Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #901
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tilly
Stats: 158/136/130
WOE: started with Atkins, now just low carbs
Start Date: January 30,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerAnne View Post
I decided to stop 'thinking about it' and just jump in. If I think about it, I'll never do it! I haven't been able to lose with LC since getting pregnant in August & miscarrying in October. I'm tried of my pants not fitting right because my body shape changed from that - I'm holding more weight in my lower abdomen than before.

I'm browsing the DD recipe thread and copying ideas. I'm finding it really hard to shift my thinking away from LC. I'm not finding much so far because I'll never touch those shiratake noodles again, once scarred me for life!

Today is my first DD, since I have a standing lunch date on Saturdays... no clue how I'll handle that next Saturday!
I am so sorry about your loss.

I just started JUDDD this week and going to continue with LCing. But I had to laugh when you said "I'll never touch those shiratake noodles again". I tried them just last week. Not sure what the problem is, but I tossed them and won't go near them, either.
This is my second DD and so far so good. I started on Tuesday and so far down 3 pounds. Now I know that rate won't continue but I feel so much better and not so bloated. Yes the pants fit better. Glad you are here. Others can tell you how to handle the standing lunch date on Saturdays.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2012, 05:46 AM   #902
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mamadawg
Stats: 225/213/150
WOE: Protein Power/Fat Flush/JUDD
Start Date: 2/8/2012
I started a low carb diet on 2/8/2012 and have had phenomenal success so far. I’ve lost 12 lbs in 9 days. I realize this will taper off eventually but no sign as of yet. This morning I’m down another .8 lb.

I happen to stumble upon the JUDDD diet earlier this week and decided to try it because of the health benefits of calorie restriction. I started on Tuesday. I’m keeping my carbs low on UD because I don’t want the carb cravings to come crashing down on me.

First Day – DD
Calories – 592
Fat – 35
Net Carbs – 7
Protein – 52

Second Day – UD
Calories – 1826
Fat – 114
Net Carbs – 30
Protein – 150

Third Day – DD
Calories – 587
Fat – 34
Net Carbs – 8
Protein – 52

I woke up on the fourth day and felt absolutely horrible!!! Is this normal? I'm thinking I may need to up the calories on UD. I was trying to average 1200 calories a day.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #903
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadawg View Post
I started a low carb diet on 2/8/2012 and have had phenomenal success so far. I’ve lost 12 lbs in 9 days. I realize this will taper off eventually but no sign as of yet. This morning I’m down another .8 lb.

I happen to stumble upon the JUDDD diet earlier this week and decided to try it because of the health benefits of calorie restriction. I started on Tuesday. I’m keeping my carbs low on UD because I don’t want the carb cravings to come crashing down on me.

First Day – DD
Calories – 592
Fat – 35
Net Carbs – 7
Protein – 52

Second Day – UD
Calories – 1826
Fat – 114
Net Carbs – 30
Protein – 150

Third Day – DD
Calories – 587
Fat – 34
Net Carbs – 8
Protein – 52

I woke up on the fourth day and felt absolutely horrible!!! Is this normal? I'm thinking I may need to up the calories on UD. I was trying to average 1200 calories a day.
First, congratulations on the success you've already had. That's GREAT!
Next, JUDDD isn't about averaging your calories, so if you want it to work and activate those SiRT1's that give all the wonderful health benefits, you'll need to change your thinking just a little bit. I suggest you go to the JUDDD calculator and enter your stats so it will give you a more accurate idea of what your UD/DD calories should look like. If you aren't comfortable doing that on your own, you could post your age, height, and weight and one of us will be more than happy to do it for you and offer suggestions. You're doing great on DDs, but may very well need to increase calories on UDs or you may have them right already.
I have not felt horrible at any time while JUDDDing, so I suspect it's either not JUDDD related, or it may be related to not using the correct calories.
and good luck! This plan is amazing!

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
Old 02-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #904
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: roxie_belle85
Stats: 218/218/130
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 03/03/2013
Hi everyone. I would like to join you if that's ok! Very excited to start doing JUDDD. My names carli and i have 67lbs to lose! x
Old 02-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #905
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mamadawg
Stats: 225/213/150
WOE: Protein Power/Fat Flush/JUDD
Start Date: 2/8/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
First, congratulations on the success you've already had. That's GREAT!
Next, JUDDD isn't about averaging your calories, so if you want it to work and activate those SiRT1's that give all the wonderful health benefits, you'll need to change your thinking just a little bit. I suggest you go to the JUDDD calculator and enter your stats so it will give you a more accurate idea of what your UD/DD calories should look like. If you aren't comfortable doing that on your own, you could post your age, height, and weight and one of us will be more than happy to do it for you and offer suggestions. You're doing great on DDs, but may very well need to increase calories on UDs or you may have them right already.
I have not felt horrible at any time while JUDDDing, so I suspect it's either not JUDDD related, or it may be related to not using the correct calories.
and good luck! This plan is amazing!
Thanks. I'm amazed that it is working so well. I've gone on LC many times before and never had this amount of success. I'm starting to worry that I'm losing too quickly. I'm afraid my cravings will come back with a vengence if I increase my carbs, though.

Actually, I've have Dr. Johnson's book and did the calcualtions before making my plan. I'm a little over on the DD and on UD I'm under my RMR by 300 or so calories. I'm in ketosis so I can't really go by my appetite on UD. I won't eat enough. 1800 calories is a lot to me right now. I've been staying around 1700 when just on LC.

I'm starting to think I may have a bug because I don't feel so good today either. I'm going to wait until I feel better to do another DD.

I was planning to do DD on the same days each week - Tues, Thurs and Sat. That leaves me with 2 UD in a row on Sun and Mon. Has anyone had success with this plan? I think I read in the book you still get the SIRT1 benefits with this plan.

Thanks for you help!
Old 02-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #906

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
SummerAnne, Carli, Mamadawg. Hope you are feeling better Mamadawg.

In weight loss mode I wouldn't actually recommend two UDs in a row. Although, of course, it might work for you. Everyone is different.

The perfect rotation is the perfect rotation, Up Day, Down Day etc.

Once you are maintaining things are easier and we all find a way to make it work. I did a couple of Medium days over the Xmas holidays and have done 2 since then. But the UD/DD rotation is a wonderful way to live.

It isn't called the Alternate Day Diet for nothing.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 02-18-2012 at 01:34 PM..
Old 02-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #907
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome to the newbies!

Summer, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost a baby in Feb '09 and it was the hardest thing we've ever been through. This month is still rough for me.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #908

No words for those of you who have lost a little life. Just lots of love.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #909
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Just popping in to all the Newbies I may have missed in the last few weeks!

Glad to have you all joining us and hope to be reading about your successes very soon!!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #910
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gardenmaker
Hi,
I just started JUDDD 3 days ago. Today is my second dd. Did my first ud and had great difficulty getting to 1801 calories. I don't have the book but after reading the info on the web I'm a little confused and hope you all can steer me in the right direction.

According to Dr. Johnson it said that the ud calculations were (and I'm only paraphrasing this) only for you not to exceed that amount but coming 100 to 200 under was not a problem.

Next, do all of you take the eReversatol that he manufactures and the suggested supplements?

The next thing that I read was to underestimate your activity level. So if I checked off light exercise 1 to 3 days a week, I should have really checked off little exercise when I was doing the calorie calculation.

Thanks for your help and direction.

Dottie
Old 02-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #911

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenmaker View Post
Hi,
I just started JUDDD 3 days ago. Today is my second dd. Did my first ud and had great difficulty getting to 1801 calories. I don't have the book but after reading the info on the web I'm a little confused and hope you all can steer me in the right direction.

According to Dr. Johnson it said that the ud calculations were (and I'm only paraphrasing this) only for you not to exceed that amount but coming 100 to 200 under was not a problem.

Next, do all of you take the eReversatol that he manufactures and the suggested supplements?

The next thing that I read was to underestimate your activity level. So if I checked off light exercise 1 to 3 days a week, I should have really checked off little exercise when I was doing the calorie calculation.

Dottie
Dottie!

You want to try to get close to your UD numbers as often as possible. If you're just a little below, it's not that big of a deal, but you want a good, wide swing between UDs and DDs. Most of us want to keep our UD numbers as high as possible too, just to keep the metabolism going as fast and strong as possible.

I don't know of anyone here who takes resveratrol. There have been articles recently debunking some of the research behind the supplement. I'm not sure if it's good, bad, or indifferent.

Most of us have underestimated our activity. I believe the majority of us put little to no exercise, even if we exercise moderately.

HTHs!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #912
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cdwrites
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenmaker View Post
Hi,

Dottie
Hi, Dottie, I am new like you, but doing JUDDD for 3 weeks. I just got some resveratrol last week and too soon to tell if it makes a difference. I know a few people who are taking it with good results so I decided to get it. I have the raw one from Garden of Life and I double the dose, since my friend said that's what she does to get closer to 500mg. Good luck with everything.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #913
Senior LCF Member

Hi,
Thank you both for the info. It was really very helpful. I guess I'll start eating a little earlier tomorrow (lol) to get in all the calories.
Dottie
Old 02-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #914

Gardenmaker, I will be interested to hear how the Res.... goes.

Good to have you JUDDDing, hope you love it as much as I do.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:00 AM   #915
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3kidsandasheltie
Stats: 230(highest)/110/110
WOE: low carb
Hello, just want to introduce myself. My names is Kelley and i have been reading this forum for a couple of weeks, doing mostly low carb. I started at 194 and now i am down to 184 since early february. I have been very interested in JUDDD and am now wanting to give it a go.

Hope to gain knowledge and support here. Please forgive typos, i usually visit here on my nook i dont always catch my typos on it lol.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #916

Hi Kelley, good to have you on board.

Don't be surprised if you gain some water weight at first, if you introduce carbs. It will go quickly and hopefully take some friends away with it.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #917
Senior LCF Member

Hi

I have another question. Yesterday was my second dd. Has anyone ever experienced insomnia on a dd. I've never had insomnia before but last night not only could I not sleep but felt like the fight or flight response was going on. I thought it might have been that I didn't have enough food on the dd day. I started at 500 calories but thought I could lower it on the second dd and only had 400. I got up and had some cottage cheese with a little oil mixed in thinking that might do the trick but it didn't. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dottie
Old 02-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #918

It may be your metabolism revving up. I actually sleep better on JUDDD than I normally do, but I get that "fight or flight" insomnia when I go into ketosis on low carb.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:28 AM   #919
Senior LCF Member

Hi,
Thanks for the explanation. dd today, which I'll tweak a little. Yesterday's ud was easier to get in the calories as I started eating much earlier, and had gotten up to 1000 cals by mid afternoon. Never in my life have I been told to eat (lol). Today is day 5 and I'm loving this woe. It looks to be just the lifestyle change that will work for me in the long term without dropping out.

Found a recipe for a split pea soup with only 85 cals. per cup which I'll post later on the dd recipe site. Planning on having it with dinner tonight.

Thanks again. It sure helps to have the resource of those who have experience.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:50 AM   #920
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: giggles4me
Stats: 160/134/125
WOE: my way! low carb & low cal
Start Date: 2/15/2014
Welcome,

I am new to this WOE as well, it's my 4th DD. I am starting to get the hang of it.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #921
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
New to JUDDD

Hi Everyone, I just learned a bit about JUDDD and found this forum. I've done the hcg diet several times but can't seem to maintain all of my loss. I reset at 20lbs down from my original weight and have eaten just about anything I want without gaining more, but I'd like to get down to my lowest weight and maintain there.

It's my hope that my experience with the low calorie hcg diet will help me with the DD part of JUDDD.

I'm reading as much as I can on this forum in order to start JUDDD on Mar 1 after this current round of hcg. So far I've lost 10 of the 20 lbs I need to get back to my lowest weight.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #922
Senior LCF Member

Do you count the calories in supplements on JUDD?

Just another newbie question. I noticed today that the fish oil capsules that I use have 18 calories and the coQ10 has 3 calories. Do I count them into the 500 or because they're supplements just ignore them, or only take on an UD?

Thanks
Dottie
Old 02-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #923
Senior LCF Member

I'm not doing well at all. Coming up on 4 weeks and no weight lost at all. Do I really need to get below 500 on my DDs? I am at 1500 on UDs and often 600-700 on DDs. I'm 43, pretty active (as in workout 3-4 times per week), 5 ft tall, weighing 122 right now. Just want to get back to 115 (even though I've maintained 112 in the past for years). My clothes don't fit. Just tried on some pants that were baggy several months ago and now they are tight. I can't buy new clothes. I am not sure what to do, but I am super frustrated . Is there somewhere else I should post for help? I may have undiagnosed thyroid issue, some have suggested that.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #924
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
Out of the Closet!

I normally don't do an intro, because I rarely post so when I do, folks are like "who's that?" However, I have been absorbing all of the info in the JUDDD threads for at least a year, getting ready to make my move. The continued warmth, encouragement and experienced advice you all provide each other finally convinced me to speak up!

53 yo, 5'3", 129 pounds (165 January 2011), short waist long legs, menopausal

It has been about a year since I started low carbing. There are sure a lot of opinions and resources about how to eat this way and I have tried a few different things.

For the first several months last year, I really didn't pay attention to calories, but as the weight dropped, it seemed apparent that I did need to look at them. About halfway through the year, I started supplementing with 6000 mg D3, vit K and most recently, an herbal adrenal support.

Atkins: Induction and OWL helped me ditch 20 pounds pretty quickly, but when I started to move up the carb ladder, things slowed way down. Minimal processed foods.

VLC and IF: I started toying with IF, delaying eating later and later in the day. I did that for a few weeks and weight loss was good, but I was always very hungry between 5 a.m. and 2 p.m.

Primal - VLC: Got more and more picky about my food and where it came from, the level of processing, what additives. I was staying below 20 carbs a day, gave up legumes, nuts most of the time. No problem at all giving up grains: at Thanksgiving, I had to spit out the first bite of stuffing because the texture was so gross. Increasing carbs, as some advised, caused long stalls. Weight loss was pretty slow, but I finally measured and saw some loss in my bust and hips.

JUDDD - Primal - VLC - CALORIES: In February of this year, I went back to the idea of IF, but a little differently. At around 130, I only have 15 pounds to go, and it seems like it is going to take as long to get rid of that last bit as it did to lose all that came before. And, my waist and tummy measurements! I have gone from over 34" waist to 29-30", but my tummy (the sticking out part about 2" below my belly button)--that has stayed the same size for months and months while everything else has gotten smaller. Makes for a very weird clothing fit on the bottom half!

I started JUDDD 17 days ago. So far, I've gone from 132.8 to 129.6, a little over 3 pounds down! For the first few down days, I couldn't fathom 500 calories, so started with a 750/1530 split. By the third down day, I was able to make the 500 calorie goal, so now it's more like 500/1530.

What I eat now: On down days, I rely a lot of Whey Factors shake mix, 15 g protein per serving for 80 calories. I like the product because it is organic, no GMO, no weird additives and uses stevia as a sweetener. I have about 80 - 160 calories of that over the day and end with a meal of of protein and vegetables to end with 500 cals or a little over. On up days, I am trying to stay with 70-80% fat. I'm working on eating more vegetables, so carbs end up between 15 and 60 g a day, depending on whether I have sweet potato (once or twice a week). I will eat some fruit--berries (not strawberries) and cherries and have had a few apples over the year in things like waldorf salad. I roast a chicken once a week or so, but mostly eat beef and some pork.

Besides weight loss, I feel pretty darn terrific! I have muscle in my arms that I've never seen before. My skin looks wonderful. Most of my inflammatory problems (arthritis, chronic dry eye and mouth) are gone--only aggravated by times I eat a cookie or slice of cake. I have a boatload of energy, even though I have gone from 10 cups of coffee a day to 3. I'm not wearing a size 14 anymore! I can get into 8s, and if the tummy would cooperate, it would probably be more like a 4 or 6 (right now, my jeans and skirts fit the waist and are woefully baggy below.

For the most part, I didn't exercise at all. Over the past 3 months, I've incorporated some of the Primal fitness moves, most notably pushups and squats. I'd like to move my behind back up the inch or more it has been dropping over the past few years! I use the 5 and 2 year old granddaughters for heavy lifting a few times a week. With the change in Oregon weather, I am really looking forward to some warmer temps and not so much rain so I can get back outside to walk, to bike, and do some heavy "yardening."

Over this year, I would like to reach my goal weight of 115, just to do it, then see where I go from there. I have been looking at various exercise programs and plans that I think I would actually enjoy. I am not so worried about cardio, but want to build some muscle to help define my new shape. I hope that all of this results in a decreased tummy measurement.

leslie
Old 02-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #925

Welcome Leslie! Glad you decided to out yourself.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:31 AM   #926

Leslie, great post, always so interesting to see the journey that people take.

I can tell that you are a sticker, you are already reaping the benefits of this wonderful, simple way of eating.

Good to have you with us, do post as often as you can to share all your experience.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #927
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
First time post for me too!

I am sort of shy...cause at my age I don't feel very computer savy! I have been JUDDDing for almost a year with plenty of bumps in the road. I have counted calories in the past, been on Atkins, which I found difficult, and sooooo very glad i found JUDDD!! Have lost about 25lbs. and am only 6lbs. away from goal. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's posts and have found them all quite inspiring. It feels like I know you all!
Old 02-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #928
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
I am sort of shy...cause at my age I don't feel very computer savy! I have been JUDDDing for almost a year with plenty of bumps in the road. I have counted calories in the past, been on Atkins, which I found difficult, and sooooo very glad i found JUDDD!! Have lost about 25lbs. and am only 6lbs. away from goal. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's posts and have found them all quite inspiring. It feels like I know you all!
Wow! sounds like you have done great with JUDDD. Can you explain about the bumps in the road? It's only been 4 weeks for me but it's been one big bump and no weight lost. Any tips for a newbie? I am very discouraged .
Old 02-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #929
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
cdwrites, my bumps in the road were things like family 3-day wkend outings, a couple of family crisis, vaca, a horrid virus, to name the main "bumps." When I stay very strict to plan with the up and down rotation I always have lost wt. although pretty slow. I don't fret about that because of my age and menopause. I just always get right back on track! I hate that you are discouraged. I do what many others have said on DDs--wait as long as possible to eat and I save enough cals to have a snack before bedtime! I also never have trouble eating all my up day calories but am careful not to go over. Best of luck and hang in there!
Old 02-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #930
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Drummer
I have just registered on this site. I found the judd forum and want to try it! I am disgusted about my weight right now. I was on medifast and lost some but really can't afford to get more. Right now I am beside myself. I am a compulsive eater and am out of control. I am going to look up judd to start tomorrow but I just had to connect to someone now.

Can someone tell me what book I should get. I do have a hard time navigating things like these sites and computers in general. I did not do a profile. I am on my phone and it's late but being so distraught I just had to at least do this much. You all seem so kind. I really hope this works because I just cannot afford to gain anymore. Low Carb diets never work for me so to keep my sanity I pray this will be my ticket out of obesity.

I have been in Overeaters Anonymous and lost alot of weight twice but can't seem to get myself back to doing that once again.

I would really appreciate any help that you can give. Thank you
Closed Thread