Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 03:20 AM   #931
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tilly
Stats: 158/136/130
WOE: started with Atkins, now just low carbs
Start Date: January 30,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
I have just registered on this site. I found the judd forum and want to try it! I am disgusted about my weight right now. I was on medifast and lost some but really can't afford to get more. Right now I am beside myself. I am a compulsive eater and am out of control. I am going to look up judd to start tomorrow but I just had to connect to someone now.

Can someone tell me what book I should get. I do have a hard time navigating things like these sites and computers in general. I did not do a profile. I am on my phone and it's late but being so distraught I just had to at least do this much. You all seem so kind. I really hope this works because I just cannot afford to gain anymore. Low Carb diets never work for me so to keep my sanity I pray this will be my ticket out of obesity.

I have been in Overeaters Anonymous and lost alot of weight twice but can't seem to get myself back to doing that once again.

I would really appreciate any help that you can give. Thank you
!!!! Been there, done that! This is really doable. I was cranky and chewing my foot the first day, but after that it is okay. Just remember when you are on a down day (DD), you will be increasing your calories the next day. Not like you are starving for a whole week or it is permanent, only every other day. The more a food is taken away from me, the more I want it. I was going to buy the book and you can find it quite cheap on other web sites, but really all I did was read through the JUDDD threads. I also went through the whole thread of the DD recipes. I copied and saved all that looked appealing to me. I really think the trick to this way of eating (WOE) is to get a good calorie counter. Whether you buy a book, look it up online, or purchase some software. There is a thread here for that as well! And if you have questions about anything, someone here most likely has an answer/suggestion. Yes, everyone on this whole forum is very kind AND very supportive.

And I too am a compulsive eater, I have found that the DD is just what I need to break that habit of eating whatever is in site. Eat a bowl of any of the cole slaw recipes and your tummy stays full for hours. And like last night, if you don't want to look at food or even think about it, go do something (I went to bed and got some extra sleep, love it!). Clean your teeth, read a book far away from the kitchen and snacks, purge your shelves of junk foods (if it is not in the house, then I can't have it!), give it away, toss it. Days are starting to get longer and warmer, take a walk. Have a pet? Take them out, grab a friend/significant other, walk. Not sure where you live. Find an inexpensive gym and start there. I work out like a fiend and that helps me not only physically but mentally as well.

Guess I am ranting too much, but just start and then ask questions as you go along. Don't put it off, oh and start taking walks, too. God bless, I know you can. Oh and something else that helps me, ONE DAY AT A TIME! ONE HOUR AT A TIME, ONE MINUTE AT A TIME. Don't think about I can't do this another day. Maybe not maybe so, but just focus on the here and now. And something else I got from this forum, if you mess up one day, you always have tomorrow!

Last edited by Tilly; 02-26-2012 at 03:22 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2012, 05:15 AM   #932
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Drummer
Tilly, Thank you soooo much! Everything you said was so helpful. I am starting today on a dd because I ate so much yesterday but would rather end on an up day saturday but thats okay. Did some more looking around and think I'm supposed to stick to shakes for two weeks. I am so leery. I am terrified of gaining because it sounds too good to be true. Have to go but I will check back and do a profile. Carol
Old 02-26-2012, 05:19 AM   #933
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
Tilly, Thank you soooo much! Everything you said was so helpful. I am starting today on a dd because I ate so much yesterday but would rather end on an up day saturday but thats okay. Did some more looking around and think I'm supposed to stick to shakes for two weeks. I am so leery. I am terrified of gaining because it sounds too good to be true. Have to go but I will check back and do a profile. Carol
Not so sure about eating just shakes for two weeks. Please look over all these threads. You might want to chew your arm or foot or other body part off, but like I said, go do something, as someone on here somewhere recommended to me. It really helps. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #934
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10

Gotitnow and Drummer

Two such different newbies, but equally welcome.

Gotitnow, you will be a wonderful inspiration, indeed you have already inspired CDwrites. So sorry you are still struggling CD.

Drummer as you have already seen, you will get so much support here. Everything that Tilly is say is so true. That was a wonderful post Tilly, well done.

If you ask me, don't do the shakes unless you want to or need to for simplicity. Most, though not all, of us here chose real foods and, if you have a lot to lose, don't feel that you have to start at 500 cals. Many started at 700 or so and moved down to 500 or their recommended number slowly.

Keep reading, keep trying and keep asking. With JUDDD tomorrow really is another day!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #935
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
With JUDDD tomorrow really is another day!
Cindy, I love this...must remember because it is so true!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #936

Thanks Shirl, you know, I think I might add that to my Siggie!.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #937
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Thanks Shirl, you know, I think I might add that to my Siggie!.
I definitely think you should!!!

I have a word document where I save quotes that I think are special and I just added yours!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #938
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
I definitely think you should!!!

I have a word document where I save quotes that I think are special and I just added yours!
Good quotes Shirl

I especially like the second one........

"You can preach a better sermon with your life than with your lips."
Oliver Goldsmith
Old 02-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #939
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Gracie!
Old 02-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #940
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cdwrites
Great post Tilly, very inspirational. I feel better now. And I love Cindy's quote: With JUDDD tomorrow really is another day!

Ok, I'll keep trying then. Thanks everyone.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #941
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwrites View Post
Great post Tilly, very inspirational. I feel better now. And I love Cindy's quote: With JUDDD tomorrow really is another day!

Ok, I'll keep trying then. Thanks everyone.
You are so welcome. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #942
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Lora, SummerAnne, Mamadawg, Roxie, Gardenmaker, 3Kids, Giggles, and aarosali!

Welcome to JUDDD!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:54 AM   #943
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for the welcome everyone! I looked up my numbers and dd was 387 up 1877. Does this sound correct? Seems everyone says 500 for dd and lower the amount they give for up. What is mudd? I an doing my dd today. And will have more time today to look over the boards. Hugs to all
Old 02-27-2012, 05:16 AM   #944
Blabbermouth!!!

Leslie, Gotitnow, and Drummer!

We're happy to have more JUDDD buds!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #945

Drummer if you can do 387 straight off without going into a spin, lol, then fine. But don't feel bad if you start at a higher number and work back down to that.

We don't want to lose you at the first hurdle, so to speak. Slow and steady wins the race.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #946

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
all newbies!!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #947
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Leslie--welcome. We eat very similarly I think. I have the same problem with my tummy, and also with my waist. I want a nice indentation. After 4 dc, I don't expect a completely flat tummy, but I would appreciate a reduction in the pooch. And I could probably wear 4's if I could tame that area as well. I'm technically in maintenance, but I sure wouldn't cry if I lost 5 more pounds. LOL

Gotitnow--you've done great with JUDDD. Glad you introduced yourself so we can get to know you too!

Drummer--welcome. Praying this is the answer you seek. Dr. J recommends 500 for the first 2 weeks on DD's, and suggests the shakes as an easy way to make that happen. Most of us used real food though, and find that protein is key to making it through the day. The lower calorie number is for once you are through those first couple weeks, the Sirt-1 gene is turned on, and you are getting the benefit of some good hunger suppression. As was said, if 500 isn't enough to make it through at first, allow yourself 600 or even 700. It will still benefit you, and you can lower it as your body adjusts. Much better to do 700 and stick with it, than to do 387 and quit after 2 days. Just work the numbers downward as you are able.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #948
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gardenmaker
Thanks again for the welcomes. I've completed my first week and have really learned a lot. There have been a few challenges , such as on DDs and 500 cals, I still get the flight or fight response and am not sleeping on DD nights. I did start eating later as some have suggested , and saved some calories for a snack before bed, but to no avail.
Up days, no problem with sleep or the adrenal response. I guess I will need to tweak things a little more and up my DD calories a tad and try the lower amount later on.

Almost forgot -- I did lose 3/4 lb this week. And I packed up all of my "diet"
books, and donated them to the library, because I won't be needing yet another diet. I'm greatly convinced from reading everything I can about Juddd that this is the plan for me.

Thank you all so much

I
Old 02-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #949
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Gardenmaker, I wonder if you are one that would benefit from eating a good protein breakfast? There's a thread around here about the Leptin reset program, and eating a high protein breakfast is one of the keys.

I can NOT wait to eat on dd's. I get shaky and really cranky. I usually just have 1 scrambled egg, but will sometimes add 2 egg whites to it too. That holds me till lunch, when I have the cabbage dish (I do the non-cheese version for fewer cals, since I need to spread them out more), and then have a lean protein and veggies for supper. Broth with an egg white stirred in can help me through the afternoon.

If you need a few more calories at first to find what works best for you, it's ok to take them, and dial them down later.

But we are all different, and while some do fine waiting till dinner to eat, it works better for me to eat first.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #950
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cdwrites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Gardenmaker, I wonder if you are one that would benefit from eating a good protein breakfast? There's a thread around here about the Leptin reset program, and eating a high protein breakfast is one of the keys.

I can NOT wait to eat on dd's. I get shaky and really cranky. I usually just have 1 scrambled egg, but will sometimes add 2 egg whites to it too. That holds me till lunch, when I have the cabbage dish (I do the non-cheese version for fewer cals, since I need to spread them out more), and then have a lean protein and veggies for supper. Broth with an egg white stirred in can help me through the afternoon.

If you need a few more calories at first to find what works best for you, it's ok to take them, and dial them down later.

But we are all different, and while some do fine waiting till dinner to eat, it works better for me to eat first.
I am doing JUDDD Leptin reset style. I eat as much protein as I can for breakfast. You are supposed to have at least 40g of protein, but I am having problems getting that high so I just get as high as I can in protein and I have a veggie, too. Then, another protein and veggie for dinner. It's not working yet for me, but I was doing the Leptin before and didn't want to stop doing it.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #951

So glad things are working out for you CD, even if you still have few issues with sleeping.

Your commitment is amazing. I keep looking at my diet books and thinking "Get rid" but I haven't had the curate to do it yet....
Old 02-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #952
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gardenmaker
Thanksfor the great suggestions., especially the soup with an egg white in it. I'm going to try that tomorrow. I've never heard of the leptin resistance plan. Even though I waited until 10:30-11 to eat I was still doing 3 small meals a day with a very small evening snack. I am going to up my dd calories tomorrow and get in a little more protein. I don't think I can do another night like the last few.

Cindy -- packing up the diet books and getting them out of the house was so freeing.

Dottie
Old 02-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #953
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Leslie--welcome. We eat very similarly I think. I have the same problem with my tummy, and also with my waist. I want a nice indentation. After 4 dc, I don't expect a completely flat tummy, but I would appreciate a reduction in the pooch. And I could probably wear 4's if I could tame that area as well. I'm technically in maintenance, but I sure wouldn't cry if I lost 5 more pounds. LOL

Gotitnow--you've done great with JUDDD. Glad you introduced yourself so we can get to know you too!

Drummer--welcome. Praying this is the answer you seek. Dr. J recommends 500 for the first 2 weeks on DD's, and suggests the shakes as an easy way to make that happen. Most of us used real food though, and find that protein is key to making it through the day. The lower calorie number is for once you are through those first couple weeks, the Sirt-1 gene is turned on, and you are getting the benefit of some good hunger suppression. As was said, if 500 isn't enough to make it through at first, allow yourself 600 or even 700. It will still benefit you, and you can lower it as your body adjusts. Much better to do 700 and stick with it, than to do 387 and quit after 2 days. Just work the numbers downward as you are able.
Thank you for your great support! I did my dd and did 500 and it went very well. I think it was okay because the medifast I was on was about 800.
I'm watching the Voice and feel okay but this is usually the time I want to treat myself. I have my tea so I am considering myself satisfied. If I have a problem I'm coming back here.
I don't know if I should go with the 1800 or just 1500 tomorrow. Any suggestions will help. Thanks and hugs!
Old 03-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #954
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: hhCG, rx hCG
Start Date: rx hCG R7 start 02/16/14
Hi all. Just popping in out of lurkdom to introduce myself. I have been doing hcg very successfully for the last year (70 pounds gone) but am having a little trouble stabilizing after my last round so I am exploring JUDDD. After 21+ days of 500 calories, I think every other day sounds doable, even if I'm not on the hcg. There are several ladies on the hcg forums who have picked up JUDDD post hcg so it got me curious and, well...here I am! If there are any active posters who have transitioned from hcg, could you point me in their direction so I can read some of the threads where they post?

Anyway, this seems like a nice thread so I thought I'd let y'all know that I'll be checking it out periodically and if I decide to try it, I'll be jumping in with both feet. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Shelby (aka Michelle)
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round 7 - 02/16/14, 33 days, rx hCG, 150iU, ~175->???
Old 03-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #955
Blabbermouth!!!

Shelby! We'll be thrilled to have you join us!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:50 AM   #956
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well i started this WOE on 3/1/12,, and i am looking forward to it being the answer to my dreams.. I am a 45 yr olld mother of 2 sons, i love to garden.. look forward to meeting new people with the same struggles with food.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #957
Blabbermouth!!!

to JUDDD, Sterlinggirl! We look forward to getting to know you more along this journey.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #958

, good to have you on board.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #959
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
thanks girls.. i think i am going to bring my sister on soon.. i told her about this plan and she cant belive it.. the whole to good to be true.. i hope to SHOW her soon how great this works..
Old 03-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #960
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: grayciemar
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
subscribing
Closed Thread