Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #751
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Yummy!
This! ^ ^ ^

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #752
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: *rosebud*
Stats: 275/183/160
Hi!

I've decided to try JUDDD out! I'm very excited!

I lost a bunch of weight on HCG (which I loved, loved, loved). I've been off HCG for a few months and I gained a little weight back. I was planning on doing another round of HCG at some point this year to get to my goal, but JUDDD sounds so interesting to me, I thought I'd try it out.

My goal is to get down to around 140.

Today I am 186. I am 5'3" and I am 45 years old.

It's my first DD today! I have my food calculated to 441 calories. Does that sound right?

I'm not sure how many calories I will need to eat tomorrow. Sorry, can someone please help me figure that out? I keep coming up with different numbers.

I'm really loving reading everything here. It's been so helpful!
Old 01-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #753
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
I came off HCG in May. I thought I was okay with the weight I was at. But decided I really wanted to shave off a few more pounds. I didn't have enough left to lose to go another round with HCG so decided on JUDD. I have been doing it now for 2 months and have lost about 8 pounds.

I like it.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #754

Quote:
Originally Posted by *rosebud* View Post
Hi!

I've decided to try JUDDD out! I'm very excited!

I lost a bunch of weight on HCG (which I loved, loved, loved). I've been off HCG for a few months and I gained a little weight back. I was planning on doing another round of HCG at some point this year to get to my goal, but JUDDD sounds so interesting to me, I thought I'd try it out.

My goal is to get down to around 140.

Today I am 186. I am 5'3" and I am 45 years old.

It's my first DD today! I have my food calculated to 441 calories. Does that sound right?

I'm not sure how many calories I will need to eat tomorrow. Sorry, can someone please help me figure that out? I keep coming up with different numbers.

I'm really loving reading everything here. It's been so helpful!
Try holding your UDs to the 1850-1875 calorie and DDs of 500 calories or fewer. Those should be good numbers for you and get you off to a good start.

I'm sure you will love it as much as we all do. There are quite a few here who have previously lost weight on HCG, so you sure won't be alone there.

Welcome. Glad you're with us here. Let us know if you have any questions, although I suspect most everything in the world has been covered here already at one time or another. LOL

Old 01-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #755

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
I came off HCG in May. I thought I was okay with the weight I was at. But decided I really wanted to shave off a few more pounds. I didn't have enough left to lose to go another round with HCG so decided on JUDD. I have been doing it now for 2 months and have lost about 8 pounds.

I like it.
What wonderful progress! That's really good weight loss for any diet plan, but especially nice considering you're on a plan where you eat a full compliment of calories every other day!

Glad you're with us! JUDDD rocks! And you're obviously rockin' the JUDDD too!
Old 01-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #756
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cdwrites
Glad to meet some other HCGers. I don't think I'll ever do another round again because I've gained it all back now...took 6 months but still, all that effort and it's all back and I am still eating p3 and haven't introduced any sugar or starch. I eat very clean, paleo, high fat, very low carb (no grains, no sugar, no fruit, just veggies, protein, good fats, and some cocoa coconut oil bark as my treat). So, I'm trying JUDDD and I start tomorrow with my first DD.
Sherrymyra, that is amazing that you've lost 8 lbs doing this. Have you found JUDDD easier than hcg? You are doing maintenance now I suppose? How is that going? I need to read more about that. I do not want to do 500 calories DDs in maintenance. I hope to eat more normally.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #757

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwrites View Post
Glad to meet some other HCGers. I don't think I'll ever do another round again because I've gained it all back now...took 6 months but still, all that effort and it's all back and I am still eating p3 and haven't introduced any sugar or starch. I eat very clean, paleo, high fat, very low carb (no grains, no sugar, no fruit, just veggies, protein, good fats, and some cocoa coconut oil bark as my treat). So, I'm trying JUDDD and I start tomorrow with my first DD.
Sherrymyra, that is amazing that you've lost 8 lbs doing this. Have you found JUDDD easier than hcg? You are doing maintenance now I suppose? How is that going? I need to read more about that. I do not want to do 500 calories DDs in maintenance. I hope to eat more normally.
I don't think there are many who reach their goal weight who want to continue to stay too low calorie on their DDs. Most raise it significantly at the time they enter maintenance, so they have their lovely UDs and then DDs that are somewhat more strict, but really not bad at all. And for most of us, that works very well, even when we have included higher starch veggies, fruits, and even grains and sugars back into our diets. So the diet part is highly individual among us, but most of us rarely do very low calorie DDs anymore. I do some, just because I believe in the value of cycled calorie restriction, but it just isn't necessary at all for weight control.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #758
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post

I like it.

Wow, that's really great.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #759
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Pat. That is very good to know. I was a bit worried about it. Starting tomorrow...I'm going to do great !!!
Old 01-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #760
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Try holding your UDs to the 1850-1875 calorie and DDs of 500 calories or fewer. Those should be good numbers for you and get you off to a good start.

I'm sure you will love it as much as we all do. There are quite a few here who have previously lost weight on HCG, so you sure won't be alone there.

Welcome. Glad you're with us here. Let us know if you have any questions, although I suspect most everything in the world has been covered here already at one time or another. LOL

Thank you so much. I'll shoot for around 1850 calories tomorrow. And we can eat anything we want? As long as we are around our UD calorie goal?

If we have CO or MCT oil, we need to count the calories? And I guess I would only have those things on my UD?

This is going to be fun!
Old 01-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #761

Quote:
Thank you so much. I'll shoot for around 1850 calories tomorrow. And we can eat anything we want? As long as we are around our UD calorie goal?

If we have CO or MCT oil, we need to count the calories? And I guess I would only have those things on my UD?

This is going to be fun!
Yes, whatever you decide you want to eat on your UDs is fine with JUDDD. JUDDD is only about the calorie numbers, so your choice of the foods you want to feast on is entirely up to you.

If you have come from a previously low carb way of eating and you now eat more carbs on JUDDD, be prepared to gain back the water weight that was initially lost when you started low carb. You started low carb off with a bang with lots of lost *water weight* pounds, and if you add carbs back now, you'll start JUDDD off with a bang too. Only in reverse. Some times folks don't lose for a couple of weeks, or even gain, and it's to see that on the scale. But it goes away.

Or if you don't add carbs back in at all, you will probably just loose some weight right in your first week or two. Just nail your calorie numbers and then eat whatever you wish.

Oils and fats can be eaten either day.. just track and add those calories too, of course. Obviously if you eat many oils and fats on your DDs, there is going to be very, very little room for FOOD. So most of us limit fats on the DDs and enjoy them plenty on the opposing UDs. You get to decide for yourself.

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-29-2012 at 05:54 PM..
Old 01-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #762
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwrites View Post
Ouch. Sorry to hear the weight came back.

JUDDD sounds like a great plan and easy to do. I'm just one day ahead of you! We're going to do great and it sounds like it'll be fun, too.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #763
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Yes, whatever you decide you want to eat on your UDs is fine with JUDDD. JUDDD is only about the calorie numbers, so your choice of the foods you want to feast on is entirely up to you.

If you have come from a previously low carb way of eating and you now eat more carbs on JUDDD, be prepared to gain back the water weight that was initially lost when you started low carb. You started low carb off with a bang with lots of lost *water weight* pounds, and if you add carbs back now, you'll start JUDDD off with a bang too. Only in reverse. Some times folks don't lose for a couple of weeks, or even gain, and it's to see that on the scale. But it goes away.

Or if you don't add carbs back in at all, you will probably just loose some weight right in your first week or two. Just nail your calorie numbers and then eat whatever you wish.

Oils and fats can be eaten either day.. just track and add those calories too, of course. Obviously if you eat many oils and fats on your DDs, there is going to be very, very little room for FOOD. So most of us limit fats on the DDs and enjoy them plenty on the opposing UDs. You get to decide for yourself.
Pat, thank you!
Old 01-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #764
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
Quote:
Actually I haven't started maintenance yet. I hit a new low a few days ago, which would bring me up to 9 pounds lost, but have bounced back up that pound. Kind of a rollercoaster. It is slow going now for me and I know I need to get into maintenance. It is easier than hcg though. I suppose on DD's I eat like I did on hcg. And I haven't added much as far as starches. And no sugar. I like eating more every other day. But I too hope to be able to eat more normal on DD's once into maintenance. I haven't decided what calories I am going to yet, I should have thought that out this weekend.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:54 AM   #765

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
How lovely, more new faces, although sherrymyra has already won her stripes I see.

all of you to this wonderful, freeing way of eating. And to the wonderful threads supporting it on the LCF Boards.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:21 AM   #766
_catzy_

Gallery: Bonnie
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
to all the new JUDDDers!
Old 01-30-2012, 06:34 AM   #767
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for the welcome! I'm so happy to be here and to be learning about JUDDD. My first DD went ok. I did 458 calories. Didn't think I could possibly do that without HCG, but I did!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #768
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
WELCOME! WE CAN DO THIS. MY full week today of JUDDING. So me newbie also. U CAN DO!

IF I can anyone can.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #769
Senior LCF Member

My first DD

I am doing my first DD. I think I might be over 500 today. I didn't include my cod liver oil and I take a T of that every day. IT's 40 calories per teaspoon so 120 calories for the 1T. THat's a lot!!! Yikes! I don't want to not take it but what do you think, should I skip it on DD for now?

I am nervous about getting through the day but trying to keep super busy.

What about exercise? SHould I exercise on UDs only?
Old 01-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #770
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
DRINK LOTS OF WATER, I keep my stomach busy with water, coffee, tea, etc.

I've only had coffee this morning and water.I Save the other for afternoon, calling it my lunch. Ha,
For myself, exercise is still happening, but have had to do some less. I'm a big believer in exercise. IM NOT EATING WHILE I EXERCISE, ha.
m also on my second week of JUddd. u aren't alone, my DD also.
don't hurt ur self by overdoing exercise. just keeping buzy may be ur best bet today. BE KIND TO YOURSELF?
Old 01-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #771
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the advice. I think I've had 4 cups of tea already today and it's early still. I will drink plenty of water. I think I will do just a little exercise today on my first DD. Be kind to yourself....is the best advice I have heard yet. It's a good reminder. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #772
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you for the welcome! I'm so happy to be here and to be learning about JUDDD. My first DD went ok. I did 458 calories. Didn't think I could possibly do that without HCG, but I did!
Rosebud, That is great for your first DD (without hcg). I am nervous about going so low without hcg, too. I am already looking forward to UD tomorrow , lol.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #773
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome to all the newbies! Glad to see you jumping in. We'll be seeing you posting in the woohoo thread before long!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #774
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tnanock
Stats: 212.2/212.2/170
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart 9/20/12
Hey! Another newbie here. I came across JUDDD by investigating hcg. I had initially started hcg about 3 weeks ago and after a week into it I discovered I did not get the real stuff so I was basically starving myself. I placed another order last week, and tried to restart this weekend. Friday I did well, Saturday I was starving and said I cannot do this!! I've also got some things coming up in the next couple of weeks that would make the hcg diet nearly impossible and it is not very forgiving!

So while looking for other options, I came across this forum and find it very intriguing!! I guess you could call Saturday a MD, and then yesterday was an UD though I did not count calories and today is my first DD. So far so good! Only after calculating my calories, I won't have but 65 calories left for dinner so the next DD I will need to make some adjustments mainly to breakfast....or I may just fast all day until dinner and be able to eat with my family.

My current weight is 195 and I'm 5'9". My numbers come up to be around 500/2000. I'm very excited about finding a weight loss plan that I can actually live with the rest of my life!!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #775
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Welcome to all the newbies! Glad to see you jumping in. We'll be seeing you posting in the woohoo thread before long!
Oh, I'll have to check out the Woohoo thread!

I lost 2.8 pounds! Yesterday was my fist DD. Today is my fist UP and I'm nervous about eating. sigh........................ I know it's important to eat, so I will, but I loved seeing that 2.8 gone this am.

It was so weird, because I *did* have some carbs, some grissini, with my soup yesterday. So, I expected not to lose that much or not lose at all. But, I found myself pee'ing A LOT. Yesterday evening, last night and this AM. So, I dunno... not sure how this all works. Maybe the grissini amount was so little? I ate 66 calories of grissini, not sure how many carbs that is.

Anyway, so far today I have had eggs and bacon (YUM) and cream in my coffee.

Do folks do any wine drinking in the two week induction part of the JUDDD?

Also, should I expect to gain after my UD?

Old 01-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #776

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Rose, the scale goes all over the place, but the trend is downward. I am a wine-drinker and drank every UD through induction and lost steadily. Welcome and enjoy!
Old 01-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #777
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Rose, the scale goes all over the place, but the trend is downward. I am a wine-drinker and drank every UD through induction and lost steadily. Welcome and enjoy!
Ok, cool! Thanks!! That's great to know.

And wow, have you already lost almost 20 pounds on JUDDD since Dec 12?
Old 01-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #778

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Yep, and that's with a couple of minor bumps along the way. 3rd week I gained 0.8, so it's important to look at the overall trend rather than the daily or even weekly weigh-ins. I was losing less than 1 lb/week when I stopped low carb and am at nearly 3 lbs/week on JUDDD, drinking wine and eating very decadently every other day.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #779

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Hello JUDDD board! I am just starting JUDDD, this is my second down day. My first down day I lost two pounds, so was hooked. Have read the book, actually a couple of months ago but never started because I was so intimidated by the 500 number. I decided to go ahead and give it a try and it was a lot easier than I thought.

I've been reading the posts on this board and am really inspired by so many success stories! Hoping to be one soon myself.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #780
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Yep, and that's with a couple of minor bumps along the way. 3rd week I gained 0.8, so it's important to look at the overall trend rather than the daily or even weekly weigh-ins. I was losing less than 1 lb/week when I stopped low carb and am at nearly 3 lbs/week on JUDDD, drinking wine and eating very decadently every other day.
Wow, that's some awesome weight loss!!
Closed Thread