Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
More or less. I could lose at the most those last maybe 5 pounds I didn't get off before I stopped the hcg. Is that doable? How will JUDDD work then when I am at goal and need to just maintain. Would there still be UD's and DD's? I guess I didn't get that part.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #482
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
More or less. I could lose at the most those last maybe 5 pounds I didn't get off before I stopped the hcg. Is that doable? How will JUDDD work then when I am at goal and need to just maintain. Would there still be UD's and DD's? I guess I didn't get that part.
Yes, there are UDs and DDs forever, but they are quite a bit different than those same days when we're losing the weight. We have a lot more freedom in the end to keep low DDs and increase the calories on our UDs.. to have really lavish UDs, if we'd like that. Or, we can add to the DDs, so they aren't as scant, if we'd like not to do fasting at quite as low a level anymore. Once you're at your goal, you will add some calories back in until you find the balance that maintains you. And you are freer to distribute those calories however suits you best.

What I'm hoping you will understand is more the fact about gaining weight that has nothing to do with body fat. On other weight loss sites where folks do JUDDD, when dieters have NOT been doing low carb before starting JUDDD, they are starting at the point of having water stores already within their bodies, so they don't get hit with those water weight gains that folks on LCF coming to JUDDD usually have to face. It shocks and disappoints some of the folks here. I think sometimes folks are somehow thinking they can add carbs back in and somehow the water weight will still stay away, but it just doesn't work like that. LOL

Here we are often pretty empty of water weight when we start JUDDD, and then when we add the carbs back in, even not too many carbs... we see some pounds showing back up on the scale. If we are more aghast at a number than we are of actual body fat, and I think that is pretty displaced, but it is going to be very discouraging if you can't wrap your mind around the truth of it.. that it isn't FAT. You aren't any fatter this morning than you were yesterday morning. In fact, you may be less fat, even if the scale shows you've gained some weight. If you've lost fat but gained water, the scale may not reveal that fat loss to you at all. But the tape measure may be what can show you a slimmer waist, sleeker thighs...

I guess I'm just afraid that, yes.. you will gain weight when you add more carbs back into your diet on JUDDD. And I want you to be able to accept that without terror. It's not fat, it's not fat, it's not fat.

I guess part of the equation is this: What is your *true* weight? Is it your very low carb dried out weight? Or your carbed up weight which includes some water?
Old 11-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #483
Senior LCF Member

You explained that pretty well. I am going to give it a try. I will try not to panic. lol I understand though that a person cannot gain 3 pounds of "fat" overnight. It has got to be water weight, I agree. I will look to you for guideance when I feel things have gotten out of control.

Thank you
Old 11-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #484

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
You explained that pretty well. I am going to give it a try. I will try not to panic. lol I understand though that a person cannot gain 3 pounds of "fat" overnight. It has got to be water weight, I agree. I will look to you for guideance when I feel things have gotten out of control.

Thank you
I'll bet you are going to do just great.

And here's another thing to keep in mind. Regardless of what number the scale shows you each morning, your are whatever size you are... Whether the scale is 2 pounds down in the morning or 2 pounds up, those bounces in water weight from the fill and release, fill and release of water weight within us (working as Mother Nature designed, I might add) won't be noticed in the mirror, won't be felt in the fit of your clothing, won't be evident to those who greet you each day.

So when you come to terms with that, you are then free to enjoy all the Holidays and feasts, the parties and celebrations, the dinners out with friends and the intimate dinners in with a special someone.. tasting all the delightful foods in the world, and all the meals of every Up Day forevermore.. all while using your Down Days to manage your slim weight at the same time.

Believe me, I can only speak for myself and how I feel about it here, but a couple of pounds of water weight is such a small price to pay for that I can't even begin to tell you how unimportant those few pounds are in comparison with all the benefits JUDDD will give you!
Old 11-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #485
Senior LCF Member

I have a quick question. What percent of my calories would you recommend for my DD's? If I want to lose about 5 pounds from where I am now. That is not counting the water weight I will gain.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #486
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD

to all the newbies that I have missed the last week.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:04 AM   #487
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
I have a quick question. What percent of my calories would you recommend for my DD's? If I want to lose about 5 pounds from where I am now. That is not counting the water weight I will gain.
500 calories is "doable" if you can handle it, some can do more - some less. And it depends on your appetite that particular day lol.
If you look at the daily menu threads, you'll see a lot of DD menu ideas to help you sort it out in your mind
Old 11-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #488
Senior LCF Member

I will give 500 a try. Today is going to be an UD. Hopefully a DD tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:58 PM   #489
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: loves2sing
Stats: 180.5/148.4/145
Start Date: Restart JUDDD 11/24/11 at 152.8
Question: It looks like there are 2 or more threads here where people post daily calories, weight, exercise, etc.

Any guidelines for which thread(s) to join?

I think I'd benefit from posting what I eat on DDs, my exercise, my weigh-ins, and various thoughts that come up... Don't want to step on any toes...

Thanks,
Cynthia
Old 11-27-2011, 04:30 AM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
I must not be paying enough attention!! I'll go back and look!!
Old 11-27-2011, 07:04 AM   #491
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2sing View Post
Question: It looks like there are 2 or more threads here where people post daily calories, weight, exercise, etc.

Any guidelines for which thread(s) to join?

I think I'd benefit from posting what I eat on DDs, my exercise, my weigh-ins, and various thoughts that come up... Don't want to step on any toes...

Thanks,
Cynthia
Cynthia post everywhere you'd like to
Old 11-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Weight management: sort of a daily thread, losses or gains, questions, support
Whoo-hoos: things you're really excited about, weight loss or new shoes or whatever

There is an exercise thread, too, and a "what are you eating today" thread is started every day...if you don't see it, you can start it! But that can be UDs and DDs;
for DDs only, there is a "DD Menus and Recipes" thread in the stickies.

There's also a section in the main forum for weight loss journals, if you want to keep it all together for yourself and be able to refer back to your postings, recipes, etc more easily (but people can comment on it, and you can put a link in your signature if you'd like more people to check it out).
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
Old 11-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #493
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cabrioluvr
Stats: 18/12/6
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: 03/2000
Where do you guys get those shirataki noodles? I've been trying to read through the threads.....
Old 11-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrioluvr View Post
Where do you guys get those shirataki noodles? I've been trying to read through the threads.....
You can get them online from several companies, including Netrition. I often get mine at an Asian market. The health food store where I used to work carried them; they're called "Pasta Slim" by Wildwood Foods. We had to order them through the produce supplier (Albert's)...just FYI, in case your local store doesn't carry them and they don't see them in their regular order books.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #495

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
My local health food store had the shirataki noodles as well.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We buy them in our Japanese store - thankfully we're in the right area of London. Also, when I head back to Australia - I'll be on the Gold Coast -lots of Asian food stores there!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #497
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LouLou
Stats: 170/168/140
Start Date: 11/14/11 restarting 1/2/12
Trying to understand

I have been doing this now for two weeks. I think I have only lost 3 lbs. I am a slow loser. I am thrilled to have the scale move at all. I was wondering if maybe I wasn't following it correctly. I have been fairly good on my DD. On my UDs I haven't been eating all my calories ( only some days). I have been tracking calories on UDs because it is a habit for me. Im thinking I should really try to hit that number. Also, does everyone exercise on their UDs. I haven't exercise in a week because of having a bad cold. I am now ready to resume. This is all so new to me and so different than having a certain calorie range for every day. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2011, 04:21 AM   #498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LouLou - better people to answer your questions than me here - with reasoning why!!

However, I do think that 'yes' you do need to hit your UD calories - otherwise your body will think 'starvation' and hold on to calories.

I'm too lazy to exercise at the moment - and just the walking I am doing in the UK - is exercise after my very sedentary life in Salalah, Oman! However, my mother, Kissa, exercises whether it is an UD or a DD - today is a DD and she's at the gym doing an exercise class - full on aerobics for an hour. She has no issues with it.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #499
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouLou View Post
I have been doing this now for two weeks. I think I have only lost 3 lbs. I am a slow loser. I am thrilled to have the scale move at all. I was wondering if maybe I wasn't following it correctly. I have been fairly good on my DD. On my UDs I haven't been eating all my calories ( only some days). I have been tracking calories on UDs because it is a habit for me. Im thinking I should really try to hit that number. Also, does everyone exercise on their UDs. I haven't exercise in a week because of having a bad cold. I am now ready to resume. This is all so new to me and so different than having a certain calorie range for every day. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
OK, when you say "fairly good" on your DDs are you keeping up to or below your calories for the DDs? If not, there could be your first problem. Eating more than we should on our DDs will not let JUDDD work it's magic as it will.

And yes, eating most of your UD calories will also help the magic to work. JUDDD is a science and as such needs to be applied as you would any science project, with a formula and pretty much sticking to that formula.

Some will say it's not such a hard and fast rule, but my experience and weight loss plus others who have had the same outcome, will tell you that JUDDD works, and works amazingly well IF we stick to the formula and work the plan as suggested.

May I ask what your DD and UD calorie numbers look like? Not having a big enough gap between your DD and UD calories could be another reason JUDDD is moving slowly for you.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 12-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #500
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Beeb! I have been eating 500 for DD and 1700-1800 for UDs. I know that the last week I might have been closer to 600 on DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
OK, when you say "fairly good" on your DDs are you keeping up to or below your calories for the DDs? If not, there could be your first problem. Eating more than we should on our DDs will not let JUDDD work it's magic as it will.

And yes, eating most of your UD calories will also help the magic to work. JUDDD is a science and as such needs to be applied as you would any science project, with a formula and pretty much sticking to that formula.

Some will say it's not such a hard and fast rule, but my experience and weight loss plus others who have had the same outcome, will tell you that JUDDD works, and works amazingly well IF we stick to the formula and work the plan as suggested.

May I ask what your DD and UD calorie numbers look like? Not having a big enough gap between your DD and UD calories could be another reason JUDDD is moving slowly for you.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #501

Quote:
Thanks Beeb! I have been eating 500 for DD and 1700-1800 for UDs. I know that the last week I might have been closer to 600 on DD.
OK, got another ? for you, if I may. Where did you get your numbers from? Are they just from the JUDDD calculator or an average of several calculators?

Some have found that the JUDDD calculator gives us a little too much for our UDs. I didn't have this issue but some have and taking an average of several calculators seems to give a better UD number.

Here is a thread to help, if you haven't seen it yet: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...lculators.html

I'm determined to help you figure this out!!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:37 AM   #502
Junior LCF Member

I did use the JUDDD calculator. The numbers on there where a little higher so I just lowered it myself. I think my UD calories would have been around 2300 or so. I just thought that was to high. I'll have to try to take an average. I did weigh this morning and was back down 1 1/2 lbs. Maybe it was the sodium. I'm just not sure if I should eat 1700 or 1800. I'll try to average. I realize that I must stay very close to 500 on DD days. I think I am my own worst enemy! I just have to remember the next day I can eat more.

Thank you for your help! I truly appreciate it. My daughter graduates in June and I am determined to be 30 lbs lighter. I have learned that this has to be a lifestyle change if I want to be and stay healthy.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #503

Quote:
I did use the JUDDD calculator. The numbers on there where a little higher so I just lowered it myself. I think my UD calories would have been around 2300 or so. I just thought that was to high. I'll have to try to take an average. I did weigh this morning and was back down 1 1/2 lbs. Maybe it was the sodium. I'm just not sure if I should eat 1700 or 1800. I'll try to average. I realize that I must stay very close to 500 on DD days. I think I am my own worst enemy! I just have to remember the next day I can eat more.

Thank you for your help! I truly appreciate it. My daughter graduates in June and I am determined to be 30 lbs lighter. I have learned that this has to be a lifestyle change if I want to be and stay healthy.
You have the right attitude now you just need the right numbers. Do the average and see what you get. Many find this works wonderful to get the weight loss to start moving the way we all want it....down!! I really think you will find this WOE amazing, like lots of us do, and I'm looking forward to reading about your progress!!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #504

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Hi all! I've been very busy reading all the other threads here, and have posted and gotten responses from several of you, so I thought I might post in here as well.

I've been doing LC (this time) for about 6 weeks and have lost just under 13 lbs. Normally with LC I would have lost around 20 lbs in this amount of time, so I'm a bit discouraged and looking for something to either replace LC or incorporate into it.

I've entered my info into the Calculators and it looks like my UDs calories would be 2350, with 469 calories for DDs. I think the UDs # is a little high. I think I may start out with 2000/500, unless this seems way out of whack to any of you experienced JUDDDers.

I'm taking this weekend off as it's my daughter's 7th birthday party (her real birthday is 3 days before Christmas, and we like a little seperation), then start with a DD on Monday.

I'm so pleased with how helpful everyone is on this site, and in this forum as well. You all seem to really care about each other.

TIA for all the help and support. I will be relying on you all heavily for the next couple of weeks, I suspect!

Dawn
Old 12-09-2011, 08:29 AM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TraciLew
Stats: 210/208.5/145 5'5"
Start Date: 4/11/12
Hi all...New to JUDDD here! I've bounced all over the place over the years. I'm hoping this might be "for me" though. I like eating low carb, but it's never produced results for me the way it does for others. I've been reading up on this for a few days and have decided I want to give it a try.

I think my biggest challenge might be avoiding the scale frustration since it looks like people see ups and downs then a "whoosh" of sorts. So I think I really need to try avoiding it except for once a week weigh ins.

Looking at the different calorie calculators, my numbers would be as follows:
UD 1800 / DD 500

The JUDDD website suggested over 2000 calories for my UD, but as others have said, that seemed scarily high. So that's why I went with the average of a few websites. and came up with just over 1800.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here. I'm excited about the new possibilities with this program - and hope it's something I can maintain. It seems doable, especially because there are no "restrictions" as far as what you CAN have on your UD's.

I'll thank you all in advance for your help ... I'm sure I'll need it

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."
-Vince Lombardi
Old 12-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #506
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciLew View Post
Hi all...New to JUDDD here! I've bounced all over the place over the years. I'm hoping this might be "for me" though. I like eating low carb, but it's never produced results for me the way it does for others. I've been reading up on this for a few days and have decided I want to give it a try.

I think my biggest challenge might be avoiding the scale frustration since it looks like people see ups and downs then a "whoosh" of sorts. So I think I really need to try avoiding it except for once a week weigh ins.

Looking at the different calorie calculators, my numbers would be as follows:
UD 1800 / DD 500

The JUDDD website suggested over 2000 calories for my UD, but as others have said, that seemed scarily high. So that's why I went with the average of a few websites. and came up with just over 1800.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here. I'm excited about the new possibilities with this program - and hope it's something I can maintain. It seems doable, especially because there are no "restrictions" as far as what you CAN have on your UD's.

I'll thank you all in advance for your help ... I'm sure I'll need it

Hi, TraciLew!! So nice to have you join us in JUDDD!! You will love this forum. Ask all the questions you need, there are lots of helpful, sweet folks here.
Welcome, and enjoy!!
Old 12-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Welcome TraciLew and KeirasMom!!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and congrats on 20lbs lost--in a month!!! Wow!!!
Old 12-10-2011, 01:47 AM   #509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn, Traci and Raquelena

You'll do or continue to do great!!!
Old 12-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mauigal
Stats: 201/152/136
WOE: Stillmans/Atkins '72
Newbie starting today!

Hi, I'm Sandy and after reading this thread pretty extensively, have decided to give JUDDD an honest try. I did HHCG for a few rounds and had great success. The last time I used it in May, I had a gran mal seizure on the second day of loading, so it was advised by my Dr. to quit the stuff. I was so upset, as this was the ONLY thing that worked for me in years. I have had NO luck in losing anything since then and my weight is right back up to where I started.

You all are a wealth of information and I am looking forward to getting started and sharing with you all. I have my Slimfasts and light Progresso soups all lined up!

Apr 1 - 179
May 1 - 169
Closed Thread