Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #781
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cdwrites
I was up to 570

My first DD is over now. I'm going to have another cup of tea before I call it a night. I am completely stuffed from that cabbage/chicken dinner. I was pretty hungry for dinner and ended up grabbing some almonds that were not on the menu for today, it helped me to make through cooking for everyone. I wound up at 570 for the day. I also did not include my cod liver oil in today so if I add that in, it's another 100 calories. Do I really need to count it? Should I skip the cod liver oil on DDs for now?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #782
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Lost with JUDDD! Maintaining with HDE/IE
I don't know why you take it (I don't really take anything except a plain old multi-vitamin) so I can't tell you not to take it. You have to choose if it's worth your calories.

Some people don't count supplements, but if it's 100 calories, I would absolutely count it.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #783
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cdwrites
Great loss rose!!! Hooray! I don't think I'll weigh tomorrow. I'm going to wait until the end of the week.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #784
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: *rosebud*
Stats: 275/183/160
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwrites View Post
Great loss rose!!! Hooray! I don't think I'll weigh tomorrow. I'm going to wait until the end of the week.
Oh, thank you! But, now I have a DD tomorrow and I'm soooo nervous. I'm worried about eating under the 500 calories again and being hungry. But, no use stressing over it. I'll just do the best I can.

Ok, here's my plan for tomorrow's DD:

Coffee, black. No cream, that will save me some calories.

Wait as long as I can to eat. I usually can go until 2 or 3 before I need to eat. Oh, but if I wait too long, what if I lose it and eat too much? Grrrrrr....... maybe I will try to wait as long as I can but have my food cooked and ready for me.

I'm going to have chicken breasts and cabbage! What you had today sounded really good to me.

And I'll plan on having some chicken broth and tea throughout the day.

I was thinking about only weighing once a week, but I'm so used to weighing every day. I just can't seem to resist.

As far as counting the calories for the cod liver oil on the DD.... I think so. And if it is helping you and you feel good taking it, maybe try it out and see how you do on it. Or, can you double up on the dose on your UD?

Yesterday, on my DD, I had some tuna and I really, really wanted some olive oil or mayo on it. I tried to work the calories in, but ended up giving up and just having my tuna with lemon juice and pepper. It went down ok...just not very yummy. Oh, darn. I should have had some mayo today on my UD because I will probably really want some tomorrow on my DD.

But, there's only one DD and then I have another UD! This is really kind of fun to figure out. I'll start planning my UD and will plan to have some mayo then. How cool!

Oh, sorry, I'm rambling....
Old 01-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #785
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Hello JUDDD board! I am just starting JUDDD, this is my second down day. My first down day I lost two pounds, so was hooked. Have read the book, actually a couple of months ago but never started because I was so intimidated by the 500 number. I decided to go ahead and give it a try and it was a lot easier than I thought.

I've been reading the posts on this board and am really inspired by so many success stories! Hoping to be one soon myself.
Hi! I'm just starting out, too. We're going to do good on this.

What kind of exercise are you doing? Um, I think I have just a few minutes of exercise in for the year so far...
Old 01-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #786

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by *rosebud* View Post
Hi! I'm just starting out, too. We're going to do good on this.

What kind of exercise are you doing? Um, I think I have just a few minutes of exercise in for the year so far...
So far this year it's almost all walking. I don't walk terribly fast due to short legs and a bum knee, I average about 2.5 - 2.7 mph. I'm pretty diligent about it...I have a mood disorder and exercise helps keep the moods good...so I walk about six days a week. I also throw a little Pilates and Yoga in there too, sometimes.

I was doing a lot of elliptical and biking last year but was seeing no benefit to even 60 minute elliptical workouts, so I decided to make it a lot more low-key and quit beating my body up.

I'm actually seeing better losses (even before JUDDD) on the just walking plan.

Yes, I'll be following you down! You're about ten pounds lower than me, so you plow the way and I'll be right behind you. I'm feeling really positive about JUDDD. If you haven't read the woo hoo thread, you should. So inspiring.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.

Last edited by Luna Loca; 01-31-2012 at 08:36 AM..
Old 01-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #787
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
So far this year it's almost all walking. I don't walk terribly fast due to short legs and a bum knee, I average about 2.5 - 2.7 mph. I'm pretty diligent about it...I have a mood disorder and exercise helps keep the moods good...so I walk about six days a week. I also throw a little Pilates and Yoga in there too, sometimes.

I was doing a lot of elliptical and biking last year but was seeing no benefit to even 60 minute elliptical workouts, so I decided to make it a lot more low-key and quit beating my body up.

I'm actually seeing better losses (even before JUDDD) on the just walking plan.

Yes, I'll be following you down! You're about ten pounds lower than me, so you plow the way and I'll be right behind you. I'm feeling really positive about JUDDD. If you haven't read the woo hoo thread, you should. So inspiring.

Oh, I love walking. I'll start making time to walk. Especially now as the weather is nice and crisp outside, my favorite!

I started reading the Woohoo thred and I love it! Folks are doing great on JUDDD.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #788
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
to all the Newbies, in this thread and any who introduced themselves in their own threads!

Nice to see you all over on the "dark side" and hope you love JUDDD as much as lots of us do!!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:47 AM   #789
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: marley
Stats: 155/132/120 - 5'5"
WOE: Pescetarian/LC
Start Date: LC (Jun 2006) JUDDD (Oct 2011)
Good evening!

I am new to posting here - though I've been loosely following the JUDDD cycle for a couple of months now. I really enjoy reading the posts on this board, and the level of support and knowledge on here is something I would love to share in...

I've been living low carb for about 5/6 years now - though it is sometimes a challenge because I've been a vegetarian my entire life up until the last year where I've added fish into my diet. I'm very sensitive to sugars (like most people here, I'm guessing!) so I've had to wean myself off a few of life's simpler pleasures (occasional biscuits, Caramello Koalas...)

I guess I've never been obese, or truly rotund; I've been... 'chubby' for most of my life. When I moved away from home and started eating low carb (about 6 years ago) I managed to get to a healthy, non-chubby weight for the pretty much the first time in my life (since the age of 6) and it felt liberating. I've been fairly disciplined with my way of life since then, as I don't ever want to feel the way I did as a teenager again!

I tend to carry weight very badly - so even smaller than normal amounts of fat look hideous on my frame - I don't get lovely, womanly curves. I get shapeless globs of fat on my arms and tummy... y'know, batwings. Ugh. Very unlovely. When I'm in good shape, I'm quite muscular and lean/athletic looking.

On a trip to Europe in September, I went hog wild eating baguettes. I would buy them warm and slather them with gorgeous slabs of French butter (buerre Francais!?) and I'd augment the pattiserie experience by buying a slice of flan nature (a baked egg-custard tart). I did this every day for a month. It was a very tasty month. I was (as a consequence) left contemplating my new shape.

Round is a shape, right?!

So, October came. I was home in Oz. And I fell back into low carb. And my life became very busy again. I didn't know it at the time, but I had started eating erratically in a way that closely mimics JUDDD - I'd fast one day, and then eat more normally the next day. Without realising it, I'd lost about 5 kgs (10lbs?). I decided to research intermittent fasting, and thus I stumbled across JUDDD...

Since then, I'm continually losing (slow and steady), and I'm feeling like I can maintain this WOE beyond reaching my somewhat arbitrary goal.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #790
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Just did my first down day yesterday, down .9 lbs today. Currently ovulating, so the numbers may mean nothing since I was up a pound the day before, but so happy to see a result nonetheless!
I like the alternating emptier and fuller days.
Just recently started incorporating exercise into my life again. It makes me happier.
Trying to decide if I want to weigh daily during the two week induction, or just do once a week like DrJohnson recommends. Or should I wait until the end of the fortnight? Obsessive here
Old 02-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #791

I was weighing once a week and only recently started weighing daily once I wrapped my head around the constant "bouncing" I kept hearing about. I can be obsessive too. Now it's no big deal for me to weigh daily, but it would have been a month ago.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #792
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/138.2/128 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: M/E (mostly)
Start Date: 4/1/14
I'm back!
3rd time is a charm, right?!
Today is my first DD, under 500 cals.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #793

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
JUDDDers, old and new!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #794
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Hello JUDDD~~~ Here I come~~

Hi Everyone, I am new here. I have not read about JUDDD. I have been low carbin it since last March.
I have been eating meat, eggs and cheese with an olive and celery stalk here and there. I saw a woman post about JUDDD. She is doing it and low carb, I had peeked at ya'll a few times but never did any serious reading.

Well I'm ready to read and learn. I am ready to see if I can do JUDDD. I am a fat inducted diabetic. I had been on insulin for almost two years when I started doing VVLC.

I had to use insulin once when I was into losing for about 5 or 6 weeks. I thought I could eat KFC and not gain or have a sugar spike. Well did I learn a hard lesson that day.

I had been on B/S lowering drugs for several years. I was not willing to stick one more needle into my body so I could eat a bag of whatever I had a mind to eat! This WOE got me heavier than I have ever been. I'm almost 61 years old. Too old and out of shape to play house anymore. I decided to get serious!

So 100 pounds lighter HERE I AM
I am ready to learn a new WOE.
I want to see color on my plate again
It does upset me that I have had to do without color on my plate since last March. Losing for me is kind of easy. The hard in hard is keeping it from ever finding me again.

I am ready to see if I can loss my next 20 pounds on JUDDD~~ One bite at a time~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by marylouise; 02-02-2012 at 11:34 PM..
Old 02-03-2012, 01:51 AM   #795
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KJ-43
Stats: HW 279 198/194.5/170
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 10/30/06 ,restart 1/2/14,7/2/14
Old 02-03-2012, 05:10 AM   #796

MaryLouise!
Old 02-03-2012, 06:07 AM   #797
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you~ KJ-43 & KeirasMom~~~
Old 02-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #798
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
A BIG to Rosebud, CDWrites, Marley, B Lou Who, Luna Loca, Tnanock and MaryLouise! (And anyone I accidently overlooked! - sorry!)

WELCOME BACK Joannew!

Lots of new JUDDD buds - yaayyyyy!!! Welcome!!
Old 02-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #799
_catzy_

Gallery: Bonnie
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
to all the newbies!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #800
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
A BIG to Rosebud, CDWrites, Marley, B Lou Who, Luna Loca, Tnanock and MaryLouise! (And anyone I accidently overlooked! - sorry!)

WELCOME BACK Joannew!

Lots of new JUDDD buds - yaayyyyy!!! Welcome!!

Sophie I have been looking at the DD recipes. I have a q. do ya'll make these foods? Is it do-able without havin to make all of this different food. Coming from Atkins I am not use to so much bran and oatmeal. I know I have a LOT to learn and I don't want to go back on diabetic pills, so is it do-able without pills?

I know I am probaly askin an un-answerable Q......

Any imput from anyone will be so welcome

I know you don't know my body chemistry, to tell the truth I don't know it anymore myself!

Scared of carbs!!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #801
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Sophie I have been looking at the DD recipes. I have a q. do ya'll make these foods? Is it do-able without havin to make all of this different food. Coming from Atkins I am not use to so much bran and oatmeal. I know I have a LOT to learn and I don't want to go back on diabetic pills, so is it do-able without pills?

I know I am probaly askin an un-answerable Q......

Any imput from anyone will be so welcome

I know you don't know my body chemistry, to tell the truth I don't know it anymore myself!

Scared of carbs!!!!
Hi ML! I haven't made any of those recipes, except the one that has it's own thread Cabbage, laughing cow cheese and chicken You can do any sort of modification you like on it, and it's still good and filling, and can be very LC.

On my DDs, I often have things like some whole milk plain yogurt with berries (sometimes mix 1/2 scoop protein powder in to make it even more filling); the cabbage/protein/stir-fry recipe in the link above, a salad with protein, a sandwich on lite or high fiber or LC bread, an egg white omelet, etc.

I need protein foods to fill me up, so I look for lower calorie proteins like deli ham, egg white, shrimp, tilapia, tuna and other seafood, chicken, etc. Round it out with raw or stir-fried veggies. Or have it on a sandwich.

You don't have to eat carbier foods if you don't want to. Or can gradually introduce moderately carbed foods, like some fruit, LC breads, etc.

Take it slow, see how you do. Enjoy your foods!

Welcome again! Ask any Qs you need!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #802
Blabbermouth!!!

Sophie thank you so much. You are makin it sound do-able!!

Today is my shopping day for this month. I love cabbage!

Are you still having to take Metformin?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:35 AM   #803
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my gosh!! The addition of fruit sounds soooo good!!!

I miss fruit so much!

I understand I need to start with berries because of my diabetic body!
I am so ready for a blueberry or a strawberry. Makes my mouth water thinking about all of the color I can add back into my life!

Someone late last night made me fill like I was throwing in the towel. I am not doing that. I'm so tired of meat and more meat! I lost a lot of blubber doing Atkins. I'm so tired of that WOE I'm worried about failing yet one more time. If I fail and regain, I will not live long. I know this is true.

My heart will not carry another 300 pound body! As I am writing this I am staring at that horrible picture of myself. To be truthful it looks like I weighed so much more than 300. I stopped letting my doctor weigh me when the scales touched 240 pounds. Made him mad but it was what it was.

Several months into Atkins I went to see him. I had dropped so much weight he was amazed. The entire clinic I was going to all started doing Atkins, including him!!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #804
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Sophie thank you so much. You are makin it sound do-able!!

Today is my shopping day for this month. I love cabbage!

Are you still having to take Metformin?
Quote:
Oh my gosh!! The addition of fruit sounds soooo good!!!

I miss fruit so much!

I understand I need to start with berries because of my diabetic body!
I am so ready for a blueberry or a strawberry. Makes my mouth water thinking about all of the color I can add back into my life!

Someone late last night made me fill like I was throwing in the towel. I am not doing that. I'm so tired of meat and more meat! I lost a lot of blubber doing Atkins. I'm so tired of that WOE I'm worried about failing yet one more time. If I fail and regain, I will not live long. I know this is true.

My heart will not carry another 300 pound body! As I am writing this I am staring at that horrible picture of myself. To be truthful it looks like I weighed so much more than 300. I stopped letting my doctor weigh me when the scales touched 240 pounds. Made him mad but it was what it was.

Several months into Atkins I went to see him. I had dropped so much weight he was amazed. The entire clinic I was going to all started doing Atkins, including him!!
It really IS doable!! Like Pat (So Happy) says, Mother Nature didn't put this whole world of colorful plant life on Earth for us and then tell us not to eat it!! (OK, that's a paraphrase, but something like that, lol)

There are so many veggies and fruits I enjoy. I try to have some fat/protein before or right along with the carbier things to lessen the impact on BG. Like some stir-fried meat with lots of colorful veggies and seasonings and a touch of rice. Or meat/cheese with veggies on a lite or high fiber or LC bread with a handful of chips. Berries and yogurt. Or berries and whipped cream.

Nothing is off limits to you in JUDDD, you just have to eat how is best for you and how you feel best, especially those who have diabetes or food intolerances. We have several here on JUDDD who are diabetic or eating close to how a diabetic eats to prevent their IR from becoming problematic (I am one who tries to eat mostly low - moderate carb).

I still take Metformin because I feel it's a pretty safe drug with a long history of use, and if it helps my issues even a little, it's worth it to me. It's the only Rx I take now. JUDDD helped me get off my allergy meds!!

A big tip on that cabbage dish is to buy the "coleslaw mix" - the already shredded bags of cabbage since it makes preparing the food on hungry DDs so much faster!

I think you are going to love JUDDD and the food freedom!!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 02-03-2012 at 08:53 AM..
Old 02-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #805
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
If I fail and regain, I will not live long. I know this is true.

Congrats on your huge success with Atkins!! What an accomplishment!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #806
Junior LCF Member

Hi! I'm still trying to figure this out, but I think I am on track. :-)

Today is my 6th day on JUDDD. I have an UD today and not sure what I will eat. I have some ideas, but I can't choose! I want bacon and eggs, but I have some Greek Yogurt that I might eat instead. I don't seem to have enough calories available on my UD to satisfy me. Booooo. I guess I am just an eating machine and want to eat, eat, eat.

But, things are going good. I have lost 5.6 pounds so far on these 6 days. I had lost 7.6 but I had chinese food on my last UP along with a big glass of red wine, and gained 2.2 pounds the next day. Ooooops. Not sure if it was the chinese food or the wine. I should have just stuck with one. I didn't have any noodles or rice, just lots of the other stuff. It was hard to calculate calories because we bought the chinese food, but I had saved up about 1100 calories for the dinner and wine. Maybe I went over.

Yesterday on my DD, I went to the gym, for the first time in over 15 years. I started with some weight machines and I am a little sore and tight today. Probably not the best time for me to start going to the gym. Today the scale showed a .2 loss. I think I will wait for more gym activity until I am out of the 2 week induction period of JUDDD.

My DD are a bit rough. I'm trying to find more low calorie foods to eat. I'll be getting some bags of shredded cabbage and some laughing cow cheese. I think those will help.

I'm really happy to be here and I love all the encouragement and posts!!
Rose
Old 02-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #807
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome to the new JUDDD BUDDDS!

MaryLouise, I'm one who does moderate carb on JUDDD (I try to keep it between 50-70g), and I also have blood sugar issues (had gest diabetes with my last baby--so more likely to develop T2, and therefore keep a check on things). I lost most of my wait with the primal/paleo woe, and still follow that (with a bit of testing grain/sugar/starchy carbs to see how they affected me). I've found sugar is a no-go for my bg. And grapes spike it bad. But a small amount of whole wheat (10g), or 1/2 a baked potato are completely fine.

So my advice would be to keep an eye on how foods affect you. Don't just jump in with cereal, bread, sugar, fruits all at the same time. Because if you have spikes, you won't really know what caused it. Add in those colorful veggies first. They aren't likely to do any harm. Then something else at each meal, or maybe even just once a day.

And have fun enjoying those previously forbidden foods!
Old 02-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #808
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Mother Nature didn't put this whole world of colorful plant life on Earth for us and then tell us not to eat it!!!
Wait...but...isn't there some story about an apple tree?
Old 02-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #809

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Mary Louise. You have done such a great job with Atkins. I will always respect him, he has changed so many lives.

I am not an expert on JUDDD by any means although I am loving it after nearly 11 years on Atkins. I am loving the variety of foods I can enjoy while I am maintaining.

You will fine lots of folk here with type 2, and many of them are losing weight and controlling their levels.

Post on our boards and you will get lots of support I know,

And here's to a colourful future!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #810

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
Hi everyone, may I join you?

Been lurking on your board for awhile now. I'm going to give this a shot, mainly because you are all such a supportive friendly group and seem really dedicated to your woe! I need a group that's really committed for the long hall as I have a lot to lose and this looks like the place. I also really like the concept of the alternate day woe.

I've been around here off and on for aloong time as you can see in my stats area. Mostly I've been hanging out in the Playground in the last few years...

I lost 117 lbs nine or so years ago using the Fat fast twice a week (after the first three months on Atkins)--it was the only way I could continue to lose. So I'm familiar with DD's and know they work if you work them. Then I eventually gained, lost, gained, repeat in the ensuing years, you all know how it goes....life happens, carbs call. I think because this plan actually incorporates carbs and the occasional sweet, it's the perfect plan for maintenance and for me since realistically I know I won't go without carbs entirely for the rest of my life.

DH is Diabetic 2 and my numbers have shown pre-d occasionally, so I will definitely be on the low carb end. (I know my Doc is just waiting for the numbers to show up --but I've kept them at bay this long by doing low carb) I think maybe once a week I will allow pasta, spuds, rice or bread on an up day, at least until I've gotten the bulk of this weight off. I will continue to banish junk food, and only have dessert or wine when we go out to dinner occasionally. I'm one of those people who just can't have red flag foods in the house, at. all. I'm sure my metabolism is shot because of yo-yo dieting most of my adult life, so I have to be pretty strict to lose. Yet I'm going to try this without counting (I hate that--it's part of why I loooved low carb!), I will just watch fats and portions. Has anyone here been successful doing it this way? If need be, I will adjust and start counting.

I was looking at the Weigh-in thread and it looks like most of you only need to lose 10-15 lbs or are already in Maintenance. Congrats! It looks like I will be the heaviest one of the bunch. But my thinking goes like this--this looks like the perfect plan for Maintenance, so I might as well start right now making this my lifestyle instead of a diet. Diet-thinking has gotten me nowhere in the past , so it just seems smart to me to go with this now.

Dh and I have both been working on losing since Jan 9th! First one to lose 50 lbs pays the other $500 dollars! So far I'm winning, down 12, he's down about 8. Luckily I have some secret weapons, I control the food shopping and cooking (mostly), and I have this Forum!

I've read most of this board, ordered the book, and I've done 2 down days so far this week. Lost only 1 so far, but I'm in it for the long haul. I'm also exercising at home on my recumbent bike 45 minutes a day. It's a start.

<<< It's just Dh and I at home, that's my Granddaughter Olivia in my avatar, she turns 1 tomorrow! We are going to miss her big birthday party tomorrow because of the big 3 day long snow storm happening right now here in Colorado. (Ds and Dil live up and over the mountains) It's probably a good thing for my woe though!

Happy to be here, looking forward to getting to know you all.

If you've read all this, LOL, Thanks!! You win a

heidi

~

Last edited by heidihoopi; 02-03-2012 at 05:18 PM..
Closed Thread