Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Thanks Seabreezes. I think I am going to give this a try. I counted the days to make sure that Thanksgiving falls on an UD and am going to start with an UD on Friday. Wish me luck!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #392
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
I am considering trying JUDDD. I have been an Atkins follower since the beginning of the year and have lost about 25 pounds. I have been stuck there for months and months now and the scale is not budging.

I have a few concerns though. Might this trigger binge eating if I am prone to it? I also am concerned about "selling" this WOE to my partner who is doing Atkins with me.

I'm reading all the threads though!

Also, one other thought I have had, is anyone doing this by drinking protein shakes on DDs?
Having been a "binge" eater (though not to the extent of having an ED), I don't believe this WOE will trigger it. Mind, this is only my second day! However, I am being very mindful of what I eat and my caloric intake. Which brings me to my second thing. Yesterday was a DD for me and I started off with a protein shake. It left me *very* unsatisfied for the amount of calories it was. Give it a try and see how it works for you!

One last note. If you are interested, don't put it off until Friday! I was going to wait until today to start (so I could start on an UD and have my cycle be on an UD for Thanksgiving) and decided at the last minute to start yesterday with a DD. Jumping straight in was the best thing I could have done. It was hard, being a DD, but the thought of following with an UD kept me going.

Welcome and Good Luck!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."

Last edited by handbells; 11-16-2011 at 02:23 PM..
Old 11-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
I also am concerned about "selling" this WOE to my partner who is doing Atkins with me.
Before I offer any advice--
Are you (a) trying to get your partner to do JUDDD with you,
or (b) doing JUDDD on your own but wanting to reassure your partner that you're not doing something obsessive or unhealthy?
Old 11-16-2011, 07:13 PM   #394
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengoddess View Post
I am a recovering Atkins dieter also. I just have not been successful or happy in a long time. I have been checking out the threads in this forum and I'm going to give it a try. I'm tired of being disappointed in myself.

I haven't paid attention to calories in about 8 years, so that is the most challenging thing right now! Today is my first day - its an UP day.
Hi GG! I love the white kitty in your pic, btw Welcome to JUDDD! I understand about not paying attention to calories, and then having to do so. I was skeptical at first that I could get into the calorie-counting at first, but boy, do you catch on fast! It'll be a breeze before you know it. Good luck and let us know how you're doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaconatser View Post
I am more of a lurker than anything. I have lurked around LCF off and on for quite a long time. I have also been a low-carb dieter off and on for several years.

I've been overweight since I was 5 years old, with years of losing/gaining. Since I have been an adult, I have been as low as 170-ish and as high as around 265. So far, the only 2 ways I have found to lose weight (for me, anyway), is to eat only one meal a day or low-carb. The problem is, I haven't been able to make either of these eating styles a life long way of life. I love all the low-carb foods, but every now and then, I just want some mashed potatoes or a piece of bread! I also now have a hard time doing the one meal a day, because I get terrible stomach cramps if I don't eat something within a certain time period after waking. I have acid reflux, so I am not sure if that is why I cramp or what the issue is.

Wow, this is turning into a book! Sorry!

Anyway, I have looked at JUDD so many times and wondered if I could do it. I've decided that I can! I started today, with an UD, just because that is the best for my schedule.

I've been impressed with my first day, and I am looking forward to tomorrow. I want to see how I am going to handle only 500 calories, but I know I can do it!

Thanks for all the inspiration and support!
Hi Melissa! I know you can do do this! Please keep us updated - let us know about the ups and downs so we can help and encourage you. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgw View Post
Hello I've been here on LCF awhile. I've done JUDDD and had some success. I just did not stick to the plan like I should have.
I am ready to restart this plan so please wish me luck.
later ladies,
Jan
Good luck, Jan! And welcome! Keep us updated on your progress so we can cheer you on or help if you need it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm starting JUDD tomorrow for one reason and one reason only : being so super impressed and inspired and encouraged by the wonderful support, love and friendship here ... not to mention the weight loss results!!!

My first DD is tomorrow at 400 calories, and my UP will be 2000. Does that sound right?
Hi Changeling! to the forum and to the JUDDD woe! Hope you will make yourself right at home and post a lot. Let us know how you're doing. Good luck and welcome again

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Hello All!

I've been lurking with interest and have decided to take the plunge! I was going to wait until Wednesday to start (so that Thanksgiving could be an UD), but I think I'm going to start tomorrow with a DD. Anyhow, a little about me...

I'm 39, have four children (one c-section, 3 VBACs), and am short (5'1). I'm also on the outskirts of pre-menopause (starting to have symptoms) and think I may have an under active thyroid (though that is speculation on my part and has not been determined yet). I've tried bunches of different WOE, but nothing has really worked or stuck. I'm excited about trying this WOE and hopefully having it work for me!

I know I need to throw some exercise in there, just trying to figure out when that's going to be. With four kids and a part time job, there's not a lot of time for me (even though I need to make time!)
Hi Handbells! Welcome! Glad to have you and all the others here! It's getting to be a party over here at JUDDD If you haven't tried Callanetics, I can heartily recommend it. It's not anything high impact, but it does transform your shape. Hope you have great luck with JUDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHLEY2HAWAII View Post
Hi Judders
Im comming from the HCG group. I had a bad round last month, my son was in the hospital for a all of October with Crohns, and dieting and stress was a bad combo. He is doing better and now I need to take care of me. I lost 13 and my hubby lost 30 so now we want to try this woe. It was so hard for him to stick to 500 every day, so this should be a peice of cake. (Only on up day).
Glad to join the group, looking forward to this Judd life style. Ive done our calender so that we will end up on UD for Thanksgiving .
Today is DOWN day for us.
Judd!
Hi Ashley! Glad you're joining us at JUDDD. Yes, take care of yourself and enjoy this new woe You can always throw in a MD (medium day) if you need an UD to fall on a certain day. Good luck with JUDDD and post if you need any help at all. Let us know about your progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoftwo View Post
Hi, I know I have been posting here and there. I am doing HCG right now and almost at my 40 day max and ultimate goal

My plan is to do one week on P3 hcg and then move to JUDDD to maintain. I read here everyday to see all the great advice, support and success stories from everyone on the board. Really looking forward to my JUDDD journey!

Hi 1O2!!! Glad you're a JUDDD BUDDD and on the journey with us! Enjoy it and good luck!

Quote:
I am considering trying JUDDD. I have been an Atkins follower since the beginning of the year and have lost about 25 pounds. I have been stuck there for months and months now and the scale is not budging.

I have a few concerns though. Might this trigger binge eating if I am prone to it? I also am concerned about "selling" this WOE to my partner who is doing Atkins with me.

I'm reading all the threads though!

Also, one other thought I have had, is anyone doing this by drinking protein shakes on DDs?
Hey Janet, Welcome to the JUDDD forum! We're so glad to have you and all those trying this out! We love it and we have people from all walks of life and all types of eating plans here. If you want, post your questions on the JUDDD forum so more people will see them. Good luck!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 11-17-2011, 04:34 AM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks so much!

Piratejenny, I was more so just wanting feedback from my partner, K. I didn't necessarily need her to jump on the bandwagon with me but lo and behold - she did!

Handbells, you are right. I started yesterday With an UD. Had a bad day at work and wanted pizza which would have started a landslide on a strict low carb diet. I do want to stay lower carb because I feel better and because carbs have always been my drug of choice.

Today is my very first DD. Have it all planned out and I am hopeful I will make a go of it!

Thanks for all the support

Janet's Second Wind
Old 11-17-2011, 04:56 AM   #396
Blabbermouth!!!

yeah! So glad to hear it! And nice that your partner jumped on too. Will make it easier Let us know how your DD goes!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:59 AM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks handbells!

So far, so good
Old 11-17-2011, 08:08 AM   #398
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Thanks so much!

Piratejenny, I was more so just wanting feedback from my partner, K. I didn't necessarily need her to jump on the bandwagon with me but lo and behold - she did!

Handbells, you are right. I started yesterday With an UD. Had a bad day at work and wanted pizza which would have started a landslide on a strict low carb diet. I do want to stay lower carb because I feel better and because carbs have always been my drug of choice.

Today is my very first DD. Have it all planned out and I am hopeful I will make a go of it!

Thanks for all the support
How VERY cool is this! There is power in numbers, I always say, and it's so much easier when those around us are doing the same WOE that we are! I'm sure you both will find this WOE just as amazing as we do!

Good luck on your DD today!
Old 11-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chona
Start Date: November 8, 2011
My name is Lenore, just thought I would say officially hello. My friend Beeb introduced me to JUDDD. We go way back to when she was locarbing it and I was raw veganning it. I am an author and met Beeb five years ago when we worked on our first book. I am excited about trying this WOE.
Thanks for welcoming me!
Lenore
Old 11-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #400
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmsko View Post
My name is Lenore, just thought I would say officially hello. My friend Beeb introduced me to JUDDD. We go way back to when she was locarbing it and I was raw veganning it. I am an author and met Beeb five years ago when we worked on our first book. I am excited about trying this WOE.
Thanks for welcoming me!
Lenore
Hi Lenore! to JUDDD! Love your name - Lenore - and your turkey picture!
Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Sophie! I love that name Sophie. Maybe I will use it in my next novel!
Old 11-17-2011, 11:46 AM   #402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Thanks for welcoming me!
Lenore
Lenore!

You already know, I'm sure, from Beeb how supportive we are here!

Btw, I see you're from Pa.! That's my home state.......where in Pa. are you?
Old 11-17-2011, 12:07 PM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
Stats: 154/139/130 - 6 # lost on JUDDD
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
Lenore. You'll love it here!!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Lenore!

You already know, I'm sure, from Beeb how supportive we are here!

Btw, I see you're from Pa.! That's my home state.......where in Pa. are you?
Living in Erie! Snowing right now. How about you?
Old 11-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchme View Post
Lenore. You'll love it here!!
Thanks, Vicki. Yes, Linda has raved (in a positive way) about what a warm and supportive group you are. I have been a fool for not jumping in earlier. But the old Beebster is great, too. A fine friend. And amazing person.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #406

Quote:
Thanks, Vicki. Yes, Linda has raved (in a positive way) about what a warm and supportive group you are. I have been a fool for not jumping in earlier. But the old Beebster is great, too. A fine friend. And amazing person.
CHONA!! This is what I call my bestest friend, Lenore. It means Your Majesty in Korean!

I'm so to have you doing JUDDD with me and I KNOW you are going to love all the JUDDD BUDDDs here, they are the best of the best!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #407
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome Lenore!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's so awesome to have a RL friend on this board!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 02:40 PM   #409

Quote:
That's so awesome to have a RL friend on this board!!!
RL? Don't know that one yet. I'm afraid to guess, too!
Old 11-17-2011, 02:41 PM   #410
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
RL = real life lol
Old 11-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh sorry, I didn't think
I suppose RL could be so many things ...

Royal Lemon
Really Lame
Running Loco
Old 11-17-2011, 05:56 PM   #412
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Piccina
Stats: 130/111/100 (5'2")
Start Date: November 13/2011, restarted Feburary 25/2012
Hi! I'm new here, my name is Francesca. I'm 24, I live in Canada... I've been having trouble 'bouncing back' ever since I had my second baby 15 months ago. I've been JUDDDing since Monday and I'm 5'2" and (was - hopefully) 130 lbs. Tomorrow is another DD. I would like to get down to 100 lbs, ultimately (sounds a little low but my frame is very small). On up days I'm trying to shoot between 1500-2000- the calculator on the web site gives me just under 1700, but I'm also nursing my 15 month old. On low days I'm shooting for 300 calories or less. My 2 down days have been successful, my first up day I ate too much but today I'm on track. I look forward to seeing all the progress on this board and sharing my own!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #413
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Francesca
Old 11-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
Stats: 154/139/130 - 6 # lost on JUDDD
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
Old 11-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #415

Quote:
Oh sorry, I didn't think
I suppose RL could be so many things ...

Royal Lemon
Really Lame
Running Loco
Old 11-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccina View Post
Hi! I'm new here, my name is Francesca. I'm 24, I live in Canada... I've been having trouble 'bouncing back' ever since I had my second baby 15 months ago. I've been JUDDDing since Monday and I'm 5'2" and (was - hopefully) 130 lbs. Tomorrow is another DD. I would like to get down to 100 lbs, ultimately (sounds a little low but my frame is very small). On up days I'm trying to shoot between 1500-2000- the calculator on the web site gives me just under 1700, but I'm also nursing my 15 month old. On low days I'm shooting for 300 calories or less. My 2 down days have been successful, my first up day I ate too much but today I'm on track. I look forward to seeing all the progress on this board and sharing my own!
! There is another nursing Mom on here. You should check out her thread, she seems to be doing well on JUDDD!! Glad to have you on board!! Here is the thread: attempting this with breastfeeding here I go!
Old 11-18-2011, 04:36 AM   #417
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
CHONA!! This is what I call my bestest friend, Lenore. It means Your Majesty in Korean!

I'm so to have you doing JUDDD with me and I KNOW you are going to love all the JUDDD BUDDDs here, they are the best of the best!
Thanks, Omaneem. I very much appreciate how you've included me in this group! I have to say, you have encouraged me in your own weight loss journey!
Old 11-18-2011, 04:37 AM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Francesca
Thank you so much! I hope you don't get tired of all my questions.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:38 AM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchme View Post
Thanks, Vicki! That's my sister's name. I hope I can add something to the discussion.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:38 AM   #420
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome to our new JUDDD BUDDDs! This forum grows every week these days!

Lenore, It's so nice to have you join us here, and is going to be especially good for your friend, Beeb/Linda, who is so shy.

I'm also happy to see you join us, Francesca! I know JUDDD will undoubtedly do the job for you and bring you the results you are hoping for too. We have a couple of other nursing mothers here too, so you won't be alone.

I hope I haven't missed welcoming anyone. I'm just so happy to have so many following this plan now! It's nice to be surrounded by so much weight loss success.