Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #841
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwrites View Post
I'm almost at the end of the 2-week induction. I thought I was down a couple pounds last week. I decided to weigh today and I haven't lost any weight since starting JUDDD. I haven't had perfect 500 days, they have been over a little and yesterday I was over more, like 630 because I had a super stressful day and I just needed more protein at dinner. I eat very little fat on DDs and I do find myself adding it back in on UDs. Today is an UD and I just made a ground-beef (grass-fed) omelette, cooked in a pan with CO, added grass-fed butter to it. I had veggies, too.

I know I shouldn't throw in the towel, yet, but I just seem to have such a hard time losing and I'm tired of working so hard to get nothing.
Hi CD, sorry you're feeling discouraged. There could be a couple things going on. Sometimes people with thyroid issues lose and gain the same pounds over and over on JUDDD or even other WLplans. Have you been able to lose any weight (even a few pounds) on any plan and either keep it off or lose a little more?

Also, you have added back a little more carbs than you were eating before, right? This could be leading to some water retention, which is normal, and will go away in time. There is a lot of bouncing of the scale on JUDDD. One can be down a few pounds, then up a few, then down again, but if you plot out your weights over time, you should see that the long-term trend is downward.

Some people lose more slowly no matter what plan they are on. Two weeks is the minimum time we tell people to try JUDDD, but if you can do it a couple more weeks, that will be more telling of how you are going to do on this plan. It takes a minimum 2 weeks just for the body to get going with the enzymes and things it needs to make JUDDD work. Yes many people do lose weight right out of the gate on JUDDD, but the real magic usually takes a little more time to get established.

Also, don't worry about having perfect 500 calorie days right now. If you need to allow yourself another hundred or two hundred calories on DD, go ahead. Sometimes just knowing you have extra calories, even if you don't actually use them, is a huge huge help! But if you do need them, go ahead and use them. Make sure you eat the kinds of foods that you find most satisfying too. And as you go along on JUDDD, you will find an overall appetite suppression should kick in that will make DDs easier a lot more of the time. There will always be times they are a big of a struggle - due to hormone cycles, too little calories on UD the day before, etc. but for the most part they should stop being so hard. Adding some more calories to them should definitely help you in this part.

CD, keep letting us know how are you doing. I hope you don't quit yet. Can you try another two weeks? Then you'll have a much better, true picture of how JUDDD will do for you.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #842
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cdwrites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Hi CD, sorry you're feeling discouraged. There could be a couple things going on. Sometimes people with thyroid issues lose and gain the same pounds over and over on JUDDD or even other WLplans. Have you been able to lose any weight (even a few pounds) on any plan and either keep it off or lose a little more?

Also, you have added back a little more carbs than you were eating before, right? This could be leading to some water retention, which is normal, and will go away in time. There is a lot of bouncing of the scale on JUDDD. One can be down a few pounds, then up a few, then down again, but if you plot out your weights over time, you should see that the long-term trend is downward.

Some people lose more slowly no matter what plan they are on. Two weeks is the minimum time we tell people to try JUDDD, but if you can do it a couple more weeks, that will be more telling of how you are going to do on this plan. It takes a minimum 2 weeks just for the body to get going with the enzymes and things it needs to make JUDDD work. Yes many people do lose weight right out of the gate on JUDDD, but the real magic usually takes a little more time to get established.

Also, don't worry about having perfect 500 calorie days right now. If you need to allow yourself another hundred or two hundred calories on DD, go ahead. Sometimes just knowing you have extra calories, even if you don't actually use them, is a huge huge help! But if you do need them, go ahead and use them. Make sure you eat the kinds of foods that you find most satisfying too. And as you go along on JUDDD, you will find an overall appetite suppression should kick in that will make DDs easier a lot more of the time. There will always be times they are a big of a struggle - due to hormone cycles, too little calories on UD the day before, etc. but for the most part they should stop being so hard. Adding some more calories to them should definitely help you in this part.

CD, keep letting us know how are you doing. I hope you don't quit yet. Can you try another two weeks? Then you'll have a much better, true picture of how JUDDD will do for you.
Thanks sophie, I didn't give up yet , but I am worried. I don't know if I have thyroid issues, but people seem to mention it to me a lot since I have such trouble losing weight or I go up and down the same few pounds. Also, someone on one of the threads here suggested I visit the thyroid boards she said, but I don't know where she/he meant. She said she had the same problem as me with gaining a few pounds with each TOM and those pounds were stuck on and wouldn't come off (and she had a thyroid problem). I have only been able to lose weight with hcg, 13 lbs came off in 30 days. Then, I gained weight with TOM each cycle and have gained it all back slowly with each TOM gain.
Thanks for easing my mind about the 500 calories. I def. have not been perfect. And I am having a pretty stressful week, financially and emotionally, not sleeping well. Things are a little better....some things seem to have resolved. I feel better on UD, too, just happier. On DDs, I am not really hungry but slightly upset that I have so little too eat, lol, and to not be rewarded with some weight lost just adds to that. Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #843
Senior LCF Member

I have also added a little more carbs, but so little, and it's been gradual and I started doing it before JUDDD. I barely get to 25g most days and one day I hit an all-time high of 38g of carbs (and that is not net carbs either). I added some yams, sweet potato, and some greek yogurt, had a couple of apple slices one day, handful of raspberries and that's it. The yams and sweet potato amount is only 30g (like 2 tablespoons worth). The Greek Yogurt is full fat so it doesn't have many carbs anyway, like 9 for the whole container. I am stumped. I eat so so clean: eggs, meat, veggies, coconut oil, butter and the above that I added.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #844
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwrites View Post
I have also added a little more carbs, but so little, and it's been gradual and I started doing it before JUDDD. I barely get to 25g most days and one day I hit an all-time high of 38g of carbs (and that is not net carbs either). I added some yams, sweet potato, and some greek yogurt, had a couple of apple slices one day, handful of raspberries and that's it. The yams and sweet potato amount is only 30g (like 2 tablespoons worth). The Greek Yogurt is full fat so it doesn't have many carbs anyway, like 9 for the whole container. I am stumped. I eat so so clean: eggs, meat, veggies, coconut oil, butter and the above that I added.
You are eating very LC, even with your all-time high. Do you have diabetes or an insulin issue where you have to restrict carbs so much? Or are you doing it because of the principles of a very low carb diet for weight loss?

If the weight loss is why, and if you have no medical issue that requires you to restrict, and you are not losing weight, then I would try increasing my carbs (it can still be the "good" kind instead of refined) to the tune of 100 - 150 g. per day.

I have had issues with IR and pcos, and yet by increasing my carbs on JUDDD, I have lost weight. In contrast to LC where it seemed like I was bloated most of the time and losing very slowly, despite eating lower calories than I did on a SAD diet. You could at least try higher carbs (again something in the area of 100 - 150 or so daily) for a couple weeks (unless you have some health issue which won't let you.)

Because some people need higher carbs to lose. I know this goes against what you hear on a lot of LC writings, but I know it was the case for me. I also know the alternate calorie restriction of JUDDD helped me too, but the thing is I was eating low calories on LC too - usually between 1200 - 1400 per day, sometimes as low as 900 (all the while experiencing no hunger due to the proteins/fats) and the weight was creeping off me so slowly. When I did JUDDD and added back carbs, the weight flew off.

I feel like my body was in a type of conservation mode when I was doing the very LC because I wasn't supplying it with one of the 3 things it needed besides fat and protein, and that's adequate carbohydrate.

I know my situation is not yours or anyone else's, but there have been other people's experiences on JUDDD and some writings I've come across online that also talk about more carbs (not necessarily the high carb SAD diet, but just a healthy carb level) helps some people lose weight instead of LC or vLC.

It doesn't mean a person has to indulge in candy, cake, cookies, white bread, etc. but it could mean you get to have some potatoes, a little rice, some good bread, oatmeal, beans, nuts, fruit, etc. as part of protein/fat meals.

Along with the benefits of JUDDD's calorie cycling, this could mean weight loss for those who are LCg it, JUDDDg it, but not losing it. It's at least worth a try if the weight's not coming off otherwise no matter what you've tried, and if there are no blood sugar issues that could cause a problem.

That's just a thought I've had lately and it bears out my experience and some others. I am no doctor and I don't even pretend to be one on TV or anywhere else! (LOL) so bear that in mind.

I'm sorry I don't know anything about thyroid, but I know you are not alone in this problem, and hoping someone can give you some help on that.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 02-10-2012 at 12:05 PM..
Old 02-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #845
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: northernlady
2nd day in -- 4th day reading

Hi all. I hate to veer the conversation away from the current concerns, but there is no place else to put my introduction

I fell into JUDDD by accident while looking for something else. This forum grabbed me and pulled me in -- and I've been reading for four days. I decided, since there wasn't any need to buy special foods, change anything I was otherwise doing, to go ahead and start.

Yesterday was my first DD day -- I did 513 cal, and only got stuck in the evening and grabbed a tablespoon of peanut butter. What a treat! It did the trick and I didn't feel bad about eating peanut butter.

Today is my UP, and it's 4:16 p.m., have already had our dinner and I'm only at 1,300 cal -- my goal is 2,000. Guess I'll have some room, right?

Looking at the breakdown on ******, I'm leaning heavily toward fats 46% (how is that possible???) and 27% protein, 7% alcohol (one glass of red wine) 30% carbs. I think this is more a matter of how ****** adds foods. I had a side dish of mustard greens with black beans. I make this from scratch, but in order to add black beans, the choice was "cooked with fat" or "not cooked with fat." Well, I made the entire dish with olive oil, so I added cooked with fat.

Anyway, yesterday was pretty easy -- but I also didn't exercise as much because I got feeling pretty weak. Today, it's been very busy, and I had to have a second helping of the protein to get my calories up there! What a nice problem to have!

I enjoy reading everyone's posts. This seems like a supportive place with TONS of good information and advice.

I'm 56 years old.
Raising my 4 year old granddaughter.
Married to a great guy.
Have a living daughter who is 25 and my closest female friend - she also just bought a house 1.5 miles from me and I see/talk to her everyday.
I'm at an all time high of 212 lbs, would like to see 170 again.
I also have leukemia and am just starting that long, strange journey.
Have been widowed once, lost my first born when she gave birth to my granddaughter.
Have a wonderful son-in-law who has been adopted not only by us his in-laws, but other close family friends as well! He serves in the NAVY and is scheduled to go to Japan for 3 years beginning in May.
Transplanted east coast gal - into the middle of the country (strange adjustment for me.)

Hello!

Last edited by northernlady; 02-10-2012 at 03:06 PM..
Old 02-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #846
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Hello and !

What a great introduction. So very pleased to "meet" you and I sure hope you find JUDDD to be everything you hope for. I'm sorry for your loss and wish you the best of luck with your leukemia.

This is definitely a great group of losers.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #847
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Hello Northernlady! And welcome.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

****** gets you close, but sometimes it's not just perfect. Maybe try doing the beans without fat, and then add the olive oil separately if you think it's too off.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #848
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: northernlady
Yes! Entering the individual foods definitely looks more realistic. Thanks for the tip.

The one thing I don't like about ****** is that I cook most everything from scratch. I've started making mayo from scratch. Looks like I'll be adding a LOT of specialized foods on to my list. LOL

Thanks for the warm welcome(s). My loss is simply a part of who I am and a sneak peek into my soul.

Last edited by northernlady; 02-10-2012 at 03:48 PM..
Old 02-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #849
Blabbermouth!!!

NL - you are definitely in the right place! Sounds like you are off to a great start with JUDDD. Feel free to post all you like, start new posts, etc. and let us know how you are doing and any questions/concerns you may have. So glad you're on board with us!
Old 02-11-2012, 07:19 AM   #850
Major LCF Poster!

I cook from scratch too, so I have a lot of custom foods in ****** too. Sometimes, for a recipe, I'll jump ahead to the next day (so it's blank), enter all the ingredients for the recipe to get a total, and then divide by the number of servings, and put THAT into a custom food. (using 2 windows open is helpful). ****** does all the math, and I still get the macronutrient information, and not just cals that way.

The good thing is, I use a lot of the same recipes within a 2 week rotation, so once you get stuff in, you don't have to refigure.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #851
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carmiel
Stats: 203/163.4/155
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/12/2012
Dropping in to Introduce Myself

Just dropping in to say hi. I am finishing up a second round of HCG this weekend and have decided to use JUDDD to maintain my weight (and hopefully drop a few more pounds.) I have had quite a food journey over the past few months. I was a vegetarian for 12 years prior to starting HCG in October and I ate what I thought was a healthy diet; tons of veggies and lots of whole grains. I also did cardio and strength training at least three times a week. Still, I just could not seem to drop the weight and I was extremely frustrated. A couple people mentioned HCG to me but I was very skeptical. It took me several months of reading, learning and thinking about it before I was convinced that HCG was worth a try. The HCG protocal works but it is not easy and requires a huge commitment; for me it was well worth it as was able to drop 36 pounds since October.

I took the opportunity over the last few months to learn more about nutrition and found that vegetarianism was just not working for me. I have read several books, among my favories are Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions and Gary Taub's Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It. I am now doing my best to follow a paleo style diet and have found that I feel much better. It wasn't an easy change, I cried the first time I ate beef (for some reason chicken and fish were not quite as traumatic.) I try to buy as much meat as I can from local farmers and make an effort to make sure that the animals were humanely treated.

Anyhow, I have been lurking for awhile so that I could get a feel for the board and to find out more about JUDDD. I have read Dr. Johnson's book and have also read as much as I could about intermittent fasting. To me this seems like a natural transition from the HCG protocol because I have the 500 calorie day down pat!

Carol
Old 02-12-2012, 05:52 AM   #852

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Carmiel!

We have several JUDDDers who follow Paleo, Primal, or otherwise LC. I think you'll love it here and do great! I wish you success.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #853

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmiel View Post
Just dropping in to say hi. I am finishing up a second round of HCG this weekend and have decided to use JUDDD to maintain my weight (and hopefully drop a few more pounds.) I have had quite a food journey over the past few months. I was a vegetarian for 12 years prior to starting HCG in October and I ate what I thought was a healthy diet; tons of veggies and lots of whole grains. I also did cardio and strength training at least three times a week. Still, I just could not seem to drop the weight and I was extremely frustrated. A couple people mentioned HCG to me but I was very skeptical. It took me several months of reading, learning and thinking about it before I was convinced that HCG was worth a try. The HCG protocal works but it is not easy and requires a huge commitment; for me it was well worth it as was able to drop 36 pounds since October.

I took the opportunity over the last few months to learn more about nutrition and found that vegetarianism was just not working for me. I have read several books, among my favories are Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions and Gary Taub's Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It. I am now doing my best to follow a paleo style diet and have found that I feel much better. It wasn't an easy change, I cried the first time I ate beef (for some reason chicken and fish were not quite as traumatic.) I try to buy as much meat as I can from local farmers and make an effort to make sure that the animals were humanely treated.

Anyhow, I have been lurking for awhile so that I could get a feel for the board and to find out more about JUDDD. I have read Dr. Johnson's book and have also read as much as I could about intermittent fasting. To me this seems like a natural transition from the HCG protocol because I have the 500 calorie day down pat!

Carol

Total respect Carol. What a huge step to have taken but, I hope, life enhancing.

I really hope that JUDDD works its special magic for you. I gave serious thought to HCG when I got stuck on LC, (I won't hear a word against Atkins, however, 10 years it worked for me although, in the end, I got stuck above goal). I was nervous about playing with my hormones, despite seeing the success others experienced, so I never actually tried it.

Then, like you, I delved into JUDDD. This has been a life changing experience for me and I cannot praise the people on these threads enough. You will find so much support here.

You have already accomplished so much and I hope, like me, you now reach goal and a wonderful way to maintain for the rest of your life.

Enjoy the journey.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #854
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
I also had come off 2 rounds of hcg. Maintained for a few months but then had trouble with weight creeping up. Switched over to JUDD and lost about 7-8 pounds (depending on the day). I think JUDD is going to be a keeper.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #855
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
I also had come off 2 rounds of hcg. Maintained for a few months but then had trouble with weight creeping up. Switched over to JUDD and lost about 7-8 pounds (depending on the day). I think JUDD is going to be a keeper.
Sherry, Did your weight creep up with certain foods added after hcg? How long did it take to lose the 7-8 lbs? I am finishing up 2 weeks on JUDDD today, no weight lost. I was down 2 lbs, but then TOM came yesterday, and I gained my usual 2 lbs. That would be ok if it was going to drop off when TOM leaves, but my usual pattern is that it doesn't drop off. I'm not giving up but I really want to see some results. JUDDD is easier than hcg and I don't want to mess around with my hormones anymore and go back on hcg, like Cindy was afraid to do. Hcg definitely worked for me, like nothing else ever did. But I have gained all the weight back, 13 lbs, and that is not fun at all . I have not eaten anything that could have caused a gain. I still haven't added back in any sugar and it will be one year no sugar in March.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #856
Blabbermouth!!!

to JUDDD, Carol! We are so happy to have you as a JUDDD bud!
Old 02-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #857
Senior LCF Member

cd. No I didn't add anything back in while in hcg maintenance/life. Pretty clean eating. It was hard to do a correction day to get rid of a couple of pounds by eating clean when I ate so clean anyway, so It was a losing battle. So far with JUDD I haven't added back in much either but I do eat low carb wraps and pitas. I do baking with coconut flour and steva and/or erythritol. I'm doing alright this way. I don't intend to go back to eating flour and sugar.

It took me about 2 months to get where I am now but have been doing JUDD since November 27. I bounce around a few pounds and that is pretty much where I am now and that is without upping my DD calories. So I'm not sure how it will go if I do try to up them.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #858
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome to JUDDD Carol! I'm a fellow primal/paleo JUDDD BUDDD. We had a thread started here, but it's slipped to pg 2 or 3 I think.

I tried playing with carbs when I first started, but my body just doesn't like grain/sugar. So I'm back on the primal wagon to stay.

Sherrymyra--it is paradoxical and counter-intuitive, but I tried and tried and lost nothing my first 3 weeks on JUDDD. Last week, I gave up, decided I was in maintenance, upped my DD's to 600-650, and lost a pound.

I think we each have our own 'sweet spot' of calorie numbers, and sometimes, it just takes some of us longer to find it than others. If nothing's really happening anyway, why not try a week or 2 of slightly higher dd's and see if that makes any difference?
Old 02-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #859
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for that input Tina. I think I will up my DD calories then and see what happens.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #860
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for that input Tina. I think I will up my DD calories then and see what happens.
Sherry, I thought you were on maintenance anyhow. Did you want to lose more with JUDDD or just maintain your 7-8 lb loss? That's exactly how much I want to lose. If I could do that in 2 months, I'd be thrilled. I am usually over the 500 and have been as high as 600. 600 seems to be where I can go more naturally and lets me include a little coconut oil.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #861
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
cd. No I didn't add anything back in while in hcg maintenance/life. Pretty clean eating. It was hard to do a correction day to get rid of a couple of pounds by eating clean when I ate so clean anyway, so It was a losing battle. So far with JUDD I haven't added back in much either but I do eat low carb wraps and pitas. I do baking with coconut flour and steva and/or erythritol. I'm doing alright this way. I don't intend to go back to eating flour and sugar.

It took me about 2 months to get where I am now but have been doing JUDD since November 27. I bounce around a few pounds and that is pretty much where I am now and that is without upping my DD calories. So I'm not sure how it will go if I do try to up them.
What kind of low carb wraps and pitas Sherry? I'm wondering how they don't have flour in them. What are they made of? Do you make them yourself out of coconut flour? I have experimented with coconut flour recently making a pizza for the kids with it and they loved it. I had a small piece on an UD and it was fantastic. The crust is coconut flour, only 2T, and mozz. cheese, eggs, baking powder.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #862
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carmiel
Stats: 203/163.4/155
Start Date: 2/12/2012
Thank You So Much for the Welcome

I am anxious to get started tomorrow. Today was my last day of eating 500 calories under the HCG protocol and tomorrow I plan to take full advantage of my UP day First on my agenda is a cup of coffee with cream...I can hardly wait. Of course Tuesday I will be back to 500 calories again but at least I can choose from a wide variety of foods rather than the limited HCG list. I am looking forward to seeing where JUDDD takes me and glad to be here.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #863
Senior LCF Member

cd, I never officially moved to maintenance, I just kind of stopped losing. In the last about three weeks I just bounce around the same couple of pounds. I really don't "need" to lose more I just hate being in what I would call a stall without having actually started eating more calories. I think I can be happy with the weight I am. But losing a pound or two more would be alright with me.

hmm. I have been eating Josephs flax oat bran lavash bread and LaTortilla factory low carb wraps. I never thought about it before but yes they do have some flour in them. I guess then I can't say that I will not eat flour again, but that is about the extent of it. I seem to do ok on them. Although, perhaps that is what slowed down my losses. I never put two and two together before. I wonder. Maybe I will cut them out this week and see what happens. I have been eating the lavash every day.

That pizza crust sounds good. What was the total recipe?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #864
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: norwegianwife
Stats: 195/169/160
Hey Everyone!
Just getting started today!
My weight loss journey is pretty straight forward. I was always thin and just started gradually gaining weight over 20 years until I found myself at my high weight of about 195. I carry weight well and never 'look like I weigh' whatever it is I weigh. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes about 6 years ago, but my docs say it's not an obesity issue, it's just genes. Although I would love to prove them wrong by getting SKINNY and not being diabetic anymore! But I won't hold my breath. I take Mettformin and Victoza, but am not insulin dependent. I try and watch my carbs, but splurge occaisionally.
I have tried the HCG protocol 2 times, once with homeopathic and once with the real deal, and both times have only lasted 17 and 12 days respectively. I just never get into that 'not hungry zone' people talk about. I felt like I was starving myself, which I guess, technically I was.
The one thing I did love about HCG was that feeling of being in control of my food, of what I am eating. I very rarely feel in control of food, so that is a great feeling for me and one of the reasons I am looking forward to JUDDDING!

I have a time boxed goal for now: I turn 40 on May 1 and my hubby is taking me to Thailand for 2 weeks! I want to drop some weight before then!! I leave April 21, so I have a couple of months to get my JUDDD groove on.

A little personal stuff: I am originally from Texas, met a Norwegian on vacation and fell in love. Been living here for 8 years, am fluent in Norwegian and have 1 daughter who is 2.5 and more Norwegian than Texan, much to my chagrin.

Look forward to this journey!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #865

again Norwegianwife.

I am sure you will love losing on JUDDD. I love the control of the DDs too. And the excesses of the UDs.

I have 2 Norwegian Forest Cats....
Old 02-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #866
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cellomum
Stats: 252/241.6/150
Start Date: Feb. 2012
Hello, I just started JUDDD last week and am on my third dd today. I know it is early days yet, but I think this may just work for me. I have had success with weight watchers, Atkins, and basic calorie counting in the past but each time I ended up feeling overly restricted and would always eventually stop (sometimes really close to goal) and then gain it all back. I'm currently back to my heighest weight (which I always get back to) and really excited to see if the numbers will move down. I'm going to weigh in for the first time on Thursday morning.

I'm also pretty new to posting on any message boards. I have lurked on many boards in the past but my guilt has finally forced me to start participating
Old 02-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #867

Cellomum. I hope this is the way of life for you, you are never deprived except for one short day! Good to have you join us.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #868
ks4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ks4
Stats: 154.8/135.4/120
Start Date: 10/29/2013
New

Hi!
I've been lurking around here a little bit this past week and some time during last year. 2 years ago, I would skip dinner although I ate a very decent amount during breakfast and lunch and quickly got down to my ideal weight. Fasting felt wonderful, but I couldn't not eat dinner for very long, so I gained back some of my weight. I did JUDDD for a few days last year but somehow fell off track, even though this way of life is easiest and makes me feel best. So, I decided to stick with it this year, and after starting a little over a week ago, I feel as if I can do this for life. After a day of eating normally, my body naturally feels the need to take a break from eating and recover, I am not "hungry" for heavy food on DD's, just something very watery and light. I mostly fast or eat vegetable soups on DD's, and eat to fullness on UD's. So far it is going great and I lost 4.6 pounds in one week! I truly believe that this is a very healthful way to live. I am looking forward to participating in discussions around here
Old 02-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #869
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Norwegianwife, cellomum and ks4. Welcome to JUDDD and our little board. Jump right in, start your own threads, post on others, and get ready for JUDDD magic. Looks like Ks4 has already found some.

Look forward to cheering you own and sharing your journey.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #870
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
cd, I never officially moved to maintenance, I just kind of stopped losing. In the last about three weeks I just bounce around the same couple of pounds. I really don't "need" to lose more I just hate being in what I would call a stall without having actually started eating more calories. I think I can be happy with the weight I am. But losing a pound or two more would be alright with me.

hmm. I have been eating Josephs flax oat bran lavash bread and LaTortilla factory low carb wraps. I never thought about it before but yes they do have some flour in them. I guess then I can't say that I will not eat flour again, but that is about the extent of it. I seem to do ok on them. Although, perhaps that is what slowed down my losses. I never put two and two together before. I wonder. Maybe I will cut them out this week and see what happens. I have been eating the lavash every day.

That pizza crust sounds good. What was the total recipe?
Hi Sherry, Then, maybe your body just wants to be there. Have you been this weight before? Maybe it's a previous set point and your body remembers that. Not sure if I believe that but I've heard that before.

You could probably make it as bread, too, and eat it instead of the wraps you are buying.

Google: healthyindulgences: pizza
Closed Thread