Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #631
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
to all the Newbies!! You will love JUDDD and this is the BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE forum on LCFs (at least I think so )

Best to all of you and don't ever be afraid to ask ANYTHING here! If we don't know the answer all of us together will still be able to figure it out!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2012, 05:29 AM   #632
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/154.2/145 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Hi ladies...i thinking of restarting Judd program...gained 9 lbs through the holidays...need to get motivated and i've got to do it now...before it really gets out of hand...my starting weight is 160.4

starting toay on DD...500...will see tomorrow what happens...

sohappy ...you're still around that's good to know...how was your progress since this summer...

Last edited by mommy_gates; 01-09-2012 at 05:30 AM..
Old 01-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #633
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Hi, Gaetane! Welcome back! Do you remember me? You don't even know how happy I am to see you back in the JUDDD fold, and you'll find it is a changed place, lots of JUDDDers, full of happy and excited folks, enjoying their UDs like crazy, and loving the weight losses they are getting from their DDs! Everyone is warm and supportive and encouraging here, so you're going to fit right in.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/150/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I haven't this checked this thread in a few days, and was so happy to see so many people joining us here. This forum is always an exciting place to be, with so much losing going on. I was especially thrilled to see that Deb has joined us. We're going to be rocking maintenance, girl!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #635

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
.This so the new black ladies!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #636

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
Hi ladies...i thinking of restarting Judd program...gained 9 lbs through the holidays...need to get motivated and i've got to do it now...before it really gets out of hand...my starting weight is 160.4

starting toay on DD...500...will see tomorrow what happens...
back and looking forward to your past JUDDD wisdom to help all of us Newbies AND Oldies!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #637
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/285/<160 (5'7")
WOE: LC/JUDDD/Fast5/Diabetes Miracle 2010-12
Start Date: 2014: Shangri-La
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becklynn View Post
I have just recently recommitted myself to losing weight after a very scary visit with my doctor who told me that my weight is way too high, and my blood sugar levels are pre-diabetic. I lost my grandma (dad's side) to a stroke following quadruple bypass surgery at only 59, and my dad had his first heart attack at 50, and quadruple bypass at 59. I DON'T WANT TO DIE. I know that I quickly lose weight on low carb, but it is so hard to stick with when I am cooking for a family of six, and I am the only one who is limiting carbs. After reading all of the entries here, and researching a similar carb cycling WOE, I think that I might give it a try. I have already reached the point in LC dieting that I rarely want to eat, so it would be very easy to start with a DD. I am just terrified of undoing the few pounds that I have dumped. Oh well, at least I am at the beginning of my loss, so if it does creep up, I'm not out that much, and I can just switch back. However, if it works as well as everyone is raving that it does, I should be fine.

UD limit 2275
DD limit 455
Hi there!

I saw your post a couple days ago and wanted to respond, then forgot where I saw it!

Have you made the change yet? How are you doing so far?

I understand your fear of undoing your current weight loss but perhaps you can add carbs back in slowly?

Something crossed my mind when you mentioned you have a big family and you often don't feel like eating: IF (intermittent fasting). You pick an "eating window" every day, usually about 5 hours (I've seen as low as 4 and up to 8). Then you limit your eating to that time (no limits on types of food, unless you decide on certain restrictions). You could eat dinner with your family every night--what you fix for them, not something different for yourself!--as well as a snack, or a late lunch + dinner, or whatever works for you!

I've been doing it for the last 4 days and am really enjoying it. I haven't given up on JUDDD, but am trying to re-train my appetite after the holidays and too many carbs! Once I get more accustomed to eating within this window, I plan to get back to calorie-counting/JUDDDing.

Last edited by piratejenny; 01-09-2012 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 01-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #638
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PrettyInPink82
Stats: 212/207/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 1/8/12

Hi all,

I am so thrilled and blessed to have found JUDDD! To tell you a little about me, I've struggled with my weight all my life. I'm 29 yrs old, recently married and my highest weight was around 305. I lost 100 with a supervised weight loss program in 2005, I actually got to 175. I maintained for a few years eating a very boring diet.....and I couldn't take it anymore! I wanted to feel normal! Is that too much to ask? LOL.

I've tried hcg......with some success but it just was not for me. I'm back up to 210 from holidays and just "diet fatigue" & now I'm ready to get back on it. I never want to get back to where I was. I started Juddd yesterday (a DD, and it wasn't bad- I did protein shakes and ended at around 510 cals). I am praying that juddd gets me to my goal weight of 140 lbs. It seems very do-able.

I can take 500 cals a few days a week, especially after doing hcg. I'm not looking for a quick fix, I just want steady, healthy weight loss and I'm ready to do what it takes. My 30th birthday is in July and I'm hoping to be at my goal then. My husband is very supportive, he just wants me to be happy.

I am looking forward to interacting w/ everyone. Thanks for the I inspiration.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #639

Welcome, welcome, welcome, PrettyinPink! You are definitely in the RIGHT PLACE!

If you are tired of diets that just restrict you every single day of almost everything that makes life pleasant to you, then you'll feel freed by JUDDD. I do!

If you can do the 500-calorie Down Days, it's going to be a breeze for you, right from the start. It's pretty important to get your Up Day calorie number set correctly and to pretty much adhere to that number... you can't just have a free-for-all on your UDs, but if you respect your calorie numbers for both UDs and DDs, you are almost guaranteed to lose weight while you are eating very, very, very well every other day!

Fasting on DDs alternating with feasting on UDs! Losing weight and getting truly healthy. Quite a wonderful diet plan.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #640
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
Start Date: 12/26/11
Welcome Prettyinpink! Great success already with your 1st DD!!!! You've got the hang of it. What helped me when I first started JUDDD was pouring over all the posts in this forum. They're very imformative.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:03 AM   #641
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the warm welcoming! I'm confident that finding JUDDD is a godsend. I don't feel the need to eat all the goodies prior to a DD because I know in 24 hrs, I'll be able to eat freely within reason. I've read on the thread that many believe this way of eating takes the food obsession away and I totally agree. I no longer feel that, "let me eat this whole medium pizza because I won't be able to eat it for a year" type of way. I finally feel that I've got "food in a choke hole", I finally feel in control!

I am looking forward to JUDDD-ing with everyone. Why didn't I discover this years ago? Oh well, can't do much about it now!
Old 01-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #642
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
Start Date: 12/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyInPink82 View Post
this way of eating takes the food obsession away and I totally agree. I no longer feel that, "let me eat this whole medium pizza because I won't be able to eat it for a year" type of way. I finally feel that I've got "food in a choke hole", I finally feel in control!

I am looking forward to JUDDD-ing with everyone. Why didn't I discover this years ago? Oh well, can't do much about it now!
So true for me! I don't know how many times I felt that I needed to eat half the pizza cuz I wasn't going to have any for a long, long, long time. Now that I can have Pizza, I haven't had it once! Must have been pssychological because yesterday I tried to think of a really "bad" food to eat on my UD and I chose a PB&J sandwich W/cold milk! I'm making better choices now!
Old 01-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #643
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine2 View Post
So true for me! I don't know how many times I felt that I needed to eat half the pizza cuz I wasn't going to have any for a long, long, long time. Now that I can have Pizza, I haven't had it once! Must have been pssychological because yesterday I tried to think of a really "bad" food to eat on my UD and I chose a PB&J sandwich W/cold milk! I'm making better choices now!

Wow, you are making good choices! That's great!!! We will do this!
Old 01-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #644

prettyinpink, and congrats on the marriage.

I hope you will have the fun that this plan allows, I can see you are going to love it
Old 01-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #645

Prettyinpink and I know you are going to LOVE JUDDD! Doing the DDs can be hard but it seems you are good with that 500 calories so this should work out really well for you!! It WOE is the BEST thing I have ever done for myself, hands down and I hope you find it the same for you

And if you read my signature you will understand how most of us feel! We can ALWAYS have what we want tomorrow!!

Last edited by Beeb; 01-11-2012 at 06:51 PM..
Old 01-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #646
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/154.2/145 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Thanks for the welcome...i still haven't started Judd...my mother needs homecare so i've been very busy and not be able to stay home to guard my way of eating...i haven't been paying attention..i need to be online to count those calories....but i'm hoping to start fresh on monday...if everything settle down

I am very anxious to get going,talk to you all on monday...
Old 01-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #647

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
Thanks for the welcome...i still haven't started Judd...my mother needs homecare so i've been very busy and not be able to stay home to guard my way of eating...i haven't been paying attention..i need to be online to count those calories....but i'm hoping to start fresh on monday...if everything settle down

I am very anxious to get going,talk to you all on monday...
Happy New Year, Gaets!

Whenever you get ready for JUDDD, you know it's still here.

Sure sorry to hear your mother needs home care now. I hope that is only temporary and can all get worked out smoothly. But, we did care for both daddy and mother in their very elder time of declining health, so know that sometimes that comes to us.

Lovely to hear from you. Glad you stopped in to say Hello. Don't be a stranger, and know that we'll be glad whenever you can join us. Warmest regards.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #648
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Warmest to all the new Juddd Buds!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #649
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: debdeb
Stats: 137/128/122
Start Date: January 2012
Hello. I have been lurking and now I have decided to give JUDDD at shot. I have been doing numerous rounds of HCG to try to maintain and always seem to be battling with the last 8 to 10 pounds. I feel like JUDDD will give me the ability to eat what I want and not have uncontrollable cravings. I can adhere to eating high fat low carb for just so long. Then I end up going off the deep end with carbs. I also find that I end up not having a social live about half the time. Either you are on protocol or trying to maintain and therefore, it is just easier to stay home than fight the temptations. I know I have an addictive behavior toward food. I just hope this will help me get it under control.

I have been off HCG for 3 days and have been maintaining going from about 700 cal on one DD and yesterday 1800 on UD. The first day off HCG I was at around 1200. So, today I am going to shoot for the 500 to 700 range.

I look forward to sharing my successes with you and all of your successes. Thanks for all the information I have been able to find on this site.

DebDeb
Old 01-13-2012, 07:28 AM   #650
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Hello. I made a post in the forum that introduces me, so I won't repeat it all here, just hit the highlights.

Tina, 46, married 21 years with 4 kids aged 5-18. Almost at goal, but looking toward maintenance, and getting off those last few pounds. Follow a paleo/primal woe and really like it, plan to continue that with JUDD, but allowing myself more 'treats' on the UP's. I really don't miss grains/sugar--they make me feel horrid when I eat them. But I love making baked goods with almond/coconut flour and a little honey. So it'll be nice to have more of that.

Looking forward to learning from you all, and seeing how this works. I'll be honest and say I'm giving it a 2 week trial to see how it goes. I don't think the DD's will be a big deal. I often find if I have a couple scrambled eggs for breakfast, and a small salad and some protein for lunch, I'm not hungry for dinner, and have skipped it in the past. The UD's will probably be harder actually.

Anyway, HI!
Tina
Old 01-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #651
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: F5er
Stats: 135/133/123; 5'7"
WOE: Fast-5, Primal, JUDDD
Start Date: 5/1/07
Hello all, I used JUDDD a few years ago successfully to lose 10 lbs. More importantly my hubby lost 20 lbs. in 8 weeks. We followed a fixed DD plan - DDs were Sun, Tues, Thurs. We did this mainly for ease in planning. Friday has always been our Eat out day. We figured we were only losing one DD every two weeks. And it worked. His DD were at 800 calories...he has a physical job...mine were 500.
Anyway, we're back. I need to lose eight lbs, he needs to lose 20!
I have been following Fast-5 for almost four years, with my eating window starting at 4:30. So it is easier for me to have a 400 calorie dinner and my favorite evening snack of unsweetened almond milk, 2tbsp of cool whip, and SF chocolate syrup or SF chocolate Torani syrup....for 80 calories or less!
I will be stalking this board. What a great addition, especially the DD recipes!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #652

Welcome, Deb! Welcome, Tina! Welcome F5er!

Great to have all of you joining us here. This eating plan is wonderful, and this forum is absolutely great. It is a gathering of the most friendly and supportive folks you could hope to find to share the weight loss journey with you!

I hope you will be active here in reading and posting with us. Being involved very often seems to help us stay focused and working the plan well.

Here's to lost pounds, good eats, improved health, and new smaller sizes! Woo Hoo!

Old 01-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #653
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
It is amazing how many new faces are here since I started only two weeks ago (sorry, if your not new, than I am)!! I am so excited to see everyone's losses, progress and successes.

So, !!! And, I wish a measure of self control, determination and patience to each and every one of us!!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #654

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Newbie here!
I'm on my first week of JUDDD, excited to see what the scale fairy brings me this week!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #655

to all you lovely newbies, enjoy your JUDDD journeys, there will be bumps but there will be so many food joys too.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #656

to all the New JUDDD BUDDD! Hope the sticky and other threads give you the answers you may be looking for about JUDDD and if not, ask away! A better group for support, caring and knowledge you will never find!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #657

Fun to see this wonderful and steady stream of newbies here! Welcome!

I wish you nothing but success and happiness on this plan. Once you get into it, it just keeps getting easier and easier, and all while you slim down and are able to be eating very, very well and enjoying all the social events and celebrations in your life like everyone else!

Read everything, post often, let us know your successes so that we can give you the well-deserved accolades you deserve, and if you have any questions or run into a problem, let us know so that we can help! Everyone here is friendly and caring and sincerely wants you to succeed and come to love it as much as we do.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #658
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Deb, Tina, F5er, NewMe2012! And MLE - I don't think I got to officially welcome you! all new JUDDD buds!!!

Read, read, read, the forum, ask any questions, and don't abandon ship if something isn't working - just post a thread on the forum and let all the JUDDDsters help you find the solution!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #659
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Read, read, read, the forum, ask any questions, and don't abandon ship if something isn't working - just post a thread on the forum and let all the JUDDDsters help you find the solution!
Wonderful advice!! Thanks!!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:11 AM   #660
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KJ-43
Stats: HW 279 197/190.5/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 10/30/06 ,restart 1/2/14

Hello I started lurking 2 weeks ago to get well informed on this woe and decided to give it a try. I was suppose to start last week but decided to give myself another week to be more informed and to get some things from the groceries. Would you know that I weighed in today 5.5lbs less and I believe its b/c I started adding fruit and yogurt into my diet but who knows. I am glad to be here and my number are 517/2000 but I may adjust to 600 on dd we will just have to see how the first one will go. My lowest weight was 169 and after looking at some pictures from then I decided that was to small for my frame so I am setting my goal at 180 then I will go from there. Well I will post often and asked question especially when the water weight gain comes so I don't get discouraged b/c it took me awhile to get below 200 again and I just hate the thought of going back there.

Oh I forgot my name is Karen but you can call me KJ and I am 48 and married with my dd being 28 and my ds being 20 and in over a years time managed to gain 40pounds back due to an illness that stressed my body and caused me pain to the point that I could not exercise and that kind of had me depressed so I ate. The doctors really didn't cure me I just decided to work through the pain and be in charge of my own health so here I am.

kj

1/2/14- 197
1/9/141 190.5
Closed Thread