Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 06:54 AM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Well, I am impressed.
I started at 177.6 yesterday and today weighed in at 175.4.
I know that my weight will most likely go back up after today as I will be heavier than normal on the carbs.

But still .. I am impressed!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cookwithme65
Stats: 195/160/150
WOE: Low Carb - Atkins
Start Date: Process started in 2011, restart nov 2013
After much reading here on the boards I am going to give Juddd a try starting tomorrow as a DD. This will hopefully will help in several different ways other than weight loss. I have just started low carbing but my pantry and freezer is still full with items that are not legal. As money is tight, this will allow me to use up older items and such and possibly save money on my food expenses.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Hi, cookwithme!

A lot of JUDDDers recommend your first day being an Up Day.
So you could just eat well today, and still do your DD tomorrow.

Good luck and
Old 11-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #424
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookwithme65 View Post
After much reading here on the boards I am going to give Juddd a try starting tomorrow as a DD. This will hopefully will help in several different ways other than weight loss. I have just started low carbing but my pantry and freezer is still full with items that are not legal. As money is tight, this will allow me to use up older items and such and possibly save money on my food expenses.
and let me suggest you eat very well today to make that first DD a lot easier!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:23 PM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cookwithme!
We are starting together it looks like!
Old 11-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #426
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Piccina
Stats: 130/111/100 (5'2")
Start Date: November 13/2011, restarted Feburary 25/2012
Thanks for all the kind welcomes everyone! I'm glad to be a part of the group!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #427
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ooodsie
Stats: 170/160/145
WOE: Low Carb (Going to try JUDDD)
I'm going to start tomorrow as an UP day. I've been majorly stalled on Low Carb/Low Calorie and need a shove in the right direction... Can I ask if you guys are "low carbers" (I assume you all are/were at some point, hence being on this board) - if you are now eating UP days, do you still try to eat low carb, or eat whatever you want now? Or just do low carb on DD's? Just trying to understand
Old 11-19-2011, 04:20 AM   #428
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
I'm still mostly low- carbing. Though not as low as most plans recommend. I've had a few higher carb days (under 200) but mine stay under 100 even on up days, most days closer to 40-50.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:17 AM   #429
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cookwithme65
Stats: 195/160/150
WOE: Low Carb - Atkins
Start Date: Process started in 2011, restart nov 2013
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Today is officially Day one for me trying JUDDD. It will be a DD.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:49 AM   #430
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mamadawny
WOE: low carb
Okay guys, I'm living it up this weekend. I guess I am starting tomorrow with an UD, that way Thanksgiving will be on an UD. I need to go out and find some low cal things for Monday. I'm worried about getting out of ketosis because it seems to keep my fibromyalgia in check, but I stall out on the low carb and even while in ketosis feel hungry.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good luck, mamadawny!!!

I've heard of people having less fibro pain w/anti-inflammatory diets (even though it's not considered an inflammatory disease) so I hope this works for you!

ooodsie--I'm a sorta low-carber too, due to diabetes. I have to avoid sugar/honey/fruit juice etc pretty strictly. However, for my Up Days, I will sometimes have white bread (pizza, bagel, garlic bread) or potatoes or rice & beans for ONE meal. And if I am having a particular craving, like for cookies or peanut butter or nachos, I will eat a small serving on an UD to satisfy that craving and get it out of my mind.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
Old 11-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
Hello I'm another hcg gal. Did two rounds and lost 65 pounds. Have been in in maintenance for about 6 months. The first 4 months I maintained great. Following a very strict food guidelines. I don't eat sugar or starch. basically low carb. Counted calories every day. Now in the last couple of months it seems my weight is trying to creep up on me. I have to do a few clean eating days to get back down and I eat so clean anyway there isn't much room there.

Anyway I came across this and was thinking would it work for me? Could I actually maintain my weight and maybe add some forbidden foods back into my diet without gaining?

Right now I have creeped up about a pound (I know it doesn't sound like alot but you can't let it get out of control). Still 2 pounds under my LDW but I see it going over again. Maybe my body needs a little shaking up. It seems that this is kind of what the JUDDD is for. Getting the body out of the same calories every day rut.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadawny View Post
Okay guys, I'm living it up this weekend. I guess I am starting tomorrow with an UD, that way Thanksgiving will be on an UD. I need to go out and find some low cal things for Monday. I'm worried about getting out of ketosis because it seems to keep my fibromyalgia in check, but I stall out on the low carb and even while in ketosis feel hungry.
and hope you just JUDDD! And just a little FYI: I have Fibro, also and I will say that even though LC helped because sugar was a bad trigger for my Fibro, I found out, JUDDD is making it even better, for some reason. SO, keeping lowish carb (still no sugar) and doing the every other day calorie restriction of JUDDD is a "magic" combo!!
Old 11-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #434

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooodsie View Post
I'm going to start tomorrow as an UP day. I've been majorly stalled on Low Carb/Low Calorie and need a shove in the right direction... Can I ask if you guys are "low carbers" (I assume you all are/were at some point, hence being on this board) - if you are now eating UP days, do you still try to eat low carb, or eat whatever you want now? Or just do low carb on DD's? Just trying to understand
YUP, lots of people doing JUDDD still do LC, and very successfully, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
Hello I'm another hcg gal. Did two rounds and lost 65 pounds. Have been in in maintenance for about 6 months. The first 4 months I maintained great. Following a very strict food guidelines. I don't eat sugar or starch. basically low carb. Counted calories every day. Now in the last couple of months it seems my weight is trying to creep up on me. I have to do a few clean eating days to get back down and I eat so clean anyway there isn't much room there.

Anyway I came across this and was thinking would it work for me? Could I actually maintain my weight and maybe add some forbidden foods back into my diet without gaining?

Right now I have creeped up about a pound (I know it doesn't sound like alot but you can't let it get out of control). Still 2 pounds under my LDW but I see it going over again. Maybe my body needs a little shaking up. It seems that this is kind of what the JUDDD is for. Getting the body out of the same calories every day rut.
Would just like to warn you that you may see a gain when you start to add carbs, if you do, into this WOE but it is just water and many have found that after the first week of UDs and DDs it's gone and often times taking some of it's little weight friends with it! I always suggest you give JUDDD at LEAST 2 weeks before you decide if it's for you or not. Your body will need to adjust to a different WOE and most times it just holds onto water during that adjustment.

both of you to the JUDDD family!! Looking forward to hearing about your progress and success!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 11-19-2011 at 12:04 PM..
Old 11-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post

Sherry

I, too am a post HHCGer, and I started JUDDD on my 70th day of P4, and like you, the scale kept reflecting higher and higher numbers. It always started around the 2nd or 3rd month of P4!

I was getting so weary of trying to stay within my window, and then I accidentally found JUDDD. I had purchased the Jon Benson program but I found it was a bit more complicated than I'd like.

After HHCG, I need simplicity and ease, and JUDDD more than qualifies!
It is absolutely so so so refreshing that I'm able to not only maintain, but actually release more weight. AND, I'm eating sugars, starches and all the things I've craved for so long.

After protocol though, you will be gaining some weight in the form of water, but please, don't let that deter you from doing JUDDD. After your body acclimates to carbs again, you'll find that the lbs will start releasing themselves.

Looking forward to reading your successes!!!

Gracie's Journal
Old 11-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There is so much great info here - I learn something new every time I read this thread!
Old 11-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was getting so weary of trying to stay within my window
That's it. And not being able to eat any starches. I can live without actual sugar. I will need to do more reading here I think to get started. But it sounds promising.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #438
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LouLou
Stats: 170/168/140
Start Date: 11/14/11 restarting 1/2/12
Just starting

Hello I have just started this way of eating on Monday 11/14/11. It really is a different thing for me! I have always counted calories but kept them the same everyday. I lost 50 lbs originally doing this but I gained 30 lbs. back. Nothing has seemed to work. My friend started doing this so I'm giving it a try too.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
Hi....I'm coming in!!! I want this to work...former lowcarb and just CAN't anymore...i've hit such a brick wall....i'm never truly hungry anyway so i'm HOPING the down days will not be so much of a challenge....i'm not exactly sure that this is the week to start this with tg on thursday, but since i ate and UD today, i'm thinking DD monday and wednesday and friday with keeping tuesday and thursday and saturday as UDs....does that sound about right....also does anyone know how alcohol effects this woe....i'm not planning on drinking tons, however i've done lowcarb for so long that i know that on that woe it stalls me....i'm just sooooo excited to see soooo many of my lowcarbers here and successful....it gives me hope and joy....thanks for posting i have enjoyed reading all of these!!!! good luck to you all!!!

Feb 1: 190 ---> 193.8
March 1: 185 -> 188.0
April 1: 180 --> 184.8
May 1: 175 --> 178.2
June 1: 170
.......-5/month until my birthday in
DECEMBER: 140
Old 11-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #440
Senior LCF Member

I haven't started yet either. I need some time to digest everything and to know what and how much to each day. Maybe next week after thanksgiving.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #441

to all the Newbies!! It's so nice to see you all and hope you find great successes on JUDDD and enjoy this WOE as much as I do!
Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

I bought the book on kindle and read a good portion of it....I will start the Saturday after tg with a down day....I'm very excited and want to do this accurately....have a no pressure holiday and party Friday ....Saturday it is thx for the support!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
Hey JUDDers! I have been lurking on the boards for a while now, but I wanted to join in the fun by saying Thanks!! to Linda for her post in the Main Lobby some time ago about JUDDD. I lost my first 30 lbs doing low carb, and then.....nothing. Up and down around 156. I was very good about eating low carb, and I know my body well enough that this was not just a "stall", but something needed to be seriously tweaked. I remembered the post that Linda made, and how much it resonated with me. I have always admired people who will "stick their necks out" for the betterment of others, and without that post, I wouldn't be where I am today...149 lbs, BABY!! I cannot believe how effective this way of eating is, and I am thoroughly enjoying food again! I am slowly adding carbs back in, and now I can enjoy fruit (I cannot believe I denied myself fruit, for goodness' sake..) and I just had a Nonni's Triple Milk Chocolate Biscotti....YUMMO!

Anyway, I am looking forward to having fun with this way of eating, and chatting with all you brilliant, beautiful ladies!

Beeb (Linda..lol) I owe you everything. I knew my body didn't want VLC anymore, and this way of eating has my metabolism revved up. I never have to worry again! (Oh, and my hubby of 17 years thanks you too...)
Old 11-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #444
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Welcome maylessa and mattsmama!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #445
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
Thank you, handbells!!! I am glad to be in with such a sweet group!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #446

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmama View Post
Hey JUDDers! I have been lurking on the boards for a while now, but I wanted to join in the fun by saying Thanks!! to Linda for her post in the Main Lobby some time ago about JUDDD. I lost my first 30 lbs doing low carb, and then.....nothing. Up and down around 156. I was very good about eating low carb, and I know my body well enough that this was not just a "stall", but something needed to be seriously tweaked. I remembered the post that Linda made, and how much it resonated with me. I have always admired people who will "stick their necks out" for the betterment of others, and without that post, I wouldn't be where I am today...149 lbs, BABY!! I cannot believe how effective this way of eating is, and I am thoroughly enjoying food again! I am slowly adding carbs back in, and now I can enjoy fruit (I cannot believe I denied myself fruit, for goodness' sake..) and I just had a Nonni's Triple Milk Chocolate Biscotti....YUMMO!

Anyway, I am looking forward to having fun with this way of eating, and chatting with all you brilliant, beautiful ladies!

Beeb (Linda..lol) I owe you everything. I knew my body didn't want VLC anymore, and this way of eating has my metabolism revved up. I never have to worry again! (Oh, and my hubby of 17 years thanks you too...)
OH MY....this made me with joy!! I am SO happy I could help, in some small way, and that is what I was aiming for when I posted that thread! BUT, you took the chance and did the work, I only wrote my experience and findings, so give yourself a BIG , as I'm doing right now!!

And and SO to have you in our JUDDD family and also so that it's working so well for you and you are enjoying this as much as I and others are. It IS such a wonderful thing to eat the foods we denied ourselves and then finding we CAN eat those foods and still lose weight!

Again, I am SO thrilled to read your post and tell hubby I'm glad I could help!

Looking forward to reading all your success posts in the near future!

Last edited by Beeb; 11-22-2011 at 01:39 PM..
Old 11-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

I can NOT WAIT to start this saturday.....all of you, beeb and pirate jenny, are so encouraging and positive, I feel like I could conquer this battle of the bulge with ya'll by my side!!! thanks as she posted above for trying something new and different and reporting back the findings.....the proof is in your pudding!!! sooo excited to start.....i look fwd to this!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
I can NOT WAIT to start this saturday.....all of you, beeb and pirate jenny, are so encouraging and positive, I feel like I could conquer this battle of the bulge with ya'll by my side!!! thanks as she posted above for trying something new and different and reporting back the findings.....the proof is in your pudding!!! sooo excited to start.....i look fwd to this!!!
Can't wait to see your process and success!!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
Why, thank you!!!

I wish you the best of luck!
DDs are still tough for me, but "dieting" every other day is so cool!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:27 AM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Hi

MintQ8 here - long time eater - LCer on occasion and sometime other diet follower!

My Mum is Kissa - who has been very successful with both LC and now with JUDDD - so here I am giving it a go too.

Today is my first official day - it's an up day - mainly to fit in with Kissa - who I am staying with for the next 2 months (moving countries - we were in Oman and we're heading to Australia) for Christmas, New Year and Skiing! (okay apres skiing!)

Not used to counting calories - so this is going to be a bit of a challenge - but I think I'm up for it!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!