Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 08:31 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alibaba
Stats: 240(pregnant)/176/165
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: 5/12/14
Hi everyone! I wanted to introduce myself too! I've been on Atkins off and on for the last 13 year or so, with success when I stick with it.

I had my first son in 2008, and lost 70 lbs after his birth with Atkins. I then had my daughter in 2010, and am still trying to get off all the baby weight. It seems so much harder this time around. I started out 10 lbs heavier, and gained an extra 10 with her. 63 nasty lbs to be exact, ugh. So I've got 10 more to lose to get pre-baby #2, plus another 20 on top of that to get to where I want to be.

I decided to try JUDDD along with my usual low carbing, just to see what happened. It's been 10 days, and I've lost 6 lbs! I'm super excited with my loss so far. I'm averaging about 1/2 lb a day, which I think is just awesome. I've been eating 500 cals a day on my DDs (using designer whey protein shakes), and about 2000 cals on my UDs (standard Atkins meals). Counting calories is a bit new to me, but doing the shakes has been an easy way to keep track on DDs.

My intention was to weigh after 2 weeks, and then decide if I was going to continue. If my weight loss continues at even half this rate, I'll be sticking with JUDDD for the long haul!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Gwyn, I know your experiences with JUDDD in the past will be a great addition to our gathering wealth of general experiences here on this new JUDDD Forum. This has become a pretty exciting and joyful place, and I'm so glad you are with us to help us all to goal, or in our maintenance years.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:10 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
alibaba[/B];15092097]Hi everyone! I wanted to introduce myself too! I've been on Atkins off and on for the last 13 year or so, with success when I stick with it.

I had my first son in 2008, and lost 70 lbs after his birth with Atkins. I then had my daughter in 2010, and am still trying to get off all the baby weight. It seems so much harder this time around. I started out 10 lbs heavier, and gained an extra 10 with her. 63 nasty lbs to be exact, ugh. So I've got 10 more to lose to get pre-baby #2, plus another 20 on top of that to get to where I want to be.

I decided to try JUDDD along with my usual low carbing, just to see what happened. It's been 10 days, and I've lost 6 lbs! I'm super excited with my loss so far. I'm averaging about 1/2 lb a day, which I think is just awesome. I've been eating 500 cals a day on my DDs (using designer whey protein shakes), and about 2000 cals on my UDs (standard Atkins meals). Counting calories is a bit new to me, but doing the shakes has been an easy way to keep track on DDs.

My intention was to weigh after 2 weeks, and then decide if I was going to continue. If my weight loss continues at even half this rate, I'll be sticking with JUDDD for the long haul!
Welcome! It's wonderful to see you over here and joining us as a new JUDDDer! I've seen you around, but it's even better to see you here.

And, WOW! You are really rockin' the JUDDD right off the bat. Great job!

None of us seem to have a clue about why low carb sometimes finally fails to give us any more (or extremely slow) weight loss. But that's been the case for quite a few of us here. But JUDDD seems to trigger a whole new ability to get some weight loss going again. And often this is in spite of adding more carbs back into our menus. Well, actually.. that adding some carbs thing can bring on some water weight gain again for us, but the thing is.. our bodies seem to thrive and be willing to release more body FAT.

Anyway, you are obviously doing a fabulous job and reaping the benefit of your calorie numbers and of doing the much-feared and reviled *Counting Calories* thing. And WHAM! WHOOSH! You are the most current one to be blessed with the JUDDD magic and some fun and fast weight loss!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #34
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis19 View Post
Hey y'all! I am not new to low carb or low carb friends. I am a frequent poster on the Blitz thread. But I have been reading some of the JUDDD posts and you all seem like a great group of folks.
Several years ago I lost 125 lbs by watching the types of carbs and their amounts. But in the past couple of years I've slowly gained a bit back due to some really stressful situations (getting my doctorate among them!). So, I'm trying to get back on track. For the past week I started a modified version of the Zig Zag method which is similar to JUDDD I believe. But I am also cycling fat and calories in addition to carbs. So far I lost 3 lbs in the first week so here's hoping it will continue to work as well.
to the group and JUDDD! So to have you here!! on the weight loss, isn't it wonderful when we finally find something that starts to get us going again?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibaba View Post
Hi everyone! I wanted to introduce myself too! I've been on Atkins off and on for the last 13 year or so, with success when I stick with it.

to JUDDD! I can see you are really JUDDD! It's just amazing, isn't it?! I have lost SO well on JUDDD I actually started to get a little thinking I could be sick, but it's just helped my metabolism kick in again, and it's seems like at the same speed as when I was in my 20s! How could you NOT love this!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 10-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Hey y'all!!! I (kinda) did it yesterday--a DD!!!

My goal for DDs is 800 calories (will go lower if I have to, but want to try a week there first) and yesterday I did 1030! Possibly a little less; had to guess at a couple things and rounded up. Could have easily cut 200 calories if I'd had a few convenience items on hand (Pam, fat free half-and-half) cuz I experimented with a couple of recipes and used butter and light cream.

Part of my problem with dieting, especially Weight Watchers in the past, is that I have a hard time falling asleep. I may eat all my calories/points by 8pm or 9pm, planning to go to bed around 11...and then not fall asleep until 3 or 4am. But I get so hungry, I have to eat something! Then I have to wake up at 6am, and compared to weekends when I sleep til 10 or 11, that just gives me extra hours to tear through my allotted food.

Anyway, one interesting thing I've noticed: on my DDs, I fantasize about food I'll eat the next day (hamburgers, peanut butter, quesadillas), then on my UD after a good breakfast I don't really have any cravings! I'm hopeful that in a few more days the fantasies will subside.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Hey y'all!!! I (kinda) did it yesterday--a DD!!!

My goal for DDs is 800 calories (will go lower if I have to, but want to try a week there first) and yesterday I did 1030! Possibly a little less; had to guess at a couple things and rounded up. Could have easily cut 200 calories if I'd had a few convenience items on hand (Pam, fat free half-and-half) cuz I experimented with a couple of recipes and used butter and light cream.

Part of my problem with dieting, especially Weight Watchers in the past, is that I have a hard time falling asleep. I may eat all my calories/points by 8pm or 9pm, planning to go to bed around 11...and then not fall asleep until 3 or 4am. But I get so hungry, I have to eat something! Then I have to wake up at 6am, and compared to weekends when I sleep til 10 or 11, that just gives me extra hours to tear through my allotted food.

Anyway, one interesting thing I've noticed: on my DDs, I fantasize about food I'll eat the next day (hamburgers, peanut butter, quesadillas), then on my UD after a good breakfast I don't really have any cravings! I'm hopeful that in a few more days the fantasies will subside.
Welcome to the early days of JUDDD! We've all reported noticing that thing about feeling hungry on a DD and thinking about all the delicious foods we're free to eat the next day, only to have the next day arrive and find we're not as hungry as we supposed we'd be. And after awhile, that seems to go away. I guess it's the habit of our brain, and our established body rhythm, that is goading us, and when we work on simply establishing a new habitual way of eating, it isn't long before our brain adapts to that, and sends out its signals in accordance with the new time schedule.

I had to work myself down in calories to be able to do good and true Down Days too. But it didn't take long to get used to, and OH, MY... the benefits were so wonderful for me. Not just weight loss, but my whole feeling of well being and related vitality and joy in life.

And yeah.. I have one shelf in my refrigerator that is stuff that I rely on to help me keep calories low on DDs, which helps me be able to eat more *sturdy* meals to help keep me satisfied. So lots of whole eggs on UDs, and egg whites mixed with Eggbeaters on DDs. I'd never used an Eggbeater in my life before this. -- We go through pounds of real butter in our house, but I also sometimes use a bit of fat free *I Can't Believe it's Not Butter* stuff on DDs to save some calories. I use sugar substitutes on DDs to save calories, but these days I also sometimes use the real thing on UDs.

Are you a person who is hungry in the mornings? Or one who can easily skip breakfast and not eat until midday? The reason I ask is, I am the latter, and I am a person who wants to eat later in the evenings too. Knowing this is my naturally occurring circadian rhythm pattern, for both sleeping and feeding, (I'm a night owl too) I respect it and adapt my general feeding to this natural part of my physical being rather than fight it.

When I bought into the *You have to eat breakfast* mantra, and the *You mustn't ever eat in the evenings* mantra, I ended up really screwing myself up. When I finally listened to my own inner rhythms again (as I had most of my slim life) I found much greater success.

I guess all of this to say, maybe you need to plan for a great deal of your daily calorie fuel intake to be in the later day through later evening hours too. Do you think that is something your body would like to be able to receive?
Old 10-16-2011, 12:01 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes...I can pretty much delay/skip breakfast and sometimes even lunch...especially if I have a cup of coffee or tea with cream.

The only thing is, my blood glucose is high in the morning and STRANGELY, does not go down at all for hours if I don't eat (I've experimented); but when I eat a low carb, high protein breakfast, my BG goes down 20 or more points. My guess is that since the liver can make glucose (hepatic gluconeogenesis) while one is sleeping or fasting, eating gives it a signal to stop, and perhaps digestion uses up some of the circulating glucose.

My preferred eating schedule--at least, when counting calories--is to skip breakfast, have a light lunch, and have enough calories left over for a filling dinner and a couple of snacks in case I can't fall asleep. I can easily eat half or more of my calories after 6pm. I can handle being mildly hungry during the day but I get very agitated, irritable, and restless if I am hungry at night.

For the last month or so, I had been doing the "leptin reset" breakfast (50g protein) and was not hungry until dinner; it felt like overall I was eating less food per day (wasn't tracking calories) but wasn't losing weight.

So...I know what I'd like to do, I just don't know what will work best for weight loss!

Thanks for all your suggestions, Pat!

Last edited by piratejenny; 10-16-2011 at 12:08 PM..
Old 10-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Hi PJ!
Its lovely to have you over here on our juddd thread! I love your profile pic...you look so happy and carefree!

I was interested in your comments about having to eat late at night.

I am just the same! I can manage happily on coffee until lunch or later....but I need to have plenty of snacks for the evening.

My eating doesnt usually end for the day until about 12pm!

UD or DD...I do most of my scoffing after 5pm.....for instance, last night saw me at 11.45 eating a large bowl of pork scratchings...and some peanut M&m's!

It WAS an UD!

Tonight, I will be having a big DD muffin, and perhaps some gluc pud, just before bed.

For me...having a tasty treat to look forward to at the end of the day, keeps my on plan during the day!

I have lost 7lbs since starting Juddd on 30 August...a nice steady lb a week....which I am over the moon with, esp as goal is only 2lbs away!

I ate this way on low fat/high carb....Atkins low carb...and now juddd.

its the way I always eat...even when not dieting.

You asked what way of eating works best for weight loss...IMO, one that suits the way YOU like to eat!

Looking forward to seeing you post often here!

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Old 10-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #39

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Yes...I can pretty much delay/skip breakfast and sometimes even lunch...especially if I have a cup of coffee or tea with cream.

The only thing is, my blood glucose is high in the morning and STRANGELY, does not go down at all for hours if I don't eat (I've experimented); but when I eat a low carb, high protein breakfast, my BG goes down 20 or more points. My guess is that since the liver can make glucose (hepatic gluconeogenesis) while one is sleeping or fasting, eating gives it a signal to stop, and perhaps digestion uses up some of the circulating glucose.

My preferred eating schedule--at least, when counting calories--is to skip breakfast, have a light lunch, and have enough calories left over for a filling dinner and a couple of snacks in case I can't fall asleep. I can easily eat half or more of my calories after 6pm. I can handle being mildly hungry during the day but I get very agitated, irritable, and restless if I am hungry at night.

For the last month or so, I had been doing the "leptin reset" breakfast (50g protein) and was not hungry until dinner; it felt like overall I was eating less food per day (wasn't tracking calories) but wasn't losing weight.

So...I know what I'd like to do, I just don't know what will work best for weight loss!

Thanks for all your suggestions, Pat!
That's really interesting.

Your eating schedule, that's pretty much like I am. I can be hungry in the daytime, but hungry after dark is like being a monster. I read elsewhere how you will sometimes stay up till 3 am and get hungry. Totally understand THAT. If I don't eat a fatty snack before bed I can almost guarantee I'll wake up mid-sleep and not bet back to sleep without a snack or beverage.

I'd LIKE to try the Leptin Reset Breakfast But I find it So Difficult to eat first thing upon waking. Maybe because I go to bed with some protein/fat caloreis, but If I don't I can't sleep(well). I guess a Whey Protein Shake would work just as well for the Morning Protein?
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
Old 10-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, Joedi!
That is actually a rather old photo, but I like to visualize myself fit & happy...with the goal of getting back to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
I'd LIKE to try the Leptin Reset Breakfast But I find it So Difficult to eat first thing upon waking. Maybe because I go to bed with some protein/fat caloreis, but If I don't I can't sleep(well). I guess a Whey Protein Shake would work just as well for the Morning Protein?
Dr Kruse is kind of harsh on this, but he says if what you're doing isn't working, then you need to try something different--even if you don't like it!

I'm not usually hungry in the morning but I was able to do it. I just took my time...sometimes it would take me 30-45 minutes to eat my food, but I tried to eat ASAP after I woke up, as per the plan. I had best results staying full by eating "real" meat: hamburger, Italian pork sausages, chicken. I couldn't eat enough eggs to get to 50g!

You could try whey protein but Dr Kruse doesn't recommend it as it's "insulinogenic" for many people. YMMV. If I did a protein shake, instead of using 2 scoops of whey I would just use one, add a couple of eggs and take a handful of liver pills to reach the 50g.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #41

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Well, it's not a matter of not working. I just would like to see if the high protein breakfast could help me adjust to not needing to eat so late.

I'm perfectly fine not eating breakfast,and eating the bulk of my meals later in the day. it's just eating late tends to skew my next mornings weigh. But then again, I don't take one days weigh as more important than the trend so it hasn't really been a problem at all. It worked for Low Carb, and for HCG and seems to be working for JUDDD as well.

I don't mind eggs in my shake, that's not a bad idea. and I like dinner for breakky so meat breakfasts are just fine by me.

I'm an experimenter, I'm always trying new and different things, even if don't necessarily apply to my situation. I'll consider it. I had read a bit about leptin reset but didn't think it applied to me as such, but liked the idea of a protein breakfast cutting appetite all day, and while, like I mentioned before, daytime hunger is not as big a deal for me, I'm wondering if then I eat an earlier dinner would the effect linger on to later at night before bedtime. . . If not it's no big deal.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Hey everybody!

I am new here, but certainly not new to LCF! I started Atkins last July, and I have lost 72 pounds. But man, has my weight loss been SLOW for about the last 9 mons or so. I have had to fight tooth and nail to drop any weight, and I have been stalled for AGES, bouncing around the same 2 or so kilos (4 pound range). I have been so frustrated. I just did a re-induction and ended up at more or less the same weight I was when I started. I have about 25 pounds left to lose (maybe only 20 or as many as 30...it depends what I look like when I get down there!). I am *SO close* and have come *SO FAR* and I just can't wait to get this weight off once and for all! Don't get me wrong, low carb has been a miracle for me and I look more fabulous than I could have ever dreamed in my pre-low carb life. But I have not crossed the finish line yet. And I cannot *STAND* to not finish what I start.

Then I came across a post by SoHappy in the general section of the forum, and her situation sounded similar to mine. I have since gotten some great (and inspiring) advice from several people (beeb, joedi, sophiethecat) and they have convinced me to give JUDDD a try!

Wow, I am excited (but scared, too!). The possibility of introducing previously 'forbidden' foods scares me (but excites me too!). I am also a little scared of the DDs, but I think I can handle it. I just have to try them out and see what works.

Mentally, it feels like this is the right thing to do (we'll see in 2 weeks or so!). I feel hopeful for the first time in a quite a while! I am hoping this is going to be just the thing for me...

So here goes! It is an UP DAY for me tomorrow and the prospect of eating *anything* I want (and 1908 calories of it) is amazing and terrifying at the same time! Wish me luck!
Old 10-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck stardustshadow! Enjoy your UD! My first UD I was a bit scared too, so I stuck mainly to my low carb favs, and added in one higher carb item as a treat at the end of the day.
It kind of eased me in gently....and by having the treat later on in the day, I had no urge to over eat more of it!
The next UD I felt a bit more confident. There suddenly seems so many choices for the taking , but remember, if you don't eat them all on THIS UD, the next is only 24 hours away!
Looking at how well you have done on low carb, I just know you will totally rock juddd!
Can't wait to hear how it went!
Hugs
Jo
X
Old 10-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
There suddenly seems so many choices for the taking
So true! It's actually super exciting for me, having been a strict LCer for the past two years (minus the horrible binge months). I am *so* ready to add back in a few foods that are really not too bad carb/calories wise that I felt stalled me before.

For example, it's my DD and yet I allowed myself to have 1/2 of an 87% cacoa bar for the first time in months! At only 125 calories it was a super awesome "treat", and yet it's 9.5g total carbs (not even net!) would have been too high for my LC-only plan. On an UD I also plan on bringing back one of my staples when I first lost a bunch of weight two years ago: a warmed up low carb tortilla w/ laughing cow cheese spread on it. Yum.

Even with the chocolate, I clocked in 80 calories under my 500 calorie limit. I have a feeling I could get very used to this WOE.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Jumping in here to say hi. I posted this morning that I had been reading up and was considering this WOE, well since there wasn't alot to eat in the house because I needed to go grocery shopping (i have teen boys and we just came out of a weekend ) I decided to start right off with a dd. I managed to stay right at 500 calories. I was a little hungry, but nothing that I can't handle. As a busy mom to five kids (oldest 16, youngest 3) there are lots of times that i get so busy to eat that sometimes i just am hungry. The problem for me has always just making the right choices to solve the hunger and grabbing the easiest, quickest thing.

I went grocery shopping today, got lots of great stuff, and stocked back up on veggies for dd's. I originally planned on doing shakes for dd's but realized that I would rather just do salads and veggies and real food (especially after pricing out the shakes).

I plan on eating 2000 calories tomorrow for my ud and going to keep it moderate carb but did pick up my favorite crusty sour dough from Trader Joe's today to have a mozarella tomatoe grilled sandwich for lunch tomorrow. I can't wait, the idea of that kept me on track of my dd today.

I look forward to hanging out and getting to know this WOE and see how it works for me. I am ready to get rid of the final 70 pounds and finally get to goal again. I have gained weight with each kid, losing the most weight between kid #2 and kid #3 and got within 30 pounds of goal between kids #4 and #5. Up until last year I had pretty much given up and figured I would be big forever. Thats when I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a few years and she looked great. Not skinny but ALOT thinner and her and I are very similarly shaped, She told me she did it on atkins so that is why I jumped in and tried. I went from 265 to 220 in a little over 2 months on it, but got stuck right where I am for over a month and sort of gave up. i managed to stay within 10 pounds of that for the entire year when I decided to restart in Sept. I got off the extra weight I had put on pretty quickly but again got STUCK at 220. Grrrr, hoping that JUDDD will reset my skinny gene and get me into my skinny jeans.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like you have it sorted emky! I also have a treat on my Dd's, choccie usually featuring in there somewhere! And having a favorite higher carb food to look forward to on your UD makes any DD hunger much easier. For me it's a few peanut m&m's, and a homemade scone at the mInute!

And WELCOME Chloe! You have done amazingly well to lose so much weight so far, esp while cooking for 5 children! I have 2 teenage sons, and they are like food locusts!
They ate most of my DD muffin yesterday.... and I was blaming the cats!

For many of us, juddd is where we turned to lose our last few pounds, and it works beautifully, whilst allowing us to eat in the real world!

Keep us posted on your progress both of you!

Hugs
Jo
X

Last edited by Joedi; 10-18-2011 at 12:21 AM..
Old 10-18-2011, 03:18 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
They ate most of my DD muffin yesterday.... and I was blaming the cats!
X
How do you make a DD muffin? I'm sure it's in the recipe thread, but I don't have time to search for it atm. I have a presentation at 8am- bletch!
Old 10-18-2011, 04:13 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
How do you make a DD muffin? I'm sure it's in the recipe thread, but I don't have time to search for it atm. I have a presentation at 8am- bletch!
page 25 post 745 on the JUDDD recipes thread

IDK if that's the recipe Joedi uses, but it's one to get you started! have a great day!
Old 10-18-2011, 04:35 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have to say, after 1.5 years of eating low carb, getting my 1908 cals today (on my first upday!) is already feeling challenging! But in a fun way! I am trying to stick to moderate carbs (so many things to enjoy without going overboard!), so I have to find ways to get many of the calories from protein and fat.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:10 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Heres the original recipe...as designed by our wonderful Ouizoid!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...olate-omm.html

It is in lots of threads...and it has been well tweeked...but I would recommend starting with the original....your own tweeks are bound to evolve over time!

So much muffin...for so little calories....it is a great DD helper!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-18-2011, 06:25 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Queenie324
Stats: 249.9/194/150 5'7
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 10/18/11
Hi everyone! I'm new to JUDDD but not to LCF. I lost 70 lbs last year after going thru a devasting divorce on my part, however I stopped losing around May this past summer and just tried to maintain throughout the summer. I gained 9 lbs.

I have 49 lbs to get to my goal weight of 150, however I'd be thrilled if I saw 145 on the scale secretively.

I lost and regained weight doing Atkins 9 years ago. I exercise very little however want to begin incorporating this into my routine, mostly for the health benefits. I know I will feel better when I do......it's getting going and keeping it a habit which becomes part of my routine.

I am excited to see how well everyone is doing on JUDDD. While I'm not crazy about counting calories, after Beep and SoHappy explained it becomes second nature just like LC, I decided to give it a try, and I decided to start right now!!!!

You all are a great source of inspiration, and I am looking forward to your support and continued enthusiasm.

Barb

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. - Phillippians 4:13

I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:10 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie324 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new to JUDDD but not to LCF. I lost 70 lbs last year after going thru a devasting divorce on my part, however I stopped losing around May this past summer and just tried to maintain throughout the summer. I gained 9 lbs.

I have 49 lbs to get to my goal weight of 150, however I'd be thrilled if I saw 145 on the scale secretively.

I lost and regained weight doing Atkins 9 years ago. I exercise very little however want to begin incorporating this into my routine, mostly for the health benefits. I know I will feel better when I do......it's getting going and keeping it a habit which becomes part of my routine.

I am excited to see how well everyone is doing on JUDDD. While I'm not crazy about counting calories, after Beep and SoHappy explained it becomes second nature just like LC, I decided to give it a try, and I decided to start right now!!!!

You all are a great source of inspiration, and I am looking forward to your support and continued enthusiasm.

Barb
Queenie, welcome and happy JUDDD day number 1. We are starting on the same day, how cool is that! We also have similar stories...my top weight is nearly the same as yours, and I also lost around 70 pounds on LC! Lets go for goal together with JUDDD!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMgosh, we are the same height, too...and have the same goal weight Funny!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:22 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post
Queenie, welcome and happy JUDDD day number 1. We are starting on the same day, how cool is that! We also have similar stories...my top weight is nearly the same as yours, and I also lost around 70 pounds on LC! Lets go for goal together with JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post
OMgosh, we are the same height, too...and have the same goal weight Funny!
That is great!! I'm with you on this!!! I just had two eggs with a half bagel. I feel funny eating a bagel lol! My DD cal is 497, UP is 1927.

I am using ****** to track my calories. We'll see how that goes!!!

I am very excited. Let's see how well we can do!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:26 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
So true! It's actually super exciting for me, having been a strict LCer for the past two years (minus the horrible binge months). I am *so* ready to add back in a few foods that are really not too bad carb/calories wise that I felt stalled me before.
I hadn't LCd nearly as long as you, but I understand the readiness to add back in some more foods!

Quote:
For example, it's my DD and yet I allowed myself to have 1/2 of an 87% cacoa bar for the first time in months! At only 125 calories it was a super awesome "treat", and yet it's 9.5g total carbs (not even net!) would have been too high for my LC-only plan. On an UD I also plan on bringing back one of my staples when I first lost a bunch of weight two years ago: a warmed up low carb tortilla w/ laughing cow cheese spread on it. Yum.

Even with the chocolate, I clocked in 80 calories under my 500 calorie limit. I have a feeling I could get very used to this WOE.

Yayy for chocolate!!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:32 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
I originally planned on doing shakes for dd's but realized that I would rather just do salads and veggies and real food (especially after pricing out the shakes).
Hi Kris4Chloe! I do mostly real food on DD too. Those shakes are so expensive and I don't know if I can feel full on a liquid. I use an EAS low carb shake now and again when I'm on the go. They would keep me going when I had a long stretch between meals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
I plan on eating 2000 calories tomorrow for my ud and going to keep it moderate carb but did pick up my favorite crusty sour dough from Trader Joe's today to have a mozarella tomatoe grilled sandwich for lunch tomorrow. I can't wait, the idea of that kept me on track of my dd today.
MMMMmmm I love me a good thick slab of lightly toasted sourdough bread with a layer of butter! Your sandwich sounds awesome. Enjoy it!!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Queenie/Barb!! It's exciting that so many are starting JUDDD too! I have been at it about a week now. And yes, the counting calories part starts to become easy. Do you use a program to keep track like ******?
Old 10-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Hi Queenie/Barb!! It's exciting that so many are starting JUDDD too! I have been at it about a week now. And yes, the counting calories part starts to become easy. Do you use a program to keep track like ******?
Sophie thank you and yes I am using ******. I just entered all my info in there this morning. I am going home tonight and take my measurements so I can track them also.

I will only weigh in on Monday. We are having a biggest loser challenge here at work and weigh in is Monday. I don't own a scale as I am a scale jumper so I just don't have one.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:58 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie324 View Post
That is great!! I'm with you on this!!! I just had two eggs with a half bagel. I feel funny eating a bagel lol! My DD cal is 497, UP is 1927.

I am using ****** to track my calories. We'll see how that goes!!!

I am very excited. Let's see how well we can do!!!
I know, right!? I had a ciabatta bun this morning (with my eggs!)and felt really odd about eating it.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:48 AM   #60
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
To ALL the new comers to JUDDD! I KNOW you guys will find this WOE as amazing as we all do, and I KNOW I'll never go back to eating any other way!

I want you all to remember just one thing for right now: You MAY gain a few pounds from your first couple of UDs. It happens to all of us who have done VLC. It's our bodies holding onto water weight from the re-introduced carbs.

Don't . By your 3rd DD you will see that weight off and usually taking more weight with it! Be patient, eat up to or near your calories for you DDs and UDs, and let JUDDD work it's magic on you
!

Go glad to have you all here and REALLY looking forward to seeing how well you all are going to be doing!
Closed Thread