Dee
I hope this works for you as well. I too have portion control issues but this woe helps me. After a DD, I don't feel the need to stuff as much in. Also, it makes me more aware of my calorie intake while still doing LC. DD's are not so bad when I know I can eat more the next day. I saw another diet with actual fasting. Not for me. Love my food!!!! And !!!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #968
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: hhCG, rx hCG
Start Date: rx hCG R7 start 02/16/14
Ok, so today, I am attempting my first DD. I think I am going to end up with around 600 calories or so. I am basically using my menu plan from my hhcg rounds and having the following:

2T FF half & half
1 hard boiled egg
Salad with 100g chicken breast and WF dressing, 150g apple
115g 96% lean beef & cabbage, 200g strawberries

And a whole lot of water, green tea, and coffee!

There will probably be 20-30 calories of lemon juice, broth, and what I like to call phantom calories (those that are in "0 calorie" foods) but I am definitely coming in low low cal.

Is there a weekly thread or someplace where people post menus, etc.? Not sure if this is the best place to do it.

Hope everyone has a great day!
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round 7 - 02/16/14, 33 days, rx hCG, 150iU, ~175->???
Old 03-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #969
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
Ok, so today, I am attempting my first DD. I think I am going to end up with around 600 calories or so. I am basically using my menu plan from my hhcg rounds and having the following:

2T FF half & half
1 hard boiled egg
Salad with 100g chicken breast and WF dressing, 150g apple
115g 96% lean beef & cabbage, 200g strawberries

And a whole lot of water, green tea, and coffee!

There will probably be 20-30 calories of lemon juice, broth, and what I like to call phantom calories (those that are in "0 calorie" foods) but I am definitely coming in low low cal.

Is there a weekly thread or someplace where people post menus, etc.? Not sure if this is the best place to do it.

Hope everyone has a great day!
There is a down day thread. When I started I just went through the entire list. Wonderful ideas in there! and let us know how you are doing.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #970
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chelsearose
Stats: 159/154/Whatever gets me in a 6-8
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 5, 2012
Hello, All. I started JUDDD yesterday with a very satisfying DD and a nice 1-lb loss. Today has been a good UD, but I'm looking forward to my DD tomorrow. I've been lurking and reading and reading for a couple weeks and feel this might be the perfect path for me.
I was interested to see my numbers from my time on LCF in 2004 when I was following Stillman and Atkins: 172/162/136--That approach worked moderately well for some time--I never made it into the 130s but managed to stay in the very low 150s for most of the time--with a few short spells in the mid-140s.
Atkins was followed by Protein Power, VLC and most recently with Wheat Belly --and, then, a few months ago my weight shot up to157-159. No way was I going to go into the 160s again, but the low-carb plans stopped working for me. No, that's not fair. I stopped working the plans. I went to a pie crust workshop and began making tarts every weekend; I sampled a fabulous olive oil cake at a restaurant and devoted myself to duplicating it; my husband brought home some fantastic bread and I ate it. A lot of it. And, most of all, I realized I just don't want to count/avoid/fear carbs any longer. I don't want to go crazy--but I want to eat them from time to time.
So, here I am--and delighted to be here. This is the kindest, most upbeat weight loss forum I've EVER encountered.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #971
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mariacj
Stats: 210/173/143
WOE: JUDDD and Low Carb
Start Date: LC - Nov 2011, Judd - March 2012, LC + Judd Aug12
Lots of new comers to Judd this week, including me!

I had been doing low carb since nov 2011 and lost 20 pounds in two months, but the last two months... Nothing. I figured since I had not gained and had not lost I must be doing something wrong. I tracked my foods for a few days on calorie count... At 40 g of net carbs a day... I was taking in 2200 calories! I tried my first down day yesterday... Very easy...

B. coconut milk flax meal vanilla extract strawberries and Gluconaman = faux cream of wheat
L ls chicken broth soup with miracle noodles, baby carrots cauliflower mushrooms and one tuna packet
S sugar free jello
D rest of lunch
S 2 hard boiled eggs

Lots of tea and some stevia.

I figure my body needs low processed sugar and flour and calorie cycling from juddd. I have my calorie journal to keep my honest. Thank goodness for dd threads to keep me motivated and excited.

Good luck to all of us on our journeys to get healthy!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #972
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariacj View Post
Lots of new comers to Judd this week, including me!

I had been doing low carb since nov 2011 and lost 20 pounds in two months, but the last two months... Nothing. I figured since I had not gained and had not lost I must be doing something wrong. I tracked my foods for a few days on calorie count... At 40 g of net carbs a day... I was taking in 2200 calories! I tried my first down day yesterday... Very easy...

B. coconut milk flax meal vanilla extract strawberries and Gluconaman = faux cream of wheat
L ls chicken broth soup with miracle noodles, baby carrots cauliflower mushrooms and one tuna packet
S sugar free jello
D rest of lunch
S 2 hard boiled eggs

Lots of tea and some stevia.

I figure my body needs low processed sugar and flour and calorie cycling from juddd. I have my calorie journal to keep my honest. Thank goodness for dd threads to keep me motivated and excited.

Good luck to all of us on our journeys to get healthy!
Yes, indeed, good luck to all of us! I have found that as well, to drink LOTS of tea on those days. Fills my tummy up without a whole lot of calories (add a bit of 'So Delicious' coconut creamer to my large mug of tea. YUM
Old 03-07-2012, 04:02 AM   #973
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Hi,

I am in my 4th week of JUDD and was doing Atkins before but was stalled for several months, and was also having trouble staying on the plan.

So far I have experienced:

JUDD advantages:
it broke the stall
it is a lot cheaper
easier socially and when travelling
variety of food

JUDD disadvantages:
'brain fog' on DD's
less energy (for me)
tendency to overeat on UD's (significantly beyond calorie limit)
Old 03-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #974
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mariacj
Stats: 210/173/143
WOE: JUDDD and Low Carb
Start Date: LC - Nov 2011, Judd - March 2012, LC + Judd Aug12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
Hi,

I am in my 4th week of JUDD and was doing Atkins before but was stalled for several months, and was also having trouble staying on the plan.

So far I have experienced:

JUDD advantages:
it broke the stall
it is a lot cheaper
easier socially and when travelling
variety of food

JUDD disadvantages:
'brain fog' on DD's
less energy (for me)
tendency to overeat on UD's (significantly beyond calorie limit)

I broke my stall, too!!!!!!!!!

A tip on DD Energy... make sure you drink lots and lots of water and take a multi vitamin for your gender. That will help.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #975
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, after day 1 of a "down day," I am down 1.5 from yesterday which is 0.2 lower than Monday. Yesterday wasn't too hard. A little hungry but easier than I really thought it would be. No low blood sugar swings either for which I (and certainly my co-workers) are extremely thankful. I ate pretty much what I would on a normal P2 day on hhcg with slightly higher calories--hard boiled egg in the morning, salad with chicken breast and WF dressing and an apple for lunch, beef and cabbage and strawberries for dinner. I probably ended up closer to 700 calories than 500 but, hey, baby steps! Let me tell you, though--I was READY for that big pile of beef and cabbage last night!

Today is an "up day" and I'm gonna do it "up" right! Eggs and bacon, coffee with HWC, big salad with avocado and dressing, FF GY and blueberries, maybe fish and roasted green beans for dinner. Maybe a mug cake or some strawberries later. I seem to massively gain every time I eat mug cake so I might hold off on that and just have berries and cream.

Tomorrow is another DD and I'm going to be curious at exactly how THIS works. Thursday night is yoga which generally kicks my butt--especially on not much food. I am probably going to take an evening meal with me to work and eat before class. Maybe save a few calories for after. But since it takes up the time in my evening, it should keep me away from the fridge, at least!

What I would really like to see is the scale inching downwards. I know I'll be up tomorrow but Friday morning after tomorrow's DD, if I am a couple of tenths lower, that's what I am really shooting for. Stay tuned!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #976

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Loving these posts, welcome everyone new.

Busy, busy at e moment, but wishing everyone happy JUDDDing.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #977
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Not sure if this is the right place for this post but just wanted to say I have survived my first DD! It was not too bad, slight headache - drank loads of water! I had an Atkins Bar & 2 shakes, and coffee with sugar free syrup. I had to do some cooking for the family this evening though which made me hungry! Can I resist weighing tomorrow.....

Thanks
Dee
Old 03-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #978

Congratulations on making it through your first DD Dee! Woohoo! It only gets easier from here.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #979
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
newbies. Wishing you lots of success on juddd.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:12 AM   #980
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariacj View Post
I broke my stall, too!!!!!!!!!

A tip on DD Energy... make sure you drink lots and lots of water and take a multi vitamin for your gender. That will help.
Thanks, I'll try that
Old 03-08-2012, 03:41 AM   #981
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: catlenson
Stats: 150/143/115
Start Date: March 8, 2012
hi everyone~ newbie here! trying JUDDD out to lose around 30 pounds. hopefully i'll get a lot of tips / advice from this forum
Old 03-08-2012, 03:48 AM   #982

catlenson.

You will find so much help here, trawl through the different threads and join in often.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #983
Blabbermouth!!!

So, yesterday was my first "up day". I probably had close to 2100 calories and frankly really didn't feel like eating dinner (uber stressed by big-time emotional trauma with the bf) but I did anyway. I am trying to really get this to work.

SO after an UD you are supposed to gain weight, from food volume if nothing else, right? This morning, DOWN 1.1. Very very weird.

Today is another down day or DD, P2 style. Hard boiled egg for breakfast, chicken salad with fat free dressing and an apple for lunch, beef patty, green beans (small helping) and strawberries for dinner. Yoga tonight which usually kicks my butt so we'll see how that goes on DD calories. I'm planning on eating my dinner meal before class so I'm hoping that will help. Maybe I'll see another low tomorrow before UD #2. Yoga often makes me retain water from soreness though so I'm not counting on it. And, I AM seeing the stress source tonight, as well.

All in all, I am back in my REAL hcg "window", although right at the top of it, but that has been a HUGE struggle this last round. Pretty pleased so far.

I probably asked this before--is there a weekly/monthly/whatever thread for new JUDDD'rs to post this kind of stuff? I don't want to keep boring everyone who is "introducing" themselves...
Old 03-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #984

There's a thread called something like "Weight Management, How are you doing today?" I think. We often post general updates in there. Or you could start a new thread and treat it as a sort of journal, or title it something appropriate to what you're looking for and we will all chime in!
Old 03-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #985
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
Hi. I started JUDD today with a down day. I'm not sure I can do this but I'm going to try for 2 weeks. I did low carb in 2010 and lost around 30lbs but fell off the wagon and gained about 25lbs back. I started back with LC in Jan. Jan went well but Feb and so far March I've only lost 2 lbs. I really want to loose 10-15 more.

I doubt I'll stay under 500 cal today. I'm already up to 421 and haven't had supper.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:43 AM   #986

Sammyann. iI is tough to start with a DD...

If you had asked here we would all recommend starting with a wonderful, happy, indulgent UD which leaves your body, on your first DD, full of great nutrients and you brain full of the knowledge that the following day will be another lovely UD.

Sorry you are finding it tough. Please don't worry about going over your 500 today. Many, many of the most successful JUDDDers here started at 700 or more and as time went on and they found the hunger control kicking in slowly reduced their DD calories to their chosen number.

It is easy to think that as you have been Low Carbing you will already not feel hunger, but after the often high calorie foods we can eat on LC the body (and almost as important) and the brain, say "HEEEEELLLLLPPPP".

Give it time and dig round all the great threads here.

Remember, if today didn't work out for you doesn't mean the battle is lost, it is only one day!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:00 AM   #987
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I ended up at 689 cal for yesterday so not too bad. I weighed this morning and I'm down 1.5 lbs Talk about motivation. I wonder how much I'll bounce up if I eat carby stuff today. I was planning on it but now I'm not so sure if I want to go there. I guess I'll just see where the day takes me.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:19 AM   #988
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brehede View Post
Not sure if this is the right place for this post but just wanted to say I have survived my first DD! It was not too bad, slight headache - drank loads of water! I had an Atkins Bar & 2 shakes, and coffee with sugar free syrup. I had to do some cooking for the family this evening though which made me hungry! Can I resist weighing tomorrow.....

Thanks
Dee
to JUDDD, Dee & WTG on that first DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
Thanks, I'll try that
to JUDDD, Avicenna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlenson View Post
hi everyone~ newbie here! trying JUDDD out to lose around 30 pounds. hopefully i'll get a lot of tips / advice from this forum
to JUDDD, Catlenson! Feel free to jump into the forum and post - lots of helpful people waiting to help ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammyann View Post
Hi. I started JUDD today with a down day. I'm not sure I can do this but I'm going to try for 2 weeks. I did low carb in 2010 and lost around 30lbs but fell off the wagon and gained about 25lbs back. I started back with LC in Jan. Jan went well but Feb and so far March I've only lost 2 lbs. I really want to loose 10-15 more.

I doubt I'll stay under 500 cal today. I'm already up to 421 and haven't had supper.
to JUDDD, Sammyann! Sounds like you had a successful first DD and congrats on the poundage lost! Bounces happen on this woe, but keep going - you'll get where you wanna be!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:20 AM   #989

Believe me you will bounce, up, down, up, down.

Have a look at 'The Scale She Bounces" thread, Pami has a wonderful graph on there that shows how scary it can be. But the trend is what matters and the trend is DOWN.

I am so glad the day turned out just fine and that you saw an initial loss.

Enjoy the Up day and, if you do eat carbs, , remember the gain will be water, not fat.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:24 AM   #990
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HellInYourEyes
Stats: 165.6/165.6/100
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: 10/28/2013
Hi! I have no idea how I missed this thread! Anywhoodle, I'm Melissa. I started on an UD yesterday and today is my first DD. So far, I'm doing pretty good.

I'm 31, 5'0 and currently resting comfortably (grr) at 146lbs (after UD) my goal is to get down to a comfy, for me, 115lbs. I'm built small, but carry extra weight incredibly easy if I let it get out of hand.

I am trying JUDDD, because after a month on low carb, I have pretty much stayed the same. I like the idea of not limiting myself all the time, and hope this helps! It totally sounds like something I can do forever!
Closed Thread