Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #601
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome Wine2, mattsmama, janetsbreeze, theredhead,
KeirasMom, sophiethecat and especially Beeb-y Baby!!!!!! How are ya chickie?
It's been a while..... Your avatar is amazing!

Welcome to all the newbies joining along with me-- I'm sure we'll all have great
success!
I just my Pami!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2012, 02:41 AM   #602
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Welcome to all the new people - here's to your success!! (and all the rest of us too!)
Old 01-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #603
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
to all the newbies! Wow, we are growing by leaps. How exciting
Old 01-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #604
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Wanted to pop in and add my WELCOME to all the newbies and new *returnies* who are joining us and adding to the excited happy crowd!

This is certainly a growing forum group, and I guess that's what happens when WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS happens, especially when it's in combination with EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT.

I'm always happy to see all the new faces. If any of you need any help, just ask. Everyone is friendly and helpful here. And if you run into any problems, just holler, 'cause most of us have faced some confusing thing along the way, and there's always folks to help guide you.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Welcome to all the new faces!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #606
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: justapinch
Stats: 230/194/160?
WOE: JUDDD 1/8/12!
Start Date: Oct 2010
I'm starting this weekend, and am quite nervous. After a year and a half or so of low carb, it's going to be so bizarre to be looking at calories and not carbs! Wish me luck, wedding in october... :-)
Old 01-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #607
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
Start Date: 12/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by justapinch View Post
I'm starting this weekend, and am quite nervous. After a year and a half or so of low carb, it's going to be so bizarre to be looking at calories and not carbs! Wish me luck, wedding in october... :-)
I know right? I was on lowcarb for 5 years and JUDDD almost 2 weeks and it is so ENJOYABLE not being afraid to eat carbs anymore!!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #608

Quote:
Originally Posted by justapinch View Post
Welcome! I'll bet you make the carbs to calories transition pretty easily. It's a bit more to do right at the beginning, and then it come faster and easier.

Did you have good luck and good weight loss on your year and a half of low carb? JUDDD is a bit different than the very low carb plans in that you may regain some water weight once again (with the resulting uptick on the scale) if you start including carbs back into your diet, but it's not FAT weight, and the fat will melt away slowly but steadily on JUDDD until you are slim and lovely, all while you're enjoying some mighty fine eats along the way!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #609
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dodahdeb
Stats: 209/122
Start Date: 01/05/12
After RAVE reviews from "theredhead" I have decided to come over to the dark side and use this WOE to maintain the 85 pounds that I have lost on hcg. I have been able to maintain (semi) for the last 2 years using a high fat low carb diet but this sounds like a WOE that will make me feel less deprived. It also may be the answer to keep me from having food binges, which I am known to do.

Wouldnt it be great to never have to do another maintenance round with hcg. However, hcg was a life saver for me!

I am trying to figure out how this WOE will work for maintenance. I am currently at 119 pounds and do not want to lose any more weight. My goal is to stay below 125 for life. So now I just have to figure out a good range between my up days and down days to make me maintain preferrably around 122 (my feel good weight).

I am guessing with all the expertise around here that I will have lots of help.

Last edited by dodahdeb; 01-06-2012 at 08:09 PM..
Old 01-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #610
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Becklynn
Stats: 259/256/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: January 2012
Tentative

I have just recently recommitted myself to losing weight after a very scary visit with my doctor who told me that my weight is way too high, and my blood sugar levels are pre-diabetic. I lost my grandma (dad's side) to a stroke following quadruple bypass surgery at only 59, and my dad had his first heart attack at 50, and quadruple bypass at 59. I DON'T WANT TO DIE. I know that I quickly lose weight on low carb, but it is so hard to stick with when I am cooking for a family of six, and I am the only one who is limiting carbs. After reading all of the entries here, and researching a similar carb cycling WOE, I think that I might give it a try. I have already reached the point in LC dieting that I rarely want to eat, so it would be very easy to start with a DD. I am just terrified of undoing the few pounds that I have dumped. Oh well, at least I am at the beginning of my loss, so if it does creep up, I'm not out that much, and I can just switch back. However, if it works as well as everyone is raving that it does, I should be fine.

UD limit 2275
DD limit 455
Old 01-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #611
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: OndoGirl
Stats: 242/195.6/135
WOE: JUDDD 1800/0-700
Start Date: ATKINS 10-2011/ JUDDD 1-2012 (SW: 217)
Hi Everyone!!
I have been stalking the JUDDD section for awhile now LOL!! I have been intrigued especially since I realized that this time around on low carb/Atkins I have to really monitor my caloric intake, also the recommended 1600-1800 calories per day was too much.

So, I started JUDDD on Tuesday (I don't know why I chose such an odd day, I just was not hungry that day so I did an easy DD). Today is my second DD this week. I would like to continue to limit my carb intake, and I am working on my ideal UD number.

My stats:
Weight: 215.6
Height: 5-5
UD: 2064 (official JUDD Website, aiming for 1700-1800? Don't want to go to low)
DD: 413 (500 during induction)

After my first DD I lost 2 lbs, so that is encouraging!!

I am definitely open to suggestions..Good luck to everyone!
Old 01-07-2012, 05:18 AM   #612
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodahdeb View Post
After RAVE reviews from "theredhead" I have decided to come over to the dark side and use this WOE to maintain the 85 pounds that I have lost on hcg.

Wouldnt it be great to never have to do another maintenance round with hcg. However, hcg was a life saver for me!
Yep..."theredhead" ROCKS
Glad you came to the dark side!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becklynn View Post
I have just recently recommitted myself to losing weight after a very scary visit with my doctor who told me that my weight is way too high, and my blood sugar levels are pre-diabetic.
UD limit 2275
DD limit 455

Sorry for all the recent troubles. Glad you are here, and feel free to ask whatever you need to! This is the most wonderful group of folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OndoGirl View Post
Hi Everyone!!
I have been stalking the JUDDD section for awhile now LOL!! I have been intrigued especially since I realized that this time around on low carb/Atkins I have to really monitor my caloric intake, also the recommended 1600-1800 calories per day was too much.
My stats:

, and congrats on the loss already! Good job!
How about 1850 on your UD, and 500 on your DD? You will find that we all tweak a little after getting comfortable with this woe.

So happy to see all these new faces!
Old 01-07-2012, 05:31 AM   #613
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: OndoGirl
Stats: 242/195.6/135
WOE: JUDDD 1800/0-700
Start Date: ATKINS 10-2011/ JUDDD 1-2012 (SW: 217)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmama View Post
, and congrats on the loss already! Good job!
How about 1850 on your UD, and 500 on your DD? You will find that we all tweak a little after getting comfortable with this woe.

So happy to see all these new faces!
Hiya!!! That sounds very doable....thanks for the great advice!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:13 AM   #614
KAS
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KAS
Stats: 326/298.5/150
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: June 2009
Welcome to all of my fellow Newbies! I am only on day 10 but it is a great WOE so far, hopefully we will all have great success in 2012 with JUDDD.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #615

You Folks are going to love it!

When you wrap up the health benefits of fasting (semi-fasting) with the weight loss aspect of calorie reduction and control, with the flexibility of arranging your diet to always allow you to be free to enjoy fine mealtime occasions with others, with the freedom to make your menus include any foods in the world you want to eat, that's One Pretty Great Plan!

This is finally a way to be able to relax and not have to focus on dieting all the time. This is finally a plan that allows anything every other day, so there is no longer any reason to have to cheat. This plan is simple and easy and has no rules except that you set and then respect your calorie numbers. After that, relax and let the magic happen.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #616
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
to all our newest JUDDD BUDDDs!

Be sure to post any and all questions and comments you may have! We aim to help and to share in the joys of your success!
Old 01-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #617
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
After RAVE reviews from "theredhead" I have decided to come over to the dark side and use this WOE to maintain the 85 pounds that I have lost on hcg. I have been able to maintain (semi) for the last 2 years using a high fat low carb diet but this sounds like a WOE that will make me feel less deprived. It also may be the answer to keep me from having food binges, which I am known to do.

I am trying to figure out how this WOE will work for maintenance. I am currently at 119 pounds and do not want to lose any more weight. My goal is to stay below 125 for life. So now I just have to figure out a good range between my up days and down days to make me maintain preferrably around 122 (my feel good weight).

I am guessing with all the expertise around here that I will have lots of help.
Deb,

I am so so happy to see you over here!

I'm thinking you will maintain just fine as long as you have your UD/DD numbers in check. Knowing you, I have no doubt you'll have it down pat in no time.

I also feel very grateful that the HCG protocol brought me to the point where I am, but really did not want to do another maintenance round!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS View Post
Welcome to all of my fellow Newbies! I am only on day 10 but it is a great WOE so far, hopefully we will all have great success in 2012 with JUDDD.

I feel certain that 2012 is going to be the year of more success stories from our JUDDD BUDDDs, as it was in 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OndoGirl View Post
Hi Everyone!!

So, I started JUDDD on Tuesday (I don't know why I chose such an odd day, I just was not hungry that day so I did an easy DD). Today is my second DD this week. I would like to continue to limit my carb intake, and I am working on my ideal UD number.

My stats:

Glad you stopped stalking and came in to post!!

I chose a Wednesday for no apparent reason to start JUDDD, so Tuesday was just as good!

Gracie's Journal
Old 01-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #618
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dodahdeb
Stats: 209/122
Start Date: 01/05/12
Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Hey Gracie, didnt recognize your screen name "giggle"

Well yesterday was a down day but I gained a pound. Hmmm, I think I just need to rely on protocol type menu and quit trying to hit my 500 calories by eating non protocol items (protocol meaning pounds and inches guidelines). I thought that I would have an easy time on the down days because of being used to the 500 calorie menu's but for some reason I'm having a hard time sticking to the 500 calories. I think it's mainly because I'm not at a weight that I am unhappy at so I dont have the mental motivation. This is always my problem. I can be very motivated when I need to lose but when I'm working on maintaining I tend to have a harder time staying true to my plan. I just have to keep telling my self "self, it is only limited every other day".

Went to Applebees last night and had one of their under 550 calorie meals and tried to have that be my only meal for the day (didnt happen). I do know that there was a lot of sodium in the meal but OMG it was good.

Hmmm, maybe this isnt the place to write this kind of thing. Just tell this newby where I need to write these kind of rants and I'll make sure to go to the right place. thanks everyone!
Old 01-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #619
Senior LCF Member

Welcome all Newbies! I'm sorta one, too, and I want to tell you (and shout it to the world) that since JUDDD I have lost 7# in only 12 days. You CAN do it, too!
Old 01-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #620

Deb, mostly we just open a new thread and *talk* there, but don't worry about it.

I expect your gain in scale weight is merely water weight gain, and that happens to almost all of us when we start JUDDD, because we've been deprived for so long that we tend to add in some of the carbs we've been missing and... instant weight fluctuation.

Mostly, we just don't worry about it. Water weight is just the body storing a bit of carb fuel in liver and muscle tissues, not FAT, and losing the fat or maintaining so it doesn't come back again is what we're a whole lot more interested in, rather than a reading on a scale that can't be detected by anyone else. LOL

And it comes back off too, so.. as I said, we don't worry about it.

(Glad your supper was so delish! Ain't it grand?!!! )
Old 01-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Went to Applebees last night and had one of their under 550 calorie meals and tried to have that be my only meal for the day (didnt happen). I do know that there was a lot of sodium in the meal but OMG it was good.
I just went and looked at Applebees website...didn't know about the 550-calorie meals. Looks like something I'll want to try!
Old 01-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
On day 4 now and so far so good!

everyone!
Old 01-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Hmmm, maybe this isnt the place to write this kind of thing. Just tell this newby where I need to write these kind of rants and I'll make sure to go to the right place. thanks everyone!
I think the WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: How are You Doing Today? is a good place for daily ups & downs, frustrations, questions, etc. Or, as Pat said, start a new thread!

Welcome and congrats on the 85lb loss & 2-year maintenance!!!

& good luck to all the other newbies, too!!!!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #624
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am also a lurker and finally decided to follow one of my challenge gorup members over here. Lil miss and I have been in a samll group for many years and we both need a new approach. I gained all of my weight loss back a couple of years ago due to foot surgery. I think I have lugged it around long enough so today was my first
DD. Survived so I have plotted and planned my next weeks menues on ****** and I am ready to lose.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #625

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I am also a lurker and finally decided to follow one of my challenge gorup members over here. Lil miss and I have been in a samll group for many years and we both need a new approach. I gained all of my weight loss back a couple of years ago due to foot surgery. I think I have lugged it around long enough so today was my first
DD. Survived so I have plotted and planned my next weeks menues on ****** and I am ready to lose.
Welcome! This is getting to be a big happy family of losers! I know you'll love it. Glad you're here with us.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #626

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I swear I only blinked.

So wonderful to so many new folks joining the JUDDD brigade. Even experts like Pami.

I do hope you all find joy in eating all the wonderful foods available to us and yet seeing weight loss, or maintenance, whichever you need.

Like others here, I can only reiterate that you can ask anything here and get so much help and support.

Enjoy!
Old 01-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #627
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cookwithme65
Stats: 195/160/150
WOE: Low Carb - Atkins
Start Date: Process started in 2011, restart nov 2013
Been reading these JUDDD threads and I'm very interested. Im starting my second week of induction on Atkins today. Eventually I would like to move on to something more flexible as JUDDD. Seems very doable. Is there a certain point I should consider switchin over. Can you still incorporate lc in your woe. I lost 7.8 lbs this first week but I would like to lose 25 to 30 more. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Absolutely, you can incorporate LC with JUDDD!
Some people find they are less hungry on Down Days when they eat carbs on Up Days, but for others, carbs make us hungrier. Just about all of us seem to at least be able to tolerate a slightly higher level without regaining lots of weight or going off on a carb rampage!

If you are experiencing good appetite suppression with induction, I think you could start JUDDD right after you complete your 2nd week--DDs will be easier for you. Add carbs back in the way Atkins recommends, and observe how they affect your appetite/weight loss.

New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
Old 01-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #629
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Absolutely, you can incorporate LC with JUDDD!
Some people find they are less hungry on Down Days when they eat carbs on Up Days, but for others, carbs make us hungrier. Just about all of us seem to at least be able to tolerate a slightly higher level without regaining lots of weight or going off on a carb rampage!

If you are experiencing good appetite suppression with induction, I think you could start JUDDD right after you complete your 2nd week--DDs will be easier for you. Add carbs back in the way Atkins recommends, and observe how they affect your appetite/weight loss.

I agree...slowly incorporating a lot of carbs at least in the beginning is helping me too.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #630

Another one here who thinks PJ's advice is spot on. If you've only just started low carb, I do hope you will give it the full two weeks to deplete your body of water weight, and get yourself into ketosis nicely. If you get appetite suppression from ketosis, it will make your DDs easier if you are going to remain low carb. You can always add carbs back in. Make certain you really want to before you jump to that.

Welcome! I'm so glad you are thinking of joining us. This is a great place, and a whole lot of weight loss going on.
Closed Thread